Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#198901 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter husband and husband, wife and wife? He is still married, under state law. Next up , Pietro screams its not right gay people cant reproduce.
Actually it does.....what the state did was change the concept of marriage...its meaning and function. The state could declare any consenting adult personal intimate relationship "marriage". What is the legal, cutural, social, hisorical, and/or teligious foundation of a "husband and husband", or a "wife and wife", union?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#198902 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
You confuse my disdain for hypocrisy with homophobia. You ain't real smart as you continually demonstrate.
If you would not try to marginalize people just because they were wary of this tremendous social change you would find even greater acceptance.
You're a hypocrite Jizzy. And you are just like the people you hate. You would deny them marriage because you don't like them.
The problem is that your disdain for hypocrisy does not have a basis in reality, because you apparently lack the ability to count to three, or understand that 3 is greater than 2.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#198903 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said to you many times, I don't want to enter a poly marriage. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts to silence me.
Your fear of the mere attempt to discuss polygamy in relation to marriage equality speaks volumes. What are you afraid of?
So discuss it. Do you have other thoughts on this topic that you haven't already posted?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198904 Jun 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that your disdain for hypocrisy does not have a basis in reality, because you apparently lack the ability to count to three, or understand that 3 is greater than 2.
Yeah yeah, I can't count higher than two and you can't tell a man from a woman. ha ha so funny.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198905 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that I know there is. What a dopey post.
So that's your whole argument against marriage equality Jizzy? There's a law against it? What a moron! Get an argument and then come back, we won't bother to wait.
What are you doing to change the law? Other than just pass gas and lip service.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198906 Jun 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that your disdain for hypocrisy does not have a basis in reality, because you apparently lack the ability to count to three, or understand that 3 is greater than 2.
Good people are being denied the right to marry. And you are telling them their plight is not reality. Great argument you have there.

P.S. You are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198907 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
So discuss it. Do you have other thoughts on this topic that you haven't already posted?
I am discussing it. It seems to bother you a lot. Why?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198908 Jun 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it does.....what the state did was change the concept of marriage...its meaning and function. The state could declare any consenting adult personal intimate relationship "marriage". What is the legal, cutural, social, hisorical, and/or teligious foundation of a "husband and husband", or a "wife and wife", union?
One must ask, what is marriage? A lawful contract between two consenting adults. So how does the names of the two affect the contract, Bill and Sam, Sue and Jill? Husband and Husband wife and wife.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198909 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said to you many times, I don't want to enter a poly marriage. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts to silence me.
Your fear of the mere attempt to discuss polygamy in relation to marriage equality speaks volumes. What are you afraid of?
WTF, do you need me to roll out the red carpet? Talk away, no one is stopping you. Its a free country, get up on the soap bax and let it rip. Or in your case, charge the battery on your Hoveround and roll on.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198910 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am discussing it. It seems to bother you a lot. Why?
Then stop saying that we are stopping you. Dang son, you are not to bright.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198911 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>What are you doing to change the law? Other than just pass gas and lip service.
I don't want to change the law although I think it should be changed. I have my own battles to fight just to continue to stay alive and happy.

I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship. This is a discussion forum. Stop trying to censor me.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198912 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly his problem. His opinion has been over-ruled by the Supreme Court and he continues to cling desperately to his opinions, trying to fabricate some "fact". And, being the fool he is, he doesn't even realize that not all gay people even engage in anal sex! So he has failed once again to make a valid point.
I haven't given an opinion, I'm only mocking.

SCOTUS ruled that ss couples are equal to marriage.

Reality is not listening. Ss couples are still ever only a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Maybe SCOTUS needs a unanimous decision??? Think that will work???

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198913 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Then stop saying that we are stopping you. Dang son, you are not to bright.
Dang son why do you continually attack me then?

It's because you are a hypocrite. So you get mad at me. Don't shoot the messenger, it's on you, not me. You against marriage equality, I am for it. Duh.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. If you disagree, tell me why, don't just stupidly attack me with your moronic ad hominem.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198914 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to change the law although I think it should be changed. I have my own battles to fight just to continue to stay alive and happy.
I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship. This is a discussion forum. Stop trying to censor me.
So you don't really care if polygamy is illegal or not. Thanks for clearing that up.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198915 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't given an opinion, I'm only mocking.
SCOTUS ruled that ss couples are equal to marriage.
Reality is not listening. Ss couples are still ever only a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Maybe SCOTUS needs a unanimous decision??? Think that will work???
Smirk.
So if a man and woman are both sterile, its only half a marriage.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198916 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang son why do you continually attack me then?
It's because you are a hypocrite. So you get mad at me. Don't shoot the messenger, it's on you, not me. You against marriage equality, I am for it. Duh.
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. If you disagree, tell me why, don't just stupidly attack me with your moronic ad hominem.
Then you and all who wish to join in a poly marriage, need to file suit, hire a lawyer and get the laws changed. THE LGBT people did so. Are you that much better than them????

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198917 Jun 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try a more important question. What difference will the answer to your question make?
Here, let me help you out. NONE.
Have a nice day!!
Perfect example of your responses.

When denying the truth doesn't work, then the truth doesn't matter.

Like the SCOTUS ruling, your opinion is having the same effect on reality.

You have a partnership, you do not have a marriage. Even you admitted two key differences out of many.

Oh, parents produce children. Ss couples mutually don't. Ever.

And if children have a choice between the two, they choose parents.

Smile.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#198918 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Then you and all who wish to join in a poly marriage, need to file suit, hire a lawyer and get the laws changed. THE LGBT people did so. Are you that much better than them????
Of course, Frank wouldn't prevail, because they seem to suffer from the delusion that a union of three or more people seeks equal, not greater, protection of the law.

Frank is seriously at odds with reality.
Bob Finch

Sacramento, CA

#198919 Jun 29, 2013
Ya I get it, I know criminals never purchise there guns at gun shops but I still dont care. It just makes me feel better at nite knowing that some people cant buy guns...I just dont like them, they scare me If u wanna protect your family learn how to throw knifes or something I dunno but guns are scary. Maybe if the criminals know almost every law abiding citizen is unarmed theyll stop buying guns on the black market I dunno...just leeve me alone I dont know how to use a gun so what difference would it make if I had one?? Id be too scared to touch it. If someone breaks into your house with a whole crapload of ak's and and ar's just call 911 and go hide in the closet and wait patiently until the proper authorities get there. If they kill you and your whole family hopefully theyll catch the murderes and try them in a court of law according to the law. There...justice for the murdereres theyll go to prison for a few years and well have a real nice funeral for u and your whole family. So there...
laughing man

UK

#198920 Jun 29, 2013
Butthurt Dweller wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank is seriously at odds with reality.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
topix forum misused (May '09) 10 hr Billy Rawhide 2
massive chinese furniture web-site and relative... Thu jimheeren 1
News Advances Against Chronic Pain (Sep '12) Wed Ambct617 20
News What's Vanessa Diffenbaugh reading? Aug 19 moodylarry 1
RIP Chuck (Charles Perry lll) (Feb '12) Aug 18 D Shot 24
gutter cleaning Aug 16 randall1022 1
Is There A Police Helicopter Flying Around?? (Aug '08) Aug 13 Duque_dolores 56
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages