Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
173,281 - 173,300 of 200,566 Comments Last updated 51 min ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Gawwwd everything you post is pure bull manure.
UN Projects 9.6 Billion People by 2050
Jun. 25, 2013 - The latest population projections issued by the United Nation earlier this month suggest that world population is on a faster growth path than previously projected. The UN now projects that world population will reach 7.2 billion next month, 9.6 billion by 2050 and 10.9 billion by 2100. That projection assumes, however, that access to family planning in developing countries will continue to expand and that fertility in the least developed countries will fall from 4.53 children per woman today to 2.87 by mid-century. Read More
You're getting a little better with cut and paste, very good Jizzy. Don't say I never helped you to improve your dumbass.

I noticed you can finally post a click-able link too, thanks to Frankie.

Now you are ready to start this month's lesson - Learning to post the link you are cutting and pasting from.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law.
....said Frankie while looking in the mirror. Poor thing, he doesn't see the irony in making that statement. I won't bother explaining it because he won't get it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

BOLO for Bob Finch wrote:
Why anyone would try to generate any type of response to Frankie is beyond me...I guess there are people who still think that they can win some type of argument with this guy?? How do you win an argument with a troll? This guy is getting off on any type of responses to him. The only reason he's here is to rile up anyone who's here to support gay marriage. His only goal is to piss you off...don't you morons see that?? Anyone that tries to argue with this guy, or gets mad from one of his posts, is a TOOL. But go ahead keep letting him piss you off...kudos Frank...after all these years they still don't get it...my hat goes off to you...you're good at what you do, what else can I say...
Aw shucks, thanks. It all started when I was stuck in a hospital bed for a long time. Sure I should have done something better with the time but this is so much fun!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anyone mad, except Frankie. LOL He doesn't even know that the whole point was to stir him up to cause him to self-incriminate as a troll and spend his time squawking. He did this brilliantly. Get it? I was impersonating a troll to prove a point. Have a nice day.
Too funny! You have a nice day too fruitcake.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
....said Frankie while looking in the mirror. Poor thing, he doesn't see the irony in making that statement. I won't bother explaining it because he won't get it.
Great! Your explanation would be dumb. Better to not try and end up getting humiliated.

P.S. Who's Bowser, troll?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting a little better with cut and paste, very good Jizzy. Don't say I never helped you to improve your dumbass.
I noticed you can finally post a click-able link too, thanks to Frankie.
Now you are ready to start this month's lesson - Learning to post the link you are cutting and pasting from.
Thats nice fluckstick. Why did you not jump on your buddy KiMare , for posting bull manure? Oh thats right you're a bigot just like him. Very telling Frankie, very telling indeed.
Mikey

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigots like you said stuff like that against SSM just a few short years ago. Look at you now! Congratulations.
Don't like poly marriage? Don't marry more than one person. Easy!
LOL You calling anyone a bigot...Oh yea familiar little quip, unfortunately it doesn't work for Poly. You already have all the privileged rights of marriage, now you want more! That's problem with Poly, it's not about recognition and love, it's all about Greed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Thats nice fluckstick. Why did you not jump on your buddy KiMare , for posting bull manure? Oh thats right you're a bigot just like him. Very telling Frankie, very telling indeed.
Aw Jizzy, just try to relax. It's pride day! A day to celebrate!

Be proud. The party is ON here in the SF area. WOO~HOOO! I will definitely be lifting a few glasses to equality. You should too sourpuss.
Mikey

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is starving, its just that some prefer sausage instead of clams, or vice versa.
Is this the only registered Topix name you have left Frankie?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw Jizzy, just try to relax. It's pride day! A day to celebrate!
Be proud. The party is ON here in the SF area. WOO~HOOO! I will definitely be lifting a few glasses to equality. You should too sourpuss.
Liar
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You calling anyone a bigot...Oh yea familiar little quip, unfortunately it doesn't work for Poly. You already have all the privileged rights of marriage, now you want more! That's problem with Poly, it's not about recognition and love, it's all about Greed.
Let's cut through your little temper tantrum and get to the bottom line- I support marriage equality and you do not.

P.S. Love your bigotry against a form of marriage you hate- "..it's all about greed." Nice!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the only registered Topix name you have left Frankie?
You're way off dummy. But keep trying, it's amusing.

P.S. No, you're not mad. No you're not more off topic than me. I believe you. LOL
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Liar
Said Jizzy with his pants on fire!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You just did in this post. You failed to distinguish between those who cannot because of a medical condition or choice, and a couple who is absolutely and totally incapable because of gender discrimination.
Moreover, I wasn't arguing law. I simply and accurately noted a major distinction between ss couples and marriage. You STILL can't change that reality, no matter how much you twirl.
2. People engage in numerous harmful behaviors, as distinguished from risky behaviors. Medical experts deem anal sex as 'the most dangerous form of sex'. A violation of the purpose and design of the anus. There is NO justification for anal violence. That is why it was illegal and still is in many places.
3. Even more silly stupid.
First, you clearly have no understanding of mating behavior's effects.
Second, where do you get that procreation can only be natural if the only reason for sex is for that purpose???
Third, the absurdity extreme of one child (how did twins happen) per sexual act.
Finally, you again just tried to argue that procreation is not natural.
4. You close with an ad homoan troll attack. If you had a logical, sensible argument, that would not be necessary.
1.) Who cares? Why compare the two in the first place? Never really understood why we continue to go down the road of offspring and mating.
It has nothing to do with legal marriage, whether the couples are male/female, male/male, or female/female.
Legal marriage is a contract between two people who tie their lives together through a legal process. Once completed, the legal contract provides the couple a set of privileges, protections, and benefits that supports the day-to-day needs of the couple.
IF the couple decides to have children via procreation or adoption, the marriage provides certain protections to them as well.
But as we have all agreed, marriage licenses are not granted based on the prerequisite that a couple will have offspring. Therefore, any discussion of children with regards to the legally binding contract between two adults (i.e. marriage) is pointless.

2.) People smoke cigarettes, they eat highly processed and fatty foods, they don't get enough exercise, they drive too fast, they play the stock market, etc... I could go on and list thousands of high risk behaviors that humans engage in.
But we don't live in a totalitarian country. The state doesn't dictate every, single, solitary movement we make.
We are free to engage in whatever behaviors--within certain limits--that we choose.
If you don't like that kind of life, then move to a place where the government makes every decision for you.
By the way, has it ever occurred to you that gay men don't have to be told how to have homosexual intercourse? We just do what comes natural. There isn't a guidebook filled with instructions that we pass around to one another before having sex. We know what we like. We know what we want to do.
I think that's one of the strongest arguments to the normalcy and naturalness of gay male sex.
Who cares if you think anal sex is risky. That's your opinion. You choose to live a life in which you allegedly don't engage in it. More power to you.
Now keep your nose out of other people's asses.

3.) YOU seem to be the one who discounts sexual activity unless it's done for the purposes of procreation. You and your "mutually sterile, blah, blah, blah..."
I, on the other hand, believe a person can have sex for any number of reasons. That is why gay sex is no better or worse than straight sex, and vice-versa.
I only point out the absurdity of your constant comments that same-sex couples are inherently defective since we do not procreate.
We don't have sex to procreate.
Not every single sexual act that you've had with your wife was for the purposes of procreation.

4.) If you don't like my witty, sometimes catty comments, then don't respond to them. It takes two to carry on a conversation.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Who cares? Why compare the two in the first place? Never really understood why we continue to go down the road of offspring and mating.
It has nothing to do with legal marriage, whether the couples are male/female, male/male, or female/female.
Legal marriage is a contract between two people who tie their lives together through a legal process. Once completed, the legal contract provides the couple a set of privileges, protections, and benefits that supports the day-to-day needs of the couple.
IF the couple decides to have children via procreation or adoption, the marriage provides certain protections to them as well.
But as we have all agreed, marriage licenses are not granted based on the prerequisite that a couple will have offspring. Therefore, any discussion of children with regards to the legally binding contract between two adults (i.e. marriage) is pointless.
2.) People smoke cigarettes, they eat highly processed and fatty foods, they don't get enough exercise, they drive too fast, they play the stock market, etc... I could go on and list thousands of high risk behaviors that humans engage in.
But we don't live in a totalitarian country. The state doesn't dictate every, single, solitary movement we make.
We are free to engage in whatever behaviors--within certain limits--that we choose.
If you don't like that kind of life, then move to a place where the government makes every decision for you.
By the way, has it ever occurred to you that gay men don't have to be told how to have homosexual intercourse? We just do what comes natural. There isn't a guidebook filled with instructions that we pass around to one another before having sex. We know what we like. We know what we want to do.
I think that's one of the strongest arguments to the normalcy and naturalness of gay male sex.
Who cares if you think anal sex is risky. That's your opinion. You choose to live a life in which you allegedly don't engage in it. More power to you.
3.) YOU seem to be the one who discounts sexual activity unless it's done for the purposes of procreation. You and your "mutually sterile, blah, blah, blah..."
I, on the other hand, believe a person can have sex for any number of reasons. That is why gay sex is no better or worse than straight sex, and vice-versa.
I only point out the absurdity of your constant comments that same-sex couples are inherently defective since we do not procreate.
Not every single sexual act that you've had with your wife was for the purposes of procreation.
4.) If you don't like my witty, sometimes catty comments, then don't respond to them. It takes two to carry on a conversation.
Agreed on all counts. You go, VV!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop preaching having your nose in the wrong places is natural.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Figures that you too would think it's natural to have sex with the part where the Sh!t comes out. LOL

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bigot, why don't you stand on the pavement down there in hotland and melt your anger away? Are you forced to live there? LOL
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go. See, you stopped trolling and you're feeling much better already. Now just stop impersonating Ronald's dog. And getting mad at me.

Then maybe you'll start to gain some credibility and soon every one will forget you arrived as a jackass troll. But of course you'll still be a dope. Can't fix that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Too wordy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••