Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,999

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205060 Jul 26, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text> Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus
That's highly original. Bravo, for your splendid acheivement.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205061 Jul 26, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk WhWhat a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerkat a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk WhWhat a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerkat a dopey jerk
What an infant you are.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205062 Jul 26, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Hush now, child. Why ask why? Go hug your teddy bear.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205063 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying there will not be people like you
Folks that call black folks N.....
Folks that refer to Asians as Gooks
etc
There will always be people like you, but you will never define them in the eyes of Americans
Tell me, D, how does the true American view endoplasmic reticulum, and what conclusions am I allowed to draw from your pontification?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205064 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Meltdown Man, you claim to be religious, any issue with this post? Wanna police your fellows? Ask them for some respect? I'll not hold my breath...
Did you just ask me to police my fellows and ask them to be respectful?

Seems like I just read a post by you, aimed at me that went something like "Hammer that f*cker, until it fits, never mind all the grunting and splinters...."

Why don't you start by policing yourself and maybe the rest of the room will follow your lead.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205065 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
etc
There will always be people like you, but you will never define them in the eyes of Americans
Dear God. Not another one of your "I won't stand for it!" rants, please, for the love of all that's holy...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205066 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
etc
Remember when I said that I had a lot of respect for you?
WHOOPS! Blown it...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205067 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, giggles... You don't get it. YOUR marriage doesn't live up to our standards. See, if you look at all of the time, effort, and money we've spent on getting the rights and protections that you take for granted, then you'll clearly see that you fall short of how we define marriage.
I think if YOU take a good look at your OWN inadequate marriage, maybe you'll see that the LGBT community has brought back a little bit of class and respect to the institution.
Our type of marriage is THE benchmark, fool...Emulate us, if you can...
Stormy

Monrovia, CA

#205068 Jul 26, 2013
Stormy days and stormy nights.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205069 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, giggles... You don't get it. YOUR marriage doesn't live up to our standards. See, if you look at all of the time, effort, and money we've spent on getting the rights and protections that you take for granted, then you'll clearly see that you fall short of how we define marriage.
I think if YOU take a good look at your OWN inadequate marriage, maybe you'll see that the LGBT community has brought back a little bit of class and respect to the institution.
I knew it would just be a matter of time before you claimed that you invented the institution. A little closer now, right? Soon, it'll be about how you've always tolerated us being around, right?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205070 Jul 26, 2013
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Im justhefacts because Im a researcher and numbers guy. Try this one out how Lib women’s movement in the 60s effect today’s T.V. adds.
Spend a night paper and penceil. Look at every add when they make the Non Hispanic male look stupid and the females look smart.
Also look when a Female looks stupid the male is also included.
The look at the how the Blacks look smart and the whites are made too look stupid. You will NOT see ONE add where they make the Blacks male look stupid alone if there’s a white male in it not looking stupid.
Hears the kicker. We have a Mulatto President.
Blacks are 13% of U.S. pop
Hispanics is 15% of the U.S. pop.
BUT almost every add has a blacks in it but NO Hispanics. So much for DEMS Equality B/S Dems purposely emit the Hispanic in T.V. adds because dems trying to push Amnesty and doesent want the common man to think about this
Add breakdown
Blacks 99%
Whites 99%
Hispanics ZIP on the east coast.
Amen!!! It's been the trend for a while now. And, Mulatto is how the negroes are able to claim that we've STILL not had a black prez. Even bill Cosby has rejected Obammy's "negro-ness"...
It's been a war on Whitey for some time, now. Remember the underwear commercial with Michael Jordan and the fool that looks like he's sliding up and down on MJ's schwanz, while he's chanting "I can take you, I can take you"? Score one for the gays, and one for the blacks. A real two-fer, in my opinion...
Hooked another Republican

Monrovia, CA

#205071 Jul 26, 2013
Bang the drum and watch another cooked republican/tea party member fall.

Ethics Allegations surrounding Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann and her brief presidential campaign are getting further examination from the House Ethics Committee.
well

Round Lake, IL

#205072 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!! It's been the trend for a while now. And, Mulatto is how the negroes are able to claim that we've STILL not had a black prez. Even bill Cosby has rejected Obammy's "negro-ness"...
It's been a war on Whitey for some time, now. Remember the underwear commercial with Michael Jordan and the fool that looks like he's sliding up and down on MJ's schwanz, while he's chanting "I can take you, I can take you"? Score one for the gays, and one for the blacks. A real two-fer, in my opinion...
WTF are you on? Try rehab...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205073 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just ask me to police my fellows and ask them to be respectful?
Seems like I just read a post by you, aimed at me that went something like "Hammer that f*cker, until it fits, never mind all the grunting and splinters...."
Why don't you start by policing yourself and maybe the rest of the room will follow your lead.
Highly unlikely.

I police the likes of Bruno. You should police the likes of Jonah1.

But you won't. Anything they say is OK with you because of your partisanship.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205074 Jul 26, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you on? Try rehab...
Didn't work for you.

Long Beach, CA

#205075 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all of your posts. We allow you to continue posting, though...
You do not "allow" anything. You have no power over who can or cannot post on Topix.6089

Long Beach, CA

#205076 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, we're not even in the same chapter. I do not hate gays, I just argue my side with logic. You should be so lucky. One minute, you claim to be "250 lbs of mean and angry f***ot", the next you claim to be a pacifist, and on meds. A bipolar, medicated social worker. That's merely the preface.
Pietro is stating the facts, as they were, before the lawyers got involved, and changed the Constitutio into a Libertine License.
Frank has worked all of his life, and served honorably and has every right to post in his retirement years.
KiMare is arguing sensible facts, with a religious view, and having his personal info given out, a blatant assault on his privacy, by a poster that will not give out his name, or even a picture.
Laughing Man is no different than Chongo, except that LM has not told anyone to give their kids "pearl necklaces", a transgression that shoud have drawn protest from your side, as a foul shot.
Furthermore, when my side has produced idiots, we(my side) has attacked them, with gusto. IE: little brain, gustavo, bruno, etc. Something about policing our side. A phenomenon that has not been replicated by your side. Your side has crossed more decency lines than mine, and all have applauded each other. Another of your claims to not read "greybox" posts, while responding to same. Another of your posters promotes prostitution and drug addiction. Yet another cackles insanely. Another still denies any sort of higher power. I could go on, but is it really necessary? NOW, my good ......man (?) Are we on the same page yet?
Only fools use their real names when posting things on the internet. Fools like Gregory Dale Kirschmann, aka "KiMare".

Knoxville, TN

#205077 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Our type of marriage is THE benchmark, fool...Emulate us, if you can...
The benchmark, huh... Interesting...

1.)$72,000,000,000 spent on weddings in this country each year. Average cost of a wedding today is $20,000. What a spectacle.

2.)$175,000,000,000 spent on divorce litigation in this country each year. Divorce costs an estimated $30,000,000,000 to tax payers each year.

3.) 40,000,000 abortions each year world wide. In just over 7 years, you straight people put to death about 300,000,000 babies. That's equal to the population of America.

4.) There are approximately 24,000,000 kids in America without a father figure.

----------

Wouldn't you agree that those are some pretty staggering numbers?

I'd say your collective values on marriage and family pretty much suck.

So, when you offer yourself up as "the benchmark", I say "No thanks..."

Knoxville, TN

#205078 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Our marriages follow the norm, as decided by the society in which we live. Our marriages never required a fight against society, common sense, politicically-skewed courts and popular opinion to be recognized. Ours are natural. Balanced. Everything that they should be. Being with the person we love is not what we are debating. Our marriages will never count as much as yours? LOL You are now enacting another of my predictions, namely, that of becoming the "new mainstream ones". Revisionists nonsense. We are now being subjugated, relegated to 2nd class status? ROFLMAO. We are obeying the strictures set for us. Money is meant to be spent, as we see fit, no matter what our orientation. We have the market cornered on baby statistics, because we are the "breeders", remember? Tal about that when you guys have caught up, will ya? Not so easy to turn things when we keep our eyes on the rational, and refuse to fall for the hypnosis act.
If I remember my history well, and I do, I believe you'll find that interracial couples had to fight for the right to marry. That ban was overturned in 1967 by way of judicial intervention.

As far as your marriage being balanced--hardly. Divorce, domestic violence, child abuse, abortion, parental abandonment... Those things are on YOU.

See, you like to paint the LGBT community with a pretty broad brush, but then freak out if we do the same to you.

I think it's precious when you've bought into your own bullshit rhetoric.

You guys need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. It ain't pretty.

Knoxville, TN

#205079 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it would just be a matter of time before you claimed that you invented the institution. A little closer now, right? Soon, it'll be about how you've always tolerated us being around, right?
Oh Lord, you must have misread what I wrote. I have never claimed that we invented marriage. We just intend on doing a better job at it.

Like I said, so many of the same-gender couples who are currently getting married have already been together for years. And same-gender couples who adopt children REALLY want them. You should see the hoops they have to jump through in order to qualify. You tend to appreciate things that you have been denied.

You guys have just gotten sloppy is all. But we'll be happy to let you to follow our lead from now on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US stocks start lower 2 hr Dajokerman 50
Mead, the honey-based brew producing a real buzz 15 hr Hwy 17 South Bill... 5
Teen Shooting Trial Delayed (Aug '13) Mon Another reader 13
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Flaggstaff 5,083
Topix is Against the First Amendment Mon Brother O 12
Complaints Against Google+ Mon Heres Johnny 90
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE