Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,867)

Showing posts 177,321 - 177,340 of200,241
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>How lonely you must be.(baby tears),,,
Not at all :)

There aren’t as many homophobic ignorant morons as you might think
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to argue consummation. I would like for you to list the number of marriages that have been annulled over the past decade based on consummation issues.
I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?
It's a ridiculous and desperate argument. You should consider dropping it.
Wrong question, he is saying that marriage should not be allowed because of consummation, how many marriages have been refused by the government because of ability or intent of consummation, that is the question.

I already know the answer, I am sure you do too.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to argue consummation. I would like for you to list the number of marriages that have been annulled over the past decade based on consummation issues.
Its illustrative of a significant difference between SSCs, and OSCs.
I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage.
Consummation is the first act of sexual intercourse, coitus, by husband and wife.'Nuff said.
. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?
Did they?
So u admit the law does not treat SSMs EXACTLY the same? Very good.
justhefacts

New Lisbon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Emelye Waldherr wrote:
HOORAY!!
Not that this will shut the bigots up but it's sure nice to get good news now and then!
:)
How can this be “Good” news. Think one of the Biggest reasons vote Dem is because o f Gay marriage BS. They don’t give a dam what damages the Libs has dobe to this country for the past 50 years. Look at the Lib voter base in murders and Crime. Now lets look at the “Marriage”

More then 50% of marriages now fail in the U.S. when women went WAY overboard on Equality and now its reverse Equality

That said the DEMS KILLED the institution of marriage and yet we now say YEA for Gay marriage that wants to not only make Marriage a political issue its now a FAILED Institution

Again shows how the LIBS are small pea brain thinkers. Not unlike little children.

So the Dummies are fighting to join a club that more then half of the previous club members Quit

All I see here is ignorant.
More facts

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
How can this be “Good” news. Think one of the Biggest reasons vote Dem is because o f Gay marriage BS. They don’t give a dam what damages the Libs has dobe to this country for the past 50 years. Look at the Lib voter base in murders and Crime. Now lets look at the “Marriage”
More then 50% of marriages now fail in the U.S. when women went WAY overboard on Equality and now its reverse Equality
That said the DEMS KILLED the institution of marriage and yet we now say YEA for Gay marriage that wants to not only make Marriage a political issue its now a FAILED Institution
Again shows how the LIBS are small pea brain thinkers. Not unlike little children.
So the Dummies are fighting to join a club that more then half of the previous club members Quit
All I see here is ignorant.
You are spot on. Fact is, the feminism, no need for a man movement of the 60s is what started the rebellion and homosexual movement. Once these woman raised boys with no penis, they became butch girls or feme gay men. It is all about women hating themselves.

Women are beautiful, whether pregnant, barefoot, or in the boardroom. TYhe feminist women devalued wives and mothers and therefore destroyed much of our greatest natural resource, mothers and homes.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong question, he is saying that marriage should not be allowed because of consummation, how many marriages have been refused by the government because of ability or intent of consummation, that is the question.
I already know the answer, I am sure you do too.
Silly Big D, trix are for kids. He is pointing out that there are differences between the two relationships, and the laws reflect that. But you're too full of yourself to admit that....you might get kicked out of the rainbow clubhouse.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They are stretching every word they can think of, twisting and distorting every law on the books trying to contrive a way to not allow equal rights.
If they came up with an intelligent argument ( no one has yet ), they might get better response, but as long as their arguments are “consummation”,“procreation”, the words "husband and wife" or reasons for an “annulment” or divorce, any response to such lame arguments is going to sound condescending.
When they start acting like adults, I will treat them like adults.
But you said this thread is moot. Changed your mind Oh, Mighty D?
POOF

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Who?
Hollywood

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

All those Hollywood movies where the good guy or bad fires a 6-shot revolver 19 time's. Well here the answer to all that misunderstanding.

The Glock is also easy to fire and maintain.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly Big D, trix are for kids. He is pointing out that there are differences between the two relationships, and the laws reflect that. But you're too full of yourself to admit that....you might get kicked out of the rainbow clubhouse.
No I am pointing out that same sex couples are legally married in a growing number of states and recognized at the federal level as well, regardless of any lame arguments about "procreation". "consummation" or any words used in any ceremonies and any divorce or annulment procedures which are never used to prevent people from being able to marry.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?
Too funny.

SS couples can't equate, so lets just 'drop it'!
Ears have it

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Stupid Republicans, RNC, GOP and Tea Party Minnie's.

The US Senate Republicans are digging in their heels to make sure important federal courts remain dominated by majorities of right-wing judges, then making up wild stories about how President Obama is engaging in "court packing" simply by nominating people to fill urgent vacancies on the bench!
POOF

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
SS couples can't equate, so lets just 'drop it'!
Why?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

If I understand things correctly, here's where we stand:

Pietro--believes that since same-sex couples are not able to consummate their marriage with reproductive sex, then their marriage is invalid. He also believes that polygamy and incest should be legalized since same-sex marriage is legal.

Frankie--believes that he must post every 2 to 5 minutes. He believes that gay marriage is OK, so long as polygamy and incest marriages are also legal.

Kimare--believes about two-dozen things when it comes to marriage. First he believes that same-sex couples are "redumbdant" because they are unable to have children. But he swears that he does not believe the reproductive capabilities or intentions of a couple should be taken into account when it comes to marriage.
He also believes that marriage is a "cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior"; but also agrees that there are reasons for marrying other than just to reproduce.
He believes that homosexuality is a disorder since no one has ever been able to determine the cause of it. But he accepts that gravity is natural, even though we don't know what causes it either.
He believes that all anal sex is harmful and demeaning, even though a good number of straight people engage in it. And I'm Assuming he also agrees with anal sex within the confines of marriage--so long as the couples are straight.
he believes he has a God-given right to judge others, but claims that he has never made a judgment about a person's relationship.

Laughing Man and Rock Hudsony are pretty much irrelevant. Laughing Man is a troll. And Rock just hates gays.

Are we all on the same page now?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Who?
Is on first, what's on second.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Who?
You, Jizzy. That's who.

What a dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Because you are a dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Frankie--bla bla bla... He believes that gay marriage is OK, so long as polygamy and incest marriages are also legal.
Very good! That's how I feel. Makes me worthy of scorn from you clowns though. The people of tolerance and diversity are neither.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm not trying to understand a ss relationship.
2. I'm not trying to change anyone's personal description of their relationship.
3. I'm not judging anyone's personal relationships.
I simply and accurately noted the reality of a core distinction between ss couples and marriage.
That has NOTHING to do with your statements above.
NOTHING you said changes the reality of what I wrote.
I'm simply pointing out that the reunion of a man and woman in marriage connects humanity with the very roots of their existence and, at the same time, reaches into the future with the next generation.
A ss couple just cannot equate to that depth of diversity in a heterosexual couple united as one, in anyway, shape or form.
The past and future joined by a man and woman into the present embarrassingly exposes the absolute barrenness of a ss couple.
It really makes it shameful to even speak of equating the two relationships.
You need to address the points I made, and not change the subject. Perhaps you need to just admit that these points ARE a profound difference between ss couples and marriage.
Endless yammering about nonexistent things doesn't alter the fact that I'm still married, and you're baby mill marriage isn't given any special standing. Not a damn thing you can do about it!!

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
If I understand things correctly, here's where we stand:
Pietro--believes that since same-sex couples are not able to consummate their marriage with reproductive sex, then their marriage is invalid. He also believes that polygamy and incest should be legalized since same-sex marriage is legal.
Frankie--believes that he must post every 2 to 5 minutes. He believes that gay marriage is OK, so long as polygamy and incest marriages are also legal.
Kimare--believes about two-dozen things when it comes to marriage. First he believes that same-sex couples are "redumbdant" because they are unable to have children. But he swears that he does not believe the reproductive capabilities or intentions of a couple should be taken into account when it comes to marriage.
He also believes that marriage is a "cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior"; but also agrees that there are reasons for marrying other than just to reproduce.
He believes that homosexuality is a disorder since no one has ever been able to determine the cause of it. But he accepts that gravity is natural, even though we don't know what causes it either.
He believes that all anal sex is harmful and demeaning, even though a good number of straight people engage in it. And I'm Assuming he also agrees with anal sex within the confines of marriage--so long as the couples are straight.
he believes he has a God-given right to judge others, but claims that he has never made a judgment about a person's relationship.
Laughing Man and Rock Hudsony are pretty much irrelevant. Laughing Man is a troll. And Rock just hates gays.
Are we all on the same page now?
We know what causes gravity you pointy head sociologist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 177,321 - 177,340 of200,241
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
Review: Adecco Staffing Services Sat Amrita Singh 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you hav... Jul 10 candylee 1
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••