Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,481 - 167,500 of 200,327 Comments Last updated 50 min ago
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

LawandOrder_ wrote:
<quoted text>Fact, that is a lie. Perhaps you should consuklt real polls, instead ogf gay polls.
Topx poll: 63% of pollers oppose same sex marriages
Newslife poll: 74% of pollers opposes same sex marriages.
The only reason any heterosexuals support it all is because you are stupid. You do not know that the APA president has come out and said that it is a choice, gays are cured and denial of a gay's right to pursues causes gay suicide.
I bet you also do not know that they never found any studies to deny that homosexuality was a mental disorder. Most psychiatrists still call it a character or gender disorder.
Also, the APA onl presents less than 40% of the medical profession of psychiatrists and psychologists in the US and less than 1% worldwide. The APA also went up for senate review when they supported a study saying that paedophilia was not harmful to children.
Thank you. I've been disputing his use of biased polls, but he neatly sidesteps the issue. Ignores the entire issue. If it was as he claims, I'd see that, out on the road, every week. But all I see is a large number of people in agreement with my stance, and few (next to none) in support of his stance. I imagine that he keeps repeating it so as to fool any that are unsure of the truth. Quelling of dissent, or something like that.."Damage Control" we used to call it.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Same-gender couples do not want to legitimize their relationships through legal marriage to boost their self esteem. As you very well know, there are many protections and benefits that come along with marriage. Many of these benefits and protections have nothing to do with children. Do you agree?
2.) Regarding marriage between certain relatives... I didn't think that I had to spell it out for you. I am obviously talking about a marriage between siblings or a marriage between parent and child or between a grandparent and grandchild. You know exactly what I mean when I say "unrelated".
I don't know that I need to explain why it is that same-gender marriage is completely different than incestuous marriage. If you seriously do not understand that there is a vast difference between a someone developing an emotional/physical relationship with a non-relative and someone developing an emotional/physical relationship with a relative, then I don't know that I can help you.
Suffice it to say that we are not here to discuss incestuous marriages. Any attempts to lead this discussion away from the primary topic--i.e.: same-gender marriage--is nothing more than a distraction. I won't entertain it.
3.) A marriage is a contract between two consenting, adult, unrelated people. It is not a contract between two people and their offspring. That is why there aren't two separate definitions set aside for people who intend to have children and those who do not intend to have children.
4) And with regards to term "civil union"; there are no other identical contracts that provides identical protections and benefits but have different names.
If legally joined same-gender couples would enjoy all of the benefits and protections as legally joined opposite-gender couples, then why should there be different terminology?
If you have a red rose and a pink rose, they are BOTH roses with only subtle differences.
1) Fine.
2) Not completely different. Both types of marriage are subject to laws, why does one receive approval, while the other does not? both are a matter of the government stepping in.
3) Since children do not matter, incest is no more deserving of discrimination than is SSM.
4) Power Of Attorney can solve these issues.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
are you in for some sad times ahead LOL, you donít even realize what is going on.
States are approving Same sex marriage with voter support right and left, states that had banned same sex marriage are starting to reverse those bans ( see Nevada )
YAY! Big D claims his propaganda is valid. YAY!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
are you in for some sad times ahead LOL, you donít even realize what is going on.
States are approving Same sex marriage with voter support right and left, states that had banned same sex marriage are starting to reverse those bans ( see Nevada )
Come on, D, tell me again how no votes are ever rigged. How all votes are always properly represented, and no-one has ever rigged results. Tell me that we live in a perfect world. Everything is fair. Come on...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Equality Now wrote:
Love is the greatest emotion humans can offer one another. Why restrict a couple's love for one another? It's time that most of the archaic puritan "values" be put to rest.
Love isn't being restricted. And, no, it isn't time to change our value system, just to cater to a minority.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"...scared half to death..."
Oy vey.
What a drama queen. "Ah'm shaking' in mah boots, can someone protect me?"
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like Obama will be throwing Hillary under the bus! Bye bye 2016!
Ding Dong the witch is dead. The wicked witch...
I've already made the call. Jeb Bush. He's our next preznit. Watch for it.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The liberal media is finally doing their job on Benghazi, with ABC taking the lead. The shine is off Obama's apple. Hillary's head will roll!
Too late now. They should have done it, as it was happening, not now that they ushered in Obummer for a second term. Too late now, it's why they waited. It's all the hoopla and the circuses. Bunch of smoke and curtains.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine? Giggling Joe becomes president? With those big fake white teeth. Spouting goofy nonsense.
We're doomed.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a coverup. From top to bottom. A gay man is killed. and The Obamaniac and Clinton scream "What does it matter ???"
Just like Watergate.
Time to impeach this bum !
Throw Stumblebum Joe in there.
NEXT !
They've already thrown Stumblebum Joe under the bus. Remember all the noise about his remark to the Wall Street crowd about "having us back in chains" and all the subsequent noise, calling for his removal from office, and the demands that he not run for VP for a second term? Remember that it lasted all of 3 days, just enough for them to sneak "Operation Amnesty" past us. All the illegals knew to come and register for amnesty, but none of us citizens heard one whisper about it, until it was already a "fait accompli"? We're doomed.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

DOOMED!!!!
Steam in ahead

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Minnesota House Approves Gay Marriage, this makes the 12th US state and first in the Midwest to pass same-sex marriage legislation.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Arghh! It means that the decks are a-wash with spume.....and lies...fit for the scuppers.
Jizzy's still farting parrot feathers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your experience. There are other to consider however. I listened today on NPR, of all places, to a woman note the sexual assault of a young male soldier that was so violent, he was hospitalized.
So you are now supporting equality, that men and women soldiers should be housed together because "who cares if someone peeks"?
The fact is, this is where denial leads. I mean both the rise in sexual assaults, and you looking like a fool trying to defend it.
It is dumb to exclude homosexuals from fighting for us. If a gay soldier saved your life you'd sing a different tune. Are you going to tell him he shouldn't be there?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Catpurrrrrs wrote:
<quoted text> Frankie still has his panties in a wad, the pink lacy ones.
I threw them out because I used them to wipe my d!ck after the last time your little sister blew me.
Honey bees

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Honeybees are vanishing so fast the USA might soon have nothing to eat, nearly 1/3rd of the bee colonies died in 2012.

Yet Glendora, California spends hundreds of tax payers dollars each month killing off wild colonies that have split from a older colony.
salty sam

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already made the call. Jeb Bush. He's our next preznit. Watch for it.
Boy... you are one ignorant queer. Too many loads licked off the mens room floor have you talking out your behind!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Catpurrrrrs wrote:
<quoted text> One minute you take up for gays, the next you are gay bashing.
It is not a black and white world grasshopper, it's all shades of gray.

I never gay bash. That's a lie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

salty sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy... you are one ignorant queer. Too many loads licked off the mens room floor have you talking out your behind!!
You would know.
sheesh

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual assault in the military was up over 30% last year.
Wasn't that when DADT was removed?
Show cause & effect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••