Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,169

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
laughing man

UK

#198624 Jun 28, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
give the sc justices and federal judges a bonus for killing the GOP social platform-God Bless America
The GOP's social focus is on more illegal aliens, to ensure that the aliens already here have to compete for lower and lower wages.

For being just another dime store imbecile who thought that the mention of the spineless GOP would somehow cause pain to somebody, would you like a gold star?

*snicker*

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198625 Jun 28, 2013
Jonah, you say you are married now.
But you still look different. Even the dress doesn't help. Maybe if VV puts makeup on you it will help?

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198626 Jun 28, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP's social focus is on more illegal aliens, to ensure that the aliens already here have to compete for lower and lower wages.
For being just another dime store imbecile who thought that the mention of the spineless GOP would somehow cause pain to somebody, would you like a gold star?
*snicker*
Please don't refer to them as illegal aliens. The correct term is undocumented democrats.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198627 Jun 28, 2013
WOW! Judging by the judge-its, it appears the people of tolerance and diversity object to my post supporting our multiparty system.

I suppose they would like a one party system as long as it's their party.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198628 Jun 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
But you still look different. Even the dress doesn't help. Maybe if VV puts makeup on you it will help?
Smirk.
Jonah1 says it's a lab coat. But that does nothing to explain that weird image. Maybe it's he and his STD doctor discussing treatment options?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#198629 Jun 28, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No Penguin Boy, it would be taught either in Civics or in Social Studies. People that actually graduated from high school would know that already.
Don't worry though hon, your taxes still aren't altered in any way.
Still waiting to hear how gays being married affects you personally. Will you be presenting that information anytime soon Penguin Boy?
I told you once before, too badd you don't understand things that normal people say. You libs are all alike you only car about yourselves and your twisted lifestle. Like I said before if you want to poke one another in the ass that's your business butt don't push it on to the normal society to accept your sickness.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198631 Jun 28, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you once before, too badd you don't understand things that normal people say. You libs are all alike you only car about yourselves and your twisted lifestle. Like I said before if you want to poke one another in the ass that's your business butt don't push it on to the normal society to accept your sickness.
Bruno, you're an ignorant icehole. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend. We agree that Jonah1 is a particularly nasty little piece of work.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#198632 Jun 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You imply that Bruno is wrong about everything because he didn't know that penguins can't fly.
I made no such implication.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why you always bring it up to prove your case about marriage?
Thanks sweetheart!
Who said I bring it up to prove my case about marriage?

Your welcome dingleberry.

Location hidden

#198633 Jun 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smirk.
Sowing discord again dear? Your god despises your behavior.(Proverbs 6:16-19)

Have fun in Hell plebe. Smirk.

Location hidden

#198634 Jun 28, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
So you aren't personally affected in anyway when gays marry. Yes Penguin Boy. We know.
laughing man

UK

#198635 Jun 28, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sowing discord again dear? Your god despises your behavior.(Proverbs 6:16-19)
Have fun in Hell plebe. Smirk.
I see you've changed your tagline yet again, imbecile.

You're not too stable, are you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198636 Jun 28, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no such implication.
<quoted text>
Who said I bring it up to prove my case about marriage?
Your welcome dingleberry.
Why do you often bring up penguins? Proud that you watched the National Geographic special on them and feeling all scientific and sh!t? Trying to impress us with your irrelevant trivia?

I think it's because it's an ad hominem attack. Get an argument.
laughing man

UK

#198637 Jun 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't refer to them as illegal aliens. The correct term is undocumented democrats.
Oops, my bad.:)

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#198638 Jun 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smirk.
Looks like somebody's up from his nap and a little cranky. Maybe his useless vag needs to be douched?

Tell us, Kim, do you do that or does your wife?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198639 Jun 28, 2013
Disskc wrote:
This church (in Glendora, California) is a haven for Tea Party Member's and other anti-government underground organization's.
Who are not allowing an American Flag to be flown daily on the church grounds, sounds more like what the Muslim's say and do.
This church and it's member's should all be arrested and booked and finger printed and made to register as Foreign Agents.
What Church? and who cares what flag they are flying? Do you think the great obama will have the irs shut them down?
laughing man

UK

#198640 Jun 28, 2013
very unfunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like somebody's up from his nap and a little cranky. Maybe his useless vag needs to be douched?
Don't quit your day job in the back alley, Rosie. Comedy never was your forté.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198641 Jun 28, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, my bad.:)
Yes. Be careful Obama has a record of every letter you type. Obama good.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198642 Jun 28, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice! Group MARRIAGE has to be taken to another thread but ad hominem gynecological vulgarity is fine. Says so in the rainbow handbook I guess.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#198643 Jun 28, 2013
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogspolygblog/5...

Internet brims with polygamy comments after DOMA ruling
BY JIM DALRYMPLE II
THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE
PUBLISHED: JUNE 27, 2013 10:11AM
UPDATED: JUNE 27, 2013 10:01AM

Yesterday I spoke with polygamists and lawyers about their responses to end of the Defense of Marriage Act and California’s Prop 8.

But lawyers and polygamists weren’t the only ones making the connection between the supreme court rulings and plural marriage. Among the more popular responses bubbling up from the dark corners of the internet was a series of comments from conservative... person Glenn Beck, who seemed to express fear that the rulings would lead to polygamy in the United States. Naturally, Beck’s response also includes references to Muslims.

Writing for BuzzFeed, my fellow BYU alumnus McKay Coppins took an approach similar to ours at The Tribune. Coppins talked to Joe Darger and Anne Wilde for a story about how polygamists were celebrating the rulings.

But Coppins piece was the rare bright spot in an internet cesspool brimming with inanity. A search on Twitter for the words “scotus” and “polygamy” turned up an array of responses, many of them about as intelligent as you might expect:

From @WashDCE:“Well at least the #Mormons will be happy now that marriage is, anything goes, Polygamy should become rampant any day now #SCOTUS #DOMA”

From @SurvivingBabel:“I would support a piggyback off of today’s SCOTUS decisions to push for legalized polygamy, just to accelerate our collapse.”

From @OldKid56:“Sweet! The SCOTUS ruling on DOMA opens the door for polygamy! Time to establish my harem!”

From @cheeky_geeky:“Rand Paul thinks #SCOTUS #DOMA ruling will aid human-animal matings; Michael Crichton resurrected to write the novel.”

Okay so that last one doesn’t mention polygamy, but it is funny.

Other websites that picked up on the polygamy angle include Breitbart, Advocate and ClashDaily.

— Jim Dalrymple II

@Tribunepolygamy
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198644 Jun 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/b logspolygblog/56516708-191/pol ygamy-marriage-com-scotus.html .csp
Internet brims with polygamy comments after DOMA ruling
BY JIM DALRYMPLE II
THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE
PUBLISHED: JUNE 27, 2013 10:11AM
UPDATED: JUNE 27, 2013 10:01AM
Yesterday I spoke with polygamists and lawyers about their responses to end of the Defense of Marriage Act and California’s Prop 8.
But lawyers and polygamists weren’t the only ones making the connection between the supreme court rulings and plural marriage. Among the more popular responses bubbling up from the dark corners of the internet was a series of comments from conservative... person Glenn Beck, who seemed to express fear that the rulings would lead to polygamy in the United States. Naturally, Beck’s response also includes references to Muslims.
Writing for BuzzFeed, my fellow BYU alumnus McKay Coppins took an approach similar to ours at The Tribune. Coppins talked to Joe Darger and Anne Wilde for a story about how polygamists were celebrating the rulings.
But Coppins piece was the rare bright spot in an internet cesspool brimming with inanity. A search on Twitter for the words “scotus” and “polygamy” turned up an array of responses, many of them about as intelligent as you might expect:
From @WashDCE:“Well at least the #Mormons will be happy now that marriage is, anything goes, Polygamy should become rampant any day now #SCOTUS #DOMA”
From @SurvivingBabel:“I would support a piggyback off of today’s SCOTUS decisions to push for legalized polygamy, just to accelerate our collapse.”
From @OldKid56:“Sweet! The SCOTUS ruling on DOMA opens the door for polygamy! Time to establish my harem!”
From @cheeky_geeky:“Rand Paul thinks #SCOTUS #DOMA ruling will aid human-animal matings; Michael Crichton resurrected to write the novel.”
Okay so that last one doesn’t mention polygamy, but it is funny.
Other websites that picked up on the polygamy angle include Breitbart, Advocate and ClashDaily.
— Jim Dalrymple II
@Tribunepolygamy
Many same sex marriage supporters are the worst offenders when it comes to bashing poly marriage. And they fail to see the irony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Widmer named new Rancho Palos Verdes city ... 7 hr Are you serious 1
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 22 hr Many Fine Views 30
Petition against unreasonable fingerprinting Fri BiometricAwareness 1
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Dec 18 maryjaneprincton 19
US stocks start lower Dec 16 Anthony V 104
annoying helicopter flying near fremont st and ... (Sep '08) Dec 15 Zombie Corpse Rental 14
pune india Dec 13 sudhir1984 2

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News