Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
175,141 - 175,160 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 30 min ago
Kinda

Monrovia, CA

#201820 Jul 12, 2013
Kinda folksiest don't ya think
Ivan Boutnikoff

Sonoma, CA

#201821 Jul 12, 2013
I don't get it, you don't get it...this is all a distraction from the facts. THEY are here. The Morons from Outer Space are running the country and succeeding in making the country a one-horse hate filled theocracy. The Reichspublicans, as the otherposter so aptly named them, will succeed in stopping ALL social programs and closing medicare, retirement of any kind, social security, borders, hospitals, libraries, theatres, schools and colleges and lunch rooms for starving babies. They will then reopen these venues as a for profit shops, with all profits going to underwrite wars in sandy places that nobody cares about except the Morons from Outer Space.
THEY ARE HERE!
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#201822 Jul 12, 2013
Fearless Contrarian wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Rock Hudson- I should have also mentioned that while primal instincts play a strong role in guiding or regulating behavior, humans are not completely govern by them. Since complex psychological factors play an equally influential role in driving behavior, people can and often do go against their innate impulses or inhibitions. Those that do behave contrary to their evolutionary instincts and deviate from nature’s imperative are an extreme minority. If deviant sexual preferences were to be normalized through socialization, the genetic progression and continuity of the human race would be threatened. Thus to preserve the propagation, diversity, and health of future generations, society should be very cautious to promote anti-evolutionary sexual behavior (e.g. homosexuality) as a normal alternative lifestyle to heterosexuality.
Have a good weekend!
All Bigoted Gobbledygook...Your 'explanation' seems to ignore the fact that homosexuality has been documented to naturally occur in over a 1000 species. What IS unnatural is promotion of bigotry, something you seem to be doing quite well. You might want to consider natures ability to counter the effects of overpopulation, but obviously that concept escapes you.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#201823 Jul 12, 2013
Ivan Boutnikoff wrote:
I don't get it, you don't get it...this is all a distraction from the facts. THEY are here. The Morons from Outer Space are running the country and succeeding in making the country a one-horse hate filled theocracy. The Reichspublicans, as the otherposter so aptly named them, will succeed in stopping ALL social programs and closing medicare, retirement of any kind, social security, borders, hospitals, libraries, theatres, schools and colleges and lunch rooms for starving babies. They will then reopen these venues as a for profit shops, with all profits going to underwrite wars in sandy places that nobody cares about except the Morons from Outer Space.
THEY ARE HERE!
That's exactly why you need to become more politically active and vote.
mom at hooooome

Sonoma, CA

#201824 Jul 12, 2013
that is no good as they own the whole thing what counts the votes and it counts just what they want. in my town there is 42,000 reg voters and always 47,825 vote for the platform they alone set up. just tell them you believe in god and war and no taxes for the rich and you wont be too bothered.
Jetsons

Monrovia, CA

#201825 Jul 12, 2013
Only if your name is JACK and your last name is ASTRO.
JohnnyO

Santa Clara, CA

#201826 Jul 12, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly why you need to become more politically active and vote.
VOTE? Didn't we vote for prop 8 twice? LOL What a "F"ing Joke.
I say if man can marry man. Then I want to be able to marry my neighbors 14 year old daughter. We Love each other. So That should be enough. Who cares what you think. No need to vote. Just have a judge make it happen.
SandStone

Monrovia, CA

#201827 Jul 12, 2013
July 2013

Watching House Republicans in action brings to mind the joke Woody Allen used, about two elderly women at a up state resort.

Boy, the food at this place is really terrible.

Yeah, says the other, And such small portions.

Meaning the Republicans are terrible and they give the American public such small returns for supporting them.

The Republican, GOP, RNC and Tea Party need to be put to be and never to be returned to the political floor of any government body in the USA.

We can replace four bad political bodies with one new one, we will call it rock.

July 2013
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#201828 Jul 12, 2013
JohnnyO wrote:
<quoted text>
I say if man can marry man. Then I want to be able to marry my neighbors 14 year old daughter. We Love each other. So That should be enough. Who cares what you think. No need to vote. Just have a judge make it happen.
a good example that it's questionable if self absorbed idiot is even capable of voting for the common good.
Damage

Monrovia, CA

#201831 Jul 12, 2013
July 2013

Dougie of he Glendora, California city council maybe suffering from this?

http://www.activebeat.com/your-health/10-tell...
Frankie Rizzo

Atlanta, GA

#201832 Jul 12, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>why is this so hard for you to get..
You said hard.

I like it. I like it hard. Don't tell the others.
Achtung Brucie

UK

#201833 Jul 12, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ich meinte, dass 'Sie ihm erzählen', und 'kicken seinen Esel. meine Entschuldigungen.
Ich verstand.

Ich frage mich, ob sie klug genug zu erkennen, sie ist sogar noch schlimmer sind verspottet bist?
Frankie Rizzo

Atlanta, GA

#201834 Jul 12, 2013
I once had a lover named Bruno.
He hailed from a place called Juneau.
He kept buying me drinks.
And telling me 'bout his kinks.
So I bedded him down and well...you know!
just wondering

UK

#201835 Jul 12, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>be careful wishing for civil rights to be up for a vote... cause the next vote might just be to take one of yours
You mean, as in the way activist judges and SCROTUS (pardon the redundancy) threw out the votes of Prop 8 twice?

Are you gloating at those Communist actions, by the way?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201836 Jul 12, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I reached the same conclusion. Sad really.
Aw, it's not sad, Big D has a life outside Topix, sort of.

Don't be so mean to him. Sure he's a condescending jackass but you are too!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201837 Jul 12, 2013
Ivan Boutnikoff wrote:
THEY ARE HERE!
http://www.hark.com/clips/ylynrywxln-cuckoo-c...

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#201838 Jul 12, 2013
JohnnyO wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the problem with your little vote (a.k.a.,popularity poll):

It is fundamentally wrong to deny rights to others by taking a vote. Laws are not enacted by popular votes; they're enacted by politicians who are voted into office. Politicians have to weight the matter based on legal and moral considerations.

Judges aren't "making laws happen"; they're ruling on matters which are illegal (like using a popular vote to deliberately deny rights to LGBT people).

You should be thankful that someone hasn't voted to deny marriage to internet trolls with tiny schwanzes. I, personally, don't think that internet trolls with tiny schwanzes should be allowed to breed. Thankfully, for you, we didn't get to vote on that.
Frankie Rizzo

Atlanta, GA

#201840 Jul 12, 2013
A little something I put together for my fans.
SUNG TO YOUR SONG BY ELTON JOHN

It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily ride
I've only got one dildo, But boy if I had more
I'd ride them all night cause I'm quite the man-whore.

If I was a girlie, but then again, no
or a trannie who does busstops in Colorodo
I know I'm not much, but I am what I am
My gift is my hole, and this one's for you.

And you can tell everybody, my hole is for sale
It may be quite ridden, but it's far from done
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I spread it real wide.
How wonderful my bunghole is, when Bruno's standing by.

I sat on his schlong, and kicked of my sox,
Well a few inches more and, it's now really hot
But people are unkind, and tell us we're wrong
It's for people like them, that I stay turned on.

So excuse me for bragging, but these things I do
You see I've forgotten, if I'm riding one or two.
Anyway the thing is, what I really mean
Bruno's tiny dick is, the ugliest I've seen.

But you can tell everybody, it's still the one for me.
I may be quite simple, but now I can't wee.
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I want it back in.
how wonderful life is, when I live in sin.

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I put Bruno up there.
How honestly I be, to say it just feels like air.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201841 Jul 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I once had a lover named Bruno.
He hailed from a place called Juneau.
He kept buying me drinks.
And telling me 'bout his kinks.
So I bedded him down and well...you know!
Wow! A gay Frankie Rizzo! Cool! Hi how are you?

I'm Frankie Rizzo too. Just like you. Except straight.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201842 Jul 12, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I, personally, don't think that internet trolls with tiny schwanzes should be allowed to breed.
Hater.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apple, Google antitrust hiring accord rejected 2 hr Hawks Rock 9
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 2 hr Hawks Rock 27
Beam me up Scottie 3 hr guest 123
Complaints Against Google+ 3 hr Family Man 81
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr Macko mono 5,000
Neil Young files for divorce from Pegi Young 18 hr Lightning Linda 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Tank ever 7,926
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search