Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#191481 May 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true same sex marriage is not an equal rights issue either. In most states nobody has the right to marry someone of the same sex.
You are really, really stupid.
A woman doesn't have the same right a man has
A man doesn't have the same right a woman has.
Not equal.

Santa Monica, CA

#191482 May 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly don't understand your anti poly argument is the same one you rail against when used against same sex marriage?
That's amazing. You truly are stupid.
I don't have an anti poly argument, or a pro one for that matter.
Again, stupid, I'm just saying it's not an equal rights issue.

Santa Monica, CA

#191483 May 8, 2013
These are the basic types of arguments against gay marriage.
1. God said, "Yadda, yadda, yadda."
There is no evidence god exists, let alone that he said anything in particular.
Next.

2. Gay couples can't reproduce.
You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
Next.

3. Gays have anal sex.
Most men into anal sex are straight, and it's really not and issue.
Next.

4. A child needs a mother and father.
Even if that were true, it's a separate issue, you can adopt a kid without being married.
Next.

Santa Monica, CA

#191484 May 8, 2013
Ooops,
3. really not an issue.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#191485 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissistic intent? LOL ( I will have to remember that one )
My children are not me, nor are or were they ever my property, nor my wife for that matter, if my intent was to create a duplicate of myself it was a dismal failure, or better, a fantastic success that they are not me.
Of course all my children support same sex marriage, because we taught them proper values, freedom, equality and justice, they are patriots, and support those values like all patriots do.
Of course they're not you. But they do carry your genes, and so are carrying on a piece of you into the next generations.(They may not be like you now but with age related people often have more in common and are more alike than non-related people)
That's nicely put about values, and a very good point.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#191486 May 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl Bs.
Many transgendered function just fine without adjustment.
Homosexuality is a defective failure of mating behavior, not only exposed by the failure to mutually procreate, but also by the violent violation of sexual design.
Unlike a transgendered, you are attempting to impose 'surgery' on society to fix your defect. An imposter relationship imposed on marriage, and a pretend duplicated half of parenting at the expense of children.
So much for no negative impact...
Smirk.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe 1/10th of the bullshit you say on here?
I mean seriously...
--"...defective failure of mating behavior"
--"...violent violation of sexual design"
--"...impose 'surgery' on society"
--"...pretend duplicated half of parenting..."
Do you see anyone else on this thread supporting this crap? At least most of the others on here who disagree with gay marriage have sense enough to know that you make this stuff up as you go.
When somebody comes up behind you and nails you in the ass, THEN you can talk about it being a "violent violation of sexual design".
Until that happens, don't knock it till you've tried it. Several million gay AND straight people can't be wrong.
So now you've shifted your losing argument to claiming stupidity...

I don't see anyone not knowing exactly what I am saying, OR having a logical retort if they disagree.

In fact, if you really are confused, please specify which facts I stated you don't understand?

Is it the duplicated half of parenting? Let me make it simple, just for you; God and nature gave every child one mother and one father. A ss couple can only give a child ONE of those, along with a pretend copy, while depriving the child of the other parental role.

As to your claim that I can only understand something is inherently harmful if I experience it, does that include shooting yourself?

I mean seriously...

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191487 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Thought you said you favored gay marriage.
Did you slip up?
No I didn't "slip up". You're just too stupid to understand my position.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191488 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really, really stupid.
A woman doesn't have the same right a man has
A man doesn't have the same right a woman has.
Not equal.
Equal rights is not just about gender dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191489 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, stupid, it most certainly is an equal protection issue.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191490 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
These are the basic types of arguments against gay marriage.
1. God said, "Yadda, yadda, yadda."
There is no evidence god exists, let alone that he said anything in particular.
Next.
2. Gay couples can't reproduce.
You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
Next.
3. Gays have anal sex.
Most men into anal sex are straight, and it's really not and issue.
Next.
4. A child needs a mother and father.
Even if that were true, it's a separate issue, you can adopt a kid without being married.
Next.
How about this one- If we broaden the definition of marriage to mean everything, it will mean nothing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191491 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Ooops,
3. really not an issue.
Most straight men don't do anal sex. Most gay men do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191492 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.secularhumanism.org/...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191493 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Thought you said you favored gay marriage.
Did you slip up?
He is like a little kid doing a play magic act that everyone can see through and we are just laughing and snickering
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191494 May 9, 2013
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they're not you. But they do carry your genes, and so are carrying on a piece of you into the next generations.(They may not be like you now but with age related people often have more in common and are more alike than non-related people)
That's nicely put about values, and a very good point.
I will give you that... my daughter has the same obsessive sense of humor, she finds humor in the most inappropriate things... same as me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191495 May 9, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, all seriousness, do you welcome illegals with open arms?
When did I ever say that? Every person in this country illegally is a criminal. Not an opinion, a fact.

Now deciding how serious this crime is and how we deal with it is where the differences may lay
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191496 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is like a little kid doing a play magic act that everyone can see through and we are just laughing and snickering
No, I am like you. A person expressing his opinions.

And my opinions are as valid as yours. And no one is laughing or snickering at them anymore than they are laughing and snickering at yours.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191497 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you that... my daughter has the same obsessive sense of humor, she finds humor in the most inappropriate things... same as me.
You have no sense of humor.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191498 May 9, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mixed up, now, We are not removing pre-existing rights, we are denying the granting of said rights to a non-qualified group that seeks to gain recognition through forced legislation and through the rending of Constitutional processes. Different. you guys seem to enjoy skewing the issue, so as to make your side seem righteous and honorable, whilst you call in the government to step on the rest of us, and then claim that it is our side who is invoking the "Big Government" clause that your side is actually ushering in. And, you lie (demonstrably) about the support base in this country, so as to fool some of us into changing our minds. The whole thing is hogwash.
Yes we did... read up on the subject first, 18,000 same sex couples were married before Prop 8 went into effect. It was a legal right, they legally married, are still legally married today and recognized by the state as married.

That right.. was removed, new same sex couples do not have the same rights as the 18,000 that did marry and are still married.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#191500 May 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl Bs.
Many transgendered function just fine without adjustment.
Homosexuality is a defective failure of mating behavior, not only exposed by the failure to mutually procreate, but also by the violent violation of sexual design.
Unlike a transgendered, you are attempting to impose 'surgery' on society to fix your defect. An imposter relationship imposed on marriage, and a pretend duplicated half of parenting at the expense of children.
So much for no negative impact...
Smirk.
<quoted text>
So now you've shifted your losing argument to claiming stupidity...
I don't see anyone not knowing exactly what I am saying, OR having a logical retort if they disagree.
In fact, if you really are confused, please specify which facts I stated you don't understand?
Is it the duplicated half of parenting? Let me make it simple, just for you; God and nature gave every child one mother and one father. A ss couple can only give a child ONE of those, along with a pretend copy, while depriving the child of the other parental role.
As to your claim that I can only understand something is inherently harmful if I experience it, does that include shooting yourself?
I mean seriously...
Smirk.
God and nature gave every child a mother and a father. No disagreement there...

However, the imperfection of mankind leaves millions of kids without either a mother or a father in many situations.

There are deadbeat fathers and mothers who have nothing to do with their offspring. Sometimes death takes away a parent. Sometimes drugs or alcohol takes away a parent. Sometimes a violent or neglectful parent weakens the ties between a child and his/her parent.

Your "ideal" family is rare. And when it isn't present, somehow, very likely through the grace of God, the kid can persevere. He or she can still manage to be raised to become a happy, fully functioning adult.

And that's where your argument against same-sex parents falls apart. You repeatedly claim that children from same-sex parents are "deprived" and that it will have an everlasting impact on their lives.

But in an imperfect world, sometimes a same-sex parent situation is better than a "no parent situation".

As I have repeatedly argued, it is the skills of the parent that matter most. It is the love and support given to a child that trumps the gender make-up of a the parents; especially in situations where a child has been abandoned or is being mistreated by his or her biological parents.

Finally, to answer your last question; no, you do not have to shoot yourself to know that it is harmful. All you have to do is look around you and know that a gunshot wound to the head is deadly.

But when it comes to anal sex, you should also look around. You should be smart enough to know that millions of people engage in anal sex each day, and yet they manage to live a full and happy life. It doesn't demean them. It doesn't injure them. Men and women engage in it exclusively throughout their entire lives without harm.

But if you, personally, don't want to engage in it, that's fine. Otherwise, it's none of your business.

That's your problem... You're always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. You want to stop same-sex couples or gay individuals from being able to raise kids. And you want to stop people from being able to engage in a type of sexual activity that has been practiced by both genders for eons.

These things that other adults do are simply none of you business. Just walk on by. Let others live their lives the way they see fit.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191501 May 9, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
God and nature gave every child a mother and a father. No disagreement there...
However, the imperfection of mankind leaves millions of kids without either a mother or a father in many situations.
There are deadbeat fathers and mothers who have nothing to do with their offspring. Sometimes death takes away a parent. Sometimes drugs or alcohol takes away a parent. Sometimes a violent or neglectful parent weakens the ties between a child and his/her parent.
Your "ideal" family is rare. And when it isn't present, somehow, very likely through the grace of God, the kid can persevere. He or she can still manage to be raised to become a happy, fully functioning adult.
And that's where your argument against same-sex parents falls apart. You repeatedly claim that children from same-sex parents are "deprived" and that it will have an everlasting impact on their lives.
But in an imperfect world, sometimes a same-sex parent situation is better than a "no parent situation".
As I have repeatedly argued, it is the skills of the parent that matter most. It is the love and support given to a child that trumps the gender make-up of a the parents; especially in situations where a child has been abandoned or is being mistreated by his or her biological parents.
Finally, to answer your last question; no, you do not have to shoot yourself to know that it is harmful. All you have to do is look around you and know that a gunshot wound to the head is deadly.
But when it comes to anal sex, you should also look around. You should be smart enough to know that millions of people engage in anal sex each day, and yet they manage to live a full and happy life. It doesn't demean them. It doesn't injure them. Men and women engage in it exclusively throughout their entire lives without harm.
But if you, personally, don't want to engage in it, that's fine. Otherwise, it's none of your business.
That's your problem... You're always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. You want to stop same-sex couples or gay individuals from being able to raise kids. And you want to stop people from being able to engage in a type of sexual activity that has been practiced by both genders for eons.
These things that other adults do are simply none of you business. Just walk on by. Let others live their lives the way they see fit.
They like big government, the kind that gets into your bedroom and gets into our women’s reproductive systems and tells you what you can and cannot do.

They want to tell everyone else what they can and cannot do.

Anal Sex is like spinach

A lot of people enjoy spinach

But if someone is forced to have it when they are young, they have a more difficult time enjoying it when they are older.:P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Me O My O 7,969
US stocks start lower 4 hr Go Blue Forever 56
pro lifers are bigoted 7 hr Rotten Apples 3
Topix is Against the First Amendment 7 hr Rotten Apples 18
Apple CEO Cook Goes From Record Sales to IPhone... 7 hr Rotten Apples 4
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed do it here 16,011
How would you like to/be proposed? Tue Jimmy 2

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto Jobs

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]