Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#201471 Jul 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
One idiotic, angry gay twirled lie after another.
The highest purpose of marriage is a healthy safe place to raise biological children. The primary rights and privileges were originally established for mothers and children. Not for two grown men like you and your partner to use and abuse. Man up!
Another statement only a gay would make. Any sane, compassionate person knows children prefer mom and dad.
The rest is too stupid to waste time with.
Sure they do, preacher man. Esp if the mother's a junkie ho and the father's a child molester.
laughing man

UK

#201472 Jul 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you complain he's always bringing up religion, Big D will claim he didn't bring it up. Someone else did.
They are slightly wishy-washy old biddies, eh?

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#201473 Jul 10, 2013
Fearless Contrarian wrote:
<quoted text>
Would Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. have supported the LGBTQ -rights movement?
Today’s prominent gay rights activists compare the marriage equality struggle with the American civil rights racial equality movement of the mid-twentieth century. But would the most revered American icon of the early civil rights movement, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. have supported a massive push to redefine marriage?
While, it’s impossible to know for sure what side of the fence Martin Luther King would have been on, as an ordained Christian Baptist minister with a doctorate in theology, and former president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, it stands to reason that King would have championed the word of God.
The Judeo-Christian beliefs and principles that inspired and spurred Martin Luther King, Jr. to heroic feats, valor, and selfless sacrifice are now looked upon with derision, and disdain by the very same people who paradoxically honor him on the third Monday of January, and in significant places such as the monumental memorial in Washington, D.C.
In 1964, Martin Luther King, Jr. was asked in “Face the Nation,” whether his organization had ties to communist elements. His response was as follows,“communism is based on an ethical relativism and a metaphysical materialism...that I could never accept." (see link below)
King’s uncompromising rejection of “ethical relativism” provides compelling reason to believe he would not have supported a form of marriage that violates God’s will. Now whether King would have taken an active stance against non-traditional marriage is another question.
If King would have actively opposed it, he most likely would have urged his Christian brethren to promote morality, spiritual truth, and religious freedom through courageous and peaceful protest.
Had this beloved American hero lived to see his dream realized, he would have been grateful to God for the significant strides we- as a nation- have made to end racial bigotry, yet appalled by the intense religious bigotry that plagues our country.
Source: <http://www.youtube.com/wat ch?v=1oZWPMKikhMXX>
His widow sure did.

"Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood" - Coretta Scott King
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coretta_Scott_Ki...
Peacock Watch

UK

#201474 Jul 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your acceptance is exactly that important... zero :)
Every last stinking Caligula on this site craves my crotch.
laughing man

UK

#201475 Jul 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Just back from Chik-fil-A.
Mmmmm Good!
Good bird!

Don't care for those waffle fries (they're like McDonald's - they get cold too quick.)
Parer or plastic

Monrovia, CA

#201476 Jul 10, 2013
Fudge Cackles are better.
laughing man

UK

#201479 Jul 10, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Good bird!
Don't care for those waffle fries (they're like McDonald's - they get cold too quick.)
Only two negative sets of smilies in 5 minutes?

You limp wristers are so weak. I'm beginning to think that the SCROTUS gave you the "Sympathy for Granpa" style vote, or it's how they waited until you're old and frail before finally giving you that Oscar.
laughing man

UK

#201480 Jul 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But Chik-fil-A is now gay friendly! Try the new chicken reach around wrap. And the new fudge packing brownie.
DAYum!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#201483 Jul 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they do, preacher man. Esp if the mother's a junkie ho and the father's a child molester.
Please blonde, abusive exceptions are more prevalent in default family situations. Do you really want to go there???
Snout

Monrovia, CA

#201488 Jul 10, 2013
In a China porker's eye.

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#201499 Jul 10, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
oh and to the bigots and christain talibangelicals on here the supreme court ruled against you... what a shame
That's one reason I stick around, I like reading their little tantrums.
:D

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#201500 Jul 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please blonde, abusive exceptions are more prevalent in default family situations. Do you really want to go there???
You're an ash blonde, Kirschmann.
Touchie

Monrovia, CA

#201505 Jul 10, 2013
Hay SPINNER, take a break and glue your sparklers back in place.

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#201511 Jul 10, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>what ever married men get tired of there wives... just a fact
That's true. And if you think about it, some of them bring the institution of marriage more into disrepute than any gay couple.
Volume ups

Monrovia, CA

#201517 Jul 10, 2013
Is that tinkle or twinkle?

Turn the volume up so we can all hear?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#201519 Jul 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an ash blonde, Kirschmann.
That's an old jack ash.
Hypocrite Watch

UK

#201532 Jul 10, 2013
"to the bigots and christain talibangelicals "

But above all, the butt pluggers want respect.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#201540 Jul 10, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION:
Good translations!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#201546 Jul 10, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Purple shower curtains, and burnt spoons.....What a mix ....
TRANSLATION: Meth
Filled

Monrovia, CA

#201552 Jul 10, 2013
How is that bunson burner stove working?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Google Wants to Search Your ... Bloodstream? 55 min Spotted Girl 5
Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay' 1 hr NorCal Native 18
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) 22 hr HOUSEMD 109
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Wed maryjaneprincton 10
UPDATE 1-Vivus says erectile dysfunction drug m... (Sep '12) Tue kamilbrown 19
Cupertino Makes Top 10 List of Smartest Suburbs Oct 28 professorpat 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Oct 26 AmandaElise 129

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match