Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,901 - 167,920 of 200,652 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192330 May 16, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Who sanctioned your marriage Big D? A Church, or other house of worship, the state, or the Justice League?
OH I don’t look for outside approval, I don’t care about anyone’s beliefs in magical beings, filled out the legal paperwork for the government, but I don’t need anyone’s approval and could actually care less what others think.

I expect the same is true for others... do you care what same sex couples think of your marriage? They should have the same level of consideration of what you think of theirs.
Brucie the gay parrot

Tempe, AZ

#192331 May 16, 2013
Solid fools RNC wrote:
A majority of Republicans, RNC, GOP and Tea Party member's claim that "all" Hispanic immigrants had permanently lower IQs.
And that white Americans are smarter therefore Latino's are not wanted and should be discouraged from immigrating to the USA.
Where's the proof?

What's the problem?

Celebrate Diversity1!!!
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192332 May 16, 2013
Our Nation under a God who detests homosexuality, lesbianism. Constitutional or Unconstitutional.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192333 May 16, 2013
KeS wrote:
Our Nation under a God who detests homosexuality, lesbianism. Constitutional or Unconstitutional.
"Under God" was added to our nations pledge during the Eisenhower administration under the protests of the descendants of the pledges originator. There was no reference to any "God" in the original pledge.

You are free to believe in whichever "God" you choose to in this country, but no one else is under any obligation to follow the rules of any religion.
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192334 May 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Under God" was added to our nations pledge during the Eisenhower administration under the protests of the descendants of the pledges originator. There was no reference to any "God" in the original pledge.
You are free to believe in whichever "God" you choose to in this country, but no one else is under any obligation to follow the rules of any religion.
There is only one(1)true "God". Ref. Holy Bible www.biblegateway.com >>>Vote this Judge out.<<<
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192335 May 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible has been in existence since Adam, long before the pledge of allegiance.

www.biblegateway.com >>>Consult the Book above all Books.<<<

Genesis-Revelations. From the only Lawgiver & Judge.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192336 May 16, 2013
KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one(1)true "God". Ref. Holy Bible www.biblegateway.com >>>Vote this Judge out.<<<
there are over 200 Gods that are believed in in this country alone, each one of those Gods are the "one true God" by the believers of that particular gods followers

What you are saying is meaningless, the rules you set for your religion are for the followers of your religion alone and no one else.

I don’t have to follow your God or someone else’s other God or anyone’s God, and you don’t have to follow theirs, that is what freedom of religion is. You are free to believe in this one or that one or none at all and you will be treated the same under the law

You are free to believe, you do not however have the right to enforce your beliefs onto others.
SEYMOUR DUCK

United States

#192337 May 16, 2013
SICK, SICK, SICK!
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192338 May 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
there are over 200 Gods that are believed in in this country alone, each one of those Gods are the "one true God" by the believers of that particular gods followers
What you are saying is meaningless, the rules you set for your religion are for the followers of your religion alone and no one else.
I don’t have to follow your God or someone else’s other God or anyone’s God, and you don’t have to follow theirs, that is what freedom of religion is. You are free to believe in this one or that one or none at all and you will be treated the same under the law
You are free to believe, you do not however have the right to enforce your beliefs onto others.
This is not about religion, only what is correct and incorrect.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#192339 May 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You suggested he was gay in an attempt to insult him. It surely wasn't praise. I think that is stupid and counterproductive.
Then you must agree that it's an insult for him to suggest that I am a "broken straight person"--meaning that I am really straight, but "act" gay because I was abused or "act" gay because of some other such nonsense.

I'm sure that you believe his arguments are stupid and counterproductive? Hmmm?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#192340 May 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in those things. Nothing I posted relates.
See my previous post above. Maybe the white coat boys could make one trip.
Snicker.
Every single post of yours comes from a place of intolerance based on your religious agenda. You're fooling none but yourself, Kuntmary.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#192341 May 16, 2013
KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible has been in existence since Adam, long before the pledge of allegiance.
You might wish to rethink that statement. It's completely wrong. The vast majority of Biblical events happened LONG after the creation story.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192342 May 16, 2013
KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
www.biblegateway.com >>>Consult the Book above all Books.<<<
Genesis-Revelations. From the only Lawgiver & Judge.
Let me repeat back to you what you just informed me of

You just said that I personally know your bible better than you do. Although there is no proof that a Moses even existed, according to your bible your Moses wrote the beginnings of the old testament, many many generations after your ”Adam”.

The new testament was not written until after 300 AD

There are many religious and non-religious works older than your bible.

Most of the stories of your bible were taken from several older religions.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192343 May 16, 2013
KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
and so far.. everything you have said has been incorrect
sheesh

Conowingo, MD

#192344 May 16, 2013
KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you include religious elements in your posts.
Civiled

Covina, CA

#192345 May 16, 2013
People in Florida need to get their acts straightened up, beside3s have the dumbest laws that are throw back to the civil wars years but they have dumb politician's and judges too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192346 May 16, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must agree that it's an insult for him to suggest that I am a "broken straight person"--meaning that I am really straight, but "act" gay because I was abused or "act" gay because of some other such nonsense.
I'm sure that you believe his arguments are stupid and counterproductive? Hmmm?
Haven't read them. Just saw your hateful nonsense blaring out, just begging for Frankie's comments.

Aren't you lucky!?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#192347 May 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I don’t look for outside approval, I don’t care about anyone’s beliefs in magical beings, filled out the legal paperwork for the government, but I don’t need anyone’s approval and could actually care less what others think.
I expect the same is true for others... do you care what same sex couples think of your marriage? They should have the same level of consideration of what you think of theirs.
Nice try Big D but u dodged tge question. Who sanctioned your marriage? Be honest......remember honesty is in the super hero manual.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192348 May 16, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try Big D but u dodged tge question. Who sanctioned your marriage? Be honest......remember honesty is in the super hero manual.
Legally, the state of California sanctioned it, the only person I asked permission of ( other than my wife ) was her father ( I am old fashioned that way ) He knew before she did.

It was a non-religious ceremony, quite nice, close family and friends and one heck of a honeymoon, we spent more on the honeymoon than the wedding.

Not sure I understand your question... if it is different than I am responding... seriously
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#192349 May 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me the biggest fear that some pro SSM people have is poly marriage. Not me, I support true marriage equality. Do you?
Personally I believe in one wife, but I don't trying and force people to live under my rules. If they are conscenting adults, thats their business. If it came to a vote, I'd be checking the for box.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr Little Ricky 15,973
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr memo maddnes 5,020
Will Eric Schmidt Destroy Google? 16 hr Awesome 27
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 17 hr Awesome 30
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
Download Viber Messages Monitoring Application ... Mon jackydenny 1
Hunting for fun Sun Boner boy 1
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000