Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#204932 Jul 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
BS..Polygamy is Pure greed..and not worthy of ANY respect.
Who the f are you to decide another persons reasons or beliefs. Who sold you on believing you can make choices for others? fool That's exactly what you're already whining about.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#204934 Jul 26, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
most FETISHES have a poor track record
Not mine> Ooooohhhh Aaaahhhh!!!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#204940 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how ironic it is for you to make that argument while we are talking about no fault divorce???
The whole basis of no fault was that no unhappy couple should stay together for the sake of the kids. The claim was, it would be better for everyone to divorce. So divorce they do.
Marriage isn't holding couples together, and you claim kids have no part either.
You are up st/t creek without a paddle...
Back when 'marriage' had meaning, it was the man (well NOW I have to distinguish my wording,,,uh,the husband,,,uh, the male,,,uh, oh heck you figure it out,) the real man in a man woman real marriage, was the bread winner. The woman was usually the real mother and stayed at home and raised the children. If the couple decided to get a seperation, it was usually decided that the woman (no more definitions from me) usually did not have a means of support for the children so 'child support' was awarded to her to be paid by the husband/man. Since she usually was not qualified to go to work as having spent most years at home raising children 'spousal support' was at times awarded. Lots of marriages were held together simply for the sake of the childrens welfare and the hardships of splitting property/earnings etc. Once the children became self sufficient, then who gives a flying 'f'. ANY GOOD parent will care more for their childs welfare that for their own. With a test tube child no one can actually claim it as theirs. With two boys, two girls, ssm, bfgdg whatever marriage, NONE of that will apply. I can hardly wait for the first ssm union to go bust and see some serious whining about equality.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#204941 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate Mormons, I married one, my wife has been a Mormon all her life, her family all belongs to the Mormon Church.. Why do you hate LGBT? Its clear that you don't support the strugle for equality among the LGBT community. You show that each and every day when you disrespect the marriage of the Gays and Lesbians who post here. Why Frank, why??
Obviously doesn't get it.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204942 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how ironic it is for you to make that argument while we are talking about no fault divorce???
The whole basis of no fault was that no unhappy couple should stay together for the sake of the kids. The claim was, it would be better for everyone to divorce. So divorce they do.
Marriage isn't holding couples together, and you claim kids have no part either.
You are up st/t creek without a paddle...
I've never claimed that kids do not hold marriages together. Where did you get that?

"A 2004 Stanford Business School study[26] compared outcomes in states that adopted no-fault divorce versus those that did not. It found:

--20% reduction in female suicide after 20 years, none for men
--33% reduction in domestic violence against women (after a rise in other states vs. a drop in no-fault states)
--Reduction in the domestic murder rate for women, none for men

Study authors argued that in part, men were encouraged to behave better because they knew it would be easy for their spouses to divorce and find another partner."
( https://gsbapps.stanford.edu/researchpapers/d... )

----------

The truth of the matter is that--at least according to "Wiki"--no fault divorce came about because court systems had gotten tired of couples coming in and perjuring themselves; lying about infidelity and cruelty, in order to obtain divorces.

The Stanford study shows that there was an additional impact that led to fewer instances of violence, especially toward women.

So, maybe no fault divorce wasn't just a convenient means of allowing unhappy couples to divorce without consequences as you suggest.
Big D

Los Angeles, CA

#204943 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read. You have tried but you have not convinced anyone that making it easier to divorce leads to less divorce.
Please provide evidence.
Easy there, queer bait. Find it yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204944 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate Mormons, I married one, my wife has been a Mormon all her life, her family all belongs to the Mormon Church.. Why do you hate LGBT? Its clear that you don't support the strugle for equality among the LGBT community. You show that each and every day when you disrespect the marriage of the Gays and Lesbians who post here. Why Frank, why??
Why would I lie. Why Jizzy why?

You confuse refusal to be PC with hate. Because you are stupid. And PC above all else.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204945 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could talk to Newt Gingrich about remaining faithful to one's wedding vows.
We can list sleazebags on both sides of this fence, what's the point?
Are you saying gay famous people are more moral than straight famous people? Is that what you're doing Bunky?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204946 Jul 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right?
I didn't read "go pound sand" in the SCOTUS decisions, could you refer me to a link?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204947 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read. You have tried but you have not convinced anyone that making it easier to divorce leads to less divorce.
Please provide evidence.
I never said it led to less divorce, find the post where I did.

You really need to learn to read, there are remedial English lessons you can take.

There are people that should not stay married, and those are the people that rely on the government to keep them together rather than work on their relationships.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204948 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy there, queer bait. Find it yourself.
Great argument.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204949 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument.
Look at the city it comes from before you assume anything, there are people pretending to be others around here.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204950 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could talk to Newt Gingrich about remaining faithful to one's wedding vows.
(Smiling) Point and counterpoint.....Jane you......awwww....you know the rest of that line.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204951 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it led to less divorce, find the post where I did.
You really need to learn to read, there are remedial English lessons you can take.
There are people that should not stay married, and those are the people that rely on the government to keep them together rather than work on their relationships.
Oy vey. You said people are more likely to work on their marriages with no fault divorce. Statistics say otherwise. But as usual facts be damned! Big D has proclaimed it! Evidence? No need. Everyone knows it.

Knoxville, TN

#204952 Jul 26, 2013
Prop 8 is Law wrote:
<quoted text>No, disrespect but you can not turn a political crap shoot into something stable. The gay activists do not care about harm, they only care about cause and effect. If they were pedophiles, many are, they would be doing the same thing.
They have used the APA to lie about homosexuality not being a choice and not being a mental condition and not being able to be cured.
They do not want all to know that the same mental psychosis that causes gays and some straight to be attracted to children causes gays to be attracted to the same sex.
Answer this, do you think that nicotine and alcohol are the problem, or is it addiction?
When a gay man is attracted to a 14-17 year old boy is he attracted to a child or to a young youth? Is it a boundary issue or a pedophile issue?
Second, when a child is abused and grows up to choose homosexuality, and this repeatedly happens, why do gay activists ignore and try to silence the medical profession which says that it is a primary causation factor for homosexuality?
If these issues are out there, they shall always remain. It is a hurdle that you all do not wish to climb.
Christ... There is so much wrong with this commentary. It's hard to know where to start.

1.) Psychologists, medical professionals, and scientists determine what should and should not be considered an illness based on two factors:(a) does the issue cause significant emotional or physical harm to the individual? and (b) does the issue impact the individual's ability to function in the greater community?
Homosexuality does neither of these things. There are millions of happy, functional, law abiding gay and lesbian people living around the world.
THIS is why homosexuality was removed from the list of disorders.

2.) The vast majority of pedophiles in this country have the following common characteristics: educated, Caucasian, married, male, and religious. So, I'm not sure where you get your information about many gays being pedophiles, but it's a myth. You have been corrected. Please don't allow this complete and utter lie escape your lips again.

3.) If a gay OR straight man OR woman acts to have sex with a minor, it is considered child abuse or pedophilia, determining on how the jurisdiction defines the crime.
A person's orientation or gender does not matter when it comes to enforcing the law.

4.) Please show me where any legitimate scientist, medical professional or psychiatric professional has shown a causative effect between childhood sexual abuse and the victim's choice to become gay.

5.) Please show me where any legitimate scientist, medical professional, or psychiatric professional has determined that people CHOOSE to become gay.
Keep in mind that gays and lesbians make up a very small minority of people around the world--anywhere from 4% to 6% depending on the figure. How on earth could such a small minority have the tremendous political pressure that you claim we possess? How could such a small number of people force scientists, physicians, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals to change their minds regarding homosexuality being a choice.

----------

Based on what you wrote, you are an uneducated person who doesn't allow the facts to stand in your way when you spout such ridiculousness.

I often say to people on this forum that it's better to do a minimum of research on the issue before you open your mouth and expose yourself to be totally wrong.

Obviously you have a computer. You could Google any one of the issues you brought up. You obviously can read. You can go to any library and do a small amount of research. You have NO excuse for being ignorant in this day and age.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204953 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the city it comes from before you assume anything, there are people pretending to be others around here.
Don't be so paranoid, I knew it wasn't you. Calm down. Not everything is about you.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#204954 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. Heterosexual failure and abuse is an excuse for homosexuals.
Do you think about what you write, or just barf it out???
Same could be said for you...
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204955 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I lie. Why Jizzy why?
You confuse refusal to be PC with hate. Because you are stupid. And PC above all else.
I accept Gays and lesbians as my equal, not because of political correctness, but because they to are human. I accept all people as my equal, not becuase of PC, but because its the right thing todo. You refuse to accept anyone other than your less than truthful cohorts. I see you as you are, a bitter person. And I can accept that, now do you like the way you are?

Knoxville, TN

#204956 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. Heterosexual failure and abuse is an excuse for homosexuals.
Do you think about what you write, or just barf it out???
Here again, you seem to think that homosexuals are looking at how heterosexuals live their married lives--trying to learn from you.

We're adults. We know what we want out of marriage.

Just because you guys screw up your marriages doesn't mean that we have any intention of doing the same.

God, the absolute arrogance you have! You honestly believe that gays look up to you--believing that you know better than us as to how to live our lives.

Look up heterosexist and heterosexism.

What a douche...
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204957 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ... There is so much wrong with this commentary. It's hard to know where to start.
1.) Psychologists, medical professionals, and scientists determine what should and should not be considered an illness based on two factors:(a) does the issue cause significant emotional or physical harm to the individual? and (b) does the issue impact the individual's ability to function in the greater community?
Homosexuality does neither of these things. There are millions of happy, functional, law abiding gay and lesbian people living around the world.
THIS is why homosexuality was removed from the list of disorders.
2.) The vast majority of pedophiles in this country have the following common characteristics: educated, Caucasian, married, male, and religious. So, I'm not sure where you get your information about many gays being pedophiles, but it's a myth. You have been corrected. Please don't allow this complete and utter lie escape your lips again.
3.) If a gay OR straight man OR woman acts to have sex with a minor, it is considered child abuse or pedophilia, determining on how the jurisdiction defines the crime.
A person's orientation or gender does not matter when it comes to enforcing the law.
4.) Please show me where any legitimate scientist, medical professional or psychiatric professional has shown a causative effect between childhood sexual abuse and the victim's choice to become gay.
5.) Please show me where any legitimate scientist, medical professional, or psychiatric professional has determined that people CHOOSE to become gay.
Keep in mind that gays and lesbians make up a very small minority of people around the world--anywhere from 4% to 6% depending on the figure. How on earth could such a small minority have the tremendous political pressure that you claim we possess? How could such a small number of people force scientists, physicians, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals to change their minds regarding homosexuality being a choice.
----------
Based on what you wrote, you are an uneducated person who doesn't allow the facts to stand in your way when you spout such ridiculousness.
I often say to people on this forum that it's better to do a minimum of research on the issue before you open your mouth and expose yourself to be totally wrong.
Obviously you have a computer. You could Google any one of the issues you brought up. You obviously can read. You can go to any library and do a small amount of research. You have NO excuse for being ignorant in this day and age.
Let me help, my Brother.
The poster that you replied to is none other than the Doctor, a well known bull shat artist. He has no facts, spine, or a damn clue. He is the perfect example of a wack job fundie. But I can accept him as a person, a poor example,but a person

If he posts back, he will not supply any links, as they do not exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for some girls in miami Tue Brazillover 1
Ron Obenchain Psycho Stalker!!! 55 years old Tue NeverAgain 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Tue Kay 128
Beam me up Scottie Oct 20 guest 12
Is this intergration or segregation Whatever ha... Oct 18 Love it or Leave it 1
Palo Alto Hosts 'Smart' City Partner From Austr... Oct 15 Sick of paying fo... 1
Musk's Tesla D Intrigue Stokes Rally in Mobiley... Oct 7 amineunited 2

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto Jobs

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]