Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#197910 Jun 25, 2013
Mahmoud Abdullah wrote:
<quoted text>
Im going make a re-vote for me they trying voted without me Im make my own vote and if u voting no on gay marriage Im going arrange gay marriage for u and yore whole familee, there u hearing that one who going still vote no?
We can tell you are a sausage smoker.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197912 Jun 25, 2013
Spleezle Spalzal wrote:
<quoted text>
No,oh great prickish one it is in fact about Prop 8 in California and NOT polygamy you sleazy off topic moron! Take it to a polygamy thread ya OFF topic old FooL! Oh and by the way,you have only yourself to thank/blame for your deleted posts LIAR! Yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk! Still 34%!
Bill, what don't you understand about prop 8? It forbids polygamy as surely as it forbids same sex marriage.

It says in California, "marriage is a man and a woman". Does it say "men and women" Old SniffButts Billy? Think hard. Sound it out. Ask for help. Remember! There are no dumb posts. Only dopes like you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197913 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
That is the topic. Show me where it says anything about polygamy.
You can not miss it, look at the top of the page.
Supreme Court did not rule Tuesday on Proposition 8, the 2008 California initiative that banned same-sex marriage in the state, but signaled that the decision will come Wednesday.
The justices also did not issue their decision on the federal Defense of Marriage Act, which bars gay and lesbian married couples from receiving the same federal benefits as opposite-sex spouses. They indicated, however, that the decision in that case also will come Wednesday, saying all remaining opinions from the court's annual term would be issued then.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Rulings...
Proposition 8 was a ballot initiative, and a California state constitutional amendment, passed in the November 2008 elections, which says that "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California." The proposition overturned the California Supreme Court's ruling — from the same year — that same-sex couples "have a constitutional right to marry." However, Prop 8 didn't affect the state's domestic partnerships or same sex marriages performed before November 5, 2008. Nonetheless, the passage of Prop 8 — the same day the first African American president was elected — unleashed protests, demonstrations and numerous lawsuits challenging the proposition's validity. United States District Court Judge Vaughn Walker, who is openly gay, overturned Proposition 8 on August 4, 2010 in the case Perry v. Schwarzenegger, ruling that it violated both the Due Process and Equal Protection clauses of the United States Constitution. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals continued the stay, keeping Walker's ruling "on hold pending appeal." On February 7, 2012, in a 2–1 decision, a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals panel affirmed Walker's decision declaring the Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage to be unconstitutional.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/31061/what-...
Read prop 8 moron. It prohibits polygamy. It's overturning is a victory for polygamy too. Glad you don't like it.

Since: Mar 07

Hanover, VA

#197917 Jun 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, what don't you understand about prop 8? It forbids polygamy as surely as it forbids same sex marriage.
It says in California, "marriage is a man and a woman". Does it say "men and women" Old SniffButts Billy? Think hard. Sound it out. Ask for help. Remember! There are no dumb posts. Only dopes like you.
Silly idea. Makes as much sense as saying Prop 8 prohibits people from marrying palm trees. Try again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197918 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong Polygamy is banned under a different law, a law well over 125 years old. Prop 8 applies to same sex marriage.
Take the old law up with your Congressman, its yours and his/her problem
Wrong. Prop 8 bans polygamy too. Read it moron.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197919 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Look Frank, I posted two stories on prop 8. Learn how to read.
Learn to read. Start by reading prop 8. It bans polygamy too. What don't you understand about "marriage is a man and a woman"? Does it say men and women? Think hard. Ask for help.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197920 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong Polygamy is banned under a different law, a law well over 125 years old. Prop 8 applies to same sex marriage.
If the other law against polygamy was repealed but prop 8 was not, would polygamy be legal in CA Jizzy?

No? Why not? because prop 8 bans it! Amazing huh? Always ask for help.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197921 Jun 25, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly idea. Makes as much sense as saying Prop 8 prohibits people from marrying palm trees. Try again.
No, Prop 8 does not say anything about palm trees. But it does say marriage is A man and A woman, which prohibits SSM and Polygamy equally.

Glad it upsets you, but that's marriage equality, it's even for people you don't like. That's what equality means!

Relax, what harm would a loving marriage of three men cause you? Don't like poly marriage? Don't marry more than one person. Easy!

If legalized, polygamy will still be so rare you'll probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#197922 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>So are you then telling me that you follow all 613
laws as written in the OT???? Is your salvation based on your works and the OT or By the Grace of God and the NT???
One can only ask do you eat pork, shrimp?
Tell me are you allowed to marry a Gentile?
No Riccardo, your salvation does not come from the OT (Torah) but through the Blood of the Christ. See ya sport
Jesus did not come to this earth for the purpose of acting as an opponent of the law. His goal was not to prevent its fulfillment. Rather, He revered it, loved it, obeyed it, and brought it to fruition. He fulfilled the law’s prophetic utterances regarding Himself (Luke 24:44). Christ fulfilled the demands of the Mosaic law, which called for perfect obedience under threat of a “curse”(see Galatians 3:10, 13). In this sense, the law’s divine design will ever have an abiding effect. It will always accomplish the purpose for which it was given.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197923 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
"Take the old law up with your Congressman, its yours and his/her problem"

If anyone said that in relation to SSM, you'd scream.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197924 Jun 25, 2013
Bill and/or Jizzy are feverishly rigging the judge-its to cancel any support for Frankie!

Come one dudes, make it credible.

You two morons are wrong. Prop 8 prohibits polygamy too. Lie with it. Admit your ignorance and move on.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197925 Jun 25, 2013
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.

Prop 8 also bans polygamy. It's over turning is a victory for polygamy too. Equally.

If you don't like it, that's irrelevant. But don't tell me prop 8 doesn't ban polygamy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197926 Jun 25, 2013
WOO~HOOO! Whoop!~Whoop! Jizzy and Bill. Dumber and dumbest.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197927 Jun 25, 2013
Mahmoud Abdullah wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you protecting honor of marriage, now you say marriage have been desecrated. So if marriage lost honor there no honor for protecting? Oh no yore cover have been blown!! So what yore trying protect then? You only here for bash gays, now yore try take personal bash to me yore been exposed for who yore truly are racist homophobic you sounding like that KKK I hearing about.
KKK?

Kute
Knoble
Klever
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#197928 Jun 25, 2013
Would you let these freaks despoil the instituion of marriage?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197929 Jun 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote: Wanting someone cured means you want them dead? Are you serious VV??? Tell me this VV, what would be lost if your homosexuality were cured? What would be gained? Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH ... Wanting someone cured means you don't accept them. I'm a monster mutation. I've accepted that just fine. But if I could be 'cured'? Absolutely. VV you go from one stupid ridiculous statement to another. And who said I wanted you cured? Then you compare me to experiments vs a cure, preformed against the will of the victim? That is simply more of your gay troll slander. I ask you for the hundredth time, why are tactics like that necessary for a legitimate cause???? Additionally, asking someone what the consequences of a cure would be, can hardly be equated to racism. I ask you again, what would be lost? What would be gained? As to your continued slander about what I said, I've posted what I said, until you prove otherwise, the one thing we know is that you are a liar.
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH...
<quoted text>
I was hardly speaking of you.
It is clear you deserve your condition.
It is clear that homosexuality is a evolutionary mating behavior defect.
It is clear that scientists are stuck unable to find a legitimate purpose for homosexuality.
It is clear that they expect to confirm a epi-marker mistake as the cause.
It is clear that once a cause is determined, most homosexuals will seek a cure, or prevention at the least.
It is clear you keep dumbing down on a lie because you have nothing else.
You were hardly speaking of me?!? I'm sorry, did I misunderstand when you asked what I would lose or what I would gain if "cured" of homosexuality? You were absolutely talking about me when you discussed a "cure".--FACT #1

Homosexuality is not a "condition".--FACT #2

No legitimate scientist in any field has ever suggested that homosexuality is an evolutionary mating behavior defect.--FACT #3

There are plenty of theories as to why homosexuals exist. That there hasn't been a universal consensus among scientists DOES NOT mean that one does not exist. Likewise, there are many theories as to what causes gravity. No one has been able to reproduce gravity in a laboratory. It can be mimicked through centripetal force devices. However, we observe gravity on a daily basis. To not understand an issue in its entirety DOES NOT mean that it should not exist.--FACT #4

NO ONE other than YOU has referred to the "epi-genetic THEORY" that may explain homosexuality as a "MISTAKE". If the "epi-genetic theory" is ever proven to be linked to homosexuality, IT DOES NOT imply that homosexuality is a mistake. In fact it would be MORE evidence that homosexuality is a NATURALLY OCCURRING phenomenon.--FACT #5

There is NO evidence that once a cause is established for homosexuality that "most" will seek a cure.--FACT #6

Once again your lies have been decimated.

You continue to show your hand. Everyone who is following this exchange has NO DOUBT as to your motives.

In your ideal world, homosexuals would not exist. You are an eugenicist sh!t stain who believes that a huge segment of the population needs to be "cured". You are an embarrassment to the human race.

But I've got news for you, Blanche... This isn't YOUR world. It's God's world. It's the Creator's world. And God, the Creator, WANTED gay people to be here.

The way I see it you have two choices. You can get on board with the rest of modern society. Or you can be miserable as the world goes on around you. It's your choice.
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#197930 Jun 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
KKK?
Kute
Knoble
Klever
KKKoming to a KKKlavern near you.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197931 Jun 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You were hardly speaking of me?!? I'm sorry, did I misunderstand when you asked what I would lose or what I would gain if "cured" of homosexuality? You were absolutely talking about me when you discussed a "cure".--FACT #1
Homosexuality is not a "condition".--FACT #2
No legitimate scientist in any field has ever suggested that homosexuality is an evolutionary mating behavior defect.--FACT #3
There are plenty of theories as to why homosexuals exist. That there hasn't been a universal consensus among scientists DOES NOT mean that one does not exist. Likewise, there are many theories as to what causes gravity. No one has been able to reproduce gravity in a laboratory. It can be mimicked through centripetal force devices. However, we observe gravity on a daily basis. To not understand an issue in its entirety DOES NOT mean that it should not exist.--FACT #4
NO ONE other than YOU has referred to the "epi-genetic THEORY" that may explain homosexuality as a "MISTAKE". If the "epi-genetic theory" is ever proven to be linked to homosexuality, IT DOES NOT imply that homosexuality is a mistake. In fact it would be MORE evidence that homosexuality is a NATURALLY OCCURRING phenomenon.--FACT #5
There is NO evidence that once a cause is established for homosexuality that "most" will seek a cure.--FACT #6
Once again your lies have been decimated.
You continue to show your hand. Everyone who is following this exchange has NO DOUBT as to your motives.
In your ideal world, homosexuals would not exist. You are an eugenicist sh!t stain who believes that a huge segment of the population needs to be "cured". You are an embarrassment to the human race.
But I've got news for you, Blanche... This isn't YOUR world. It's God's world. It's the Creator's world. And God, the Creator, WANTED gay people to be here.
The way I see it you have two choices. You can get on board with the rest of modern society. Or you can be miserable as the world goes on around you. It's your choice.
You already made your choice clear. I was trying to get you into a normal gay's shoes.

In your case, it is a condition.

Mating behavior has one goal. Homosexuality fails.

'Normally' the epi-marker is erased. Abnormally, as in your case, it is not.

Normal gays would choose a cure.

But hey, this all started with your delight with a depraved parade, what do I know?
Zoro Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197932 Jun 25, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Would you let these freaks despoil the instituion of marriage?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1USs58TO0D4XX
Is the one with the red clown hair Jizzy?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197933 Jun 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of several states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
That never gets old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 16 hr Big Red 35
Which cheap and legit site to buy fifa 15 coins? Fri alex 3
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 24 yes call me 09864... 376
'Hybrid' store displays new plans (Jun '07) Dec 23 Silver Blade 4
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Dec 21 WhyWait 36
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA Dec 21 D mann 1
Police Blotter: Porch package snatcher arrested... Dec 21 One way or another 5

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto