Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,381

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198907 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
So discuss it. Do you have other thoughts on this topic that you haven't already posted?
I am discussing it. It seems to bother you a lot. Why?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198908 Jun 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it does.....what the state did was change the concept of marriage...its meaning and function. The state could declare any consenting adult personal intimate relationship "marriage". What is the legal, cutural, social, hisorical, and/or teligious foundation of a "husband and husband", or a "wife and wife", union?
One must ask, what is marriage? A lawful contract between two consenting adults. So how does the names of the two affect the contract, Bill and Sam, Sue and Jill? Husband and Husband wife and wife.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198909 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said to you many times, I don't want to enter a poly marriage. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts to silence me.
Your fear of the mere attempt to discuss polygamy in relation to marriage equality speaks volumes. What are you afraid of?
WTF, do you need me to roll out the red carpet? Talk away, no one is stopping you. Its a free country, get up on the soap bax and let it rip. Or in your case, charge the battery on your Hoveround and roll on.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198910 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am discussing it. It seems to bother you a lot. Why?
Then stop saying that we are stopping you. Dang son, you are not to bright.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198911 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>What are you doing to change the law? Other than just pass gas and lip service.
I don't want to change the law although I think it should be changed. I have my own battles to fight just to continue to stay alive and happy.

I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship. This is a discussion forum. Stop trying to censor me.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198912 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly his problem. His opinion has been over-ruled by the Supreme Court and he continues to cling desperately to his opinions, trying to fabricate some "fact". And, being the fool he is, he doesn't even realize that not all gay people even engage in anal sex! So he has failed once again to make a valid point.
I haven't given an opinion, I'm only mocking.

SCOTUS ruled that ss couples are equal to marriage.

Reality is not listening. Ss couples are still ever only a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Maybe SCOTUS needs a unanimous decision??? Think that will work???

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198913 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Then stop saying that we are stopping you. Dang son, you are not to bright.
Dang son why do you continually attack me then?

It's because you are a hypocrite. So you get mad at me. Don't shoot the messenger, it's on you, not me. You against marriage equality, I am for it. Duh.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. If you disagree, tell me why, don't just stupidly attack me with your moronic ad hominem.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198914 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to change the law although I think it should be changed. I have my own battles to fight just to continue to stay alive and happy.
I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship. This is a discussion forum. Stop trying to censor me.
So you don't really care if polygamy is illegal or not. Thanks for clearing that up.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198915 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't given an opinion, I'm only mocking.
SCOTUS ruled that ss couples are equal to marriage.
Reality is not listening. Ss couples are still ever only a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Maybe SCOTUS needs a unanimous decision??? Think that will work???
Smirk.
So if a man and woman are both sterile, its only half a marriage.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198916 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang son why do you continually attack me then?
It's because you are a hypocrite. So you get mad at me. Don't shoot the messenger, it's on you, not me. You against marriage equality, I am for it. Duh.
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. If you disagree, tell me why, don't just stupidly attack me with your moronic ad hominem.
Then you and all who wish to join in a poly marriage, need to file suit, hire a lawyer and get the laws changed. THE LGBT people did so. Are you that much better than them????

Location hidden

#198917 Jun 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try a more important question. What difference will the answer to your question make?
Here, let me help you out. NONE.
Have a nice day!!
Perfect example of your responses.

When denying the truth doesn't work, then the truth doesn't matter.

Like the SCOTUS ruling, your opinion is having the same effect on reality.

You have a partnership, you do not have a marriage. Even you admitted two key differences out of many.

Oh, parents produce children. Ss couples mutually don't. Ever.

And if children have a choice between the two, they choose parents.

Smile.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#198918 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Then you and all who wish to join in a poly marriage, need to file suit, hire a lawyer and get the laws changed. THE LGBT people did so. Are you that much better than them????
Of course, Frank wouldn't prevail, because they seem to suffer from the delusion that a union of three or more people seeks equal, not greater, protection of the law.

Frank is seriously at odds with reality.
Bob Finch

Sacramento, CA

#198919 Jun 29, 2013
Ya I get it, I know criminals never purchise there guns at gun shops but I still dont care. It just makes me feel better at nite knowing that some people cant buy guns...I just dont like them, they scare me If u wanna protect your family learn how to throw knifes or something I dunno but guns are scary. Maybe if the criminals know almost every law abiding citizen is unarmed theyll stop buying guns on the black market I dunno...just leeve me alone I dont know how to use a gun so what difference would it make if I had one?? Id be too scared to touch it. If someone breaks into your house with a whole crapload of ak's and and ar's just call 911 and go hide in the closet and wait patiently until the proper authorities get there. If they kill you and your whole family hopefully theyll catch the murderes and try them in a court of law according to the law. There...justice for the murdereres theyll go to prison for a few years and well have a real nice funeral for u and your whole family. So there...
laughing man

UK

#198920 Jun 29, 2013
Butthurt Dweller wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank is seriously at odds with reality.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/...
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198921 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of your responses.
When denying the truth doesn't work, then the truth doesn't matter.
Like the SCOTUS ruling, your opinion is having the same effect on reality.
You have a partnership, you do not have a marriage. Even you admitted two key differences out of many.
Oh, parents produce children. Ss couples mutually don't. Ever.
And if children have a choice between the two, they choose parents.
Smile.
When did having children become a requirement in marriage? Hell two idiots can reproduce, you're living proof of that.
Surran wrap

Monrovia, CA

#198922 Jun 29, 2013
More of the same but less spice next time.
Grant

Orange, CA

#198923 Jun 29, 2013
ZORO..........WELL SAID, THE FACT IS IT IS WHAT IT IS.....IT IS EQUAL RIGHTS, I FOR ONE AM GLAD WE FINALLY GOT TO THIS POINT, IF SOMEONE DOES NOT LIKE IT DEAL WITH IT OR BYE......BYE

Location hidden

#198924 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote: Perfect example of your responses. When denying the truth doesn't work, then the truth doesn't matter. Like the SCOTUS ruling, your opinion is having the same effect on reality. You have a partnership, you do not have a marriage. Even you admitted two key differences out of many. Oh, parents produce children. Ss couples mutually don't. Ever. And if children have a choice between the two, they choose parents. Smile.
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>When did having children become a requirement in marriage? Hell two idiots can reproduce, you're living proof of that.
Where did I say they were a requirement? Why would they need to be required when they are a natural result of mating behavior and the marriage union?

Clearly the idiot is you.

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198925 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't really care if polygamy is illegal or not. Thanks for clearing that up.
No. That is incorrect.

I think polygamy should be allowed. And you don't. I am in favor of marriage equality and you are not. That is how it is. Why do you attempt to spin it otherwise?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198926 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Then you and all who wish to join in a poly marriage, need to file suit, hire a lawyer and get the laws changed. THE LGBT people did so. Are you that much better than them????
I don't want to enter a poly marriage and I don't want to do that other stuff you ridiculously order me to do.

I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long Beacha s middle class, then ... and now Sun Lucy 4
Moderators why have i been shadow banned? (Jun '14) Feb 27 Fracking Doodooda 4
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Feb 26 tera 112
Caltrain accident Feb 25 Mary J 1
VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Feb 25 Jack Offmoore 14
I m housewife need home based job Feb 24 Rajveer9033383005 11
Local painter records wedding memories on canvas (Mar '09) Feb 23 calebhart54 3

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:02 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:02PM
Potential Replacements for Stevie Johnson for 49ers
Bleacher Report10:46 PM
How Should 49ers Fill Their Biggest Holes?
Bleacher Report10:11 AM
WR 'Difference Makers' 49ers Can Add in 2015
Bleacher Report12:06 PM
Buzz: OAK Won't 'Overspend' in Free Agency, Saving for Carr
Bleacher Report 1:54 PM
49ers' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency