Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,416)

Showing posts 168,301 - 168,320 of200,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is why the wrong of Prop 8 wil be righted.
"only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the homosexual tendencies getting louder and louder?

Prop 8 is not wrong.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
"only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."
Yes they took away a right, and now same sex couples that cannot marry now are seeing for equal rights with same sex couples that are already married in California legally right now ( some 18,000 of them )

Prop 8 is doomed, one way or the other.

Either the Supreme Court will get it right and uphold it being overturned, or it will go back on the ballot and Prop 8 will be soundly and easily defeated.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, if you don’t understand this, then you should not vote.
I could get the majority of brown eyed people to vote on a ballot measure to deny blue eyed people the vote, it would be overturned as unconstitutional ( and rightly so )
Same thing here, a majority voted to deny a minority a right they already possessed, it will and should be overturned.
No you couldn't. You couldn't get the majority of brown eyed people to vote on a ballot measure to deny blue eyed people the vote, dummy. You couldn't even get the ballot measure. The state is broke enough without wasting money on your harebrained ideas.
REALLY

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

wow
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they took away a right, and now same sex couples that cannot marry now are seeing for equal rights with same sex couples that are already married in California legally right now ( some 18,000 of them )
Either the Supreme Court will get it right and uphold it being overturned, or it will go back on the ballot and Prop 8 will be soundly and easily defeated.
And if not we'll keep voting on it over and over until comes out the way Big D wants it dammit!

Let's redo the presidential election too!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I could get the majority of brown eyed people to vote on a ballot measure to deny blue eyed people the vote, it would be overturned as unconstitutional ( and rightly so )
Same thing here, a majority voted to deny a minority a right they already possessed, it will and should be overturned.
So the color of one's eyes is equatable with one's gender? The "minority" already posed the right long before prop 22, and prop 8.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of Prop 8 was to correct the wrong of those who defied the voters of prop 22.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the state need to issue a license?
Why does marriage need a license? A license to do what? Good questions.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If the state didn't require a license to get the benefits that are given to marriage, we wouldn't be here.
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't Blue eyes outnumber Brown eyes?
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
18,000 okie dokies rovokied.
brown eye seeks same

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Coprophiliacs need love too!!!!
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't obey because you hate God and give him the finger:
For hundreds of years biblicists have been lecturing people on the importance of adhering to the Bible's teachings on ethics, manners, and morality. They quote Jesus and Paul profusely, with a liberal sprinkling of Old Testament moralisms. The problem with their approach lies not only in an oft-noted failure to practice what they preach, but an equally pronounced tendency to ignore what the Bible itself, preaches. Biblicists practice what can only be described as "selective morality". What they like, they expound; what they don't like, they ignore, even though the validity or strength of one is no less than that of the other. That which is palatable and acceptable is supposedly applicable to all; while that which is obnoxious, inconvenient, or self-denying is only applicable to those addresed 2,000 years ago. They enjoy quoting the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and some of Paul's preachings, for example, but don't pretend to heed other, equally valid, maxims. The following examples show the selectivity of apologetic morality.
First, a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)
Never have given God the finger. God no longer walks on the planet but he's watching your every move. If anyone's ever gotten the finger from me it's because they're worthy and deserving of it.
actual intellectual

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't Blue eyes outnumber Brown eyes?
Yes, by a two to one margin!!!!
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

actual intellectual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, by a two to one margin!!!!
I win!!!
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Prop *8* Rules!!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
18,000 okie dokies rovokied.
Wrong there are 18,000 legally married and legally recognized same sex marriages in California today.

They did not revoke any marriages, that would have been a legal nightmare.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
Prop *8* Rules!!!
Careful, Big D is going to get so upset with you he'll probably vomit!

He'll surely start pontificating down to you at the very least.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the state didn't require a license to get the benefits that are given to marriage, we wouldn't be here.
Exactamundo!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,301 - 168,320 of200,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 50 min Helpful Hank 4,838
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Bruno24 15,910
The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you hav... 17 hr candylee 1
Soon everyone will be an electric company Jul 6 Solarman 2
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
...FARMER...is...GOD,..not... (Jun '13) Jul 3 PAUL SHYKORA artsdiscuss 20
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters