Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
174,961 - 174,980 of 200,327 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I imagine they would need support. Perhaps if you weren't so busy using them as a red herring, you could actually support them with some of your time. Seems though that you are just interested in using them to try further other agendas that you are incapable of defending without deception. Typical behavior of your ilk.
Seems like you and your "ilk" want to keep all the marriage equality for yourselves.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You think they are second class citizens? Bring your religious crap to our children’s public schools and I will have you arrested.
Now THERE is second class citizen status :)
For the gazillionth time, I care less for religion. I always play you on your home turf.

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

free at last, free at last thankx gawd awlmytee weuns neerlee free at last!!!
http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season11/m...
frig my lifes
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
For the gazillionth time, I care less for religion. I always play you on your home turf.
Your acceptance is exactly that important... zero :)
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax power ranger. No need to arrest anyone. Too funny!
Oh just wanted them to know exactly what second class is :)

I love these terms they throw around, as if their opinion actually means anything to anyone.

It doesn’t, any more than yours or mine does
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get right down to it, if it's not about acceptance what is it about? If it is not about acceptance why wouldn't a simple contract or a civil union do? Why marriage?
It's all about acceptance dummy. And that's OK. When we accept people who are different the world is a better place.
I accept that same sex people want to marry each other. It's OK with me. Marriage is good for society. All marriages of consenting adults.
Marriage. There is no one right way.
Governmental acceptance and equality, legal acceptance, that is exactly what it is about, and now they have federal recognition of same sex marriage for any state that recognizes them, and state recognition in California.

A double victory

I am sure they could care less what a bunch of backwards people accept or don’t accept, they are just meaningless personal opinions.

It was a fight for legal acceptance, and a double victory for them.

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Just back from Chik-fil-A.
Mmmmm Good!
*nod*
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
frig my lifes!

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did? And what did he say? Did he provide you with medical research that the act itself was inherently unhealthy? Will you be sharing his response? I mean, since you brought up that you asked him and all.
He had trouble talking after recovering from throat cancer from oral sex.

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughing....
Laughing....
laughing....
@ Jonah1
TRANSLATION: We are all laughing at Jonah1
Kay

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

California votes two times regarding this matter and yet it is overturned. Do votes count, why vote? It is no different if the situation was reversed the other way. Again why vote?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>said jerry sandusky at his trial.
Great point!

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, after three years of whining and yammering with your "mutually sterile, redumbdant, cross-cultural constraint" boo-shit, this is all you have? An oxymoron?
Please stop pummeling me with your blistering comebacks. I fear I'll have to seek therapy.
No oxy, that one is just a moron.

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
One idiotic, angry gay twirled lie after another.
The highest purpose of marriage is a healthy safe place to raise biological children. The primary rights and privileges were originally established for mothers and children. Not for two grown men like you and your partner to use and abuse. Man up!
Another statement only a gay would make. Any sane, compassionate person knows children prefer mom and dad.
The rest is too stupid to waste time with.
Sure they do, preacher man. Esp if the mother's a junkie ho and the father's a child molester.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you complain he's always bringing up religion, Big D will claim he didn't bring it up. Someone else did.
They are slightly wishy-washy old biddies, eh?

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Fearless Contrarian wrote:
<quoted text>
Would Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. have supported the LGBTQ -rights movement?
Today’s prominent gay rights activists compare the marriage equality struggle with the American civil rights racial equality movement of the mid-twentieth century. But would the most revered American icon of the early civil rights movement, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. have supported a massive push to redefine marriage?
While, it’s impossible to know for sure what side of the fence Martin Luther King would have been on, as an ordained Christian Baptist minister with a doctorate in theology, and former president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, it stands to reason that King would have championed the word of God.
The Judeo-Christian beliefs and principles that inspired and spurred Martin Luther King, Jr. to heroic feats, valor, and selfless sacrifice are now looked upon with derision, and disdain by the very same people who paradoxically honor him on the third Monday of January, and in significant places such as the monumental memorial in Washington, D.C.
In 1964, Martin Luther King, Jr. was asked in “Face the Nation,” whether his organization had ties to communist elements. His response was as follows,“communism is based on an ethical relativism and a metaphysical materialism...that I could never accept." (see link below)
King’s uncompromising rejection of “ethical relativism” provides compelling reason to believe he would not have supported a form of marriage that violates God’s will. Now whether King would have taken an active stance against non-traditional marriage is another question.
If King would have actively opposed it, he most likely would have urged his Christian brethren to promote morality, spiritual truth, and religious freedom through courageous and peaceful protest.
Had this beloved American hero lived to see his dream realized, he would have been grateful to God for the significant strides we- as a nation- have made to end racial bigotry, yet appalled by the intense religious bigotry that plagues our country.
Source: < https://www.youtube.com/watch... ;
His widow sure did.

"Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood" - Coretta Scott King
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coretta_Scott_Ki...
Peacock Watch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your acceptance is exactly that important... zero :)
Every last stinking Caligula on this site craves my crotch.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Just back from Chik-fil-A.
Mmmmm Good!
Good bird!

Don't care for those waffle fries (they're like McDonald's - they get cold too quick.)
Parer or plastic

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Fudge Cackles are better.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Good bird!
Don't care for those waffle fries (they're like McDonald's - they get cold too quick.)
Only two negative sets of smilies in 5 minutes?

You limp wristers are so weak. I'm beginning to think that the SCROTUS gave you the "Sympathy for Granpa" style vote, or it's how they waited until you're old and frail before finally giving you that Oscar.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But Chik-fil-A is now gay friendly! Try the new chicken reach around wrap. And the new fudge packing brownie.
DAYum!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE