Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,081 - 176,100 of 200,602 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Hons

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

If the jurors hadn't been threatened by the KKK an d Skin Heads of Florida then there would be no reason to give these hons the medical attention in the first place.

Florida Court provides counseling to Zimmerman jurors days after emotional verdict, they knew they did bad by letting that gun slinger lose on to he community.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jona! wrote 'No honeypie, only the fundamentalists (who are a very small faction of society) agree with you, and no one really gives a rat's ass what those people think about anything. They are hypocritical liars like yourself." Stating that 'fundies' are only a small fraction of the U.S.??? What a dumb arss! Look it up, it's about 25%, Homosexuals are only @ 2%. Lying dumb twurd.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>"This is just the way young black boys handle their business and this is why there is so much violence around. "
Are you a member of the KKK in good standing?
Playing 'gangsta' doesn't always work. Live like a hood, die like a hood.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw c'mon. Tell us how you and your husband have a biological child together.
Just like real babies are born, put it in the hole, wait a while and one comes out. This one just happen to come out brown.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that is what you are guessing. You seem to guess a lot of ugly things. Because you're an ugly person. Like most fundamentalist Christians.
Smile.
Expressed like a true religious bigot. Sounds like Hitler talking about Jews, huh?
Common Twinkies

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Too small and the wrong size.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You have linked to some "Yahoo" contributor; someone who basically wrote a term paper. And she never used your quote.
I don't have to prove that your comment is a lie. You need to prove that it's true. Give us one a single legitimate social scientist who proves your "social science" claim.
Social science (and basic common sense) defines marriage as a legal union that meets the needs of two people.
It doesn't matter whether a couple marries to raise a family and/or for companionship and/or for one of the pair to improve their status (financial/material) and/or for love and/or lust/beauty...
All of these are legitimate reasons for marriage.
The government certainly doesn't become involved in the reasons people marry. It's none of their business. It's none of the church's business. And it's certainly none of your business.
Here is one to start with. There are many more that you could have easily found (maybe you did and just pretended ignorance again...).

Read the first paragraph.

http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/
bussandschmitt.pdf

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted nothing but crap
Show me the legal marriage contract for other animals, lets start there.
What is the evolutionary scientific based marriage contract.
I will give you a hint, none exists
I know more of anthropology both physical and cultural than you realize, and to date you have posted nothing but crap that does not relate in any way to marriage law.
bussandschmitt.pdf
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
bussandschmitt.pdf
You forgot already?

Procreation is not a requirement for a marriage license

Mating behavior is not stipulated for a marriage license

There are no legal marriage contracts in the animal kingdom as they are not natural, but legal contracts.

Tell you what, every time you post I will be glad to remind you
just wondering

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, disgusting is someone who would have thoughts like yours. That's disgusting. Even more disgusting is posting them like this where children can see them.
You're disgusting.
How Berzerkeley can YOU be, Caligula?
Just ME

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, disgusting is someone who would have thoughts like yours. That's disgusting. Even more disgusting is posting them like this where children can see them.
You're disgusting.
No "dear" thats just a fact, and I agree with you, just the thought of it IS disgusting! Thank you for supporting my thought.:-)
K junkers

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Junk Harbor's Inc.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Just ME wrote:
<quoted text>
No "dear" thats just a fact, and I agree with you, just the thought of it IS disgusting! Thank you for supporting my thought.:-)
If we don't finally get some spine and eradicate those cockroaches once and for all, then no child is safe.

Their "pride" parades and Folsom Streets, their daring you to do something, was just the beginning.
Hardders

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Move over please lets keep this mess down to a slow crawl.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
If we don't finally get some spine and eradicate those cockroaches once and for all, then no child is safe.
I agree all religious fundamentalists need to be quarantined until we can find a cure, and by all means keep the children away from them.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot already?
Procreation is not a requirement for a marriage license
Mating behavior is not stipulated for a marriage license
There are no legal marriage contracts in the animal kingdom as they are not natural, but legal contracts.
Tell you what, every time you post I will be glad to remind you
I'm sorry, the issue was the basic essence of marriage. As I noted before, mating behavior is the primary driver. Legal issues followed much later, primarily to protect mothers and children.

You can dumb down your relationship to a contract, but don't insult intelligent people by calling it marriage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you grow up and realize that it's NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS what two people do in the privacy of their own home, as long as what they do occurs between CONSENTING ADULTS and doesn't break any laws.
If you don't want to dip your dick in someone's behind, then DON'T DO IT! Millions of straight and gay people do it every day. It's their lives.
Stop being a child. Or maybe you're actually still a child and posting on an adult website.
Either way, get over it.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It is why it is considered illegal in many countries, and was here until recently.

That medical fact has not changed, and is a major part of how AIDS originated in our country and spread. THAT IS STILL COSTING ALL OF US IN MANY WAYS.

So take your self-righteous hissy fit and stuff it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, the issue was the basic essence of marriage. As I noted before, mating behavior is the primary driver. Legal issues followed much later, primarily to protect mothers and children.
You can dumb down your relationship to a contract, but don't insult intelligent people by calling it marriage.
The "basic essence of marriage" is a human legal matter, not a natural matter.

There are no legal "marriages” in the animal kingdom outside of human governmental law.

You are free to call your grotesque marriage whatever you want to, but you will not be defining mine or anyone else’s.

There is no requirement of intent or ability for procreation for a marriage license, we marry couples all the time and have for hundreds of years that cannot have children. Your belittling those people is not helping your case in any way at all, you are only driving more people to our side of equality and freedom.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree all religious fundamentalists need to be quarantined until we can find a cure, and by all means keep the children away from them.:)
You do realize that you've stepped into it big time?

Your kind has all the makings of a Religion, with deeply mysterious acts, mindless slogans, childish screams of "no-believer!!!!" and need for Government protection.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Stand back, and marvel as Reverend Stain gets ravenous munchies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••