Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,149

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190674 May 1, 2013
LatterDays wrote:
Look now it will soon become the new norm across the land.
Midnight marriage unions for gay couples as Colorado law takes effect.
Get to know your Mormon next door, political come back attempt after their "full Exposure" in their leader calling himself Mitt Romney's attempt at becoming the president of the USA.
Suggest you do what you do best, take multiple wives and produce kids coming out the diaper pail.
You're being paged jackass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190675 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that we should pursue our own legal relationship status with our own set of benefits and protections.
Same-Sex Couples will pursue the exact same set of benefits and protections that Opposite-Sex Couples possess in marriage.
So, our relationships would be identical in every way to your relationships from a legal standpoint.
That being the case, you would have two identical contracts with different names (if you get your way).
Name two other legal contracts that are identical in every way, except in name.
Answer the question.
And the name is what they fear... they are frightened half to death.. by a word.

The name does not belong to them, many religions and non-religious use the same word, that word is not their personal property, and from a recognition perspective, it is a legal term.

Our laws are applied equally ( or are supposed to be ) regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.
Earl

Phoenix, AZ

#190676 May 1, 2013
LatterDays wrote:
Get to know your Mormon next door, political come back attempt after their "full Exposure" in their leader calling himself Mitt Romney's attempt at becoming the president of the USA.
Suggest you do what you do best, take multiple wives and produce kids coming out the diaper pail.
So it's not okay to attack someone for being gay, but it is okay to attack someone's religion?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190677 May 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And the name is what they fear... they are frightened half to death.. by a word.
The name does not belong to them, many religions and non-religious use the same word, that word is not their personal property, and from a recognition perspective, it is a legal term.
Our laws are applied equally ( or are supposed to be ) regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.
Too funny!

Try and relax. So dramatic "...they are frightened half to death..."
Give us a break!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190678 May 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that amusing as well...
HAR!HAR!HAR! YUK!YUK!YUK! So Funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190679 May 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190680 May 1, 2013
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's not okay to attack someone for being gay, but it is okay to attack someone's religion?
That is correct. We're playing by Big D rules.
LatherDays

Covina, CA

#190682 May 1, 2013

Get to know your Mormon next door, political come back attempt after their "full Exposure" in their FAILED leader calling himself Mitt Romney's attempt at becoming the president of the USA.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#190683 May 1, 2013
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>
I was stating a fact, hate does not sell like it used to.

You are free to verbally attack anyone you want to, but no one is not out to deny religious people marriage, the way you are wanting to deny marriage to same sex folks.

You are the one attacking... not me, and not them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190684 May 1, 2013
LatherDays wrote:
Get to know your Mormon next door, political come back attempt after their "full Exposure" in their FAILED leader calling himself Mitt Romney's attempt at becoming the president of the USA.
What the hell are you talking about dummy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190685 May 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...You are free to verbally attack anyone you want to...
Gee thanks Mighty D!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190686 May 1, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys have Obummer to speak for you. He spent more time on the phone, congratulating your latest cracked egg, than he did on the phone with families of victims..
Boston..
Benghazi..
Etc..
I even heard a lesbian from Denver, yesterday, on the radio, blasting Jason Collins, for being a coward, "priming the talk show pump" (as she put it) and questioning the need for any of you to come out, at all. A big publicity stunt. "Sexualizing everything" was the phrase I heard, and "robbing kids of their innocence", as well, 13 year olds, needing to focus more on orientation, than the game...
Hmm.. As I've said before. We always congratulate the broken ones for admitting their flaws in public. Hence, the big "I'm proud of you" speeches..
You're obviously broken, and yet no one praises you. What's up with that?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190687 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obviously broken, and yet no one praises you. What's up with that?
He misses George
PineCones

Covina, CA

#190688 May 1, 2013
Are you sure there is enough space on the answer box to finish your BS -?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190689 May 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He misses George
Me too. George Carlin was a more than a comedian, he was a philosopher.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190690 May 1, 2013
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

-George Carlin
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#190691 May 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, you are going to hurt your limp wrist gay twirling like that!
First you say word use doesn't matter, now you are trying to limit the word marriage to a legal term. That is either the feminine side that can't make up her mind, or one silly stupid kid playing on the Internet.
It doesn't make a hill of beans difference who applies the word marriage to SS couples, or what affect it does or does not have. A sterile duplicated half is not marriage. Even your child knows the difference between mom and dad and a redumbant gendered couple.
Duh.
<quoted text>
ANOTHER slimy shift???
Now marriage has 'legal implications'???
Moreover, I have never 'focused on the religious impact'. I have simply said ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior AND a silly sterile redumbant half of marriage.
Nor are those 'opinions', they are simple reality.
Just a heads up limp twit, the law can't equate the union of a diverse gendered couple with a duplicate half. Nor can the law equate mom and dad with a default sterile half plus a stranger.
Simply put, there is no such thing as a ss 'marriage'.
Smile.
Simply put, there is no such thing as a sane chimera.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190692 May 1, 2013
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.

-George Carlin
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190693 May 1, 2013
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

-George Carlin

Yeah yeah, off topic but so much better than Big D's dopey bluster.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190694 May 1, 2013
Always do whatever's next.

-George Carlin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10000 acres real estate land for sale (May '09) 14 hr Wally West 2
Balance Wed gest 8
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) Nov 19 Peter Simmons 13
Yo Gabba Gabba is back on the road and coming t... Nov 16 Shine 1
Breath of fresh flair: young entrepreneurs win ... Nov 16 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Santa Cruz tech: Help wanted Nov 15 Eric 3
Can I earn her trust back? Nov 15 me bbbbb 3

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match