Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205683 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a point in time when slavery was legal in the vast majority of the U.S.
Since there were so many places where slavery was legal, does that make slavery ethical?
"Might" seldom makes "right". Just because a majority believes that an activity is right or wrong, does not mean they are correct.
SS couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.

A mating behavior defect.

Clearly not the same.

The real question is, why don't homosexuals have the self acceptance to establish their own relational identity and legitimate rights?

Location hidden

#205684 Jul 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe same sex marriage does not exist, why have you made over 14,000 posts on the topic? Sounds like a mental disorder to me.
Because I think denial and lies are harmful to a person, family and society at large.

You think that concern is a mental disorder.

You might seriously consider another person in this discussion for that diagnosis...

Location hidden

#205685 Jul 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
They will be. Sorry you don't like that.
I'm looking at the minor list right now.

I still don't see ss couples being married. Even children can see the difference!

When a nation re-elects Obama, I'm not surprised there is such idiotic denial...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205686 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm looking at the minor list right now.
I still don't see ss couples being married. Even children can see the difference!
When a nation re-elects Obama, I'm not surprised there is such idiotic denial...
It is a fact whether you see it or not

Location hidden

#205687 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Are you ready for this? His interests include:
--Parliamentarian
--Egalitarian
--Gender authority
--Biblical truth
What planet does he live on? Egalitarian? Gender authority?
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen an exampled of delusional thought processes in my career. If he really believes that he "is" all of these things, then based on my nearly 3 years of dealing with him, I would have to say that he is an ill man.
Here we go again, joining gay trolls.

You are consistent VV.

You were saying something about 'ill men'???
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205688 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D lie #....Well, I've lost track. NOT "National recognition" at all. Recognized in a few. Your company playbook has you going off the deep end.
"More and more large companies are piling on" in spite of the fact that they have NO business engaing in politics and tiiping the scales through the manipulation of jobs and money. they are not in existence to control national policy.
"The pressure is on in every direction" from corporate entities that have no place doing so.
"a majority of voters favor same sex marriage" is a LIE! I have told you, you liar, that I can disporve what your little black book tells you to say. Why won't you answer my challenge? You know that you are lying and depending upon propagandist trollsites to further your lies. It is why you ignore my offer. Never once have you even addressed my offer. Even acknowledged it. We both know that you lie.
learn to read, I didn't say national recognition liar

I said federal recognition, which they have, every legally preformed same sex marriage is recognized legally on the federal level.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205689 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I think denial and lies are harmful to a person, family and society at large.
You think that concern is a mental disorder.
You might seriously consider another person in this discussion for that diagnosis...
Like your denial of the fact that same sex marriage is legal, happens every day, and recognized on both the state and federal level?

Location hidden

#205690 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact whether you see it or not
Its a piece of paper.

Everyone knows reality smashes paper.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#205691 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your denial of the fact that same sex marriage is legal, happens every day, and recognized on both the state and federal level?
I don't give a rip about an idiotic ruling.

I'm simply saying ss couples and marriage are not the same.

You have no counter for the distinctions I list, except to say that a court ruled against reality.

Okayyyy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205692 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about what the "founders" thought. I'm talking about a nearly 200 year period of time (from the colonists until the Emancipation Proclamation) when the majority of this country had legalized slavery.
Still....what is the point? Yes the country had legal slavery. Slavery wasn't new, it existed throughout human history in a various cultures.
I'm saying that the inhabitants of those states that continue to have DOMA laws written into the constitution are wrong. Don't think I can be any clearer.
You could've of stated that to begin with, although I think using slavery in regards to this issue is ridiculous.

Those various state DOMA law simply constitutionally defined a relationship that predates the existence of the Republic, long before "gay" and "lesbian" became political sexual identity labels.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205693 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no counter for the distinctions I list, except to say that a court ruled against reality.
Okayyyy.
Yes you do, same sex couples re indeed married, whether you like it or not, whether you "see" it or not, whether you accept it or not.

The reality is they are married, a reality you cannot accept, so you deny reality.:)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205694 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a piece of paper.
Everyone knows reality smashes paper.
Smirk.
so your marriage is nothing but a piece of paper, because without your piece of paper, you are not married either
Huh

Faribault, MN

#205695 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, they are. AND, they are defined. Freedom has its limits, in sensibility and laws, and equality only goes so far. Unless, you see no difference between men and women?
And same sex being legal hurts no one and causes no pain to any party....

Laws and bans and rules are made to protect people and to keep from anyone or anything being harmed...WHAT HARM WOULD OR DOES SAME SEX MARRIAGE CAUSE RO WOULD CAUSE.

this bs should be funny.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#205696 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, it almost sounds like you're saying that they can circumvent the Constitution. Defy it, if they find it to be inconvenient.
No they cant go around the Constitution and cant defy it....THAT IS WHAT THE STATE BANS ARE DOING....WHY SCOTUS NEEDS TO GET RID OF THEM THEY DEFY THE CONSTITUTION.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205697 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Okayyyy.
Or are you commenting that your saying they are not really married carries exactly the same weight and validity as if I said that Christian marriages are not actually married.

Zero

My counter is reality, I have already destroyed every procreation argument you brought up, dashed all religious references to dust, and the law stands firmly behind what I am saying. Your arguments are not only countered, they are totally destroyed.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#205698 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Being homosexual and immorality are two distinct things.
Yes. One is a person, the other is a conceptual state of being. Only an idiot would try and compare them. Oh, that's right, you are an idiot.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the Pope distinguishes between them.
You're sure of a lot of things that have no basis in fact. We'll add this to the list. Thank you for sharing your psychic abilities.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I also doubt he would okay calling ss couples married.
He's from Argentina, where gays have been able to marry for years. I'm sure he's quite used to it.

Location hidden

#205699 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't argue, I simply point out reality.
No, you point out what you wish reality was.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
No, you're just a bitter jackass.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk (just like Bruce Willis).
I kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.
And a bit of a nutcast.

Location hidden

#205700 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
You've seen my responses
Yes, we have. Funniest nonsense this side of Brian_G. You're like the apprentice in waiting to be the next Village Idiot.

Location hidden

#205701 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been around the world and seen numerous cultures.
I love history and am well read.
I have devoted my life to marriage and family.
I have studied religions and am a man of faith.
I have studied mating behavior, sexuality and marriage.
I know marriage.
A ss couple in no way equates to marriage.
What you know about mating behavior, sexuality and marriage could fit on the back of a matchbook. If you have "studied" these things, then the school where you studied them should lose their accreditation (Not that only one actually believes you really!! But we just play along with your fantasy world!!). That's been made evident by your poorly crafted and completely unsupported posts. Posts you are completely unable to support with any peer reviewed research. Posts that manufactured talking points and contain statements such as "doctors have declared this practice demeaning"!!!

You're a bitter old jackass. Nothing more. Go peddle your imaginary "studies and knowledge" to the sheeple. No one is buying your bullshyt here c*nt!
Dullards

Monrovia, CA

#205704 Jul 30, 2013
Keep posting dull comments so we can all get a good laugh off them.

It's finish and all over with, time to get on and move on with life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Surenos gang member gets new trial date (Aug '08) 11 hr keleni 283
Mountain View Music Thread 14 hr Musikologist 1
knickers Sat SarahSarahsarah 3
knickers Fri SarahSarahsarah 1
You can win an awesome new GenZe Electric Scoot... (Sep '14) May 1 dfd 2
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Apr 27 Prosperity1 116
News Council approves tentative minimum-wage plan Apr 26 Hmm 2
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE