Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
in the know

UK

#196750 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't find Elbert's video anymore. It seems to have vanished. Has it been quashed by the progressive committee? You know, censored for non approved incorrect speak?
The man is eloquent.
There's several here:

http://www.elbertguillory.com/
Starddard

Monrovia, CA

#196752 Jun 19, 2013
A quick and fast / little time to waste:

Ex-Communist Party of China official executed for child rapes, 2013..
BaseLine

Monrovia, CA

#196755 Jun 19, 2013
Stand Against the GOP and their War on Women

In recent weeks, we’ve seen some pretty unbelievable headlines in the news – the words that are coming out of these guys’ mouths are simply unacceptable. It’s time to let these GOP men know once and for all that their assault on women’s rights is simply unacceptable.

EMILY’s List is on the front lines in the fight against the GOP and their War on Women. Join us today!

Glendora, California is a hot bed of Anti-Women activities by the City Council member's and city hall staff, just ask Josh Betta why he had to leave in a hurry before the courts got a hold of him, the GPD could hide his activities with out endangering themselves to prosecution too.
in the know

UK

#196758 Jun 19, 2013
Cocaine Line wrote:
Stand Against the GOP and their War on Women
Refresh our memories. What did the N.O.W. S.o.w.s. do for Paula Jones? Sarah Palin? What of leftist fecal matter and their "Mann Coulter" fundamentalism?

No doubt Rosie Manface will help you out if you get stumped.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196759 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK! Had a Captain when I was in the Navy he was so military we thought he probably did that.
Old Iron Ass. Slapped me in the brig for 33 days once. Marines calling me maggot. Maggot this and maggot that. I came out a lean mean fighting machine! Silver lining.
Golly Flunkie tell us another war store

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#196760 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you seriously think we are going to a one party system?
Damn, you're still one of the stupidest asshats on Topix. Um, dear, if a party splits, that would infer MORE parties, not less you moron.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The republican party is going to fade away then it will be happy happy pure democrat la la land?
Again, your stupidity shines through. No one, other than you, is discussing a one party, or purely democrat.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on fool! Look at history.
We have. We've discussed history numerous times. Demonstrating how those that side against the equality of others they don't like, based soley on characteristics they don't share, are always on the losing side of it. Why don't YOU try looking at history fool.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196761 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making a fool out of yourself again. Desperately trying to hand me my ass is a whole different thing than actually doing it. Your weak attempts are ridiculous and just showcase your desperation.
Relax fruitloops. You're just another troll. And not a very good one being that you are so stupid.
Relax why u mad bro?

“STOP THE SPREAD OF LIES”

Since: Jun 13

JEWS ARE GOD'S CHOSEN ONES

#196762 Jun 19, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear god.... yet another clueless dumbass.... Homosexuality isn't abnormal, you dolt. geeeeeeeeeeeez.....
Do you think that men who have sex with same sex adult donkeys are abnormal? GEEEEEEEEEZ.......If not, please explain.

Do you think that lesbians who have anal sex with men are abnormal?

I am simply hoping to discover your definition of abnormal.
Stardaddard

Monrovia, CA

#196763 Jun 19, 2013
A quick and fast / little time to waste:

Ex-Communist Party of China official executed for child rapes, 2013.

Quick and easy, paperwork kept low as possible.
laughing man

UK

#196764 Jun 19, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, you're still one of the stupidest asshats on Topix. Um, dear, if a party splits, that would infer MORE parties, not less you moron.
He meant less of a viable Party, Brainiac.

How stupid can you polyp bangers be?
laughing man

UK

#196768 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonah1 is so angry he can't see straight. Wait'll you get a load of this dumb jackass! You're in for a real treat.
Today has been something else. It's like the Stupid Bus just rolled in.

GLAAD must have promised them some free AIDS tests?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#196769 Jun 19, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
We have. We've discussed history numerous times. Demonstrating how those that side against the equality of others they don't like, based soley on characteristics they don't share, are always on the losing side of it. Why don't YOU try looking at history fool.
Why don't you try looking at biology, fool.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196772 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have tried that "why you mad" schtick about 20 times now and it has not worked once.
Trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results is just another example of your stupidity.
P.S. Why you mad?
P.P.S. Jizzy, you are a buffoon.
Hush now, don't you cry.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#196773 Jun 19, 2013
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/351478/pri...

Marriage, Democracy, and the Court
It’s unconstitutional for activist judges to settle the marriage debate.
By Ryan T. Anderson
A hallmark of democratic self-government is that the people should discuss, debate, and vote on important policy matters. And in America their votes should count, except when they clearly violate the people’s more settled will as expressed in the U.S. Constitution. Where the Constitution is silent, the task of a conscientious judge is to respect the constitutional authority of citizens and their elected officials.

That’s what’s at stake in the two marriage cases on which the Supreme Court is expected to rule within the next week or so.

A recent New York Times/CBS News poll found that “a solid majority of Americans opposes a broad national right to same-sex marriage.” Americans do not want the Supreme Court to redefine marriage for the entire nation.

And earlier this week, the Pew Research Center reported that media coverage has been overwhelmingly biased, by a factor of five to one, in favor of redefining marriage to include same-sex couples. Pew also found that ordinary Americans taking to social-media sites such as Twitter have been split more or less evenly.

That’s the reality of the discussion right now in America: We’re in the middle of a debate, with neither side’s position “inevitable.” This discussion is healthy for our democratic republic. And it would be wrong for the Supreme Court to shut down

Whatever your views on the policy merits of redefining marriage, all Americans should be loud and clear on this: Activist courts shouldn’t silence the voices and votes of citizens. There is nothing in the text, history, logic, or structure of the Constitution that requires the redefinition of marriage.

So what are these two cases before the Supreme Court? And what’s at stake?

One case concerns DOMA, which was passed by overwhelming majorities in both houses of Congress and signed into law by President Bill Clinton. DOMA defined marriage for purposes of federal law, making explicit what was understood at the time of our country’s founding — that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.

Some have argued that Congress lacks authority to make marriage policy for federal purposes and that it has to accept whatever definition of marriage the states come up with. But this view gets our Constitution and federalism wrong. Just as the states have constitutional authority to make state policy about marriage, so too Congress may pass a federal statute defining a term for federal programs created by federal law. Indeed, Congress has legislated legitimately on marriage more than 1,100 times. DOMA only made clear that Congress meant one man and one woman when it used the words “marriage” and “spouse.”

Some try to argue that what really is unconstitutional isn’t Congress making this law, but anyone’s making a law that defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman. That view is at the center of the other marriage case before the high court, concerning California’s Proposition 8.

Prop 8 is a state constitutional amendment approved by California voters in 2008; it defines marriage for state purposes as the union of one man and one woman. This case provides the Supreme Court with the opportunity to reject faulty arguments that laws defining marriage as between a man and a woman violate the equal-protection clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Equality demands that we treat in the same way things that are the same. But a same-sex relationship is fundamentally different from a marriage. No same-sex union can produce a child. And no same-sex relationship can provide a child with a mother and a father.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196774 Jun 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.nationalreview.com/ node/351478/print?utm_source=R TA+NRO+Marriage&utm_campai gn=winstorg&utm_medium=ema il
Marriage, Democracy, and the Court
It’s unconstitutional for activist judges to settle the marriage debate.
By Ryan T. Anderson
And earlier this week, the Pew Research Center reported that media
Equality demands that we treat in the same way things that are the same. But a same-sex relationship is fundamentally different from a marriage. No same-sex union can produce a child. And no same-sex relationship can provide a child with a mother and a father.
"A hallmark of democratic self-government is that the people should discuss, debate, and vote on important policy matters. And in America their votes should count, except when they clearly violate the people’s more settled will as expressed in the U.S. Constitution. Where the Constitution is silent, the task of a conscientious judge is to respect the constitutional authority of citizens and their elected officials.
That’s what’s at stake in the two marriage cases on which the Supreme Court is expected to rule within the next week or so.
A recent New York Times/CBS News poll found that “a solid majority of Americans opposes a broad national right to same-sex marriage.” Americans do not want the Supreme Court to redefine marriage for the entire nation.

When did we as voters start voting on laws?
sheesh

Spotsylvania, VA

#196775 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to shift the blame for Obama's spying on fellow Americans to Cheney.
Don't try to back paddle out of it now! Stand behind your spin.
I didn't try to shift anything. I pointed out the hypocrisy that lives in all the criticism of Obama's policies that steadfastly comes from republicans, especially when they mirror their own desires. You just put your own spin on what I said. I'll go one step further and make the observation that anyone, right or left, who cannot recognize that their party has a lot of crazy ideas is full of shxt.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196776 Jun 19, 2013

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#196777 Jun 19, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
"A hallmark of democratic self-government is that the people should discuss, debate, and vote on important policy matters. And in America their votes should count, except when they clearly violate the people’s more settled will as expressed in the U.S. Constitution. Where the Constitution is silent, the task of a conscientious judge is to respect the constitutional authority of citizens and their elected officials.
When did we as voters start voting on laws?
Are u unfamiliar with various state propositions that are put on the ballots at election time, like prop 22, and prop 8?
laughing man

UK

#196778 Jun 19, 2013
I wouldn't trust the Media if they said the sun rises in the morning. Long ago they proved to be pinko activists. Seriously, when's the last time they stuck with the 5 W's and nothing else.

They played their final hand after the attacks of 2001. It wasn't one month(!) later they issued their "Diversity" standards, which was cover for appeasement and collaboration.

http://www.spj.org/divguidelines.asp

They truly are the Fifth Column.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#196779 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are mating dances, happens homosexually in animals too, thank you for making my point :)
Not at all, I actually know what I am talking about
here we go again comparing homosexually to animals. Some males in the animal world give birth, will that be the new norm too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Animal rescue group finds forever homes 16 hr dead chug good chug 2
Belmont Cops Racist Nov 26 justice4all 1
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Nov 26 Calvin James 14
Rouse Properties Executes Three H&M Leases at K... Nov 25 kev 1
Complaints Against Google+ Nov 24 Ditto 93
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Nov 24 harry singh 374
Ben smith Nov 22 old friend 1

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match