Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199218 Jun 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Jizzy. I'll match you- on topic pertinent posts, yours vs. mine. But the problem is you don't have any.
Right, you have not posted about the topic of this thread, ever.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199220 Jun 30, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Gawwwd everything you post is pure bull manure.
UN Projects 9.6 Billion People by 2050
Jun. 25, 2013 - The latest population projections issued by the United Nation earlier this month suggest that world population is on a faster growth path than previously projected. The UN now projects that world population will reach 7.2 billion next month, 9.6 billion by 2050 and 10.9 billion by 2100. That projection assumes, however, that access to family planning in developing countries will continue to expand and that fertility in the least developed countries will fall from 4.53 children per woman today to 2.87 by mid-century. Read More
When has the UN had anything honest or sensible to say? The idiot is you.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/futu...
world_population_may_actually_ start_declining_not_exploding. html

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#199221 Jun 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think they were wrong to base their decision in large on the 5th Amendment?
Please tell us all how they got it wrong.
And YAY! I can marry a dude! That's all we wanted and that's what we got.
We would have been happier if they had overturned DOMA altogether. That didn't happen. However, they have set a standard that's going to be awfully hard for states with DOMA written into their constitutions to maintain it.
Same-sex couples will go to apply for a marriage license. They will be denied. These couples will appeal any state's decision to try to enforce DOMA. They will go before a federal court. That's how states will be overturned--one by one.
I wasn't commenting on the DOMA decision. Damn you're ignorant.

Location hidden

#199222 Jun 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Who cares? Why compare the two in the first place? Never really understood why we continue to go down the road of offspring and mating.
It has nothing to do with legal marriage, whether the couples are male/female, male/male, or female/female.
Legal marriage is a contract between two people who tie their lives together through a legal process. Once completed, the legal contract provides the couple a set of privileges, protections, and benefits that supports the day-to-day needs of the couple.
IF the couple decides to have children via procreation or adoption, the marriage provides certain protections to them as well.
But as we have all agreed, marriage licenses are not granted based on the prerequisite that a couple will have offspring. Therefore, any discussion of children with regards to the legally binding contract between two adults (i.e. marriage) is pointless.
2.) People smoke cigarettes, they eat highly processed and fatty foods, they don't get enough exercise, they drive too fast, they play the stock market, etc... I could go on and list thousands of high risk behaviors that humans engage in.
But we don't live in a totalitarian country. The state doesn't dictate every, single, solitary movement we make.
We are free to engage in whatever behaviors--within certain limits--that we choose.
If you don't like that kind of life, then move to a place where the government makes every decision for you.
By the way, has it ever occurred to you that gay men don't have to be told how to have homosexual intercourse? We just do what comes natural. There isn't a guidebook filled with instructions that we pass around to one another before having sex. We know what we like. We know what we want to do.
I think that's one of the strongest arguments to the normalcy and naturalness of gay male sex.
Who cares if you think anal sex is risky. That's your opinion. You choose to live a life in which you allegedly don't engage in it. More power to you.
Now keep your nose out of other people's asses.
3.) YOU seem to be the one who discounts sexual activity unless it's done for the purposes of procreation. You and your "mutually sterile, blah, blah, blah..."
I, on the other hand, believe a person can have sex for any number of reasons. That is why gay sex is no better or worse than straight sex, and vice-versa.
I only point out the absurdity of your constant comments that same-sex couples are inherently defective since we do not procreate.
We don't have sex to procreate.
Not every single sexual act that you've had with your wife was for the purposes of procreation.
4.) If you don't like my witty, sometimes catty comments, then don't respond to them. It takes two to carry on a conversation.
Which brings us back to the fact that 'ss marriage' is an oxymoron.

A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

And you are full of sh/t and make ignorant, deceitful, idiotic statements and then lie about what you said.

And don't forget that the SCOTUS ruling has had not one single iota of effect on those facts.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199223 Jun 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
And you are full of sh/t and make ignorant, deceitful, idiotic statements and then lie about what you said.
And don't forget that the SCOTUS ruling has had not one single iota of effect on those facts.
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199224 Jun 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When has the UN had anything honest or sensible to say? The idiot is you.
http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/futu...
world_population_may_actually_ start_declining_not_exploding. html
Wrong again

How fast is the world's population growing?
The world's current growth rate is about 1.3%, representing a doubling time of 54 years. We can expect the world's population of approximately 6 billion to become 12 billion by 2054 if the current rate of growth continues. The world's growth rate peaked in the 1960s at 2% and a doubling time of 35 years.
For more information, visit my World Population and Population Geography categories of resources.

http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzwo...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199225 Jun 30, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Right, you have not posted about the topic of this thread, ever.
I'll take that as a "no".

As in no, you don't match on topic posts. Yours vs. mine. Because you have none and I have many. We understand, you're all hot air.

You're just mad because I hurt your feelings. But just get over it and cheer up! It's pride month! Have fun.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199226 Jun 30, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Does it say anything about impersonating other posters to the same end?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199227 Jun 30, 2013
This is rich. The biggest jackass trolls here, Bowser and Jizzy, get righteous about trolling. Priceless!

That's why I love you silly jackasses.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199228 Jun 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep spewing the same crap
"Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning."
Look if you don't like anal sex stop having it
Look if you feel demeaned when you have anal sex stop having it.
If you don't like the way SCOTUS ruled, leave the country.
I have yet to read in any link that you have given, where a doctor says that anal sex is demeaning, inherently harmful or unhealthy.
As with any sexual encounter, precautions should be used.
http://www.webmd.com/sex/anal-sex-health-conc...
please do read the rest and stop being stupid

Location hidden

#199229 Jun 30, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again
How fast is the world's population growing?
The world's current growth rate is about 1.3%, representing a doubling time of 54 years. We can expect the world's population of approximately 6 billion to become 12 billion by 2054 if the current rate of growth continues. The world's growth rate peaked in the 1960s at 2% and a doubling time of 35 years.
For more information, visit my World Population and Population Geography categories of resources.
http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzwo...
So the UN said 9 billion by 2050, now this site is saying 12 billion.

Quite a difference, maybe you need to check the sources???

Snicker.

Location hidden

#199230 Jun 30, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to read in any link that you have given, where a doctor says that anal sex is demeaning, inherently harmful or unhealthy.
Embarrassed?

Simply pointing out that the SCOTUS decision didn't change the vast and numerous distinctions between ss couples and marriage.

Did it?

Location hidden

#199231 Jun 30, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have posted anything not factual, prove it.

Otherwise face the facts and man up Browser!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199232 Jun 30, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy! I want to go off topic and talk about anal sex too!

So which precaution have you found to be the best Jizzy?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199233 Jun 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have posted anything not factual, prove it.
Otherwise face the facts and man up Browser!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199235 Jun 30, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy vey.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199236 Jun 30, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch Frankie troll....squawk! Squawk! Call people names...squawk! Really Frankie, I keep offering to engage in conversation but you continue to behave like this. It appears to be a lost cause. I know you will lash out at me again and call me a name. It's what you do. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself.
Bowser? From Sha Na Na? Sing us a song.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199237 Jun 30, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You calling anyone a bigot...Oh yea familiar little quip, unfortunately it doesn't work for Poly. You already have all the privileged rights of marriage, now you want more! That's problem with Poly, it's not about recognition and love, it's all about Greed.
It is about love, commitment, and yes, among some polygamists, religious faith. Sounds like you're a poly-a-phobe.
laughing man

UK

#199238 Jun 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Bowser? From Sha Na Na? Sing us a song.
Word on the street is that it's one of the DoodleBops.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199239 Jun 30, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the only registered Topix name you have left Frankie?
So you're an Italia phobe too....is there no end to your bigoted stereotyping?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beam me up Scottie 2 hr guest 12
Is this intergration or segregation Whatever ha... Sat Love it or Leave it 1
Apple shows off new gadgets, but Pay is bigger bet Sat Philip Cohen 3
Sunnyvale fire? Fri KC Jones 3
Can I earn her trust back? Fri Ko Majone 2
Yahoo to lay off 400 in India, invite some to w... Fri Ko Majone 3
Guest opinion: PG&E crews are making the East B... Oct 17 Raphael Bruckner 1

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match