Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,188

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191785 May 10, 2013
DOOMED!!!!
Steam in ahead

Covina, CA

#191786 May 10, 2013
Minnesota House Approves Gay Marriage, this makes the 12th US state and first in the Midwest to pass same-sex marriage legislation.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191788 May 10, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Arghh! It means that the decks are a-wash with spume.....and lies...fit for the scuppers.
Jizzy's still farting parrot feathers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191790 May 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your experience. There are other to consider however. I listened today on NPR, of all places, to a woman note the sexual assault of a young male soldier that was so violent, he was hospitalized.
So you are now supporting equality, that men and women soldiers should be housed together because "who cares if someone peeks"?
The fact is, this is where denial leads. I mean both the rise in sexual assaults, and you looking like a fool trying to defend it.
It is dumb to exclude homosexuals from fighting for us. If a gay soldier saved your life you'd sing a different tune. Are you going to tell him he shouldn't be there?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191791 May 10, 2013
Catpurrrrrs wrote:
<quoted text> Frankie still has his panties in a wad, the pink lacy ones.
I threw them out because I used them to wipe my d!ck after the last time your little sister blew me.
Honey bees

Covina, CA

#191793 May 10, 2013
Honeybees are vanishing so fast the USA might soon have nothing to eat, nearly 1/3rd of the bee colonies died in 2012.

Yet Glendora, California spends hundreds of tax payers dollars each month killing off wild colonies that have split from a older colony.
salty sam

Los Angeles, CA

#191794 May 10, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already made the call. Jeb Bush. He's our next preznit. Watch for it.
Boy... you are one ignorant queer. Too many loads licked off the mens room floor have you talking out your behind!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191795 May 10, 2013
Catpurrrrrs wrote:
<quoted text> One minute you take up for gays, the next you are gay bashing.
It is not a black and white world grasshopper, it's all shades of gray.

I never gay bash. That's a lie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191796 May 10, 2013
salty sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy... you are one ignorant queer. Too many loads licked off the mens room floor have you talking out your behind!!
You would know.
sheesh

Woodbridge, VA

#191797 May 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual assault in the military was up over 30% last year.
Wasn't that when DADT was removed?
Show cause & effect.
Picks

Covina, CA

#191798 May 10, 2013
Adam James Michael Robinson, the British national who flew to the United States to have sex with an underage Highland girl, was sentenced this week to state prison for eight years.

Sorry we didn't check to see if he was a Muslim nor Islamic either.
Self elected

Covina, CA

#191804 May 11, 2013
One by one, they are making it easier for the U.S. Supreme Court.
DMR

Bangalore, India

#191805 May 11, 2013
Michael Richards isn't a racist...he's Jewish, for pete's sake!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#191806 May 11, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A hamburger is a hamburger. A garden burger is a garden burger. These are two very different items--not even in the same ballpark.
Marriage, whether it's between same-gender or opposite gender couples, is composed of human beings. You said as much yourself when you suggested that same-gender couples should have all of the rights and benefits of marriage, but call it civil unions.
Excuse me, but a diverse gender couple is NOT the same as as a duplicated gender couple.

Moreover, because a redumbant gender couple is mutually sterile, they DON'T need the same rights and protections.

Duh.

Smile.

Location hidden

#191807 May 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is dumb to exclude homosexuals from fighting for us. If a gay soldier saved your life you'd sing a different tune. Are you going to tell him he shouldn't be there?
I'm simply saying that history shows that keeping mating behavior temptations separate from a military force keeps everyone safer, and the force more effective in doing it's duty.

Of course I'd be grateful to anyone saving my life in a military situation, but that is not the main purpose of a military force is it?

Location hidden

#191808 May 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>

I just did.

Duh.

Smile.
Show cause & effect.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191809 May 11, 2013
Polls in 2013

A March 2024 CBS News Poll shows that 53% of Americans support same-sex marriage, 39% oppose, and 8% are undecided.[9] The same poll also finds that 33% of Americans who now think same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry say they once held the opposite view and have changed their opinion.

A March 710 Washington Post-ABC News[10] poll shows that 58% of Americans support same-sex marriage while 36% oppose. The poll indicates that 52% of GOP-leaning independents under 50 years old now support gay marriage.[11]

A March Quinnipiac University poll found 47% support and 43% opposed among all voters.[12]

A February Fox News poll indicated that 46% of Americans support same-sex marriage while another 46% oppose it.[13]

A March 20-24 CBS News Poll showed that 53% of Americans support same-sex marriage while 39% oppose it.[14]

Polls in 2012

A November 2629 Gallup poll found that 53% of Americans support same-sex marriage while 46% do not.[15]

A November 1619 CBS News poll found that 51% of Americans support same-sex marriage while 40% do not.[16]

A November 711 ABC News/Washington Post poll found 51% of respondents support same-sex marriage while 47% are opposed.[17]

A June 6 CNN/ORC International poll showed that a majority of Americans support same-sex marriage being legalized at 54%, while 42% are opposed.[18]

A May 22 NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showed that 54% of Americans would support a law in their state making same-sex marriage legal, with 40% opposed.[19]

A May 1720 ABC News/Washington Post poll showed that 53% believe same-sex marriage should be legal, with only 39% opposed, a low point for opposition in any national poll so far.[20][21]

A May 10 USA Today/Gallup Poll, taken one day after Barack Obama became the first sitting President to express support for same-sex marriage,[22] showed 51% of Americans agreed with the President's endorsement, while 45% disagreed.[23] A May 8 Gallup Poll showed plurality support for same-sex marriage nationwide, with 50% in favor and 48% opposed.[24]

An April Pew Research Center poll showed support for same-sex marriage at 48%, while opposition fell to 44%.[25]

A March 710 ABC News/Washington Post poll found 52% of adults thought it should be legal for same-sex couples to get married, while 42% disagreed and 5% were unsure.[26] A March survey by the Public Religion Research Institute found 52% of Americans supported allowing same-sex couples to marry, while 44% opposed.[27]

A February 29 March 3 NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found 49% of adults supported allowing same-sex couples to marry, while 40% opposed
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191810 May 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You say I can't count is why I support polygamy, so I sarcastically say you can't identify gender is why you support same sex marriage. It's a simple concept really. It went over your head as I expected. Being that you are stupid and all.
I can't identify gender? THAT'S what you think gender identity disorder is?

hahahahah
ahahahhahaha
ahahahahha
ahhahahahaha
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191811 May 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Frog with no legs can't hear.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191812 May 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm simply saying that history shows that keeping mating behavior temptations separate from a military force keeps everyone safer, and the force more effective in doing it's duty.
Oh puh-leez! Does the word "Spartans" rattle loose any cobweb in your empty head?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beam me up Scottie Sat guest 11
Is this intergration or segregation Whatever ha... Sat Love it or Leave it 1
Apple shows off new gadgets, but Pay is bigger bet Sat Philip Cohen 3
Sunnyvale fire? Fri KC Jones 3
Can I earn her trust back? Fri Ko Majone 2
Yahoo to lay off 400 in India, invite some to w... Fri Ko Majone 3
Guest opinion: PG&E crews are making the East B... Oct 17 Raphael Bruckner 1

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match