Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,912)

Showing posts 178,221 - 178,240 of199,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Can you imagine if heterosexual marriages were called before the courts and scrutinized the way same-sex marriages have been?
Can you imagine a group of couples who have had abortions, extramarital affairs, multiple divorces, dead-beat dads, etc. having to try to argue why it is that heterosexuals should have the right to marry?
The state could show statistics about how unstable heterosexual marriages have become over the past few decades. They could ask courts to either eliminate states supported heterosexual marriages or they could argue for severe restrictions on heterosexual marriages; making potential couples go through a series of medical and psychiatric tests, just to make sure that couples are truly worthy of marriage.
That's what gays have had to do. We have been scrutinized and had our personal lives investigated at every step of the way in the fight to obtain the right to marry.
And while many straight couples would qualify for marriage after being thoroughly tested; many would not qualify. They would be banned from marriage.
I'm just trying to point out the ridiculousness of the arguments that Kim keeps making, especially the argument that only couples who have the ability or potential to procreate should be allowed to marry.
If he and others are going to so narrowly define marriage for gays, then they need to narrowly define it for themselves. They need to put structures in place that would reduce domestic violence, abortion, child abuse/neglect, parental abandonment, divorce, adultery, etc. BEFORE a heterosexual couple could marry.
What's good for the chimera goose is good for the devastatingly gorgeous gander.
There's nothing wrong with KiMares arguments. The right to marry belongs with the normal people. Not with the SSSB crowd. You couldn't possibly have realized how weak this post is, else, you'd not have posted it.
And, I'm still laughing about the "prolapsed rectu....." I mean, really.. That was rich.
It's not called a "prolapsed rectum", it's called a "blow-out". It is clear, incontrovertible, fundamental, undeniable proof that what you hohos engage in is unnatural, and not meant to be performed. Even oral sex is more natural. When was the last time that you gave someone a "prolapsed esophagus"?
I mean, come on now, are you pulling my le...Are you giving me a "prolapsed leg"? Seriously...? "Prolapse" the other leg, it's the one with the bell on it... Did you "prolapse" that one out of your a$$?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dear, you missed my point...
If heterosexual marriages were scrutinized to the same degree that homosexual marriages have been, then many heterosexual marriages simply would not meet the "standard" that so many of the people in here say must be met in order to qualify for marriage.
Do you se what I'm saying?
Yeah. You're saying that "prolapsing" your buddy is to be allowed, because of some failures on our side.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Major announcement from the Vatican...
"Pope Francis reached out to gays, saying he won't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference Monday as he returned from his first foreign trip.
'If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?' Francis asked.'We shouldn't marginalize people for this. They must be integrated into society'."
----------
WOW!
Is he corrupting religion further, in order to sanction the gay ones, the pedophiliac ones, or is he even making a distinction?
I'll bet that he's trying to "prolapse" people into the church...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Cute joke I read today...
12 priests were about to be ordained. The final test was for them to line up in a straight row, totally nude in a garden while a sexy and beautiful, big-breasted, nude model danced before them.
Each priest had a small bell attached to his penis and they were told that anyone whose bell rang when she danced in front of them would not be ordained because he had not reached a state of spiritual purity.
The beautiful model danced before the first candidate, with no reaction.
She proceeded down the line with the same response from all the priests until she got to the final priest, Carlos.
As she danced, his bell began to ring so loudly that it flew off and fell clattering to the ground. Embarrassed, Carlos took a few steps forward, and bent over to pick it up.
Then, all the other bells started to ring, and all hell broke loose....
That's a good joke. I like that one!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, maybe the mockery will continue. You know, I say to Kim and Rock that we'll make better marriages simply to annoy them.
They take such great delight in telling us that our marriages don't count.
It annoys me that they do this, so I feel that turn-about is fair play.
Nevertheless, I will stand by my comment that heterosexual marriages could not stand the level of study and scrutiny that has been heaped on same-sex marriages for the past several years.
If people looked at heterosexual marriage the way they've judged and picked apart gay relationships, there's not a doubt in my mind that they couldn't pass muster.
Seriously... If they're going to look at every single aspect of same-sex marriage and demand that we aren't fit, then their marriages should be just as closely inspected.
So, if they're going to continue to insist that only certain people should be allowed to marry, then I'm going to suggest that probing investigations be done on couples who wish to marry. They should be evaluated for potential adultery problems, divorce likelihood, anger management issues (to stem any abuse problems), etc.
And only after they've passed these rigorous tests should they be issued a license to marry.
That way, people like Kimare Kardashian, could be certain that only the cream of the crop are allowed to marry.
We'd probably be a LOT better off....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
What's all this hoho talk of "filthy people"?
At least there's no foreign fecal matter mixed with Crisco on MY pee-pee.
*snicker*
...What a picture....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Tellit wrote:
Pope Francis has said gay people should not be marginalized but integrated into society, in some of the most conciliatory remarks by a pontiff on the issue of homosexuality and he's the Boss.
Actually, he's a servant. Many forget this.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
I cant wait until the SCOTUS overturns all the UNCONSTITUTIONAL same sex bans. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OF THIS TYRANNICAL RELIGOUS CONTROL.
They cannot....Pethky little Conthtitutional detailth...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie rolled to a bar, but wasn't able to enter because there were no ramps.
He hired an attorney to sue the bar's owner. They were able to reach an agreement where Frankie received a lump sum of $150,000.
Frankie spent part of his money on a "Coca-Cola red" top of the line "Jazzy" scooter with a reclining, gel cushioned seat.
His friends and family are hopeful that Frankie's new "Jazzy" will inspire him to get out of the house and away from his fookin computer; you know the one, where he makes 15 comments every half hour.
I'm so glad this story has a happy ending.
Yeah, at least he wasn't gonna get told to "get the hell out"...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If it doesn't annoy you, then why do you come here and argue?
You know what's really an oxymoron? A judgmental Christian pastor...
I smell a mood swing coming on...
Gone from telling jokes to this...
I'll bet that the local pawn shop has your next monitor ready...
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
They cannot....Pethky little Conthtitutional detailth...
Yes they can. BECAUSE OF THE CONSTITUTION.....Civil rights cant be stomped on by bigoted states...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dopey ad hominem.
The dopiest....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to even once accepted reality
Same sex couple are married, legally, and recognized on both the state and federal level.
Not in all states. Only in a minority. And let's all hope it stays that way...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The qualifications are simple. The parties must be of age, able to consent, not closely related by blood, not currently married, and of the opposite sex. You're operating from the position that personal same sex intimate sexual relationships are marriage, and are considered as such by a broad consensus. Thirty state bans say other wise.
Excellent post, sir.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
But coming, more every year... National recognition was a very big step.
More and more large companies are piling on, they no longer want offices in states where their employees marriages are not recognized.
The pressure is on in every direction
Politically now that a majority of voters favor same sex marriage, the speed will escalate
Not everyone wants to work for Chick a Fill
Big D lie #....Well, I've lost track. NOT "National recognition" at all. Recognized in a few. Your company playbook has you going off the deep end.
"More and more large companies are piling on" in spite of the fact that they have NO business engaing in politics and tiiping the scales through the manipulation of jobs and money. they are not in existence to control national policy.
"The pressure is on in every direction" from corporate entities that have no place doing so.
"a majority of voters favor same sex marriage" is a LIE! I have told you, you liar, that I can disporve what your little black book tells you to say. Why won't you answer my challenge? You know that you are lying and depending upon propagandist trollsites to further your lies. It is why you ignore my offer. Never once have you even addressed my offer. Even acknowledged it. We both know that you lie.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. You're saying that "prolapsing" your buddy is to be allowed, because of some failures on our side.
Who or what caused the prolapse of your mouth? Nothing but shit comes out of it! Please get yourself some mental help...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
1) So have I, around the world more than once and very well read
2) I am also devoted to live and marriage and family, unlike you I do not belittle other families and marriages that are different than my own.
3) I am willing to wager I have studied religions more extensively than you have, many different religions, not just the particular sect you belong to
4)I am not a man of faith, that has become a dirty word and nothing but an excuse for the kind of hatred and spite that you display here every day.
5) You obviously know nothing of marriage whatsoever, you have proven that repeatedly here.
6) Same sex marriages do indeed exist, and are recognized on the state and federal level regardless of your closing your eyes to the fact.
1) Not as much as you pretend.
2) Yes, you do. And religion, to boot.
3) Not as much as I have, I'll wager.
4) No, obviously. you have no faith, except in your corporation, and their total control of you.
5) you are making up so much stuff, I'm surprised that you will even post in here, at all.
6) They exist in a minority of states, much to the chagrin of the majority of the population.
I can't stand a liar or a thief. and, you are both. you lie when you post in here, and you even stole from your own kids.
You're an owned, propagandist tool.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I question the faith of any Christian that stands in judgment of others.
You don't have the right.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.
What can be expected from a tool? His company owns him, and he is afraid to go against the corporation.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So have I, around the world more than once and very well read
I am also devoted to live and marriage and family, unlike you I do not belittle other families and marriages that are different than my own.
I am willing to wager I have studied religions more extensively than you have, many different religions, not just the particular sect you belong to
I am not a man of faith, that has become a dirty word and nothing but an excuse for the kind of hatred and spite that you display here every day.
You obviously know nothing of marriage whatsoever, you have proven that repeatedly here.
Same sex marriages do indeed exist, and are recognized on the state and federal level regardless of your closing your eyes to the fact.
And, all you are is a parrot. Trained to make noise. That's all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 178,221 - 178,240 of199,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Palo Alto Forum right now

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Bag itts 4,553
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu Activity 15,657
Massive Octopus kite at Shoreline (Jun '08) Thu Charlie 5
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Tue Matthew Perri 27
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Naked Teenage Man Arrested For Bizarre Crime Sp... Apr 11 justaguess 18
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••