Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,701)

Showing posts 174,001 - 174,020 of199,113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Bob Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so happy thanks for all the well wishes in our future union of matrimony. I would have liked to of done this the Christian way, but sometimes the lure of the flesh is just too much for the spirit to handle. I love you Riccardo!!
That's why I'm registered to separate from you trolls. Why are you so scared bro?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the dish ran away with the spoon.
<quoted text>
Not believing in your beliefs is not intolerance. I've not stated you shouldn't be allowed to have your faith. I've not worked to have laws created that apply only to people of your faith. I've not done anything at all to deny you your right to freedom of religious expression. With that said, I'm under no obligation to express any sort of reverence for your deity or anyone else's. You can shove your intolerance accusation up your nose.
<quoted text>
Self created persecution is one of the most used commonalities of fundamentalists. You people love to pretend you're being persecuted for your faith. After all, your bible tells you that you will be rewarded for it, so of course you look for it everywhere.
<quoted text>
"prediction" LOL!!!!
I never said "Not believing in your beliefs" has anything to do with intolerance. Show me a post where I said that? Why do you lie so much? Constantly bashing and blaming those that do have deeper beliefs then your puddle of crud theory is intolerance. I'm not looking to be persecuted, I doubt too many others welcome it, I doubt the Catholic Priest beheaded in Syria (by some of Obama supported rebels) was looking for it. How should a True God reward him? Once again, Thanks proving the prediction from the Bible correct.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. By mentioning a place that someone else believes in, I am automatically in your mind, conveying a belief system of my own!! LOL!!! You are so stupid!!
Zeus, Pergatory, Frankie Rizzo's intelligence, Isis, procreation requirements, Limbo, Neptune.
So merely by typing these things, I now, in your mind, magically have conveyed a belief system in them?!! LOL!!!!
Seriously, you get stupider by the hour.
Yes. It's a very simple concept really. You tell someone to enjoy a place, you must think that place exists. Hope that helps. Always ask.

Remember! there are no stupid posts, only stupid posters such as yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Really, he is stuck in a repedative post, same crap with no substance. Hey are you his twinn?
Put your money where your big flapping mouth is Jizzy. I got money that says Kimare won't hold his breath till he passes out like you say he will. Put up or Shut Up!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
That seems to make you very happy Jizzy, Christianity is in the decline and Islam is gaining new believers.

Careful what you wish for! You're not gonna like it.
Raddiacal

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

July 03, 2013
A new tick-borne illness that looks and sounds like Lyme disease might have already infected some 100,000 New Yorkers.
July 03, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Stick yer head in the sand I don't care. Facts are facts.
Didn't work for you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to Iran...hear you would fit in there...Don't like freedom and equality GET OUT.....
Relax fruitloops.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is not president of Syria you moron.
No kidding. Perhaps you should tip off Ricardo. I was making fun of his post. Of course you didn't bother to follow the thread.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> cultural Christianity is, Christianity is not declining, but it is being clarified. You need to educate yourself on polls and how questions are worded. Christianity is growing worldwide, in America it's intolerance for people of faith that is growing, bigots like you. But such persecution should not be uncommon or a surprise to a Christian. Thanks proving the prediction from the Bible correct.
Well then, STOP WHINING ABOUT IT.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the new "Prime American Citizen": a 'married' negro muslim lesbian. With adopted kids.
Aw.......... does the little hillbilly feel left out..... aw
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The moron Rose Feratu gives us the arithmetic argument argument against poly marriage. These are the same people who ridicule any argument against SSM as dumb.
Is there any dumber argument than polygamists are asking for more than their fair share of equal protection??
Can polygamists get married? Who is the moron?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. Perhaps you should tip off Ricardo. I was making fun of his post. Of course you didn't bother to follow the thread.
Sure I did. I was just giving you a little dose of your own annoying medicine. I see it didn't taste good. That's what I intended Miss Thing. Stay tuned for more!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw.......... does the little hillbilly feel left out..... aw
Yeah, Jizzy just doesn't fit in anywhere.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, STOP WHINING ABOUT IT.
Yeah, I agree. Jizzy sure is a whiner!
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it Rock, why do they care? If the sole legal definition of marriage, a monogamous union of husband and wife, is, or has been discarded by a dozen states or so, why does it matter to them if it is further redefined, or changed?
So.... there are no more monogamous hetero couples getting married, eh? Black and white thinking is your downfall.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Well folks, it's been fun. This thread is dead. Gay marriage has resumed in California.

nah nah nah nah nah.
Pizzon Guards

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Inmates in St Louis have revealed that they were forced to fight each other in order to entertain prison guards.

Five guards were named in the suit and they were said to be the ones who forced inmates to fight in 'gladiator-style combat'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23535...

Only stupid in America - July 2013
Fearless Contrarian

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
marriage is biologically natural and universal? LOL!!! There a lot of bunny rabbit weddings happening in your trailer park? Turtle weddings?
<quoted text>
Gee, and yet with ALL the numerous people supporting your side, not one of them has been able to establish 1 negative social impact, not 1 economic impact, not one health impact, and not one evolutionary consequence. NOT ONE.
Perhaps you can be the celebrity de jour for your kind. Please Fearless Contrarian, please present us with the Top 5 of these impacts and consequences.
Here are some secular arguments against homosexuality, which is a behavior and therefore can be learned and adopted through the process of indoctrination (e.g. in schools), acculturation and socialization. Scientists have yet to prove that deviant/unnatural sexual behavior is congenital.

Normalizing homosexual behavior by legalizing same-sex marriage will have profound social, economic, health, and evolutionary consequences the like of which the world has never seen. Social scientists prognosticate the following implications and trends:

Homosexuality as the new norm: Through the process of socialization, and suppression of dissent, the next generation will come to believe that homosexuality is as an acceptable orientation and lifestyle. With the approval and encouragement of parents, teachers, social scientists, political leaders, and prominent cultural figures in the media, a growing proportion of the young population will adopt a homosexual lifestyle in pace with rising acceptance levels. This positive trend will result in an explosion of infertile couples in the United States.

Economic downturn: A substantial increase in infertile couples will cause the natural population growth in the United Stated states to collapse. That will adversely affect important factors that depend on steady population growth such as national consumption, GDP, Social Security and Medicare. With a diminished labor force (i.e. future population) to demand goods and services, aggregate supply will fall, gross domestic output will decline or grow very slowly, and the prolonged economic contraction will push the unemployment rate to stubbornly high recessionary levels until there is a counteracting economic force. A similar economic story has already unfolded in developed countries with declining populations such as Italy, Russia and Spain.

Public health: The greater preponderance of homosexual couples will lead to a rapid epidemic of HIV infection and AIDS, which is presently at higher prevalence among homosexual men. This nationwide health crisis will place further strain on family and government budgets, crowd out funding for essential public services, and reduce future standard of living for millions of citizens.

Massive social disorientation: Demand for surrogate mothers and adoption services will skyrocket from a rising population of infertile couples. A large number of people will grow up without any knowledge or emotional connection with their biological parents or ancestry, leading to intense feelings of estrangement, abandonment, rejection and lack of identity. Furthermore, the high demand for babies will create perverse incentives for criminous organizations throughout the globe to illegally traffic, trade, and commoditize children for profit.

The LGBT movement would like you to believe that same-sex marriage is only an issue concerning two people who love each other, but that is far from the truth. Redefining and diminishing a centuries-old social structure, such as traditional marriage, is a grand social experiment that will likely have devastating long-term social, economic, and health outcomes.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never said "Not believing in your beliefs" has anything to do with intolerance. Show me a post where I said that?
Did I say you said that? Nope, I sure didn't. Take a deep breath Ricky.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie so much?
I haven't lied yet Ricky.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Constantly bashing and blaming those that do have deeper beliefs then your puddle of crud theory is intolerance.
I've also never mentioned a puddle of crud theory either Ricky. Not once. Please stop accusing me of things I haven' done. But then, if you stuck with what I've actually said, rather than what you wish I had said, you wouldn't be able to play your persecution card.

Oh, and we will discard your "deeper" beliefs nonsense, since my beliefs are every bit as deep as yours. Stop pretending your beliefs make you special. They don't.

And finally, please feel free to support your accusation by demonstrating where I have "blamed" you for something. Oh, and let's see some of this "bashing" you refer to. Let's see some post numbers you big drama queen.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking to be persecuted, I doubt too many others welcome it, I doubt the Catholic Priest beheaded in Syria (by some of Obama supported rebels) was looking for it. How should a True God reward him? Once again, Thanks proving the prediction from the Bible correct.
And the dish ran away with the spoon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 174,001 - 174,020 of199,113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Pack coal in deep 7,328
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Hole 15,676
Earth's extinction rate highly exaggerated: Study Apr 21 FACT 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Apr 19 Drafty 4,559
Massive Octopus kite at Shoreline (Jun '08) Apr 17 Charlie 5
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Apr 15 Matthew Perri 27
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••