Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,826)

Showing posts 176,501 - 176,520 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And regarding Big D's and Jonah's opinions of Christians, do you think you represent Christ's commandments of loving your neighbor as you love yourself? I think you misrepresent Christ. I think folks like you, Kimare, RockHudsony, etc. drive people AWAY from Christ.
You briefly mentioned they have opinions but omitted what they are. They hate Christians. When they bring up religion or the fake rev brings up how Christians believe in a fairy tale, WHY don't you stand up for what you believe in? If Jesus was crucified today, you would be in the crowd, shouting “Crucify Him! Crucify Him!”. And I don't condemn anyone for being gay, that's not for me to Judge. I have no problem with it. I take a stand with Frank that rights should be given to all.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

That's just a working title. We can come up with a proper name later..
Restrict

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Keep it snug
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
I just thought of a completely harmless, yet wonderful little earner..
A booth, just down the block from the next Knoxville NAMBL....I mean, "Pride Parade"... Renting some.....wait for it..........wait for it........paintball guns!
Oh, the larks! Hours of fun for the whole family!
More "Bang!" for our buck! think of it! Endless fun, huntin...I mean, interacting with the Medicated Knoxville Meanie!
:-D
It could be more fun than this must have been:

https://myspace.com/lionhrt80/video/fat-kid-g...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You briefly mentioned they have opinions but omitted what they are. They hate Christians. When they bring up religion or the fake rev brings up how Christians believe in a fairy tale, WHY don't you stand up for what you believe in? If Jesus was crucified today, you would be in the crowd, shouting “Crucify Him! Crucify Him!”. And I don't condemn anyone for being gay, that's not for me to Judge. I have no problem with it. I take a stand with Frank that rights should be given to all.
VV has a low tolerance for the ick factor. He believes marrying your brother or sister would be very icky so it shouldn't be allowed. He fails to see the irony that he despises people who think gay marriage is icky.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Restrict wrote:
Keep it snug
All my ducks are in a row.
Delicious Felicia

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with the meds I take.
Did you get it from Big D?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

VV had another bad hair day today.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Might want to check your comprehension skill with the above post...
How precious, another ad hominem attack from the monster troll.

My comprehensive skills are fine, troll. Might want to check why you spend your life, apparently for several years now, posting on gay threads on Topix. You seem abnormally interested in homosexuality and gay marriage.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh. A medicated "social worker". Excellent.
Take more.
P.S. I take it that you read the explanation of why I was banned....this time?
No... I didn't see your response. Could you post it again?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
How precious, another ad hominem attack from the monster troll.
My comprehensive skills are fine, troll. Might want to check why you spend your life, apparently for several years now, posting on gay threads on Topix. You seem abnormally interested in homosexuality and gay marriage.
He said ironically, launching his own ad hominem attack implying that Kimare is gay just like himself.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do like your lame-ass slurs. They put your poor character on display nicely for all of us to marvel at!
You disrespect a disabled Vietnam veteran because you're mad over a silly Topix thread. Nice!
But of course gay Vietnam veterans are not "Vietnamese killers". And if they were wounded they are not gimps. We get it.
No, I pretty much believe that anybody--gay or straight--who has killed somebody is a killer. I can't imagine having something like that on my conscience.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> God is love (1 John 4:8), but God also punishes the sinner and hates all who do iniquity. God is not one sided. He is not simply an infinitely loving God. He is also infinitely just. He must deal with sin. He must punish the sinner.
Just curious, did you read anywhere in scripture where you, personally (or anyone for that matter), are capable of determining what God considers to be a sin? Did God appoint anyone on the planet to act as His judge?

Why don't you lay off gay people and let God determine if He intended for us to exist?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You briefly mentioned they have opinions but omitted what they are. They hate Christians. When they bring up religion or the fake rev brings up how Christians believe in a fairy tale, WHY don't you stand up for what you believe in? If Jesus was crucified today, you would be in the crowd, shouting “Crucify Him! Crucify Him!”. And I don't condemn anyone for being gay, that's not for me to Judge. I have no problem with it. I take a stand with Frank that rights should be given to all.
First of all I would not be yelling "crucify him" to anyone. I've protested several state executions. Why do you think I would want anyone executed?

Secondly, I can be a witness to others by explaining my own personal relationship and beliefs. If you want to do the same, then this is an excellent forum.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He said ironically, launching his own ad hominem attack implying that Kimare is gay just like himself.
He said in another dopey troll post.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh not all of them are despicable, just the ones that use it as an excuse for hatred and bigotry, who follow some parts but ignore other parts, and those that wish to force it upon others and their children without their consent.
Not everyone
Just the ones posting on this forum :)
A tiny percentage of them
I am sure there are some good Christians out there, just none here so far.
Oh just like the gay cult forcing their ways on others and their children with out their consent.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, did you read anywhere in scripture where you, personally (or anyone for that matter), are capable of determining what God considers to be a sin? Did God appoint anyone on the planet to act as His judge?
Why don't you lay off gay people and let God determine if He intended for us to exist?
Yes he appointed a Christian mocker named big d living in methdesto, California. LOL...okay, just kidding....That is why I wrote that I don't judge gay people. What did I write that was offensive to gay people? Are you posting to the right person?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
He said in another dopey troll post.
The troll stupidly replied.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I pretty much believe that anybody--gay or straight--who has killed somebody is a killer. I can't imagine having something like that on my conscience.
Lucky for you that you don't have to. But if you did, what would you do?
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay Vietnam veteran GOOD. Straight Vietnam veteran, Vietnamese Killer!!
Gay Christian GOOD! Straight Christian BAD! Sky Santa believer!
It's a simple concept really. GAY, Good! Straight, not so good.
A gay vet good and dead, a straight vet a survivalist. Don't talk about something you know nothing about numb nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,501 - 176,520 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Follow the dog 15,655
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) 22 hr Matthew Perri 27
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Tue lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Naked Teenage Man Arrested For Bizarre Crime Sp... Apr 11 justaguess 18
Jump Rope Apr 10 Anonymous 1
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search