Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
POOF

Cambridge, IL

#204675 Jul 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
SS couples can't equate, so lets just 'drop it'!
Why?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204676 Jul 25, 2013
If I understand things correctly, here's where we stand:

Pietro--believes that since same-sex couples are not able to consummate their marriage with reproductive sex, then their marriage is invalid. He also believes that polygamy and incest should be legalized since same-sex marriage is legal.

Frankie--believes that he must post every 2 to 5 minutes. He believes that gay marriage is OK, so long as polygamy and incest marriages are also legal.

Kimare--believes about two-dozen things when it comes to marriage. First he believes that same-sex couples are "redumbdant" because they are unable to have children. But he swears that he does not believe the reproductive capabilities or intentions of a couple should be taken into account when it comes to marriage.
He also believes that marriage is a "cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior"; but also agrees that there are reasons for marrying other than just to reproduce.
He believes that homosexuality is a disorder since no one has ever been able to determine the cause of it. But he accepts that gravity is natural, even though we don't know what causes it either.
He believes that all anal sex is harmful and demeaning, even though a good number of straight people engage in it. And I'm Assuming he also agrees with anal sex within the confines of marriage--so long as the couples are straight.
he believes he has a God-given right to judge others, but claims that he has never made a judgment about a person's relationship.

Laughing Man and Rock Hudsony are pretty much irrelevant. Laughing Man is a troll. And Rock just hates gays.

Are we all on the same page now?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204677 Jul 25, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Who?
Is on first, what's on second.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204678 Jul 25, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Who?
You, Jizzy. That's who.

What a dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204679 Jul 25, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Because you are a dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204681 Jul 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Frankie--bla bla bla... He believes that gay marriage is OK, so long as polygamy and incest marriages are also legal.
Very good! That's how I feel. Makes me worthy of scorn from you clowns though. The people of tolerance and diversity are neither.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#204682 Jul 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm not trying to understand a ss relationship.
2. I'm not trying to change anyone's personal description of their relationship.
3. I'm not judging anyone's personal relationships.
I simply and accurately noted the reality of a core distinction between ss couples and marriage.
That has NOTHING to do with your statements above.
NOTHING you said changes the reality of what I wrote.
I'm simply pointing out that the reunion of a man and woman in marriage connects humanity with the very roots of their existence and, at the same time, reaches into the future with the next generation.
A ss couple just cannot equate to that depth of diversity in a heterosexual couple united as one, in anyway, shape or form.
The past and future joined by a man and woman into the present embarrassingly exposes the absolute barrenness of a ss couple.
It really makes it shameful to even speak of equating the two relationships.
You need to address the points I made, and not change the subject. Perhaps you need to just admit that these points ARE a profound difference between ss couples and marriage.
Endless yammering about nonexistent things doesn't alter the fact that I'm still married, and you're baby mill marriage isn't given any special standing. Not a damn thing you can do about it!!

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204683 Jul 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Pietro--believes that since same-sex couples are not able to consummate their marriage with reproductive sex, then their marriage is invalid. He also believes that polygamy and incest should be legalized since same-sex marriage is legal.
Frankie--believes that he must post every 2 to 5 minutes. He believes that gay marriage is OK, so long as polygamy and incest marriages are also legal.
Kimare--believes about two-dozen things when it comes to marriage. First he believes that same-sex couples are "redumbdant" because they are unable to have children. But he swears that he does not believe the reproductive capabilities or intentions of a couple should be taken into account when it comes to marriage.
He also believes that marriage is a "cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior"; but also agrees that there are reasons for marrying other than just to reproduce.
He believes that homosexuality is a disorder since no one has ever been able to determine the cause of it. But he accepts that gravity is natural, even though we don't know what causes it either.
He believes that all anal sex is harmful and demeaning, even though a good number of straight people engage in it. And I'm Assuming he also agrees with anal sex within the confines of marriage--so long as the couples are straight.
he believes he has a God-given right to judge others, but claims that he has never made a judgment about a person's relationship.
Laughing Man and Rock Hudsony are pretty much irrelevant. Laughing Man is a troll. And Rock just hates gays.
We know what causes gravity you pointy head sociologist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amy

Fullerton, CA

#204684 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did, four times too, all by a woman "not in her right mind". Thanks for asking though.
Oh, the poor thing...

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#204685 Jul 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
I find it hilarious that homosexuals keep talking about no 'requirement' for procreation.
Especially when marriage needs protection NOT to procreate, and gays need protection to HAVE sex!
LOL
<quoted text>
1. Your partial quote is meaningless without context.
Mating behavior is at the root of the marriage constraint. That is a simple social science fact. Sexual attraction is rooted in mating behavior.
2. Nowhere have I ever said all gays need to have protection to have sex. I am saying that the identifying sexual practice of gays does require protection to be marginally safe.
3. Anal sex always needs protection, even within a faithful relationship. Natural sex within a marriage where neither the man or woman has ever had any other partners NEVER needs protection.
Wow. Not one accurate thing in your rant. What you actually know about sex, science and mating could be scribbled on a matchbook cover.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204686 Jul 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
You forgot Jizzy.
Amy

Fullerton, CA

#204687 Jul 25, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Loan him yours. Need to clean it first though.
Such intelligence from a little mind! How about I give it to you? You could stick it up your...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204688 Jul 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
SS couples can't equate, so lets just 'drop it'!
Are you willing to have the following marriages annulled:

--Marriages involving elderly couples who are incapable due to age or medical problems to engage in reproductive intercourse

--Marriages involving one or both members who have a mental impairment (depression, PTSD, anxiety/panic, etc.), keeping them from consummating for reproductive purposes.

--Marriages involving one or both members who have physical problems that impair them from engaging in intercourse for reproductive purposes. Examples would include war injuries, diabetes, various cancers, etc.

---------

By the way, annulment happens when a married person seeks to have their marriage ended. The government doesn't go on witch hunts looking for marriages to be annulled.

As with a couple's reproductive intentions, the government doesn't hand out marriage certificates based on a full physical and psychological examination indicating that both people seeking a license are capable of consummating their marriage.

Bottom line, it's just another distraction. None of your business what goes on in a legally married couple's bedroom. Just move along.

I know how hard that it is for you to keep yourselves out of other people's affairs, but try to.

With your fascination with anal sex and Pietro's fascination with reproductive consummation, you guys are beginning to creep the rest of us out.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204689 Jul 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
That about sums it up, although I would put Frankie in the troll category, I suspect Frankie would put Frankie in the troll category actually.

Pietro's arguments are childís play to dismiss, arguments so lame they were not even brought up in court, the lawyers defending prop 8 knew better than that, even if they didnít know better than to bring up procreation.

Kil Mare is doing a dance, trying oh so desperately to force the law to a belief system using anything however remotely applicable to bend the law to that belief system. The funniest parts of those arguments are the "scientific" ones, which bear no resemblance to actual science.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#204690 Jul 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what causes gravity you pointy head sociologist.
Gravity, it isnt just a good idea, its the law.:P
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204691 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravity, it isnt just a good idea, its the law.:P
There is no gravity, the Earth sucks.
New target

Monrovia, CA

#204692 Jul 25, 2013
The Supreme Court's ruling in late June, 2013 that weakened the Voting Rights Act, the Justice Department will use the law to go after what it considers discriminatory practices.

And the first target will be "Texas", in a dispute over new boundaries drawn by the racists Republican legislature for congressional and legislative districts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204693 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That about sums it up, although I would put Frankie in the troll category, I suspect Frankie would put Frankie in the troll category actually.
Pietro's arguments are childís play to dismiss, arguments so lame they were not even brought up in court, the lawyers defending prop 8 knew better than that, even if they didnít know better than to bring up procreation.
Kil Mare is doing a dance, trying oh so desperately to force the law to a belief system using anything however remotely applicable to bend the law to that belief system. The funniest parts of those arguments are the "scientific" ones, which bear no resemblance to actual science.
Opinions approved by the rainbow committee- Not a troll!
Non approved opinions- TROLL!

Approve of SSM- Not a troll
Disapprove of SSM- TROLL!

Approve of SSM and polygamy- TROLL!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204694 Jul 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
You are so humble!!! You left yourself out.

VV pontificates everything. But not until he has twirled, twisted, shifted, slandered and lied. Nothing else is important or considered except his gay colored world. He is determined to put a bent rod in a straight hole and call it ss marriage.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204695 Jul 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no gravity, the Earth sucks.
That would be saying that everything sucks, even Kil Mare

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) 2 hr sidbad 110
Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay' 3 hr Wondering 42
Google Wants to Search Your ... Bloodstream? 19 hr Spotted Girl 5
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Oct 29 maryjaneprincton 10
UPDATE 1-Vivus says erectile dysfunction drug m... (Sep '12) Oct 28 kamilbrown 19
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Oct 26 AmandaElise 129
Worth a Look Oct 24 WE JUST DONT CARE 12

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]