Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203129 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not marriages, and why? Because they are not recognized on the state or federal level, thank you for making my point.
But your point was that marriage is not dependent on what other people think. Thank you for making my point that it really is.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203130 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been giving nothing but your personal about how a marriage is defined, but you donít have the power or authority to define others marriages, your opinion is worthless, no one cares what you think.
Likewise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203131 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has given you the authority to define other peoples marriages, just who do you think you are?
Likewise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203132 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been giving nothing but your personal about how a marriage is defined, but you donít have the power or authority to define others marriages, your opinion is worthless, no one cares what you think.
A marriage IS a legal contract, whether you comprehend that fact or not makes no difference to the fact.
No one has given you the authority to define other peoples marriages, just who do you think you are?
Same sex couples are as married as you or I are, nothing you say will change that fact.
For someone who has declared this thread moot, you sure are moot.
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

#203133 Jul 17, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>"This is just the way young black boys handle their business and this is why there is so much violence around. "
Are you a member of the KKK in good standing?
Not a member of the KKK. Before you go too far out on the limb, did you know he didn't like your kind, he was a homophobe

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#203134 Jul 17, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in an adjacent neighborhood that is, but not the gated one he decided to pass through. It just so happened that a resident of the gated community saw Trayvon and decided to go investigate what he was up to, because George knew he didn't belong, anyone who wants to protect his HOOD would do this, I do the same. So go pound sand you loser. RIP Trayvon no more worries
Here is a map that might help you. It was not an adjacent neighborhood: http://globalgrind.com/news/trayvon-martin-sh...

Georgie made a mistake, he decided he didn't belong because of his skin tone. they both are stupid. And it seems you are too. let it rest. take your Zimmerman poster down, he's no hero.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#203135 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Social science defines the essence of marriage as a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Really, social science defines the essence of marriage this way? Exactly when did social science create this definition? Where is it recorded in the history of social science definitions? Does social science's definition supersede the states?

Please do educate the room dolt.
Just ME

Pleasanton, CA

#203136 Jul 17, 2013
The bible defines marriage between a man and a woman. Theres no bible that sways from that definition. Gay marriages may be legal now, but in most peoples eyes, youre all just perverted people living together. You may be able to legally be married, a privile given to you by humans... but in gods eyes youre detestable and unworthy of his approval. Youre all spitting on the one special arrangement he set for humanity to be enjoyed by a man and a woman. Lets see how well your marriage does on judgment day.

Location hidden

#203138 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing on Mother's Day YOU got the honors and not the woman who abandoned her children?
I'm sure that is what you are guessing. You seem to guess a lot of ugly things. Because you're an ugly person. Like most fundamentalist Christians.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203139 Jul 17, 2013
Just ME wrote:
The bible defines marriage between a man and a woman..
You are free to have believe in whichever book you want to in this country

but there are people legally married that donít believe in your little religion too.

and people of different religions that believe in many different gods and many different religious laws.

and people of no religion at all

Your little book has nothing whatsoever to do with marriage and how it is defined under US Law

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#203140 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
A marriage IS a legal contract, whether you comprehend that fact or not makes no difference to the fact.
Same sex couples are as married as you or I are, nothing you say will change that fact.
Wrong. I have given the social science essence of marriage. That is why you have no defense for it.

All of the things I listed are unchangeable realities that distinguish between SS couples and marriage.

SS couples are clearly NOT the same as marriage.

Location hidden

#203141 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, social science defines the essence of marriage this way? Exactly when did social science create this definition? Where is it recorded in the history of social science definitions? Does social science's definition supersede the states?
Please do educate the room dolt.
Look up human mating behavior.

Location hidden

#203142 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that is what you are guessing. You seem to guess a lot of ugly things. Because you're an ugly person. Like most fundamentalist Christians.
Smile.
It is an ugly reality isn't it?

It is one thing for a child to be deprived of their mother by accident. It is wholly another issue to deliberately do so.

That is the ugly reality of what you and your partner did in a vain effort to manufacture a fake family and imposter marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203143 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I have given the social science essence of marriage. That is why you have no defense for it.
All of the things I listed are unchangeable realities that distinguish between SS couples and marriage.
Wrong you have given nothing but your personal opinion of the definition of marriage for everyone else. But you are not going to define mine, you donít have enough sense to define anything for anyone.

Here is a reality for you that you have not comprehended yet

A marriage is a legal contract, and same sex marriages are legally recognized by both the state and federal governments.

They clearly are a marriage whether you like it or not, as the contract is legally valid, and there is nothing whatsoever you can say to change that.

You lost, they won, get over it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203144 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up human mating behavior.
There is no requirement with regard to mating behavior for a marriage license.

Look it up, and then go find another argument that we will rip to shreds.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#203145 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an ugly reality isn't it?
It is one thing for a child to be deprived of their mother by accident. It is wholly another issue to deliberately do so.
That is the ugly reality of what you and your partner did in a vain effort to manufacture a fake family and imposter marriage.
I'm sure they'll provide a lovely home for a child.

You should be wishing them good will instead of being a turd.

But then again why should we expect anything else from you?

Location hidden

#203146 Jul 17, 2013
Just ME wrote:
The bible defines marriage between a man and a woman. Theres no bible that sways from that definition. Gay marriages may be legal now, but in most peoples eyes, youre all just perverted people living together. You may be able to legally be married, a privile given to you by humans... but in gods eyes youre detestable and unworthy of his approval. Youre all spitting on the one special arrangement he set for humanity to be enjoyed by a man and a woman. Lets see how well your marriage does on judgment day.
Oooooooh, I'm shaking in my boots over your imaginary Sky Santa and his "judgement day". Oooooooohhh.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#203147 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you could quote a legitimate social scientist who defines marriage as you do...

You can't. They do not exist. Your definition is contrived; a lie.

Please stop blatantly lying if you wish to be taken seriously.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203150 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Nice!

Location hidden

#203151 Jul 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure they'll provide a lovely home for a child.
You should be wishing them good will instead of being a turd.
But then again why should we expect anything else from you?
They deliberately deprived children of a mother.

But what does that matter to you, you damned the children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 4 hr Big Red 35
Which cheap and legit site to buy fifa 15 coins? 15 hr alex 3
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 24 yes call me 09864... 376
'Hybrid' store displays new plans (Jun '07) Dec 23 Silver Blade 4
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Dec 21 WhyWait 36
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA Dec 21 D mann 1
Police Blotter: Porch package snatcher arrested... Dec 21 One way or another 5

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto