Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
174,221 - 174,240 of 200,551 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Illiterate Troofer wrote:
The Story of Lake KiMare, continued
(post #200304).....Of the two men in the boat, which one truly exhibited love and compassion? Both extended the olive branch. Both claimed they tried to help the boy. But one was a hypocrite, wearing only a mask of love while he beat the boy over and over with the olive branch.
Take off the mask. Open your eyes. Some people know how to swim. Let them swim, even if you hate swimming. Be there for them if they begin to drown. Extend olive branches in peace. Do not use them as weapons.
<quoted text>
Aah, but there was more to the story that you were not told. You were not the second man in the boat. You were a third man in another boat. Your boat sprung a leak and was taking on water. Like the others, you never learned to swim. The men in the other boat offered to save you also, but in your stubbornness you refused. You could not use your olive branch to save the boy because you were too busy using it in a desperate attempt to plug the hole in your own boat and save yourself. The moral of the story was to others who could still change their ways and learn to love others for who they are, even if they don't understand them.
Is there a second olive branch in your boat? What will you do with it?
It's the guru of Patton State, and it's spending time with US!

How kewl is that?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>ummm I was a straight student up until I left home
Then you met Jizzy and turned lesbian.
Vogue

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Fog horn break outs are in vogue now.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Lookit all the missing posts. Bad Jizzy! Bad!

YUK!YUK!YUK!
wtf

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>and now a small business owner tooo
and now a conservative because you will freak at how much of your money is stolen from you and given to worthless welfare recipients
Wiffie wtf

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Hay wtf, get the finger out of your nose and back in where it belongs.
Bob Finch

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Im not gay but my boyfriend is
Sparrow

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Denver Police officer Robert Motyka was shot amid a police chase in which one suspect was killed and four others were arrested.

Now, the Denver DA's Office has released one of this quartet but charged the other three Chuck Montoya, Jude Montoya and Michael Valdez with multiple counts of attempted first-degree murder and more.

Did Chuck Montoya go over tot he bad side of life?

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Sparrow wrote:
Did Chuck Montoya go over tot he bad side of life?
Yes my frend Chuck Montoya go over tot he bad side of life...I see our English lesson you didn't learn something from that. What I'm going have do for you to learning your own language? I have teach you how spell rode, now I don't knowing how I can help you...you need too much help my frend.
YeHauders

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mahmoud your country is on fire, please go back and put it out at once!

P.S. you have my permission to take any of your "YeHauder" relatives back with you and you can stay for as many years as you want.

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

YeHauders wrote:
Mahmoud your country is on fire, please go back and put it out at once!
P.S. you have my permission to take any of your "YeHauder" relatives back with you and you can stay for as many years as you want.
But my frend if I leave how your going learn English?? You forgot think about that didn't you HAHAHAHAHA
Shut fast

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Silly days and nights, it's legal so shut it up fast.
Billie Bojangulls

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

The Blessed reverend wants us to consider just what role Paula Dean's cooking has played in the Trayvon case, the Snowden case and all the other cases while we are at it. Do you sense a pattern here? Praise God!
Full speed

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Because of widespread public outrage and newspaper editorials, Gov. Jerry Brown retreated from his recent effort to diminish democratic governance by gutting our open-government and public-records access laws.
seriously people

Escondido, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

This has not one thing to do with "marriage". This has to do with MONEY. This has to do with a system that was set up to support non working stay home moms. This will speed the end of Medicare and Social security and grant citizenship and federal pensions to spouses who are not non working stay home mom's.

Don't even tell me about how they "just want to be recognized". Please. Get more attention for gay marriage now than hetero. Not a concern of mine except I feel for the elderly when the system crashes as millions of people inappropriately access it.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
She's even worse than you Bruno. She's a spun out post monkey! She'll self destruct soon, she always does. Unlike you who sticks around like a stain.
YUK!YUK!YUK! Bruno. What a jackass!
If I want any shit out of you I'll squeeze your head
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

seriously people wrote:
This has not one thing to do with "marriage". This has to do with MONEY. This has to do with a system that was set up to support non working stay home moms. This will speed the end of Medicare and Social security and grant citizenship and federal pensions to spouses who are not non working stay home mom's.
Don't even tell me about how they "just want to be recognized". Please. Get more attention for gay marriage now than hetero. Not a concern of mine except I feel for the elderly when the system crashes as millions of people inappropriately access it.
Yea right..You weren't all that outraged when it was MY money that was helping support your dead beat wife, just as long as I wasn't allowed to marry and give it to my spouse..Your bigoted privileged days are over POS.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
A fine example of your keenly-honed debating skills, artfully employed. Truly, your finesse is dizzying...
Thanks, you and the other moron deserve it..
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
If I want any shit out of you I'll squeeze your head
Calm down Bruno the only thing you'll be squeezing is your little pud.
Application

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

I thought they used Risen away on you frankie?

Maybe another application this time, but stronger.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
comment 3 hr Just Thinking 13
Google, Oracle Enlisted to Help Fix Obamacare Site (Nov '13) 3 hr Just Thinking 8
Complaints Against Google+ 3 hr Just Thinking 79
Border Agents Make Zero-Tolerance Zone (Aug '06) 3 hr Faith 47
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) 4 hr glasspilot 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mountain View, CA (Sep '10) 5 hr jhon 16
Gay marriage 5 hr jhon 1
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters