Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198099 Jun 26, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
hey fundies..... u lost...lol
Sore winners are real losers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198100 Jun 26, 2013
maybe you fundies should focus on stuff like poverty and the homeless... maybe you could win then
Maybe you should celebrate this great day for equality and resume your hate tomorrow.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198102 Jun 26, 2013
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
HERE IT IS! June 26, 2013 12:09pm
Governor Brown is ordering all county clerks to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Here's a quote from the Governor:“After years of struggle, the U.S. Supreme Court today has made same-sex marriage a reality in California. In light of the decision, I have directed the California Department of Public Health to advise the state’s counties that they must begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in California as soon as the Ninth Circuit confirms the stay is lifted.”
http://www.ksbw.com/news/politics/live-covera...
I've already been invited to my neighbor's wedding! These two guys are fun. It's gonna be the best. Shopping for a gift on Amazon today.

Maybe soon even Mormon Manny and Izzy Islam will be allowed to marry!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198103 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>ha ha ha you lost
Don't be a sore winner.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198104 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>naaaaa... I tell u what... I will stop if I never see a bible verse on here again.... gee how long would that last
Without your constant religious agenda here, there will be one less.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#198105 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sore winners are real losers.
Gay men who fancy themselves clever and play devil's advocate just to annoy the well-adjusted gay people in the world, to his own detriment, are real losers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198106 Jun 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to count.
Polygamists don't seek equality.
If I said to you "learn to recognize gender." as a dig against SSM, you'd scream bloody murder. Yet you use the same ridiculous insult against me with a clear conscience. Classic hypocrite.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#198108 Jun 26, 2013
well, frankie, since SCOTUS didn't make polygamy legal, guess that means that you'll be filing law suits to take your swing at that one.

it'll be interesting to watch, for sure.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#198109 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If I said to you "learn to recognize gender." as a dig against SSM, you'd scream bloody murder. Yet you use the same ridiculous insult against me with a clear conscience. Classic hypocrite.
It doesn't seek equality under the law.

1 Man + 1 Woman = 2 People
1 Man + 1 Man = 2 People
1 Woman = 1 Woman = 2 People
2(or more) Men + 1 Woman > 2 People
1 Man + 2 (or more) Women > 2 People

Those who can count can see polygamy doesn't seek equal protection of the law. Those who can't grasp this, yet continue to argue it as though it were a valid point are saying more about themselves than anything else.

I'm sorry you can't count.
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#198110 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already been invited to my neighbor's wedding! These two guys are fun. It's gonna be the best. Shopping for a gift on Amazon today.
Maybe soon even Mormon Manny and Izzy Islam will be allowed to marry!
The MoMos are a lost cause; but the Muzzies are already workin' on it
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4142/4760275339...
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#198111 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with a parade
We have some old parade floats for rent cheap; sugar
Cash only; no IOU's
laughing man

UK

#198112 Jun 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollow words, spoken by a hollow man.
Need someone to call the WAAAAAAAAAAAhmbulance for you?
Brucie the gay parrot

UK

#198113 Jun 26, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay men who fancy themselves clever and play devil's advocate just to annoy the well-adjusted gay people in the world, to his own detriment, are real losers.
in the closet

in the closet

SQUAWWWWWK!!!!!
laughing man

UK

#198114 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>good luck trying to control this girl... no one has ever done it... not even prison... turned tricks the very day I was released every time
I'm laughing at the rebellious two year old in Never Never Land that refuses to grow up, who revels in her Regression.

"You can't make me!!!!!"

Their Day of Hollow Victory© just seems to have brought out the worst in them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198115 Jun 26, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that if I support poly marriage it means I'm gay just like you? Do you support polygamy? Why? Why not?

If I am gay or not is irrelevant, why are you mad?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198116 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>good luck trying to control this girl... no one has ever done it... not even prison... turned tricks the very day I was released every time
Not trying to control you, just criticizing your off topic hateful religious agenda.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198117 Jun 26, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
well, frankie, since SCOTUS didn't make polygamy legal, guess that means that you'll be filing law suits to take your swing at that one.
Prop 8 is gone. A victory for marriage equality. You should be happy! I am. That you are not is telling. Are you against marriage equality?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198118 Jun 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't seek equality under the law.
1 Man + 1 Woman = 2 People
1 Man + 1 Man = 2 People
1 Woman = 1 Woman = 2 People
2(or more) Men + 1 Woman > 2 People
1 Man + 2 (or more) Women > 2 People
Those who can count can see polygamy doesn't seek equal protection of the law. Those who can't grasp this, yet continue to argue it as though it were a valid point are saying more about themselves than anything else.
I'm sorry you can't count.
You are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198119 Jun 26, 2013
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with a parade
We have some old parade floats for rent cheap; sugar
Cash only; no IOU's
I don't want to start a parade. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198121 Jun 26, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
That's what the bigots said about SSM not too long ago. Look how far we have PROGRESSED. But we're not done yet.

Marriage. There is no one right way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) 1 hr abusedmom 108
Topix is Against the First Amendment 1 hr William Knight 10
US stocks start lower 1 hr William Knight 42
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 20 hr surfs up 7,955
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palo Alto News, Events & Info