Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,148

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205122 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember my history well, and I do,
interracial marriages have existed in every culture in human history.
Ss couples being married? Incredibly rare and marginal instances that were often an aberration in the society.
As to the condition of marriage now? You can thank government for the last time they redefined marriage.
Those formal and informal bans on homosexual relationships were clearly established on religious, non-scientific beliefs and understandings about gays and lesbians.

Historical mistreatment of a minority group CANNOT be the basis for continued mistreatment; especially in light of the fact that (now pay particular attention to this) GAYS AND LESBIANS ARE NOT NOW CONISDERED TO BE DISORDERED OR UNNATURAL.

We have collectively learned that the way we viewed homosexuality throughout a great deal of history WAS WRONG!

Other radical shifts in scientific belief include:
--The discovery and acceptance that the world is not flat.
--The discovery and acceptance that the earth is not the center of the universe.
--The discovery and acceptance that illnesses are not related to an invasion of evil spirits or demonic possession.
--The discovery and acceptance that there are core elements that make up the world we live in.
--The discovery of the atom.
--The discovery and acceptance of working within a sterile medical setting to reduce the number of deaths from infections.

I could go on and on, but hopefully, you see my point.

The discovery and acceptance of homosexuality being a natural and normal orientation has been a game-changer in the way that society will forever look at gays and lesbians.

Short of some kind of worldwide, cataclysmic event that destroys all knowledge, we are not going to revisit the issue of homosexuality as being a disorder ever again.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205123 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
...Marriage will strengthen same-sex couple's relationships. And that can only be good for us and the community.
Same goes for polygamy. Marriage is good for society. All marriage, even ones you don't like.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205125 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord, you must have misread what I wrote. I have never claimed that we invented marriage. We just intend on doing a better job at it.
How? By rejecting half the marital relationship, the wife or the husband?

[QUOTE[
Like I said, so many of the same-gender couples who are currently getting married have already been together for years.
[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the trend.
And same-gender couples who adopt children REALLY want them. You should see the hoops they have to jump through in order to qualify. You tend to appreciate things that you have been denied.
So opposite sex couples who adopt don't REALLY want the children they adopt?
You guys have just gotten sloppy is all. But we'll be happy to let you to follow our lead from now on.
Lead to do what? Husbands reject their wives, and vice versa?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205126 Jul 27, 2013
Mikey the Stain wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go watch your Penthouse movie again laughing boy, as much as you wanted to see it, Male on male sex wasn't depicted in it. AGAIN READ!..Learn some real history! Moron.
As always, you're a clueless imbecile unable to read between the lines.

But I don't expect you or any other intestinal groupie to have the basic intelligence of a toddler.

Knoxville, TN

#205127 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Vv, claiming identity with other members of society is simply wishful thinking if you are not honest about your distinctions.
The military is in the middle of problems because they deny gender and orientation distinctions. You demand the denial of orientation distinctions in marriage.
Dishonesty and denial creates a wicked bitch slap from reality...
When it comes to denial's wicked bitch slap, you could write a book. You always seem to be right in the middle of it.

Here are the facts...

-- About 14,000 men have reported some kind of male/male unwanted harassment in the U.S. Armed forces. There are some 1.2 million men serving in the U.S. military. This means that just a tad over 1% of the men serving in the military have experienced unwanted male/male harassment.

--There are about 200,000 women serving in the military. Of that number, 12,000 have reported unwanted male/female harassment. That's a full 6% of women who have experienced harassment.

--Based on the figures above, we can pretty much determine that (a) unwanted harassment is a minor problem; especially involving male/male and (b) some men can be real dogs.

--Keep in mind that not all male/male harassment complaints come from heterosexual soldiers. Some of them obviously come from homosexual soldiers who believe they are being sexually harassed by a bunch of homophobic, mouth breathing, knuckle draggers.

----------

With only 1% male/male sexual harassment charges (some of them being from gay men), there is no major problem.

I'm guessing that the Department of Defense is working to reduce those numbers to as close to zero as possible.

But for some reason, sex and war has gone together for eons. I guess there's something about throwing a bunch of men and women together in highly stressful situations that bring out the worst in them. Not knowing whether you're going to be alive from one day to the next tends to make people rowdy. Politeness goes out the door.

If our country is going insist on going to war, as it has done for the majority of the past century, it's just going to have to learn to live with the fact that their warriors are not angels.

And finally, did you honestly think you could get away with comparing war and marriage? That's like comparing bicycles to bumble bees. They have no connection whatsoever.

Consider your denial bitch slapped...

Knoxville, TN

#205128 Jul 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How? By rejecting half the marital relationship, the wife or the husband?
<quoted text>
That seems to be the trend.
<quoted text>
So opposite sex couples who adopt don't REALLY want the children they adopt?
<quoted text>
Lead to do what? Husbands reject their wives, and vice versa?
I was comparing same-gender couples who want and seek to adopt children to those heterosexual couples who abort their fetuses, abuse their children, neglect them, and create chaotic and broken homes.

I'm just saying that since gays don't go around making babies that seem to be inconveniences for some straight couples, we're more likely to be better parents.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205129 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I was comparing same-gender couples who want and seek to adopt children to those heterosexual couples who abort their fetuses, abuse their children, neglect them, and create chaotic and broken homes.
I'm just saying that since gays don't go around making babies that seem to be inconveniences for some straight couples, we're more likely to be better parents.
Most bigoted post of the day so far. Congratulations! Nice!

Gay parents GOOD!

Straight parents VERY BAD! They abort. Abuse. Neglect. Create chaos and broken homes.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205130 Jul 27, 2013
The horrific stupidity of the sphincter cruisers...

Rosie O' Stain: Christians are racist, sexist, homophobic, gun-toting, bigoted religious fanatics.

Rational Person: But you support Muslims who are racist, sexist, homophobic, gun-toting, bigoted religious fanatics.

Rosie O' Stain: That's their culture, you have no right to judge them.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#205131 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to denial's wicked bitch slap, you could write a book. You always seem to be right in the middle of it.
Here are the facts...

Consider your denial bitch slapped...
Facts confuse Kimare. Facts are irrelevant to Kimare. It's too hard to troll if you admit that facts define "reality".
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205132 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are just a moron.
Smile
From an infant like you, your pompous and facile post is amusing...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205133 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain is literally "unintelligent" if you think your posts make any sense.
His intelligence is light years away from yours... You are as an ameoba compared to KiMare...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205134 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Call yourself Frankie and act like a troll - TROLL!
....You don't even rate a mention. How sad for you...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205135 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently I have struck a nerve? Umadbro? LOL, what a trollette.
Apparently, you think that any response means that you are omnipotent. Funny and a little sad. You've struck no nerves, but feel free to make believe, sonnie....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205136 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a troll who acts like a 12 year old. I hope that answers your question. Smile.
My question wasn't about you giving a self-appraisal. As I've told you, you're an infant. Find your own schtick, you dweeb.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205137 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So after your little speech about freedom of speech, you tell another poster to "clam up"? What a hypocrite. Typical troll behavior.
Nothing hypocritical about telling a poster to clam up with his "1st Amendment suppression" bullshit. You would know that, if you were a bit more grown-up.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205138 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You do exactly the same thing. Why are YOU here?
I must have missed your answer?
TinyRocks Hudsony

Burlington, WI

#205139 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
....You don't even rate a mention. How sad for you...
And yet, you mentioned him. It's funny 'cuz it's true.

FYI, in your next post you mis-spelled sonny.

You're welcome, troll-wad.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205140 Jul 27, 2013
-SNAFU- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well friend,apparently it is you who is the simpleton on this thread. I suppose you don't realize what the Supreme court did when they failed to give the prop 8 proponents standing when they threw it back to California and exactly what that meant? What it meant was they knew exactly that Prop 8 would be once and for all declared unconstitutional and marriage equality would then be the law of the state in California forever more! So yes,who is the simpleton here? That again would be you my friend! Perhaps you shouldn't be hitting the sauce this early in the afternoon.Wait until the sun sets ok? You won't seem like such a complete azz next time.
They gave it back to California, and settled nothing. You sure did make a lot of noise about how the issue was settled once and for all, when it wasn't settled. Prop 8 may have been deemed unconstitutional, but that was all that SCOTUS did. If you think that the issue is settled "once and for all", guess again, Abner...
TinyRocks Hudsony

Burlington, WI

#205141 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>My question wasn't about you giving a self-appraisal. As I've told you, you're an infant. Find your own schtick, you dweeb.
Yes, because you're the arbitrator of all things inane.

Go find your own micro-stick, dweeb.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205142 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame.
Frank just told you how it is. Cry all you want to, junior, cry....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US stocks start lower 18 hr Anthony V 104
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 18 hr Anthony V 27
annoying helicopter flying near fremont st and ... (Sep '08) Dec 15 Zombie Corpse Rental 14
pune india Dec 13 sudhir1984 2
For Google's self-driving cars, learning to dea... Dec 12 Truth 6
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Dec 12 Dom Boyd 18
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance