Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,148

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191592 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's doesn't make it a special right.
You homophobes always say gay people have equal rights because they can marry someone of the opposite sex.
Can't have it both ways!
And THAT'S as equal as it needs to be. Don't want it both ways.! man.! woman. All that is required for a healthy and legitimate marriage. No extras. No special deferments made, for looser types.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191593 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the most infamous hate spewer on Topix.
Yeah, when it isn't telling people to give their kids pearl necklaces, and shyte like that ... Making up things like Jesus blew negroes.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191594 May 9, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the British no longer exist? The Chinese? Many more that I can't be bothered to school you about. A$$puppet.
So the Romans no longer exist? The Greeks?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191595 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>You see there you go again, lying. Please do show me the post where I stated that I am gay. Please show me where I brought up the subject, you did Frank. Now please tell why you need to degrade gay's and lesbans. Is it just a big joke?
I don't care if you're gay Jizzy, you shouldn't either. Just stop lying and stop stalking me CREEP.

P.S. What's a lesban? I have a good friend on these threads, she's a lesbian is that what you mean?

P.P.S. Why do you make gay possessive? Did you mean "gays"? You wrote "gay's" It's hard to understand you since you are only marginally literate. Hence my confusion if you are gay or not. I'm still not sure, and I still don't care.

P.P.S. Stop stalking me creep!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191596 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a homophobe. You are more a homophobe than I.
I can see no compelling reasons not to allow SSM. Heterosexuals are not interested in a same sex marriage just as homosexuals are not interested in an opposite sex marriage. So it IS a special right. Just as opposite sex marriage is now.
I support SSM but there are legitimate arguments against it and to marginalize and disrespect fellow Americans like you do over their wariness of this huge social change is despicable. And to simply dismiss legitimate (although not compelling) arguments by claiming you haven't heard them is arrogant, dishonest and stupid.
You want this radical social change, the burden is on you, not us. We're fine as it is. Tell us why SSM should be allowed, don't insist we tell you why it shouldn't be allowed.
I doubt you understand all this being you are very angry and stupid. But others will.
Excellent post sir, thank you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191597 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Better wear an industrial strength condom bud, I would worry what STD's are running around in his head you are screwing with
Your ad hominem is getting dumber and dumber and it didn't start out very smart to begin with!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191598 May 9, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are a transvestite, you exhibit traits of both genders. Nothing to differentiate.
As you are a red-neck fool, you exhibit traits of both groups.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191599 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me about it. I have been married for 30+ years. I am not skeered by same sex marriage. If my old lady can put up with me, WTF how would two guys being married change it.
But three guys and it's a different story eh Jiz?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191600 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!!!!
You thought that was funny? What a liar.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191601 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Claire Voyent? Is that you? We thought you were dead.
You say I can't count is why I support polygamy, so I sarcastically say you can't identify gender is why you support same sex marriage. It's a simple concept really. It went over your head as I expected. Being that you are stupid and all.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191602 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Steak, lobster, a fine woman and a good beer, or is it a good woman and a fine beer. I get confused sometimes. Anyho have a great dinner. Oh and piss off Frankie as much as possible, trust me its a hoot
Danth's Law.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191603 May 9, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just off the top of my head I'd say that fear is an uncomfortable reaction to a person, place, thing, idea, or action. The level of discomfort may vary depending on a person's own belief system or life experiences. A person's fear can be rated as anything between slightly anxious to immobilized by terror.
When I spoke of fear in the post you referenced I was talking about fear of gays and same-sex marriage.
You clearly are uncomfortable with opening up the definition of marriage to include same-sex couples. And I would label that discomfort that you feel as "fear".
You, being a "traditionalist", fear change.
But, I don't fear it, I just have the ability to recognize which change is beneficial, and which change is not.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191605 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Thought you said you favored gay marriage.
Did you slip up?
Your implication displays your shallowness. He has made a rational post, concerning the issue, and you act as if you think that he slipped up. He did not, you did. His sympathy does not handicap his ability to sum up the issue, and to confuse you. Say "Huh?" again.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191606 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really, really stupid.
A woman doesn't have the same right a man has
A man doesn't have the same right a woman has.
Not equal.
Marriage is not a "right", it's a privilege. Men and women can all do the same things in America. We all have the same rights, enumerated in the Constitution. Marriage isn't mentioned. At all. It just isn't. It's not listed as a right. Look for it. It isn't there. Period. What MORE do you need to be told? IT'S NOT THERE!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191607 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahah
That's funny. Your "arguments" hahahahahahahahaah
Yes my arguments, such as this one you cannot rebut:

Poly marriage deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. They are both marriage. Equal.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191608 May 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl Bs.
Many transgendered function just fine without adjustment.
Homosexuality is a defective failure of mating behavior, not only exposed by the failure to mutually procreate, but also by the violent violation of sexual design.
Unlike a transgendered, you are attempting to impose 'surgery' on society to fix your defect. An imposter relationship imposed on marriage, and a pretend duplicated half of parenting at the expense of children.
So much for no negative impact...
Smirk.
<quoted text>
So now you've shifted your losing argument to claiming stupidity...
I don't see anyone not knowing exactly what I am saying, OR having a logical retort if they disagree.
In fact, if you really are confused, please specify which facts I stated you don't understand?
Is it the duplicated half of parenting? Let me make it simple, just for you; God and nature gave every child one mother and one father. A ss couple can only give a child ONE of those, along with a pretend copy, while depriving the child of the other parental role.
As to your claim that I can only understand something is inherently harmful if I experience it, does that include shooting yourself?
Do you honestly believe 1/10th of the bullshit you say on here?
I mean seriously...
Smirk.
I agree with all of your posts. I rarely interfere with your battles, as you have matters well in hand, and usually staple you opponents to the wall, very nicely.
:-D
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191609 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most straight men don't do anal sex. Most gay men do.
Chongo has a hard time with "A defining characteristic".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191610 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's YOUR opinion. You don't give any reasons WHY you think polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration. You just think whatever bullshit comes out of your mouth is valid because YOU said it.
val·id (vld)
adj.
1. Well grounded; just: a valid objection.
2. Producing the desired results; efficacious: valid methods.
3. Having legal force; effective or binding: a valid title.
4. Logic
a. Containing premises from which the conclusion may logically be derived: a valid argument.
b. Correctly inferred or deduced from a premise: a valid conclusion.
Why does it not deserve the same respect and consideration?

It deserves the same respect and consideration because it is marriage, just like same sex marriage no better, no worse. Equal. It has been around way longer that same sex marriage and it is more common throughout history than same sex marriage.

And most of all it deserves respect and consideration for the EXACT SAME REASONS same sex marriage deserves respect and consideration.

Why are you a hypocrite?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191611 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! I know!
Anybody that's ever taken a psychology class knows the answer to that!
>looks at top of page<

And you scream poly MARRIAGE is off topic.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191612 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is like a little kid doing a play magic act that everyone can see through and we are just laughing and snickering
How wrong you are. You laugh at someone who has displayed more depth of understanding than you. Like the kindergartner, laughing at the teacher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US stocks start lower 17 hr Anthony V 104
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 17 hr Anthony V 27
annoying helicopter flying near fremont st and ... (Sep '08) Mon Zombie Corpse Rental 14
pune india Dec 13 sudhir1984 2
For Google's self-driving cars, learning to dea... Dec 12 Truth 6
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Dec 12 Dom Boyd 18
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:37 pm PST

NBC Sports12:37PM
49ers cut Ray McDonald amid rape investigation
NFL12:38 PM
San Francisco 49ers release Ray McDonald
Bleacher Report12:53 PM
If Not Harbaugh, Who Will Be Next HC of Raiders?
Bleacher Report12:59 PM
49ers Cut DL McDonald Amid Rape Investigation
NBC Sports 2:00 PM
Rivers doesn't practice, expects to play vs 49ers - NBC Sports