Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,987

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#203135 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Social science defines the essence of marriage as a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Really, social science defines the essence of marriage this way? Exactly when did social science create this definition? Where is it recorded in the history of social science definitions? Does social science's definition supersede the states?

Please do educate the room dolt.
Just ME

Pleasanton, CA

#203136 Jul 17, 2013
The bible defines marriage between a man and a woman. Theres no bible that sways from that definition. Gay marriages may be legal now, but in most peoples eyes, youre all just perverted people living together. You may be able to legally be married, a privile given to you by humans... but in gods eyes youre detestable and unworthy of his approval. Youre all spitting on the one special arrangement he set for humanity to be enjoyed by a man and a woman. Lets see how well your marriage does on judgment day.

Location hidden

#203138 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing on Mother's Day YOU got the honors and not the woman who abandoned her children?
I'm sure that is what you are guessing. You seem to guess a lot of ugly things. Because you're an ugly person. Like most fundamentalist Christians.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203139 Jul 17, 2013
Just ME wrote:
The bible defines marriage between a man and a woman..
You are free to have believe in whichever book you want to in this country

but there are people legally married that donít believe in your little religion too.

and people of different religions that believe in many different gods and many different religious laws.

and people of no religion at all

Your little book has nothing whatsoever to do with marriage and how it is defined under US Law

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#203140 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been giving nothing but your personal about how a marriage is defined, but you donít have the power or authority to define others marriages, your opinion is worthless, no one cares what you think.
A marriage IS a legal contract, whether you comprehend that fact or not makes no difference to the fact.
No one has given you the authority to define other peoples marriages, just who do you think you are?
Same sex couples are as married as you or I are, nothing you say will change that fact.
Wrong. I have given the social science essence of marriage. That is why you have no defense for it.

All of the things I listed are unchangeable realities that distinguish between SS couples and marriage.

SS couples are clearly NOT the same as marriage.

Location hidden

#203141 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, social science defines the essence of marriage this way? Exactly when did social science create this definition? Where is it recorded in the history of social science definitions? Does social science's definition supersede the states?
Please do educate the room dolt.
Look up human mating behavior.

Location hidden

#203142 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that is what you are guessing. You seem to guess a lot of ugly things. Because you're an ugly person. Like most fundamentalist Christians.
Smile.
It is an ugly reality isn't it?

It is one thing for a child to be deprived of their mother by accident. It is wholly another issue to deliberately do so.

That is the ugly reality of what you and your partner did in a vain effort to manufacture a fake family and imposter marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203143 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I have given the social science essence of marriage. That is why you have no defense for it.
All of the things I listed are unchangeable realities that distinguish between SS couples and marriage.
Wrong you have given nothing but your personal opinion of the definition of marriage for everyone else. But you are not going to define mine, you donít have enough sense to define anything for anyone.

Here is a reality for you that you have not comprehended yet

A marriage is a legal contract, and same sex marriages are legally recognized by both the state and federal governments.

They clearly are a marriage whether you like it or not, as the contract is legally valid, and there is nothing whatsoever you can say to change that.

You lost, they won, get over it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203144 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up human mating behavior.
There is no requirement with regard to mating behavior for a marriage license.

Look it up, and then go find another argument that we will rip to shreds.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#203145 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an ugly reality isn't it?
It is one thing for a child to be deprived of their mother by accident. It is wholly another issue to deliberately do so.
That is the ugly reality of what you and your partner did in a vain effort to manufacture a fake family and imposter marriage.
I'm sure they'll provide a lovely home for a child.

You should be wishing them good will instead of being a turd.

But then again why should we expect anything else from you?

Location hidden

#203146 Jul 17, 2013
Just ME wrote:
The bible defines marriage between a man and a woman. Theres no bible that sways from that definition. Gay marriages may be legal now, but in most peoples eyes, youre all just perverted people living together. You may be able to legally be married, a privile given to you by humans... but in gods eyes youre detestable and unworthy of his approval. Youre all spitting on the one special arrangement he set for humanity to be enjoyed by a man and a woman. Lets see how well your marriage does on judgment day.
Oooooooh, I'm shaking in my boots over your imaginary Sky Santa and his "judgement day". Oooooooohhh.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#203147 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you could quote a legitimate social scientist who defines marriage as you do...

You can't. They do not exist. Your definition is contrived; a lie.

Please stop blatantly lying if you wish to be taken seriously.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203150 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Nice!

Location hidden

#203151 Jul 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
They deliberately deprived children of a mother.

But what does that matter to you, you damned the children.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203152 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to have believe in whichever book you want to in this country
but there are people legally married that donít believe in your little religion too.
and people of different religions that believe in many different gods and many different religious laws.
Your little book has nothing whatsoever to do with marriage and how it is defined under US Law
-You are free to have believe in whichever book you want to in this country

Gee thanks!

-but there are people legally married that donít believe in your little religion too.

Really? Duh.

-and people of different religions that believe in many different gods and many different religious laws.

WOW!

-Your little book has nothing whatsoever to do with marriage and how it is defined under US Law

His little book?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203153 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooooh, I'm shaking in my boots over your imaginary Sky Santa and his "judgement day". Oooooooohhh.
Drama queen.

Location hidden

#203154 Jul 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
She deliriously labors under the mistaken believe that her opinions mean something to me, you or to other gay people! I think in her head her repeatedly not using the word spouse or marriage in context with gays will just make the millions of gays everywhere go, "damn it, some of the fundies won't use the word marriage when they talk about our marriages. I guess we should just stop trying to get their approval and go back to not marrying."!!!!!!! Their imaginary self importance is hysterical!!

It's also so fun to watching her responses become more and more ugly. Speaks volumes!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203155 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...Their imaginary self importance is hysterical!!
Likewise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203156 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She deliriously labors...
Pah-leeze.

Location hidden

#203157 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
They deliberately deprived children of a mother.
Oooooh, all seeing fundie eye!!!

Believe me, the deprivation was very short lived. About a minute or two really. Once they realized the pay off was being endowed with two awesome fathers. Something that fundies like yourself deny your children. Why do you hate your children so?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But what does that matter to you, you damned the children.
Where exactly did Veryvermilion damn children? Whose children? Please provide the post number.

Thanks so much Kuntmare. Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Shooting Trial Delayed (Aug '13) 4 hr Another reader 13
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
Mead, the honey-based brew producing a real buzz 11 hr Donny B 4
Topix is Against the First Amendment 12 hr Brother O 12
US stocks start lower 21 hr Go Blue Forever 48
Complaints Against Google+ Mon Heres Johnny 90
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••