Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,942)

Showing posts 178,821 - 178,840 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>I know a Vet, both leggs bolwn off, lost his eye sight, and his boys. He can not have children, but he is married. KMare thinks his marriage is not equal to normaal traditional marriage, where children are produced. Tell Me Frank, do you agree with KMare???? Frank is procreation required in ANY marriage? If not, why does KMare bring it up?
No one has said procreation is a requirement for marriage, liar.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough sh!t on em, eh? Nice! And you whine you're not being treated with respect. Priceless.
Big D knows no d!ckless vets, don't lie for him.
You'll be the first to whine "Why wasn't I protected, where's the military!" if the time comes.
It's in extremely poor taste and disrespectful for you, Big D and Jizzy to bring up horrible disfigurements in your zeal for a matter that's trivial in comparison.
But you guys chose to go into the military--well, maybe you didn't; but I guess you could have been a conscientious objector--gone to Canada, gone to jail instead of serving.

We did not choose to be gay.

Yet, you're allowed to marry, even though your voluntary military service left some of you sterile. And Kimare insists that since our relationships are sterile, we shouldn't be allowed to marry.

He says that mutually sterile couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.

A man who has a war injury leaving him sterile wants to marry a woman who has had a hysterectomy due to cancer... They are a mutually sterile couple. Does Kimare believe they should be allowed to marry?

And I don't understand why bringing veterans into this conversation has upset you. I honestly don't.

War is hell. People choose to go to war.
sheesh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
The grandkids do just that, they have excelled to the highest level in their choice of sport. When they do watch TV they watch sports or the history chanel. This is all due to the careful guidence as they developed. Again, they grew up playing sports,not playing with dolls or hanging onto mommys apron strings like most Homos did. So you just go watch your new dred on society show and be sure to have your kids with you so they can become as confused as your are. Your bigest challenge of the day is what color blouse to wear today, or if you are a female what kind of cigar to smoke today.
You've made quite a few assumptions there sparky.

Don't watch much TV these days. A bit of Antiques Road Show, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and Big Bang Theory are just about all I bother with. And the occasional movie. Caught Men in Black the other day, hilarious.

Not a blouse to be found in my clothing. Mostly jeans, T-shirts, flannel shirts, and scrub shirts. Missus Sheesh (we've been married for almost 17 years, you figure it out), OTOH, has a few dresses and such but prefers jeans. Neither of us smoke either. Not a fan of huffing down carcinogens.

I will make this confession though, one day each year I do wear a dress. A a nice shocking red one. It goes well with my beard and Caterpillar boots. I do this for charity so I hope you don't mind.

I'd post a pic but you'd probably leave your wife. If she hasn't ditched you already.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>I know a Vet, both leggs bolwn off, lost his eye sight, and his boys. He can not have children, but he is married. KMare thinks his marriage is not equal to normaal traditional marriage, where children are produced. Tell Me Frank, do you agree with KMare???? Frank is procreation required in ANY marriage? If not, why does KMare bring it up?
Yeah sure you do Jizzy. Will he beat up people on command for Big D too?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
But you guys chose to go into the military--well, maybe you didn't; but I guess you could have been a conscientious objector--gone to Canada, gone to jail instead of serving.
We did not choose to be gay.
Yet, you're allowed to marry, even though your voluntary military service left some of you sterile. And Kimare insists that since our relationships are sterile, we shouldn't be allowed to marry.
He says that mutually sterile couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.
A man who has a war injury leaving him sterile wants to marry a woman who has had a hysterectomy due to cancer... They are a mutually sterile couple. Does Kimare believe they should be allowed to marry?
And I don't understand why bringing veterans into this conversation has upset you. I honestly don't.
War is hell. People choose to go to war.
Argue with Kimare about it, not me. I can't and don't speak for him.
Stop disrespecting veterans you coward. How dare you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
You've made quite a few assumptions there sparky.
Don't watch much TV these days. A bit of Antiques Road Show, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and Big Bang Theory are just about all I bother with. And the occasional movie. Caught Men in Black the other day, hilarious.
Not a blouse to be found in my clothing. Mostly jeans, T-shirts, flannel shirts, and scrub shirts. Missus Sheesh (we've been married for almost 17 years, you figure it out), OTOH, has a few dresses and such but prefers jeans. Neither of us smoke either. Not a fan of huffing down carcinogens.
I will make this confession though, one day each year I do wear a dress. A a nice shocking red one. It goes well with my beard and Caterpillar boots. I do this for charity so I hope you don't mind.
I'd post a pic but you'd probably leave your wife. If she hasn't ditched you already.
I like "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". Seriously. They're happy and fun and definitely outside the box! Even got a gay uncle. Uncle Poodle! What's not to like? They had a "watch and sniff" episode recently. "You've seen them, you've heard them, now smell them!" I never got the card but I recorded it in case I do. Me and the grandkids love that silly sh!t. We love gypsy shows too. Celebrate diversity!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>KMare states that Same sex Marriage does not equal traditional marrige, because of the lack of ability to reproduce. That being said, if a Vet, that has been wounded and therefore not able to reproduce, gets married to a woman his marriage must not be equal in KMares mind.
Husband and wife, the setting most desirable for creating new life. Not every marriage can or will, but only husband and wife fit the bill.
Stillers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Are you fools still posting your BS around here?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Jizzy, GET A JOB.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Stillers wrote:
Are you fools still posting your BS around here?
GET A JOB.
POOF

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has said procreation is a requirement for marriage, liar.
I take it that you just scroll by KMares posts, how nice.

God Bless, you
POOF

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Husband and wife, the setting most desirable for creating new life. Not every marriage can or will, but only husband and wife fit the bill.
Why?
POOF

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
GET A JOB.
I have one, I am at work right now. Bet you wish you had a job.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you knew vets with the lower half of their bodies blown off, unable to have kids. I call bullsh!t.
I know 2 , I know several others that cannot have children for totally different reasons.

I am sure they would all enjoy a trip to Ki Mares place to have him explain to them why their marriages are less than other peoples marriages.

As the chief liar on this form, I donít think anyone notices when you call bullsh!t

I donít need to lie, I know I am right.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I know several same sex couples that call each other husband and wife.

But that is beside the point, you are wrong, same sex marriage is legal and recognized whether you like it or not
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>I have one, I am at work right now. Bet you wish you had a job.
Bet I don't. Bet you're not gonna tell us what it is. Bet it's dumb.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I know 2 , I know several others that cannot have children for totally different reasons.
I am sure they would all enjoy a trip to Ki Mares place to have him explain to them why their marriages are less than other peoples marriages.
As the chief liar on this form, I donít think anyone notices when you call bullsh!t
I donít need to lie, I know I am right.
Now it's only two, not an army. Priceless.

I still call bullsh!t. You don't know two veterans who got the lower half of their bodies blown off so that they are impotent. What a liar.

You might know OF two. Big deal. Still in very poor taste and very disrespectful of you to keep harping on them. Use some other example for chrissakes coward.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Jizzy is stealing the boss's time and computer to cruise the gay threads. What a low life. GET TO WORK MOOCHER.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I know several same sex couples that call each other husband and wife.
But that is beside the point, you are wrong, same sex marriage is legal and recognized whether you like it or not
Here we go again. I call bullsh!t.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Argue with Kimare about it, not me. I can't and don't speak for him.
Stop disrespecting veterans you coward. How dare you.
Exactly how am I disrespecting veterans? Seriously... What have I said that has been disrespectful?

Are you upset that I don't buy into the "God Bless America" crap that so many do?

I don't think that God blesses America any more than He blesses any other country.

I think our country has probably killed more people in the past century than any other country on the planet. Maybe Hitler's Nazis killed more, but I'd have to do a ton of research just to see. But in the end, it doesn't really matter, because we've got millions of gallons of blood on our hands.

In Iraq and Afghanistan we rained bombs down on houses made of mud--blowing away men, women, and children. And then we say "oops--collateral damage". We threw two nuclear bombs at Japan--killing and maiming hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

I don't agree with these policies. I don't support the industrial military complex.

I would die before I took a life or joined the armed forces.

But that's just me. I'm entitled to my opinion. Sorry if you find that insulting.

You seem to be able to dish out insults, but you fall to pieces if someone does the same to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 178,821 - 178,840 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Palo Alto Forum right now

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr Sparky A2 7,833
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 14 hr Ronald 2,251
Report: Retaliation by supervisors common at VA Mon Viet Nam Vet 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
San Lorenzo man pleads not guilty to beating (Apr '09) Jul 18 annonymous 46
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search