Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,936

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201133 Jul 9, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww ... you mad Frizzo?
Don't try to make up to me now Bruno just because you're horny.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#201134 Jul 9, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The original Jonah and the Ark?
LOL!!! Is that the same ark that you claimed penguins flew to?
The myth of the ark was NOAH, not Jonah you moron.
I knew you would catch that you fruit, being you are a believer and teacher of the bible. What a nice biblical name ... Jonah

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#201135 Jul 9, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have theories that have basis in factual information with portions missing. You have a fairy tale.
Big difference.
You seem to project a sense of superiority when pretending to know the answers. I notice there is a lot of mocking that goes on by your posts. Most people aren't vegetarians yet probably have a vegetarian friend. But of these meat eaters, how many go out of their way to belittle the beliefs of the vegetarians? How many put up status messages in hopes of putting down vegetarians? It simply doesn't happen. Christians do post things such as inspirational passages. I can't say that isn't done. They may even go as far as asking non believers to just take a look into the Bible sometime or to go to a service. But I just don't see anything mocking or attempts to belittle. That seems to be something that only atheists do. It just screams of insecurity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201136 Jul 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, I felt that bitchslap from way over here.
Jonah1 is always lots of fun.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#201137 Jul 9, 2013
Fearless Contrarian wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really cared about your gay brethren, then the least you could do is stop propagating the lie that AIDS/HIV is an “equal-opportunity” virus; because it’s not.
Really? Well then, please present the peer reviewed research that concludes that the virus is capable of identifying the sexual orientation of the host, and that the virus prefers one sexual orientation over another.

We'll wait anxiously for you to present that.

Location hidden

#201138 Jul 9, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would catch that you fruit, being you are a believer and teacher of the bible. What a nice biblical name ... Jonah
Sorry Bruno, but I don't believe in the fairy tales in the Christian bible. I also don't believe that penguins can fly. But I'm glad you like the name. Thank you. You can pretend I chose it for you if it makes you feel better hon.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201139 Jul 9, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonah's Ark. What a moron.
little tonya tu twott

Petaluma, CA

#201140 Jul 9, 2013
The big old question is now answered by the bible study which shows that there are coded references in the bible which have been now been in significant part deciphered and which show us what some things really mean. The one that is valid here is the over used : "Do unto others as you would"...the remainder is well known. What is not as well known is that this actually means, when the appropriate codex is applied to translate, that " do unto others thus, use well that forbidden portal of thine conquest's body, make them them come to want this use and find from it the power unto themselves to so do unto others". There is more having to do, we now believe, with some kind of conqueror's birth control.

Location hidden

#201141 Jul 9, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to project a sense of superiority when pretending to know the answers.
And you seem to be an agitated POS.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice there is a lot of mocking that goes on by your posts.
Well, then I guess you aren't as stupid as I originally pegged you for. My posts are also peppered with a little sass, were you able to catch that too?
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people aren't vegetarians yet probably have a vegetarian friend. But of these meat eaters, how many go out of their way to belittle the beliefs of the vegetarians?
Depends. How many of the vegetarians are trying to legislate how the meat eaters live? How many of the vegetarians are spreading misinformation about the meat eaters? How many of the vegetarians are belittling the meat eaters by mocking referring to their beliefs as goo? How many of the vegetarians are telling others that sandwiches with meat are inherently bad?
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
How many put up status messages in hopes of putting down vegetarians?
Depends on how many of the sanctimonious vegetarians have tried to pretend they are superior to the meat eaters.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
It simply doesn't happen.
And yet here you are pretending it does, asking questions about it.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians do post things such as inspirational passages. I can't say that isn't done. They may even go as far as asking non believers to just take a look into the Bible sometime or to go to a service. But I just don't see anything mocking or attempts to belittle.
Then you have your eyes closed on an ongoing basis.

Would you like me to go through this string and find you examples of the fine Christians pretending that their god is going to send gays to hell? Where these fine Christians pretend their buybull is a weapon they can hurl against gays? How about the fine Christians that belittle science and childishly sneer alternative creation theories? How about the fine Christians that think and state that it is their right to determine how others live, who they will love, and who they can marry? How about the fine Christians that think its fully ok to supersede the Constitution and govern according to their book of myths? I'd be happy to do that you sanctimonious POS. It will only take a moment. Let me know.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be something that only atheists do.
It only seems that way to you. Please go try your self persecution routine in another forum. No one's buying it here.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
It just screams of insecurity.
The only one screaming of insecurity in this exchange is you.
observer

Clearlake, CA

#201142 Jul 9, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...thanks for proving me right. You are very creepy.
Lol
You got that right. Rude, presumptuous and insulting as well.
however, You can feel better knowing this.
It must be a horror for he/she to wake up every morning and realize that he/she is still he/she.
What a horror of a person. wow!!!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#201143 Jul 9, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
good morning christards...
Poor pathetic loser. That is how you start and end your day. Not much left huh?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#201144 Jul 9, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you seem to be an agitated POS.
<quoted text>
Well, then I guess you aren't as stupid as I originally pegged you for. My posts are also peppered with a little sass, were you able to catch that too?
<quoted text>
Depends. How many of the vegetarians are trying to legislate how the meat eaters live? How many of the vegetarians are spreading misinformation about the meat eaters? How many of the vegetarians are belittling the meat eaters by mocking referring to their beliefs as goo? How many of the vegetarians are telling others that sandwiches with meat are inherently bad?
<quoted text>
Depends on how many of the sanctimonious vegetarians have tried to pretend they are superior to the meat eaters.
<quoted text>
And yet here you are pretending it does, asking questions about it.
<quoted text>
Then you have your eyes closed on an ongoing basis.
Would you like me to go through this string and find you examples of the fine Christians pretending that their god is going to send gays to hell? Where these fine Christians pretend their buybull is a weapon they can hurl against gays? How about the fine Christians that belittle science and childishly sneer alternative creation theories? How about the fine Christians that think and state that it is their right to determine how others live, who they will love, and who they can marry? How about the fine Christians that think its fully ok to supersede the Constitution and govern according to their book of myths? I'd be happy to do that you sanctimonious POS. It will only take a moment. Let me know.
<quoted text>
It only seems that way to you. Please go try your self persecution routine in another forum. No one's buying it here.
<quoted text>
The only one screaming of insecurity in this exchange is you.
Jonah1 screamed, insecurely.
laughing man

UK

#201145 Jul 9, 2013
Jonah Bologna seems a little late changing its tampoon.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#201146 Jul 9, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>Then you have your eyes closed on an ongoing basis.
You can only truly believe what they believe with them held firmly shut, and fingers pushed into their ears singing LA LA LA LA! as loudly as they can.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#201147 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Dusty Mangina- Just because reality doesn't fit your political or ideological world view doesn't make it untrue. The reason gays are tragically contracting AIDS/HIV at an alarming rate is because unconscionable people like you continue to mythicize its existence among the gay community to advance the LGBT agenda. If you really cared about your gay brethren, then the least you could do is stop propagating the lie that AIDS/HIV is an “equal-opportunity” virus; because it’s not. And if you’re a real gay advocate, you’d face up to that fact.
with your "idea" then ALL gay men and ALL lesbian women would be born with HIV. we all know that's just not the case. if you really cared about humanity, you'd be teaching people how not to be exposed to the virus, no matter their gender or orientation. if you could only face the fact that the HIV germs don't have a "gay gene" in it's DNA that selectively attacks only gay or lesbian people. it attacks anyone that's exposed to it. period.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#201148 Jul 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold the angry ad hominem. The size of my d!ck is irrelevant pervert.
Your knee jerked, you classified me as a dreaded pew warmer because you haven't read or comprehended my posts but you have the balls to say my memory is short.
Priceless.
Do not blame me for you being inconsistent and contradictory while playing mind games. I have a message that Christians need to hear and come to grips with. I do not have time to play "What does Frankie Rizzo Believe today?" Grow up and say what you mean or I am not interested in wasting my time.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#201150 Jul 9, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Throughout the Bible, the concept of a "fool" is equated with one who denies the existence of God or His role in man's life. Back at YOU roasting.
At least your dishonesty, deceitfulness and deceptiveness is consistent. You called someone a fool and Jesus warns that he who says, "Thou fool" is in danger of a permanent vacation is a very hot place.

Dance around this all you want it will do you no good. Everyone in here has seen your post where you said, fool, and every one has seen my copy and paste of Jesus' warning. End of story.

But, however, and, when Gay people refuse to acknowledge those 6 mistranslated hate filled anti-gay verses what do you do? If gays do what you just did we'd never hear the end of it. That makes you the most despicable of a human being. An abomination.

How do you live with your self?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#201153 Jul 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Say hello to my ISP. I live on the bay.
You call spending all day with gay people whom you harass and put down and insult living?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#201155 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Dusty Mangina- Just because reality doesn't fit your political or ideological world view doesn't make it untrue. The reason gays are tragically contracting AIDS/HIV at an alarming rate is because unconscionable people like you continue to mythicize its existence among the gay community to advance the LGBT agenda. If you really cared about your gay brethren, then the least you could do is stop propagating the lie that AIDS/HIV is an “equal-opportunity” virus; because it’s not. And if you’re a real gay advocate, you’d face up to that fact.
I haven't created any myths about HIV; in fact I've been very forthright about it. You're either not listening, or deliberately twisting what I've said.

Please provide the medical science which supports your claim that the HIV virus is pre-programmed to attack gay men more than anyone else in the general population. Is the cell wall in a woman's colon different from the cell wall in a man's colon? Is there a genetic trait where the HIV virus essentially says "wait, hold on my friends, this isn't a gay man's colon at all; it belongs to a female"?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#201156 Jul 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>... here in America we have the right to discuss, and debate matters of public policy, whether it be taxes, budgets, and yes, how marriage s legally defined in this country..
What you do NOT have the right to do is what you and your fellow pew warmers do and that is pass laws making your personal opinions the law of the land which establishes Christianity as the religion of the USA.

That is wrong no matter how you dance around it claiming you have the right to force your beliefs down our throats. And it is your Christian beliefs that need to be examined and discussed so they can be seen for the nonsense that they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr patickthered 5,065
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr AZHIGHAZIAM 15,992
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 21 hr GOP bull 2,265
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) 21 hr Jesie 950
US stocks start lower Mon Go Blue Forever 17
Camden, TN. Topix Moderator (Aug '13) Sep 13 ladybee 16
Best Sushi in Palo Alto? Sep 12 Nigiri fan 1
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••