Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204643 Jul 25, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Your mom was a flower pot, so you must be a blooming idiot
That was funny Poofy....gotta give ya that one.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204644 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words are not on the marriage license and are not requirements, nor is any ceremony, people marry in front of a justice of the peace all the time.
"Husband" and "wife" aren't on the marriage license? Not requirements? In 30 plus states they are. I pointed out the pronouncement, I did not specify who pronounced them.
nor is the term consummate
It is part of marriage law though.
You can get an annulment
Failure to consummate is grounds for an annulment in several states, including California.
or divorce for no reason at all
With no fault divorce, that's true.
And our government will not step in and force and annulment regardless of your "consummation" argument if neither party wants one, we don’t force the ending of marriages, one party has to actually desire it,
Never said the government would force an annulment.
and if one party does, they don’t even need a reason, so consummation is totally irrelevant
Do you have any other non-issues you would like me to explain to you?
You continue to state SSM and OSM are treated the same. I've pointed out the obvious, which you are unable to, or unwilling to, acknowledge. They're not exactly the same. Nice try though.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204647 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Husband" and "wife" aren't on the marriage license? Not requirements? In 30 plus states they are. I pointed out the pronouncement, I did not specify who pronounced them.
<quoted text>
It is part of marriage law though.
<quoted text>
Failure to consummate is grounds for an annulment in several states, including California.
<quoted text>
With no fault divorce, that's true.
<quoted text>
Never said the government would force an annulment.
<quoted text>
You continue to state SSM and OSM are treated the same. I've pointed out the obvious, which you are unable to, or unwilling to, acknowledge. They're not exactly the same. Nice try though.
The fact is, they are legally married, and recognized on the state and federal level, and treated as married by law, despite your lame arguments.

Not only will the government not force and annulment, nor will they refuse to marry anyone over someone’s definition of "consummation"

So that argument is totally moot and you can stop whining about that one, feel good, one less thing to whine about.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204650 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The same huh? Exact same? So "I now pronounce you husband and wife" applies to them? They consumate the sane way? Can get an annulment for failure to consumate?
You love to argue consummation. I would like for you to list the number of marriages that have been annulled over the past decade based on consummation issues.

I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?

It's a ridiculous and desperate argument. You should consider dropping it.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#204651 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words are not on the marriage license and are not requirements, nor is any ceremony, people marry in front of a justice of the peace all the time.
nor is the term consummate
You can get an annulment or divorce for no reason at all.
And our government will not step in and force and annulment regardless of your "consummation" argument if neither party wants one, we don’t force the ending of marriages, one party has to actually desire it, and if one party does, they don’t even need a reason, so consummation is totally irrelevant
Do you have any other non-issues you would like me to explain to you?
I do! Please explain why are you such a condescending jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#204652 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right
Yes, I got it right, you're a condescending jackass, but why?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#204653 Jul 25, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Sup Sh!t head
Another moronic argument from our resident moron. Fail. Again.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#204654 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did, four times too, all by a woman "not in her right mind". Thanks for asking though.
Mine's not in her right mind either, lucky for me! ;))
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#204655 Jul 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That was funny Poofy....gotta give ya that one.:)
You're too kind. Jizzy's jokes are dumb.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#204656 Jul 25, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>
Why because of two Johnsons or two Lisa's , is it that?
What?
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#204657 Jul 25, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then marry a turkey baster.
Loan him yours. Need to clean it first though.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#204660 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t state and opinion, I stated a fact
A fact that your homophobic friends have not come to grips with yet
Those genitile men usually have a better grip on that kind of stuff any ways.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#204661 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably true, I am not sure I have one, I would have to think about that.
Possibly a distant relative, but not someone I communicate with
My work will not tolerate it
My family strongly believes in our nations values of freedom and equality
My friends are all supporters of freedom
How lonely you must be.(baby tears),,,
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204662 Jul 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I got it right, you're a condescending jackass, but why?
They are stretching every word they can think of, twisting and distorting every law on the books trying to contrive a way to not allow equal rights.

If they came up with an intelligent argument ( no one has yet ), they might get better response, but as long as their arguments are “consummation”,“procreation”, the words "husband and wife" or reasons for an “annulment” or divorce, any response to such lame arguments is going to sound condescending.

When they start acting like adults, I will treat them like adults.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204663 Jul 25, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>How lonely you must be.(baby tears),,,
Not at all :)

There aren’t as many homophobic ignorant morons as you might think
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204664 Jul 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to argue consummation. I would like for you to list the number of marriages that have been annulled over the past decade based on consummation issues.
I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?
Wrong question, he is saying that marriage should not be allowed because of consummation, how many marriages have been refused by the government because of ability or intent of consummation, that is the question.

I already know the answer, I am sure you do too.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204665 Jul 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Its illustrative of a significant difference between SSCs, and OSCs.
I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage.
Consummation is the first act of sexual intercourse, coitus, by husband and wife.'Nuff said.
. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?
Did they?
So u admit the law does not treat SSMs EXACTLY the same? Very good.
justhefacts

United States

#204666 Jul 25, 2013
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
HOORAY!!
Not that this will shut the bigots up but it's sure nice to get good news now and then!
:)
How can this be “Good” news. Think one of the Biggest reasons vote Dem is because o f Gay marriage BS. They don’t give a dam what damages the Libs has dobe to this country for the past 50 years. Look at the Lib voter base in murders and Crime. Now lets look at the “Marriage”

More then 50% of marriages now fail in the U.S. when women went WAY overboard on Equality and now its reverse Equality

That said the DEMS KILLED the institution of marriage and yet we now say YEA for Gay marriage that wants to not only make Marriage a political issue its now a FAILED Institution

Again shows how the LIBS are small pea brain thinkers. Not unlike little children.

So the Dummies are fighting to join a club that more then half of the previous club members Quit

All I see here is ignorant.
More facts

Costa Mesa, CA

#204667 Jul 25, 2013
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
How can this be “Good” news. Think one of the Biggest reasons vote Dem is because o f Gay marriage BS. They don’t give a dam what damages the Libs has dobe to this country for the past 50 years. Look at the Lib voter base in murders and Crime. Now lets look at the “Marriage”
More then 50% of marriages now fail in the U.S. when women went WAY overboard on Equality and now its reverse Equality
That said the DEMS KILLED the institution of marriage and yet we now say YEA for Gay marriage that wants to not only make Marriage a political issue its now a FAILED Institution
Again shows how the LIBS are small pea brain thinkers. Not unlike little children.
So the Dummies are fighting to join a club that more then half of the previous club members Quit
All I see here is ignorant.
You are spot on. Fact is, the feminism, no need for a man movement of the 60s is what started the rebellion and homosexual movement. Once these woman raised boys with no penis, they became butch girls or feme gay men. It is all about women hating themselves.

Women are beautiful, whether pregnant, barefoot, or in the boardroom. TYhe feminist women devalued wives and mothers and therefore destroyed much of our greatest natural resource, mothers and homes.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204668 Jul 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong question, he is saying that marriage should not be allowed because of consummation, how many marriages have been refused by the government because of ability or intent of consummation, that is the question.
I already know the answer, I am sure you do too.
Silly Big D, trix are for kids. He is pointing out that there are differences between the two relationships, and the laws reflect that. But you're too full of yourself to admit that....you might get kicked out of the rainbow clubhouse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) 9 hr Incredible Art 104
Trump for President, He will win. watch 23 hr col sutter 1
News Incentives key to China's effort to upgrade hig... Aug 18 PAK RISWANDI 1
News Baby falls from open 3rd-story window in Foster... Aug 16 Lavanya 1
Complaints Against Google+ (Jul '14) Aug 14 caecude 104
News VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Aug 14 dave 22
News Trump seeks to dismiss lawsuit over Trump Unive... Jul '16 Callme TRUMP 2

Palo Alto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages