Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,852)

Showing posts 177,021 - 177,040 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You're like a stuck record... Is every single aspect of your marriage directly related to procreation? Is that the only reason you married your wife? Is that the sole reason that you married?
I feel sorry for his wife, I would have married mine whether she could have children or not. I cannot even imagine a marriage where the man only thinks of his wife as a baby producing appliance.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít get to talk about facts until you acknowledge the fact that same sex couples are married, legally, and recognized by the state and federal government as equal to any other marriage.
I am real, you are the one that seems totally clueless about facts.
How can they be "equal", when various state marriage laws, including those that deal with annulment, reference the male female sexual union?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again...
1. I'm talking about marriage identifying with the very roots of human life. You ignore the incredible significance of that fundamental essence.
2. You dumb down marriage to a piece of paper. I'm talking about the past and future life and life giving fruit of marriage, something ss couples have absolutely NO identification with in any way.
3. Moreover, you foolishly attempt to deny the connection between the very existence of life, including homosexuals and marriage. Marriage is the wise constraint of human culture combined with nature's mating behavior to produce the best and safest place for reproduction.
This separation DEMANDED by couples who have zero potential of mutually procreating human life, placed on the only couples best suited to do so. Not just inappropriate, but idiotic.
...and here you go again, repeating yourself.

these facts remain :
1. same sex marriage is legal in several states.
2. prop 8 case findings and decision made by judge walker stands that prop 8 is unconstitutional, per SCOTUS' rulings.
3. DOMA, section 3, is declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS.
4. your opinion disagrees with the previous facts. then again, your opinion does not drive secular law in these united states. so, again, your opinion doesn't really matter.

i'm hoping someday you can get off the broken record so your posts might become interesting and fresh for a change. at least we can all discuss different points.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
I expose a gay troll attack and you ignore the attack and call my exposť contentious!
Silly queen.
Remember , I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. Mocking hypocrisy models the Master.
Well, someone's hit the bottle early today.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in my post asserts any such thing.
Go back and read it again. Get someone to help you.
Marriage connects the roots of humanity and the future. SS couples do neither. They are a clear mutation mistake that has no direct connection to past or the future.
So you're now saying that there ARE other reasons that people marry besides children.

And if other reasons exist, then people--including same-gender couples--should be allowed to marry based on those reasons.

You can't say that marriage equals mating/procreation and say that other reasons exist at the same time.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are defending Paul against Christ?
So, you're saying that Christ has encouraged mankind to judge one another and be rude to them--to revile them?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Among many other distortions, you dumb down marriage to a contract (how romantic and inclusive of human nature), ignore the essence of marriage to fallaciously equate a duplicate gendered half to marriage, and try to compare natural families with default families that immediately hinder a child's safety and future.
Moreover the selective censoring if my post completely ignores the point that marriage connects humanities past and future. SS couples do neither. They are a defective mutation of mating behavior.
So, you still got nothing!!! Yeah, we know!!!

Well, apart from some flowery talking points that mean absolutely nothing to anyone, other than you.

I love it when you stupid fundies start ranting on in your incessantly long run on sentences trying to shove as much bullshyt as you can!!

"Marriage is owned by those that procreate and half people like yourself can't procreate so neutral colors will be genderless for the non parents that you have because they were omitted from the timeline because your existence isn't happening because gender neutral mating behaviors mean the NAMBLA will want to half marry my sister's genderless coupling during the second coming when you are sent straight to hell for trying to get a piece of paper to translate to the illuminensence of my real marriage and the sacred fruit upon which it will bear is not your ss nature restricted coupling duplicated from Xerox paper because I can't fit all my hatred of you into one sentence so I will end by saying you aren't really married so there, now I hope you cry. Smirk."
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How can they be "equal", when various state marriage laws, including those that deal with annulment, reference the male female sexual union?
annulment or divorce means that one person in the marriage wants out, no law exists anywhere where the state steps in and forces an annulment when neither party wants the annulment.

With no fault divorce anyone can divorce anyone for no reason at all.

Here is where I will agree with you, the ability to procreate is the same level of importance to a marriage as no reason at all.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're now saying that there ARE other reasons that people marry besides children.
And if other reasons exist, then people--including same-gender couples--should be allowed to marry based on those reasons.
You can't say that marriage equals mating/procreation and say that other reasons exist at the same time.
I want to make sure I stay away from whichever church he belongs to

"Do you take this woman to be your child bearing appliance"

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The above makes no sense. It is simply a childish attempt to divert from the fact that marriage connects us to the roots of humanity, and at the same time births our future. SS couples do neither. Clearly a monumental difference.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that Christ has encouraged mankind to judge one another and be rude to them--to revile them?
Where did I say that?

You never answered how why you defended a gay troll attack I exposed.

And why are such games needed by adults addressing a legitimate cause?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you still got nothing!!! Yeah, we know!!!
Well, apart from some flowery talking points that mean absolutely nothing to anyone, other than you.
I love it when you stupid fundies start ranting on in your incessantly long run on sentences trying to shove as much bullshyt as you can!!
"Marriage is owned by those that procreate and half people like yourself can't procreate so neutral colors will be genderless for the non parents that you have because they were omitted from the timeline because your existence isn't happening because gender neutral mating behaviors mean the NAMBLA will want to half marry my sister's genderless coupling during the second coming when you are sent straight to hell for trying to get a piece of paper to translate to the illuminensence of my real marriage and the sacred fruit upon which it will bear is not your ss nature restricted coupling duplicated from Xerox paper because I can't fit all my hatred of you into one sentence so I will end by saying you aren't really married so there, now I hope you cry. Smirk."
Your relationship has no connection to the very roots of human existence. The reunion of a male and female reflect those roots in a powerful way.

Your relationship births nothing for future humanity. Marriage is mating behavior and humanity joining together to provide the very best for human fruit.

I'm sorry, but all you have is a double mutation mistake relationship. Perhaps 'mutake' would be a better description than marriage?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The above makes no sense. It is simply a childish attempt to divert from the fact that marriage connects us to the roots of humanity, and at the same time births our future. SS couples do neither. Clearly a monumental difference.
While you spend your time trying to divert people from the fact that same sex couples are indeed married and recognized as such on both the state and federal level.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the facts... Mankind as we know it has been around for about 200,000 years. Marriage has been around for around 4,500. Some say marriage is 10,000 years old; but we have no evidence of that.

People were making babies long before marriage was on the scene. And people still make babies outside of marriage.

There is no evidence that marriage was needed to create offspring and societies for a period of about 190,000 to 195,500 years. And there's no evidence that marriage is necessary to create children now.

So, on what basis do you make the claim that "marriage connects us to the roots of humanity, and at the same time births our future"?

I think that's check and mate...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
You never answered how why you defended a gay troll attack I exposed.
And why are such games needed by adults addressing a legitimate cause?
Such questions from the ultimate gamer... You lie about your "facts". You mislead people to believe the drivel you post. When you're backed into a corner, you suddenly change course.

You've been playing games for year. To take a page out of your playbook, you don't even believe half the stuff you post.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your relationship has no connection to the very roots of human existence. The reunion of a male and female reflect those roots in a powerful way.
Your relationship births nothing for future humanity. Marriage is mating behavior and humanity joining together to provide the very best for human fruit.
I'm sorry, but all you have is a double mutation mistake relationship. Perhaps 'mutake' would be a better description than marriage?
Prove that "marriage is mating behavior". Prove that "mating behavior" is the only reason people marry.

Mating MAY take place in marriage, but it's disingenuous to say that all marriages are mating behavior.

So, just prove your comments.

We're waiting...
Sack O Brains

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Sack O Brains, leave this alone.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

Mating behavior has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a marriage license.

There are no restrictions to mating behavior in general ( people can and do have all kinds of sex regardless of a marriage )

and there are no restrictions on a marriage license with respect to mating behavior

Got anything else cause that didnít fare as well as the Titanic did

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the facts... Mankind as we know it has been around for about 200,000 years. Marriage has been around for around 4,500. Some say marriage is 10,000 years old; but we have no evidence of that.
People were making babies long before marriage was on the scene. And people still make babies outside of marriage.
There is no evidence that marriage was needed to create offspring and societies for a period of about 190,000 to 195,500 years. And there's no evidence that marriage is necessary to create children now.
So, on what basis do you make the claim that "marriage connects us to the roots of humanity, and at the same time births our future"?
I think that's check and mate...
Hardly.

I was referring to further back than 200,000 years ago. The reunion of man and woman in marriage reflects early genderless life. Moreover, you still ignore the other side; Marriage connects us to our past and our future.

Ss relationships are a momentary mistaken mutation aberration.

The distinction could not be more graphic or monumental!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that "marriage is mating behavior". Prove that "mating behavior" is the only reason people marry.
Mating MAY take place in marriage, but it's disingenuous to say that all marriages are mating behavior.
So, just prove your comments.
We're waiting...
I never made any of those claims.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 177,021 - 177,040 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr Decide what 4,837
The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you hav... 10 hr candylee 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr 21 and over 15,909
Soon everyone will be an electric company Jul 6 Solarman 2
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
...FARMER...is...GOD,..not... (Jun '13) Jul 3 PAUL SHYKORA artsdiscuss 20
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000