Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
177,021 - 177,040 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#204300 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Among many other distortions, you dumb down marriage to a contract (how romantic and inclusive of human nature), ignore the essence of marriage to fallaciously equate a duplicate gendered half to marriage, and try to compare natural families with default families that immediately hinder a child's safety and future.
Moreover the selective censoring if my post completely ignores the point that marriage connects humanities past and future. SS couples do neither. They are a defective mutation of mating behavior.
So, you still got nothing!!! Yeah, we know!!!

Well, apart from some flowery talking points that mean absolutely nothing to anyone, other than you.

I love it when you stupid fundies start ranting on in your incessantly long run on sentences trying to shove as much bullshyt as you can!!

"Marriage is owned by those that procreate and half people like yourself can't procreate so neutral colors will be genderless for the non parents that you have because they were omitted from the timeline because your existence isn't happening because gender neutral mating behaviors mean the NAMBLA will want to half marry my sister's genderless coupling during the second coming when you are sent straight to hell for trying to get a piece of paper to translate to the illuminensence of my real marriage and the sacred fruit upon which it will bear is not your ss nature restricted coupling duplicated from Xerox paper because I can't fit all my hatred of you into one sentence so I will end by saying you aren't really married so there, now I hope you cry. Smirk."
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204301 Jul 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How can they be "equal", when various state marriage laws, including those that deal with annulment, reference the male female sexual union?
annulment or divorce means that one person in the marriage wants out, no law exists anywhere where the state steps in and forces an annulment when neither party wants the annulment.

With no fault divorce anyone can divorce anyone for no reason at all.

Here is where I will agree with you, the ability to procreate is the same level of importance to a marriage as no reason at all.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204302 Jul 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're now saying that there ARE other reasons that people marry besides children.
And if other reasons exist, then people--including same-gender couples--should be allowed to marry based on those reasons.
You can't say that marriage equals mating/procreation and say that other reasons exist at the same time.
I want to make sure I stay away from whichever church he belongs to

"Do you take this woman to be your child bearing appliance"

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204303 Jul 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're now saying that there ARE other reasons that people marry besides children.
And if other reasons exist, then people--including same-gender couples--should be allowed to marry based on those reasons.
You can't say that marriage equals mating/procreation and say that other reasons exist at the same time.
The above makes no sense. It is simply a childish attempt to divert from the fact that marriage connects us to the roots of humanity, and at the same time births our future. SS couples do neither. Clearly a monumental difference.

Location hidden

#204304 Jul 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that Christ has encouraged mankind to judge one another and be rude to them--to revile them?
Where did I say that?

You never answered how why you defended a gay troll attack I exposed.

And why are such games needed by adults addressing a legitimate cause?

Location hidden

#204306 Jul 23, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you still got nothing!!! Yeah, we know!!!
Well, apart from some flowery talking points that mean absolutely nothing to anyone, other than you.
I love it when you stupid fundies start ranting on in your incessantly long run on sentences trying to shove as much bullshyt as you can!!
"Marriage is owned by those that procreate and half people like yourself can't procreate so neutral colors will be genderless for the non parents that you have because they were omitted from the timeline because your existence isn't happening because gender neutral mating behaviors mean the NAMBLA will want to half marry my sister's genderless coupling during the second coming when you are sent straight to hell for trying to get a piece of paper to translate to the illuminensence of my real marriage and the sacred fruit upon which it will bear is not your ss nature restricted coupling duplicated from Xerox paper because I can't fit all my hatred of you into one sentence so I will end by saying you aren't really married so there, now I hope you cry. Smirk."
Your relationship has no connection to the very roots of human existence. The reunion of a male and female reflect those roots in a powerful way.

Your relationship births nothing for future humanity. Marriage is mating behavior and humanity joining together to provide the very best for human fruit.

I'm sorry, but all you have is a double mutation mistake relationship. Perhaps 'mutake' would be a better description than marriage?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204307 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The above makes no sense. It is simply a childish attempt to divert from the fact that marriage connects us to the roots of humanity, and at the same time births our future. SS couples do neither. Clearly a monumental difference.
While you spend your time trying to divert people from the fact that same sex couples are indeed married and recognized as such on both the state and federal level.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204308 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the facts... Mankind as we know it has been around for about 200,000 years. Marriage has been around for around 4,500. Some say marriage is 10,000 years old; but we have no evidence of that.

People were making babies long before marriage was on the scene. And people still make babies outside of marriage.

There is no evidence that marriage was needed to create offspring and societies for a period of about 190,000 to 195,500 years. And there's no evidence that marriage is necessary to create children now.

So, on what basis do you make the claim that "marriage connects us to the roots of humanity, and at the same time births our future"?

I think that's check and mate...

Knoxville, TN

#204309 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
You never answered how why you defended a gay troll attack I exposed.
And why are such games needed by adults addressing a legitimate cause?
Such questions from the ultimate gamer... You lie about your "facts". You mislead people to believe the drivel you post. When you're backed into a corner, you suddenly change course.

You've been playing games for year. To take a page out of your playbook, you don't even believe half the stuff you post.

Knoxville, TN

#204310 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your relationship has no connection to the very roots of human existence. The reunion of a male and female reflect those roots in a powerful way.
Your relationship births nothing for future humanity. Marriage is mating behavior and humanity joining together to provide the very best for human fruit.
I'm sorry, but all you have is a double mutation mistake relationship. Perhaps 'mutake' would be a better description than marriage?
Prove that "marriage is mating behavior". Prove that "mating behavior" is the only reason people marry.

Mating MAY take place in marriage, but it's disingenuous to say that all marriages are mating behavior.

So, just prove your comments.

We're waiting...
Sack O Brains

Monrovia, CA

#204311 Jul 23, 2013
Sack O Brains, leave this alone.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204312 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

Mating behavior has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a marriage license.

There are no restrictions to mating behavior in general ( people can and do have all kinds of sex regardless of a marriage )

and there are no restrictions on a marriage license with respect to mating behavior

Got anything else cause that didnít fare as well as the Titanic did

Location hidden

#204313 Jul 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the facts... Mankind as we know it has been around for about 200,000 years. Marriage has been around for around 4,500. Some say marriage is 10,000 years old; but we have no evidence of that.
People were making babies long before marriage was on the scene. And people still make babies outside of marriage.
There is no evidence that marriage was needed to create offspring and societies for a period of about 190,000 to 195,500 years. And there's no evidence that marriage is necessary to create children now.
So, on what basis do you make the claim that "marriage connects us to the roots of humanity, and at the same time births our future"?
I think that's check and mate...
Hardly.

I was referring to further back than 200,000 years ago. The reunion of man and woman in marriage reflects early genderless life. Moreover, you still ignore the other side; Marriage connects us to our past and our future.

Ss relationships are a momentary mistaken mutation aberration.

The distinction could not be more graphic or monumental!

Location hidden

#204314 Jul 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that "marriage is mating behavior". Prove that "mating behavior" is the only reason people marry.
Mating MAY take place in marriage, but it's disingenuous to say that all marriages are mating behavior.
So, just prove your comments.
We're waiting...
I never made any of those claims.
About time

Monrovia, CA

#204315 Jul 23, 2013
CalPERS of California has opened special window for same-sex couples to enroll in health benefits services.

Location hidden

#204316 Jul 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Such questions from the ultimate gamer... You lie about your "facts". You mislead people to believe the drivel you post. When you're backed into a corner, you suddenly change course.
You've been playing games for year. To take a page out of your playbook, you don't even believe half the stuff you post.
I'm simply asking why you defended a gay troll attack when I exposed it.

It's not a difficult question.
Pietro Armando

Carlisle, MA

#204317 Jul 23, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
And the health and safety of adoption.
And the health and safety of 2 people who have no intention of bearing children.
But is that the basic function and purpose of marriage?
Marriage as we know it today as a legal contract,
A contract for what reason?
same sex and opposite sex, with children or without children, enhances the health and safety of the people who are married
Are there specific studies conducted on both male and female SSCs to validate that claim?
. There are many benefits of marriage, and there may be drawbacks to being married, depending upon the individuals involved. The basic question is, "is the legal contract of marriage being carried out equally for all concerned". The answer is, "yes in some places, and no in others".
How does one define "equally", when due to the gender composition of the couple, not all laws are applicable?
Goneners

Monrovia, CA

#204318 Jul 23, 2013
Stop with the idiot questions, just shut up and go away!

P.S. insult one another all you want, it appeaars the moderator hasn't got a clue or is just a racists too!
Pietro Armando

Carlisle, MA

#204319 Jul 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Why people marry, does not explain why marriage is a licensed relationship by the state. If the state licenses marriage because procreation of aspect of the male female sexual union, then why people choose to marry is irrelevant.
Remove the procreation all aspect, and why does it matter who marries who, or doesn't marry?
Pietro Armando

Carlisle, MA

#204320 Jul 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
annulment or divorce means that one person in the marriage wants out, no law exists anywhere where the state steps in and forces an annulment when neither party wants the annulment.
Not once did I indicate that a state would force an annulment, I simply pointed the obvious, a same sex couple is not treated "equally", because they physically cannot consumate the relationship. So much for all things being "equal".
With no fault divorce anyone can divorce anyone for no reason at all.
Here is where I will agree with you, the ability to procreate is the same level of importance to a marriage as no reason at all.
Yet the failure to consumate is grounds for an annulment in some states, grounds which ARE NOT applicable to SSCs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr lechezz 4,998
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 6 hr Sad to Glad 25
Neil Young files for divorce from Pegi Young 6 hr Lightning Linda 3
Will Eric Schmidt Destroy Google? 6 hr Getting Real 25
Complaints Against Google+ 7 hr Getting Real 80
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••