Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,396)

Showing posts 167,901 - 167,920 of200,202
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anti Everthing

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

California= everything goes. Don't care what the public thinks only what rationalization of some moron with a robe. One of the main reasons I do not live in Californicate nor will I ever visit.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Anti Everthing wrote:
California= everything goes. Don't care what the public thinks only what rationalization of some moron with a robe. One of the main reasons I do not live in Californicate nor will I ever visit.
Congratulations on Nevada's move in your legislature to overturn your states ban on Same Sex marriage

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Solid fools RNC wrote:
A majority of Republicans, RNC, GOP and Tea Party member's claim that "all" Hispanic immigrants had permanently lower IQs.
And that white Americans are smarter therefore Latino's are not wanted and should be discouraged from immigrating to the USA.
Are Italians latins?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Anti Everthing wrote:
You don't need to. You live in 'sin city' where anything goes! ROTFL

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny form someone whose marriage is "sanctioned" by your imaginary playmate.
As long as you believe in magical trees, talking snakes and a rib woman, I donít think anyone will be paying much attention to your opinion of morality
Who sanctioned your marriage Big D? A Church, or other house of worship, the state, or the Justice League?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Who sanctioned your marriage Big D? A Church, or other house of worship, the state, or the Justice League?
I guess Big D's marriage is sanctioned by his non-imaginary playmate.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I donít look for outside approval, I donít care about anyoneís beliefs in magical beings, filled out the legal paperwork for the government, but I donít need anyoneís approval and could actually care less what others think.

I expect the same is true for others... do you care what same sex couples think of your marriage? They should have the same level of consideration of what you think of theirs.
Brucie the gay parrot

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Solid fools RNC wrote:
A majority of Republicans, RNC, GOP and Tea Party member's claim that "all" Hispanic immigrants had permanently lower IQs.
And that white Americans are smarter therefore Latino's are not wanted and should be discouraged from immigrating to the USA.
Where's the proof?

What's the problem?

Celebrate Diversity1!!!
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Our Nation under a God who detests homosexuality, lesbianism. Constitutional or Unconstitutional.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
Our Nation under a God who detests homosexuality, lesbianism. Constitutional or Unconstitutional.
"Under God" was added to our nations pledge during the Eisenhower administration under the protests of the descendants of the pledges originator. There was no reference to any "God" in the original pledge.

You are free to believe in whichever "God" you choose to in this country, but no one else is under any obligation to follow the rules of any religion.
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Under God" was added to our nations pledge during the Eisenhower administration under the protests of the descendants of the pledges originator. There was no reference to any "God" in the original pledge.
You are free to believe in whichever "God" you choose to in this country, but no one else is under any obligation to follow the rules of any religion.
There is only one(1)true "God". Ref. Holy Bible www.biblegateway.com >>>Vote this Judge out.<<<
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible has been in existence since Adam, long before the pledge of allegiance.

www.biblegateway.com >>>Consult the Book above all Books.<<<

Genesis-Revelations. From the only Lawgiver & Judge.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one(1)true "God". Ref. Holy Bible www.biblegateway.com >>>Vote this Judge out.<<<
there are over 200 Gods that are believed in in this country alone, each one of those Gods are the "one true God" by the believers of that particular gods followers

What you are saying is meaningless, the rules you set for your religion are for the followers of your religion alone and no one else.

I donít have to follow your God or someone elseís other God or anyoneís God, and you donít have to follow theirs, that is what freedom of religion is. You are free to believe in this one or that one or none at all and you will be treated the same under the law

You are free to believe, you do not however have the right to enforce your beliefs onto others.
SEYMOUR DUCK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

SICK, SICK, SICK!
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
there are over 200 Gods that are believed in in this country alone, each one of those Gods are the "one true God" by the believers of that particular gods followers
What you are saying is meaningless, the rules you set for your religion are for the followers of your religion alone and no one else.
I donít have to follow your God or someone elseís other God or anyoneís God, and you donít have to follow theirs, that is what freedom of religion is. You are free to believe in this one or that one or none at all and you will be treated the same under the law
You are free to believe, you do not however have the right to enforce your beliefs onto others.
This is not about religion, only what is correct and incorrect.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You suggested he was gay in an attempt to insult him. It surely wasn't praise. I think that is stupid and counterproductive.
Then you must agree that it's an insult for him to suggest that I am a "broken straight person"--meaning that I am really straight, but "act" gay because I was abused or "act" gay because of some other such nonsense.

I'm sure that you believe his arguments are stupid and counterproductive? Hmmm?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in those things. Nothing I posted relates.
See my previous post above. Maybe the white coat boys could make one trip.
Snicker.
Every single post of yours comes from a place of intolerance based on your religious agenda. You're fooling none but yourself, Kuntmary.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible has been in existence since Adam, long before the pledge of allegiance.
You might wish to rethink that statement. It's completely wrong. The vast majority of Biblical events happened LONG after the creation story.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
www.biblegateway.com >>>Consult the Book above all Books.<<<
Genesis-Revelations. From the only Lawgiver & Judge.
Let me repeat back to you what you just informed me of

You just said that I personally know your bible better than you do. Although there is no proof that a Moses even existed, according to your bible your Moses wrote the beginnings of the old testament, many many generations after your ĒAdamĒ.

The new testament was not written until after 300 AD

There are many religious and non-religious works older than your bible.

Most of the stories of your bible were taken from several older religions.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not about religion, only what is correct and incorrect.
and so far.. everything you have said has been incorrect

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 167,901 - 167,920 of200,202
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Helpful Hank 4,838
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Bruno24 15,910
The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you hav... 18 hr candylee 1
Soon everyone will be an electric company Jul 6 Solarman 2
Review: Vencoa Inc (Jul '12) Jul 5 jainy2 54
...FARMER...is...GOD,..not... (Jun '13) Jul 3 PAUL SHYKORA artsdiscuss 20
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters