Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
171,301 - 171,320 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We could go with Volcano worship, toss the occasional virgin into the fire.
But I still think FSM is the best bet. You have been touched by his noodley appendage.
RaMen
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Thief Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
You ain't getting away with this.
You give credit for other peoples work or you're a loser, a thief, a lazy sack of crap.
Pardon the redundancy.
B
l
o
w

m
e
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

get outta my neighborhood wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not our place to have to look up things you should be giving credit to.
You're immoral and unethical, in this regard basically a thief. Let's see if your kind says a word about it.
Jizzy does it all the time. Makes some statement and then tells you to prove it! Too f*in' FUNNY! He's a moron. That's why I like the silly jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>It was from your link . Like I said what religion should we use?
Like I said. We shouldn't use religion at all. It would violate the first amendment.

You should stop trying to use religion to deny rights. That also violates the first amendment.

Ask for help. Sound it out.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

When I visited Ellis Island I was struck by one of the questions on the admittance form for citizenship. Right next to a question asking if a prospective immigrant was an anarchist was also “Are you a polygamist?”

It seems that polygamy was a way to keep out the non-Christian and many times non-white people, and to culturally exclude them.

Jizzy is like that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
B
l
o
w
m
e
Oy vey. Give it up Jizzy you moron.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jizzy does it all the time. Makes some statement and then tells you to prove it! Too f*in' FUNNY! He's a moron. That's why I like the silly jackass.
I dunno, I sometimes feel guilty slapping it around. It's like I walked into a mental ward to pick a fight.

They truly are pitiful, aren't they?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>RaMen
LOL!

Hey they took on the Kansas City school board and won, hats off to them.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zero wrote:
<quoted text>
B
l
o
w
m
e
C'mon, thief, was that your best shot? Let's see some of that intellectual firepower you losers claim to have.

I'm laughing at you, Zero.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>It was from your link . Like I said what religion should we use?
Like I said probably 4 or 5 times by now. None. You are the one wishing to violate the first amendment, not I.

Next time you get the urge to ask what religion we should use, please try to remember the first amendment. Please. it's ridiculous you ask that dumb question over and over when I have already answered it.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try and get it through your thick head I am not asking to change a law based on religion.
But you are trying to justify the law against polygamy based on religion.
You love to cite the First Amendment read it. You are attempting to violate it by basing a law on religion.
You would deny a whole group rights because some of them are of a religion you hate.
How does it feel to argue against equality you bigot?
Look all the groups that YOU have listed that wish Polygamy, do so based on their religious beliefes. So you are saying that the laws reguarding polygamy be changed to suit religion. WE as a Nation do not make laws based on religion. What is so hard to understand?
If we change laws based on religion which religion shall we base them on?

The First Amendment says that we will not have a national religion. You as a citizen are free to worship as you see fit. You may follow your religious laws as you see fit. But religious laws do not trump civil laws.
Example. Your religion says that you must pray twice a day. Great do so. Now try and make a civil law that requires me to pray twice a day.

Your religion says polygamy is accepted. Our civil laws sa no, guess what. The correct answer is NO.

Now post a link to the 500,000 people who wish polygamy, that are not based on religious beliefes.

Don't you understand that IF we allow that one simple change in the structure of our base of law making, we will open the door to many many more changes based on religion.

A standard will have been set, what will stop other religions from demanding equal treatment of their beliefs?

Repeal of Roe V Wade
Slavery
Womens rights
Dietary laws
Sodomy laws
Adultery laws
The list can and will grow.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno, I sometimes feel guilty slapping it around. It's like I walked into a mental ward to pick a fight.
They truly are pitiful, aren't they?
Jizzy is truly a moron. That's why the silly jackass is fun.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Look all the groups that YOU have listed that wish Polygamy, do so based on their religious beliefes. So you are saying that the laws reguarding polygamy be changed to suit religion. WE as a Nation do not make laws based on religion. What is so hard to understand?
The First Amendment says that we will not have a national religion. You as a citizen are free to worship as you see fit. You may follow your religious laws as you see fit. But religious laws do not trump civil laws.
Example. Your religion says that you must pray twice a day. Great do so. Now try and make a civil law that requires me to pray twice a day.
Your religion says polygamy is accepted. Our civil laws sa no, guess what. The correct answer is NO.
Now post a link to the 500,000 people who wish polygamy, that are not based on religious beliefes.
Don't you understand that IF we allow that one simple change in the structure of our base of law making, we will open the door to many many more changes based on religion.
A standard will have been set, what will stop other religions from demanding equal treatment of their beliefs?
Repeal of Roe V Wade
Slavery
Womens rights
Dietary laws
Sodomy laws
Adultery laws
SSM and polygamy both have nothing to do with religion. You and D are only here to push your atheist religion of nothing. How can SSM be about equal rights but other minority groups are left to fend for themselves?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Hey they took on the Kansas City school board and won, hats off to them.
You bet they did.
Question
Is Frankie really that damn stupid? How hard is it to understand that we do not enact laws based on religious beliefes?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>You bet they did.
Question
Is Frankie really that damn stupid? How hard is it to understand that we do not enact laws based on religious beliefes?
I am cracking up at his comments, did he say we should not use religion to deny rights to others?

Who funded Prop 8 again?

( chuckle )
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>You bet they did.
Question
I forgot to answer your question

Yes, he is
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, thief, was that your best shot? Let's see some of that intellectual firepower you losers claim to have.
I'm laughing at you, Zero.
Me too! Jizzy is lots of fun. I love it when he comes around.

He posts "Blow me" vertically like some 4th grade moron. Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Look all the groups that YOU have listed that wish Polygamy, do so based on their religious beliefes. So you are saying that the laws reguarding polygamy be changed to suit religion. WE as a Nation do not make laws based on religion. What is so hard to understand?
Repeal of Roe V Wade
Slavery
Womens rights
Dietary laws
Sodomy laws
Adultery laws
There you go again basing rights on religion. Two words for you Jiz. First Amendment.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! Jizzy is lots of fun. I love it when he comes around.
He posts "Blow me" vertically like some 4th grade moron. Too funny!
What was it one of them said to you about being attention starved?
Ro in San Pedro CA

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

I think is SUCKS, that what the people want doesnt matter!!!! What ever happen to the VOICE of the people. It was voted on and should stand!!! Shame on you JUDGE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 30 min stand your ground 4,982
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) 2 hr Eugene Dean 7
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr marching banded 15,931
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) 6 hr parmar gangaram 372
Startup attorney forms group to get more women ... 13 hr Jack Meoff 2
Trouble sleeping: a warning sign of suicide in ... 13 hr Jack Meoff 5
Beam me up Scottie 13 hr Jack Meoff 32

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••