Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,396)

Showing posts 167,901 - 167,920 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I accuse them so that they can take a look at their own life and do a little self-reflection. So my calling someone "gay" has nothing to do with insults.
If you take it as an insult, that just shows your own, personal insecurities. You allegedly, straight men HATE to be called gay or mistaken for being gay. It's probably one of your greatest weaknesses.
How can you be so insecure if you are comfortable in your own heterosexuality?
That is so true... a few pages ago someone was trying to insult me by calling me Gay, I am not, but I donít consider it any kind of insult, just incorrect information.

Their mistake is that they are so insecure in themselves that they consider it a deadly insult, and assume incorrectly that everyone else is as weak and as insecure as they are themselves.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>"know nothing"....now I understand. You are poorly educated and you live in Tennessee, where the good ole country boys will beat the crap out of you for wagging your butt around them.
Why don't you walk in one of your country boy bars and say, "I like gay men and I support them."?
Not a chance.
Here is the thing, yungun, I acquired more education by grade 9, than you have acquired in all of your life. Fact.
Where do you work? Truck stop, so you can be around truckers who "come and go". Got it.
I have a master's degree in clinical social work. I lived for over 16 years in the San Francisco Bay Area--working as a clinical social worker. I returned to Tennessee 4 years ago. I currently live in one of the most liberal, educated cities in the state. We carried Obama in 2008 and 2012. Knoxville was rated by Advocate magazine as 8th most gay friendly cities in the nation last year. We also had the largest gay pride celebration of any other city in our state last year.

I've seen more and done more in my life than you will ever do in your little vapid, North Hollywood, modeling industry existence.

You, like Kimare,(the other dunce of this forum) are so obviously uneducated regarding science and humanity. You've never expanded your views on the matter which we discuss. You take one or two life examples and try to turn them into philosophies that explain the world.

With every one of your posts, you expose your white, underbelly of ignorance. If I were you, I would be terribly embarrassed.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I accuse them so that they can take a look at their own life and do a little self-reflection. So my calling someone "gay" has nothing to do with insults.
If you take it as an insult, that just shows your own, personal insecurities. You allegedly, straight men HATE to be called gay or mistaken for being gay. It's probably one of your greatest weaknesses.
ya.....'allegedly straight'---so many in these threads.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>If that makes you happy. You seem very homophobic and fearful of gays. No, I surround myself with people who work and function in certain businesses. In fact, most of my friends are straight. I don't ask them if they are gay, because I do not care. I also frequent Beverly Hills and Sherman Oaks, where I know a lot of Persians. Nice, thanks for proving that you are getting destroyed in this debate. I always love how you gays always dig deep and use gay slurs as your best hate attacks.
You may need this. By the way, I know your type. You like to try to shift the debate into attacks, so you can avoid the facts and so you can report to the Mods that your feelings were hurt.
Multiple studies have identified high rates of psychiatric illness, including depression, drug abuse and suicide attempts, among selfprofessed gays and lesbians.74 Some proponents of GLB rights have used these findings to conclude that mental illness is induced by other people's unwillingness to accept same-sex attraction and behavior as normal. They point to homophobia, effectively defined as any opposition to or critique of gay sex, as the cause for the higher rates of psychiatric illness, especially among gay youth.75 Although homophobia must be considered as a potential cause for the increase in mental health problems, the medical literature suggests other conclusions.
An extensive study in the Netherlands undermines the assumption that homophobia is the cause of increased psychiatric illness among gays and lesbians. The Dutch have been considerably more accepting of same-sex relationships than other Western countries ó in fact, same-sex couples now have the legal right to marry in the Netherlands.76 So a high rate of psychiatric disease associated with homosexual behavior in the Netherlands means that the psychiatric disease cannot so easily be attributed to social rejection and homophobia.
quoted text-
You see, I am not a bigot like you. I
Just goes to show how little you understand homosexuality...

You do realize that coming to terms with one's sexual orientation has more to do with self-acceptance than it does with societal acceptance don't you?

Just because the adult population of The Netherlands has advanced to a level of acceptance of homosexuality doesn't mean that it is the Garden of Eden for gay people.

We still have to deal with school-yard bullying by our young peers. We still must face the possibility of being ostracized by our families. We still have to deal with narrow minded religious sects.

Even Dutch gay people see how "their kind" is treated around the world. It continues to send a strong and negative message to them.

Until there is across the board acceptance of homosexuality from childhood through adulthood, gay individuals will continue to deal with the stress and strife of being "different". And this long term stress will result in personal, psychological discomfort.

Living in San Francisco, one of the gay friendliest cities in America, didn't insulate us from the attacks by the rest of the state--particularly by the proponents of Proposition 8.

See, you know nothing about being gay. You believe you do, but you don't. You lack true empathy. You lack a basic understanding of the science regarding homosexuality.

In the bigger picture, it doesn't matter. You are only one ignorant person in a sea of others who are finally beginning to understand gays. We live in a time where parents are beginning to understand that their child may be gay. These parents are providing a supportive and loving environment for their kids. That's progress.

And the world will continue to see progress when it comes to understanding homosexuality.

People like you are becoming a thing of the past. In the future, your family will see the things you have written and hang their heads in shame.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You suggested he was gay in an attempt to insult him. It surely wasn't praise. I think that is stupid and counterproductive.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so true... a few pages ago someone was trying to insult me by calling me Gay, I am not, but I donít consider it any kind of insult, just incorrect information.
Their mistake is that they are so insecure in themselves that they consider it a deadly insult, and assume incorrectly that everyone else is as weak and as insecure as they are themselves.
Right. VV's mistake is that he is so insecure in himself that he considers calling some one a closet gay a deadly insult, and assumes incorrectly that everyone else is as weak and as insecure as he is himself.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend not to respond to stupid ad homoan attacks. Sorry.
Moreover, gays are NOT developing 'their own relationship and rights'. They are trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.
At every level of identity, it is obvious they are a poor counterfeit, a clear fake and a silly imitation.
Everyone knows that the homosexual demand for marriage is a vain attempt to demand that their sexual handicap be accepted as normal.
If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?
Snicker.
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Still don't get it do ya? No one gives a crap about you and your religious agenda. Get a damn clue will ya!
You need to visit the white coat boys.
There is nothing in my post about a 'religious agenda'.
All I see in your response is no defense and denial.
Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny form someone whose marriage is "sanctioned" by your imaginary playmate.
As long as you believe in magical trees, talking snakes and a rib woman, I donít think anyone will be paying much attention to your opinion of morality
I don't believe in those things. Nothing I posted relates.

See my previous post above. Maybe the white coat boys could make one trip.

Snicker.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
Well I am sure you know the golden rule, to treat others as you want to be treated, rest assured I will treat you and your marriage exactly the same as you treat those same sex marriages.

I only treat you the way you are asking to be treated, with the same level of respect.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
Big D injects religion into his every post. Then he whines that religion is off topic if anyone else brings it up.

Just about the only time I see religion mentioned in this forum it is from Big D.
Anti Everthing

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

California= everything goes. Don't care what the public thinks only what rationalization of some moron with a robe. One of the main reasons I do not live in Californicate nor will I ever visit.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Anti Everthing wrote:
California= everything goes. Don't care what the public thinks only what rationalization of some moron with a robe. One of the main reasons I do not live in Californicate nor will I ever visit.
Congratulations on Nevada's move in your legislature to overturn your states ban on Same Sex marriage

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Solid fools RNC wrote:
A majority of Republicans, RNC, GOP and Tea Party member's claim that "all" Hispanic immigrants had permanently lower IQs.
And that white Americans are smarter therefore Latino's are not wanted and should be discouraged from immigrating to the USA.
Are Italians latins?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Anti Everthing wrote:
You don't need to. You live in 'sin city' where anything goes! ROTFL

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny form someone whose marriage is "sanctioned" by your imaginary playmate.
As long as you believe in magical trees, talking snakes and a rib woman, I donít think anyone will be paying much attention to your opinion of morality
Who sanctioned your marriage Big D? A Church, or other house of worship, the state, or the Justice League?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Who sanctioned your marriage Big D? A Church, or other house of worship, the state, or the Justice League?
I guess Big D's marriage is sanctioned by his non-imaginary playmate.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I donít look for outside approval, I donít care about anyoneís beliefs in magical beings, filled out the legal paperwork for the government, but I donít need anyoneís approval and could actually care less what others think.

I expect the same is true for others... do you care what same sex couples think of your marriage? They should have the same level of consideration of what you think of theirs.
Brucie the gay parrot

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Solid fools RNC wrote:
A majority of Republicans, RNC, GOP and Tea Party member's claim that "all" Hispanic immigrants had permanently lower IQs.
And that white Americans are smarter therefore Latino's are not wanted and should be discouraged from immigrating to the USA.
Where's the proof?

What's the problem?

Celebrate Diversity1!!!
KeS

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Our Nation under a God who detests homosexuality, lesbianism. Constitutional or Unconstitutional.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
Our Nation under a God who detests homosexuality, lesbianism. Constitutional or Unconstitutional.
"Under God" was added to our nations pledge during the Eisenhower administration under the protests of the descendants of the pledges originator. There was no reference to any "God" in the original pledge.

You are free to believe in whichever "God" you choose to in this country, but no one else is under any obligation to follow the rules of any religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 167,901 - 167,920 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Palo Alto Forum right now

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 25 min Coal is King 7,309
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Open Market Canada 15,673
Earth's extinction rate highly exaggerated: Study 5 hr FACT 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
Massive Octopus kite at Shoreline (Jun '08) Apr 17 Charlie 5
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Apr 15 Matthew Perri 27
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
•••
•••