Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,381 - 176,400 of 200,566 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A fundie c*nt being agitative.
You're a biotch-boi, acting childish...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A fundie c*nt being agitative.
Because that's what you do. Act like a child. And a c*nt.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t claim to believe in any book that tells me not to :)
This is the world, not your fantasy land, there are believers in literally tens of thousands of religions in this world, thousands and thousands of gods and families of gods in this world.
I don’t have a personal world, I live in the real one.

Real proud of you. Real proud.

But of course we all live in the real world. If you ever think it's not real, smash your toe with a sledgehammer and then tell me what's not real.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see
The legal facts ( which you ignore are )
Animals ( other than man ) do not have marriage contracts
Precreation is not now nor has ever been a requirement for a marriage license
Mating behavior is not stipulated on a marriage contract
Same sex couples are legally married and recognized on both the state and federal level
Some people can and do have children regardless of marital status ( and always have )
People raise children regardless of their biological connection to the child ( I have 3 myself that I raised that were not biologically mine, however they all call me Dad )
A microscopic view, and an attempt to keep the discussion in an arena, the ONLY arena, in which your argument can survive. Through the protection of the Govt. Once your argument hits the pavement, though, it dissipates. Like when I offered you a Youtube video, to clearly illustrate what happens to your slogans. The offer of the video that you never took me up on, I might add... Never even acknowledged the mention of. Ignored. Because you know that I have tested this argument of yours "More Americans..." and found it to be false, and provably so.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you; mating is irrelevant to the discussion of marriage. Even if it weren't, gays mate whether you like it or not. You don't get to make up your own definitions of what mating is.
<quoted text>
I highly doubt this figure, but in the end it's completely irrelevant.
<quoted text>
No one cares about cross cultural perspective. We only care about the perspective of the state. Cross cultures aren't issuing marriages, the state is. The state has no mandates as it relates to mating or procreation.
<quoted text>
Commonality is completely irrelevant. You are arguing "tradition". Sorry, that's not a valid argument when it relates to civil rights. Never has been and never will be. Your argument merely demonstrates your desperation.
<quoted text>
Face it c*nt, NOTHING you have stated has destroyed ANYTHING. Gays are still getting married, their marriages are equal to their heterosexual counterparts, laws are continuing to be changed in order to accommodate and regognize our marriages, and all your fundie twirls, lies and obfuscations about procreation, sterility, essences, anal sex, AIDS and anything else you try and bring into the conversation will never alter that.
You're a loser, fighting a losing battle, on a lost cause.
Oh, and you're ugly to boot.
This last line proves, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the childish nature of this poster. You have no earthly idea what he looks like, but you have to insult, like a child.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you; mating is irrelevant to the discussion of marriage. Even if it weren't, gays mate whether you like it or not. You don't get to make up your own definitions of what mating is.
<quoted text>
I highly doubt this figure, but in the end it's completely irrelevant.
<quoted text>
No one cares about cross cultural perspective. We only care about the perspective of the state. Cross cultures aren't issuing marriages, the state is. The state has no mandates as it relates to mating or procreation.
<quoted text>
Commonality is completely irrelevant. You are arguing "tradition". Sorry, that's not a valid argument when it relates to civil rights. Never has been and never will be. Your argument merely demonstrates your desperation.
<quoted text>
Face it c*nt, NOTHING you have stated has destroyed ANYTHING. Gays are still getting married, their marriages are equal to their heterosexual counterparts, laws are continuing to be changed in order to accommodate and regognize our marriages, and all your fundie twirls, lies and obfuscations about procreation, sterility, essences, anal sex, AIDS and anything else you try and bring into the conversation will never alter that.
You're a loser, fighting a losing battle, on a lost cause.
Oh, and you're ugly to boot.
Hey, little diddums...
Why don't you tell him that his feet smell, too? Really throw it out there?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly bigoted POS, I don't suck I blow...
Oh, the irony...
(as the man once said)
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not reality, that's made up fantasy fundie-land. Look, we get it, you don't want to accept our marriages. No one cares. your acceptance is about as important as the acceptance of donkey. Your lack of acceptance doesn't make them any less real, it just publically demonstrates how juvenile you are.
Now, you run along with your pouty face, and you stomp your feet all day long! Your very poorly created opinions don't trump facts.
Your imaginary "half marriages" and "mutual sterility" and "essences" and obsession with anal sex demonstrate NOTHING, other than your complete and utter stupidity.
Smile ugly! We love when fundies throw themselves into public arguments about which they know nothing other than their beliefs!! Nothing shows you all off for what you are more than that!!!
Yes, junior, I am sure that you think that you are doing well.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Stating that "Mating behavior is completely irrelevant to the state issuing a marriage license" is not a rabid opinion, it's a bona fide statement of fact. It's demonstrable and provable.
2) Science has nothing to do with marriage. But don't let that stop you from pretending it does.
Smile!
Why don't you go and watch "The Doodlebops"?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Smile!" Jonah1 said, with his jaw tightly clenched.
Isn't that called a "grimace"?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Here is an idea, why not add to the debate. All you seem to be able to muster are lame azz attempts at duplicating Brian_G. I find it odd for someone who supports gay rights and same sex marriage, you never debate KMare, Rock or any other person who objects to gay rights. Verry telling.
Frank is policing his own side, and arguing for true equality. Unlike your lame and hypocritical ass...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me you gimp.
You'd probably like that, wouldn't you? Every cake-bois dream, score some "straight"...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Why do people divorce? Bitter quarrels, insensitive remarks, lack of humor, watching too much television, inability to listen, drunkenness, sexual rejection—the reasons men or women give for why they leave a marriage are as varied as their motives for having wedded in the first place.

Overt adultery heads the list. Sterility and barrenness come next. Cruelty, particularly by the husband, ranks third among worldwide reasons for divorce. I am not surprised that adultery and infertility are paramount. Darwin theorized that people marry primarily to breed.

Only 16 percent of the 853 cultures on record actually prescribe monogyny, in which a man is permitted only one wife at a time. Western cultures are among them. We are in the minority, however. A whopping 84 percent of all human societies permit a man to take more than one wife at once—polygyny.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/
articles/199303/the-biology-at traction
Orbit

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Be ya can't get this up to and beyond 200,000 - suckers, with so many jerks posting a lost position it cold go to the moon.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Intellectual Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
And the hater stains want to be taken seriously.
...Pity....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Tennessee Trash is in another infantile rage. The joys of SCROTUS has apparently worn off.
He is given to fits of rage...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is trying to change you, BB. We're just trying to make it clear to YOU that your beliefs don't get to infringe on our rights.
Says the cheater, as the cheating affords victory..
"Nyah, nyah, nayah, you can't stop me..."
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Using loopholes to get a foothold, where one was never afforded before...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>By whom? You and the rest of the knuckle dragging Neanderthal freaks?
From the rational people that you wish to be a part of, but will never be.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
A microscopic view, and an attempt to keep the discussion in an arena, the ONLY arena, in which your argument can survive. Through the protection of the Govt. Once your argument hits the pavement, though, it dissipates. Like when I offered you a Youtube video, to clearly illustrate what happens to your slogans. The offer of the video that you never took me up on, I might add... Never even acknowledged the mention of. Ignored. Because you know that I have tested this argument of yours "More Americans..." and found it to be false, and provably so.
Big D never clicks on links, he feels no need because his mind is already made up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••