Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
172,361 - 172,380 of 200,336 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If I said to you "learn to recognize gender." as a dig against SSM, you'd scream bloody murder. Yet you use the same ridiculous insult against me with a clear conscience. Classic hypocrite.
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
Start with a parade
We have some old parade floats for rent cheap; sugar
Cash only; no IOU's
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollow words, spoken by a hollow man.
Need someone to call the WAAAAAAAAAAAhmbulance for you?
Brucie the gay parrot

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay men who fancy themselves clever and play devil's advocate just to annoy the well-adjusted gay people in the world, to his own detriment, are real losers.
in the closet

in the closet

SQUAWWWWWK!!!!!
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>good luck trying to control this girl... no one has ever done it... not even prison... turned tricks the very day I was released every time
I'm laughing at the rebellious two year old in Never Never Land that refuses to grow up, who revels in her Regression.

"You can't make me!!!!!"

Their Day of Hollow VictoryŠ just seems to have brought out the worst in them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay men who fancy themselves clever and play devil's advocate just to annoy the well-adjusted gay people in the world, to his own detriment, are real losers.
Are you saying that if I support poly marriage it means I'm gay just like you? Do you support polygamy? Why? Why not?

If I am gay or not is irrelevant, why are you mad?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>good luck trying to control this girl... no one has ever done it... not even prison... turned tricks the very day I was released every time
Not trying to control you, just criticizing your off topic hateful religious agenda.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
well, frankie, since SCOTUS didn't make polygamy legal, guess that means that you'll be filing law suits to take your swing at that one.
it'll be interesting to watch, for sure.
Prop 8 is gone. A victory for marriage equality. You should be happy! I am. That you are not is telling. Are you against marriage equality?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't seek equality under the law.
1 Man + 1 Woman = 2 People
1 Man + 1 Man = 2 People
1 Woman = 1 Woman = 2 People
2(or more) Men + 1 Woman > 2 People
1 Man + 2 (or more) Women > 2 People
Those who can count can see polygamy doesn't seek equal protection of the law. Those who can't grasp this, yet continue to argue it as though it were a valid point are saying more about themselves than anything else.
I'm sorry you can't count.
You are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

The Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with a parade
We have some old parade floats for rent cheap; sugar
Cash only; no IOU's
I don't want to start a parade. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
well, frankie, since SCOTUS didn't make polygamy legal, guess that means that you'll be filing law suits to take your swing at that one.
it'll be interesting to watch, for sure.
That's what the bigots said about SSM not too long ago. Look how far we have PROGRESSED. But we're not done yet.

Marriage. There is no one right way.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that if I support poly marriage it means I'm gay just like you? Do you support polygamy? Why? Why not?
If I am gay or not is irrelevant, why are you mad?
What made you think I was mad? Do you have reading comprehension issues?

Are you seriously in the closet (or straight?) It honestly never occurred to me in all these years that you were not gay.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>oh btw you lost
By how much, little girl?

*snicker*
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
What made you think I was mad? Do you have reading comprehension issues?
Are you seriously in the closet (or straight?) It honestly never occurred to me in all these years that you were not gay.
It's irrelevant if I am gay or not. Why does it mater so much to you? I support your right to marry who you want. Do you support others same right? If so, why are you mad at me? if not, you are a hypocrite. Easy!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Frank. The people requesting polygamy are for the most part doing so based on religious doctrine.
What would you do or say if the local government in Union City, Cali. Passed a law that required you to go to church( Chosen by them) every Sunday. You could not use your PC, TV, go to the movies or go shopping, no shots of Dickle, not a single can of PBR. All based on religious doctrine, that was not your chosen faith. What would you do or say?
Jizzy, why do you attempt to use religion against marriage equality?

“YOU KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN !”

Since: May 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

As I was saying....( a few years ago ), The bigots are on the wrong side of history, on this issue, and today's Supreme Court decision proved me right. All the haters managed to do was delay the inevitable but they couldn't stop it. Victory is sweet....

Welcome California as the 13 state to legalize gay marriage. And with the striking down of DOMA, gays now have legal standing to successfully challenge EVERY state ban on same sex marriage.

I'll be marching in this year's San Francisco's Gay Pride Parade with a new sense of FREEDOM and PRIDE!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Frank. The people requesting polygamy are for the most part doing so based on religious doctrine.
What would you do or say if the local government in Union City, Cali. Passed a law that required you to go to church( Chosen by them) every Sunday. You could not use your PC, TV, go to the movies or go shopping, no shots of Dickle, not a single can of PBR. All based on religious doctrine, that was not your chosen faith. What would you do or say?
You are saying that polygamy shouldn't be allowed because you don't like some of the people who practice it. Nice!

How about 3 atheist men? Do they have your blessing to marry?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

MikeNSF wrote:
As I was saying....( a few years ago ), The bigots are on the wrong side of history, on this issue, and today's Supreme Court decision proved me right. All the haters managed to do was delay the inevitable but they couldn't stop it. Victory is sweet....
Welcome California as the 13 state to legalize gay marriage. And with the striking down of DOMA, gays now have legal standing to successfully challenge EVERY state ban on same sex marriage.
I'll be marching in this year's San Francisco's Gay Pride Parade with a new sense of FREEDOM and PRIDE!
Congratulations! This is a day to celebrate!

But the struggle is hardly over. There are still many people being denied marriage equality. Let's not forget them. they matter too.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Bowser - the honey of my choice - and I have mixed emotions regarding this subject. The Big Government ruling class has been "helping the economy" by pumping $Billions of hard earned taxpayer money into a war against a tiny group of ragtag ill clad mostly illiterate Taliban. The question arises as to whether this is a wise expenditure of taxpayer money. Just like the vast majority of American taxpayers, the Taliban does not approve of the absurd notion of "marriages" of two or more persons of the same sex. On the other hand, both Bowser and I are at the forefront of those who applaud the corrupt agenda driven Government legal system. Once the high paid Government judges grant our Homosexual friends the "right" to "marry" one another, the day will soon come when we dog lovers' "equality under the "law" will no longer be denied.

Ronald

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's irrelevant if I am gay or not. Why does it mater so much to you? I support your right to marry who you want. Do you support others same right? If so, why are you mad at me? if not, you are a hypocrite. Easy!
You're really bad at this.

It doesn't "mater," it's just discussion. It's odd that you wouldn't just say either way, though. Maybe you should seek therapy if you aren't comfortable.

Again, what indicated to you that I was mad? If my previous post had been presented as a question on the SAT, and you indicated by multiple choice answer that the author was "mad," you'd get that question wrong.

I've already stated my position on polygamy.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
only 10 % of pakistan has internet... That guy is retarded but you probably already know that.
Yeah, I'm well aware. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that "guy" is a gal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••