Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,741 - 167,760 of 200,323 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Look at all this trash

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitcake.
You have nothing better to do than troll a gay marriage thread? I'm not gay, but I know a caveman bigot, when one presents them self. Resorting to name calling simply means, u have absolutely no comeback for what I said, so u once again resort to your caveman brain, and the only thing u can come up with is "relax fruitcake"...that pretty much tells me everything I need to know about u. I heard there's a hut for rent in Nigeria...it's got your name written all over it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Look at all this trash wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing better to do than troll a gay marriage thread? I'm not gay, but I know a caveman bigot, when one presents them self. Resorting to name calling simply means, u have absolutely no comeback for what I said, so u once again resort to your caveman brain, and the only thing u can come up with is "relax fruitcake"...that pretty much tells me everything I need to know about u. I heard there's a hut for rent in Nigeria...it's got your name written all over it.
Try and relax power ranger. You're all angry and overheated. No one cares.

Have your little hissy fit then come back with a point beyond all that hateful ranting.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfect example of why Gay Americans are fighting back. We’re not taking it anymore and we’re fighting back. The mouth pieces on this site are an amusing and motley crew of haters. They think their childish name calling and intimidation techniques have an impact on our resolve. I always chuckle when they ask if we’re mad. They’re simply impotent wind bags who pose no consequence to the realization of Gay Marriage Rights in the USA and Worldwide. I especially love it when the powerless haters whine on about how ten percent of the population can impose its will on ninety percent. It’s douche bags like these idiots who backed Gay Americans into a corner and then cry like little biotchs now that they azzes are getting handed to them. They can keep on spouting their inane elitist logic while Gay Americans drive real change. As of today twelve and counting……woohoo!!!
Then do so with honesty.

Not the gay twirl and attempt to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.

Why are you so ashamed of establishing your own relational identity?

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Wonder if they have SSM in Uganda?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Look at all this trash

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if they have SSM in Uganda?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I think I just lost some I.Q. from responding to this guy. He's only here to troll. Don't respond to him, he'll probably commit suicide if u don't.
Look at all this trash

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Notice how KiMare and Rizzo have absolutely no argument against what I said? I post on this site and others, sometimes under diff names, but one thing's consistent about my posts...I totally own anyone trying to argue w me...it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

I love how these bigots on here are bashing gays for not being able to have children, yet there are millions of foster kids, and orphans in this world in dire need of a family. Kids are being thrown in dumpsters, drown, starving to death, dying from diarrhea and your argument is that they can't procreate. You all would fit in perfectly along side Mahmoud Abdullah in Iran wouldn't u?? Who do u think is adopting all these kids all these wonderful hetero couples can't take care of?? That's right, thank God for gay people adopting your kids and giving them the life they couldn't have w their hetero parents. Shame on all these clueless 3rd world country bigots on here. Why don't you all move to Somalia or Saudi Arabia where your views will be shared by other 3rd world thinking/living sloths...u would be a great asset to their thriving communities, and stay out of 1st world countries; there's no place for people like u here anymore. Do us all a favor and go embarrass yourself somewhere else.
Nicely said!

A true follower of Jesus can neither divorce someone,(a) "So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder"(Matt. 19:6, Mark 10:9), nor marry someone who is divorced,(b) "whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery" (Matt. 5:32, 19:9, Luke 16:18). There is an exception to the former, however. If the spouse commits adultery, divorce is permissible: "Whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery" (Matt. 5:32). The Bible also says that anyone who obtains a divorce and marries another is an adulterer: "...whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11, Luke 16:18), which applies to women as well--Mark 10:12. In essence, according to Christ's teachings:
•(1) one can never obtain a divorce, except from an adulterous spouse;
•(2) one can never marry a divorced person, and
•(3) one who obtains a divorce and marries another is committing adultery.
One can only guess at the number of Christians who have ignored these maxims.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "economic status" on the list of protected groups? If it isn't, then, no, an attack based on your economic status is not a hate criime.
I see, so if its not on the list, it's not a "hate crime".
Now, if a large enough group of people are being attacked because of their economic status--if they are being bullied, physically attacked, etc.(see the definition from the U.S. Dept. of Justice)--then they can attempt to have their status placed on the list of people who are prone to hate crimes.
It happens everyday. It's usually referred to as robbery, mugging, burglary, or thievery.

It's a process. Surely, economically advantaged people would know how to work the system.
Also, it's often left up to a judge or jury to make a final call. If they believe there is evidence, I guess it's possible that they could determine that an attack based on "economic status" might be considered a hate crime.
If someone points a gun at you and says, "gimme your wallet", s/he's doing so because of your economic status. You have more money than him/her.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What "comeback" are you looking for? Gay people adopt kids, but so do straight people. Both can be good parents. Soooooo.....that means SSM should be legal?
Freaky Razzo

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Once again "freaky Rizzo" got lose again and he men with white coats and large nets on poles are looking for him.

Hope they catch him soon.
Smackerials

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Pee-Wee idiot poster #192130.

Blow off you freak!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think I just lost some I.Q. from responding to this guy. He's only here to troll. Don't respond to him, he'll probably commit suicide if u don't.
Try and relax. You ain't special fruitloops, you're just another angry jackass. You come here screaming and ranting, you get smacked. Calm down and make sense, maybe we'll talk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Smackerials wrote:
Pee-Wee idiot poster #192130.
Blow off you freak!
Shuddup you silly jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Notice how KiMare and Rizzo have absolutely no argument against what I said? I post on this site and others, sometimes under diff names, but one thing's consistent about my posts...I totally own anyone trying to argue w me...it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it...
I have no argument against same sex marriage because I support it. That's right jackass, what do you think about that? The reason you assume that I do not is because you are stupid and impulsive.

Stop ranting and hating and maybe we'll talk, but I doubt it, you have shown that you are just a hateful hothead not worth the time.

Try and relax.

P.S. You don't "totally own" sh!t Spice Boy.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said!
A true follower of Jesus can neither divorce someone,(a) "So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder"(Matt. 19:6, Mark 10:9), nor marry someone who is divorced,(b) "whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery" (Matt. 5:32, 19:9, Luke 16:18). There is an exception to the former, however. If the spouse commits adultery, divorce is permissible: "Whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery" (Matt. 5:32). The Bible also says that anyone who obtains a divorce and marries another is an adulterer: "...whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11, Luke 16:18), which applies to women as well--Mark 10:12. In essence, according to Christ's teachings:
•(1) one can never obtain a divorce, except from an adulterous spouse;
•(2) one can never marry a divorced person, and
•(3) one who obtains a divorce and marries another is committing adultery.
One can only guess at the number of Christians who have ignored these maxims.
Thats why the bible is usless in the argument against SSM.
Look at all this trash

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What "comeback" are you looking for? Gay people adopt kids, but so do straight people. Both can be good parents. Soooooo.....that means SSM should be legal?
Sorry u missed the whole point. I'll explain it to u in a way u can understand.
Bashing gays because they can't have children is ignorant. Gay people are much more likely to adopt, and more likely to be better parents, because they have to live their whole lives knowing they will never be able to have kids with their spouse, and appreciate their chance to be parents more than most hetero couples do. Many hetero couples take having kids for granted, have kids out of wedlock, unplanned pregnancies, not to mention the record number of abortions taking place in today's world. SS couples wait until they're married to adopt, which provides a much more stable environment.
In the U.S. 58% of kids will experience their parents getting divorced before they turn 18. How many children are born out of wedlock? 40.6% is the answer. These are startling facts, yet many against SSM are using procreation as their argument for why gays shouldn't be able to marry, yet are having kids that will be forever traumatized from their childhood experiences (statistically speaking). So u don't want SS couples to marry, because they can't procreate, yet u r the ones disgracing marriage by having pre-marital sex, kids out of wedlock, getting divorces for reasons other than infidelity (which are all sins). Are there any bigots here that have never comitted a sin? Are there any bigots here that haven't had pre-marital sex, a kid out of wedlock, divorce for any reason other than infidelity?(Who r u to judge who should and shouldn't get married hypocrites!!) I seriously doubt it, and if u haven't you're in a very small minority.
Do u think that adopting an orphan, is any less noble than what hetero couples are doing? Should we judge them according to the life they've lead, or should we just say u can pro-create, therefore u can marry, divorce and do whatever the heck u want. Should we deny SS couples the right to marry, when it would make adopting children so much easier for them? Should we deny abused kids, orphans, foster kids the chance to have a normal life? Maybe u can be the one to go tell these children that they will never have a family, because you have too much hatred inside of u to let gay people marry. The real issue here is not gay marriage, or procreation...the real issue here is what made u so angry and hateful that u refuse to accept gay people and their rights as human beings? What makes u superior to them? Does it make u feel better to obsess over denying them a right to marry? Do u feel good because u feel like maybe u have control over someone else's life, when u r miserable in your own skin? This isn't the 1500's, and we don't live in Iran. Stop the hatred, grow up, and start focusing on your own lives. Heaven forbid u have a gay child, which is exactly what happened to my uncle. He was the biggest bigot, ant gay-marriage neandrathal this world has ever seen. All he ever did was obsess over politics (not to mention how racist he was) Now he has found out that his 17 year old daugher is a lesbian, and he has completely changed all his views on life. All the hatred has stopped, it's unbelievable how much he has changed. He is such a wonderful person to be around now. The moral of this story is with ignorance breeds hate. He never once considered maybe he would have a gay child. What would u say if u did as well?
"He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?" -James 4:11-12
Can't we all just learn to love each other, instead of hating and judging? If not then I feel terribly sorry for u, and only wish for u to see the light.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sorry u missed the whole point. I'll explain it to u in a way u can understand.
Bashing gays because they can't have children is ignorant. Gay people are much more likely to adopt, and more likely to be better parents, because they have to live their whole lives knowing they will never be able to have kids with their spouse, and appreciate their chance to be parents more than most hetero couples do. Many hetero couples take having kids for granted, have kids out of wedlock, unplanned pregnancies, not to mention the record number of abortions taking place in today's world. SS couples wait until they're married to adopt, which provides a much more stable environment.
In the U.S. 58% of kids will experience their parents getting divorced before they turn 18. How many children are born out of wedlock? 40.6% is the answer. These are startling facts, yet many against SSM are using procreation as their argument for why gays shouldn't be able to marry, yet are having kids that will be forever traumatized from their childhood experiences (statistically speaking). So u don't want SS couples to marry, because they can't procreate, yet u r the ones disgracing marriage by having pre-marital sex, kids out of wedlock, getting divorces for reasons other than infidelity (which are all sins). Are there any bigots here that have never comitted a sin? Are there any bigots here that haven't had pre-marital sex, a kid out of wedlock, divorce for any reason other than infidelity?(Who r u to judge who should and shouldn't get married hypocrites!!) I seriously doubt it, and if u haven't you're in a very small minority.
Do u think that adopting an orphan, is any less noble than what hetero couples are doing? Should we judge them according to the life they've lead, or should we just say u can pro-create, therefore u can marry, divorce and do whatever the heck u want. Should we deny SS couples the right to marry, when it would make adopting children so much easier for them? Should we deny abused kids, orphans, foster kids the chance to have a normal life? Maybe u can be the one to go tell these children that they will never have a family, because you have too much hatred inside of u to let gay people marry. The real issue here is not gay marriage, or procreation...the real issue here is what made u so angry and hateful that u refuse to accept gay people and their rights as human beings? What makes u superior to them? Does it make u feel better to obsess over denying them a right to marry? Do u feel good because u feel like maybe u have control over someone else's life, when u r miserable in your own skin? This isn't the 1500's, and we don't live in Iran. Stop the hatred, grow up, and start focusing on your own lives. Heaven forbid u have a gay child, which is exactly what happened to my uncle. He was the biggest bigot, ant gay-marriage neandrathal this world has ever seen. All he ever did was obsess over politics (not to mention how racist he was) Now he has found out that his 17 year old daugher is a lesbian, and he has completely changed all his views on life. All the hatred has stopped, it's unbelievable how much he has changed. He is such a wonderful person to be around now. The moral of this story is with ignorance breeds hate. He never once considered maybe he would have a gay child. What would u say if u did as well?
"He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?" -James 4:11-12
Can't we all just learn to love each other, instead of hating and judging? If not then I feel terribly sorry for u, and only wish for u to see the light.
Too wordy. Meth?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too wordy. Meth?
Girl, you REALLY need to be on something for ADD. If you can't focus on a few paragraphs of text, there is something wrong.

How on earth did you get through school?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl, you REALLY need to be on something for ADD. If you can't focus on a few paragraphs of text, there is something wrong.
How on earth did you get through school?
Try and relax tough guy. I can add just fine.

Why do you call other men "girl"?

I got through school with a little brains and a lot of hard work how about yourself?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then do so with honesty.
Not the gay twirl and attempt to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.
Why are you so ashamed of establishing your own relational identity?
Smile.
Since you are self-admittedly “a lesbian trapped in a man’s body” do you have an epi-marker mistake? BTW…..”epi-marker mistake” is your term, no one else’s. Why are you so ashamed to answer this question?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Palo Alto Forum right now

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Ocean 7,835
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) 5 hr Orange Sauce 127
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
Report: Retaliation by supervisors common at VA Mon Viet Nam Vet 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
San Lorenzo man pleads not guilty to beating (Apr '09) Jul 18 annonymous 46
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE