Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Orem

Durham, NC

#193271 May 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for X-box but from my experience no, he doesn't. I call him "Miss Ad Hominem".
He's very angry and has no outlet for it except attacking straight people safely from his keyboard.
You tell'em Frankie.

Whoop Whoop
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193272 May 25, 2013
iamlottoman wrote:
<quoted text>
hey guys, i just downloaded free PowerBall and megamillions android app, it creates luckynumber from my favorite numbers,saves on my phone/tablet for later use, has Quickpick, has lists of all winning numbers, search for devandy the developer on google play, he has several great app. This one is good cause i only play with my families fav numbers and this store on my phone, i go to store and click and it generates the number, also gives quickpick. Name of the apps are My Mega Millions Lucky Numbers, MY POWER BALL LUCKY NUMBERS. They are adding code so u can buy lottery from your phone. Its free, and no spam. Good luck and share with poor if u win.
If the app was actually worth a damn, then you'd have won the biggie last week and most certainly wouldn't be spamming for a penny a hit on a dive such as this.

You're one of those "intellectual" Obama voters, am I right? No, that's not right, because you're trying to make money, not steal it from the rest of us. You still ain't too sharp, though.
Orem

Durham, NC

#193273 May 25, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
If the app was actually worth a damn, then you'd have won the biggie last week and most certainly wouldn't be spamming for a penny a hit on a dive such as this.
You're one of those "intellectual" Obama voters, am I right? No, that's not right, because you're trying to make money, not steal it from the rest of us. You still ain't too sharp, though.
Whoop Whoop
tssssss

Dinuba, CA

#193274 May 25, 2013
It's a wrap
StandUpers

Covina, CA

#193275 May 25, 2013
GOV. Janet Brewer Follows Through on Threat to Veto Bills Until She Gets Her Way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193276 May 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious! You should write for Fux News.
Thank you. Yes, I am good if I do say so myself.

P.S. It's FOX, not FUX. Learn to spell dummy.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/18/pe...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193277 May 25, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Massachusetts where the Lowest Common Denominator kept ol' Swimmer Ted in power for decades?
I'm still laughing at you, zit grrrrrl.
Yes. If it were you or I who cowardly got drunk, crashed his car and left his date to drown before going home to bed, we'd still be in prison.

But does Teddy get punished for murder as he deserves? Nope! he gets re-elected a few times by the loonie left.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193278 May 25, 2013
StandUpers wrote:
GOV. Janet Brewer Follows Through on Threat to Veto Bills Until She Gets Her Way.
Chaps your ass eh, comrade? Like X-Box says- "tough sh!t". Only he is allowed to spell it correctly.
KeS

Modesto, CA

#193279 May 25, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr KeS:
>...Not to worry I won't flash your party. Accept that your engagement is sick. Ask Sodom And Gomorrah. Oh, that's right, God destroyed them. <
Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of inhospitality to strangers, NOT homosexuality. Have your preschool teacher explain it to you.
Fyi, our engagement was great! Our MARRIAGE is not "sick"; it's strong, and Christ-centered. You might just want to keep your nose out of our MARRIAGE, because sooner or later (decent people hope for sooner!)Marriage EQUALITY will prevail in all 50 states, plus DC. Get used to it.
Your statement "My disagreement is with the overturning of the Ban against SSM"s." is your opinion. You are against Marriage EQUALITY. Get a life, and grow UP.
I'm not opposed to marriage equality between a man and woman as marriage was created to be. Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of immorality and corruption.
Warry eyes

Covina, CA

#193280 May 25, 2013
A South Lake Tahoe police officer pleaded guilty May 22, 2013 Wednesday to multiple counts of witness tampering and obstruction of an official proceeding.

A three-year, multi-agency investigation involving the FBI led to 44-year-old John Gerald Polandís arrest in January 2013 on five counts of witness tampering.
horner

Dinuba, CA

#193283 May 25, 2013
Political babble...
DropDoor

Covina, CA

#193285 May 25, 2013
Time to start hanging as a means of keeping the crooks under control.

A South Lake Tahoe police officer pleaded guilty May 22, 2013 Wednesday to multiple counts of witness tampering and obstruction of an official proceeding.

A three-year, multi-agency investigation involving the FBI led to 44-year-old John Gerald Polandís arrest in January 2013 on five counts of witness tampering.

Fifteen minute trials and hanging take another 15 minutes.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#193292 May 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
All true.
<quoted text>
One in which you are unable, or unwilling to consider the possible long term consequences of for society as a whole.
<quoted text>
You are not prohibited from enjoying certain rights and protections provided they are enjoyed, so to speak, as part of an opposite sex married couple, regardless of orientation labels one wishes to use.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
As there are homosexuals who disagree with you.
<quoted text>
You are able or unwilling to consider the consequences of such a course if action. At what point does redefining marriage for whomever may ask, render marriage meaningless to society as a whole?
Countries have been recognizing same-sex unions since 1979 (The Netherlands).

Those countries where same-sex marriage are legal have hardly fallen or experienced consequences as a result.

What, exactly, are you afraid of? Are you still fearful of polygamy? Remember our discussion about the Attorney General of Virginia arguing that polygamy (as well as other ridiculous marriages) would result from allowing interracial couples to marry?

Fear of what lies ahead has never stopped legitimate progress.

Cowardice has rarely ever resulted in success.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193293 May 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Those countries where same-sex marriage are legal have hardly fallen or experienced consequences as a result.
What, exactly, are you afraid of? Are you still fearful of polygamy? Remember our discussion about the Attorney General of Virginia arguing that polygamy (as well as other ridiculous marriages) would result from allowing interracial couples to marry?
Why would you fear poly marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193294 May 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy is not a "ridiculous marriage" you flaming hypocrite!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193295 May 25, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The one about the tent and the sleeping bag?
:-D
The gay cowboy was ridin' ropin' and redecoratin'.
Gongers

Covina, CA

#193296 May 25, 2013
Bong the Gong and get this mess over with.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#193297 May 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you fear poly marriage?
I don't fear polygamy. I just don't endorse it.

It's been my personal and professional experience that relationships of that kind are rarely successful and happy for all members. There are alliances built, sometimes without the knowledge of all of the players. Resentments can build. People can feel lost in the crowd. It's difficult enough to manage a relationship between two people, let alone several.

I've never been in any kind of relationship that was not monogamous. I think I would be jealous. I think I would feel lonely and easily hurt.

It's not something that I could find myself getting behind. But I don't "fear" it.

If polygamy happens, then it happens. It's not likely to impact me in any way. If people want to try to live their lives in plural relationships, that's up to them. More power to them.

I think most people know enough to choose their battles. Polygamy is not my battle.
Pees People

Covina, CA

#193298 May 25, 2013
When are the stupid elected officials going to take their?

Workers who lose their jobs would have to clear a drug screening to qualify for unemployment compensation under a proposal approved by the Texas Legislature
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193299 May 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't fear polygamy. I just don't endorse it.
It's been my personal and professional experience that relationships of that kind are rarely successful and happy for all members. There are alliances built, sometimes without the knowledge of all of the players. Resentments can build. People can feel lost in the crowd. It's difficult enough to manage a relationship between two people, let alone several.
I've never been in any kind of relationship that was not monogamous. I think I would be jealous. I think I would feel lonely and easily hurt.
It's not something that I could find myself getting behind. But I don't "fear" it.
If polygamy happens, then it happens. It's not likely to impact me in any way. If people want to try to live their lives in plural relationships, that's up to them. More power to them.
I think most people know enough to choose their battles. Polygamy is not my battle.
Listen to yourself bigot. Just replace polygamy with same sex marriage in your rant. You'd scream and probably vomit if someone talked that trash against SSM.

Who are you to decide if someone's marriage is worthy or viable? Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as SSM. They're both marriage, you know, equal.

Marriage. There is no one right way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr theos 2,276
US stocks start lower 10 hr 22andYou 45
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) 15 hr abusedmom 108
Topix is Against the First Amendment 16 hr William Knight 10
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 22 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sat surfs up 7,955
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palo Alto News, Events & Info