Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,312)

Showing posts 166,221 - 166,240 of200,211
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. You're very sad.
If I type f*** as you routinely type it, my post will be deleted. I have tried it several times.
You mean that you, also, get a "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. " when you try to type the same words that the gays use? How very paranoiac of you...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so what if it is about the Benjamens??
why should a heterosexual married couple be able to leave their spouse an estate without having to pay taxes and a homosexual couple can't. That's one of the cases before SCOTUS. A gay woman had to pay nearly $400,000 in taxes on the property her married partner (to her) owned when her partner died. Since the IRS (Federal Gov't) didn't recognize their marriage thanks to DOMA.
Why should heterosexual married couple have hospital visitation rights and homosexual couples don't.
why should heterosexual couples benefit from tax breaks that are denied homosexual couples.
its all about equality and yes some of that is monetary equality
You know I don't understand what the big hang-up is. What two adults with regards to their personal lives do is completely between them.
Please explain exactly how legalizing same sex marriage will adversely affect your life?
Because a natural, familial relationship supersedes all others. It is (supposed to be) inviolate.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you check your history. Same sex marriages have been around for thousands of years, including Europe in the Middle Ages.
Aberrations have always existed. Never have they been governmentally sanctioned, and forced into recognition.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
That opinion, plus fifty cents, gets you Jack Schitt.
I thought that Jack Schitt was outlawed. It would seem that anything can legally sanctioned anymore...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.
:-D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that you, also, get a "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. " when you try to type the same words that the gays use? How very paranoiac of you...
Yes. And if I post it anyway, my post will be deleted. As evidenced by a missing post number.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which simple truth is that?
That there are over 120,000 legally married same sex couples now in the US
In the millions worldwide?
Or that California legally recognizes same sex couples right now, some 18,000 of them? And other same sex couples are being denied equal rights?
That the desire, intent or ability to have children has never been a requirement for a marriage license?
Which simple truth?
No, the ones that we have already posted, you know, the ones about the polls being carefully controlled, and the ones about how society set up marriage laws to protect the natural normal families, and the ones about the government being used to force acceptance and recognition upon the majority of us, and the ones about how the people of California made the opinions known, through legal channels, and were overruled (illegally) by a biased judge, and the ones about how the SCOTUS have no jurisdiction in the matter, and should refer the matter to the State of California to sort out, and the ones about ...well, you get the idea, you have always sidestepped our rational arguments, and then claimed that we have nor presented any rational ones. Hell, you even let Chongo get away with claiming that there is no difference between men and women. You know, those ones, and more... Those were just off the cuff, as we say.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít, they keep bringing up procreation as an argument against same sex marriage and I just keep reminding them that has no place in this argument.
And thank you I agree, when you argue with a child and they canít stand up to what you are saying they go after you personally, or criticize spelling or typos or what have you... I agree, you cannot stand up to the argument
Yes, I agree. The typo was a cheap shot, I admit it...
:D
I just felt like being petty, for a minute...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"White guy"? Don't forget the Italian half.
Ichi-ban-paisan.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Where you been, driver? You get lost at a coop? D.O.T. get ahold of you?
:-D
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
I have a fresh bunch of green bananas for you HO
Nice.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ... I know just the man for you he goes by akpilot or something like that . you will finkd him here, talk to him
Still with the IFF issues, I see...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No in California 18,000 same sex couples are legally married, while others are no allowed to marry. They are demanding equal rights as other same sex couples have, and they will get them. One way or the other.
No sir, in recognition of the error of the first lot getting married, they are not wishing to repeat the mistake. It is not unfair to prevent further mistakes from occurring. In fact, it shows a glimmer (only a glimmer) of rational thought.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And if I post it anyway, my post will be deleted. As evidenced by a missing post number.
You should have learned that a while ago, as i did. Red writing = need to edit post. Unlike gays, who get a free permit to type without restriction. Even though X-ed-out thinks that he can fool people into believing that we are paranoid.
west

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

west up
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, in recognition of the error of the first lot getting married, they are not wishing to repeat the mistake. It is not unfair to prevent further mistakes from occurring. In fact, it shows a glimmer (only a glimmer) of rational thought.
Not an error.. they are legally married.

There are legally married same sex couples in california. A large part of the equal rights issue is that some same sex couples are treated unequally to other same sex couples

You should know this, it is the stake in the heart of Prop 8

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are legally married same sex couples in california. A large part of the equal rights issue is that some same sex couples are treated unequally to other same sex couples
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective sterile failure of mating behavior.

Moreover, it is an insult to intelligence trying to equate a ss duplicated sterile half to marriage.

You should know this, it is the foundation of Prop 8.

Smirk.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective sterile failure of mating behavior.
Moreover, it is an insult to intelligence trying to equate a ss duplicated sterile half to marriage.
You should know this, it is the foundation of Prop 8.
Smirk.
Do you really think anybody believes the bullshit you post on here?

You've become a perfect example of self-mockery.

From where I sit, you continue to look like a self-loathing, one-trick-pony, closet case; whose biggest contribution to the umpteen forums you haunt is to cut and paste snippets of your own fabricated ass-holery.

Do us all a favor and come up with something new, Mary.

Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Contradiction in terms. They were erroneously married. This is the error. This is why they must not repeat the error. The error of being married. You should know this. This might be the stake in the heart of Prop 8, but it is the error of being married that is being used to further the error of their marriages. Repetition of a mistake is an error. The fact that they were married does not make it right. And it does give free license to make more mistakes. Slavery was once legal. Allowing slavery to resurface would be a mistake. Using your logic, which we both know is faulty, we should allow slavery to resurface, because "it happened before, it should again". That's some kind of thought process...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
From where I sit, you continue to look like a self-loathing, one-trick-pony, closet case; whose biggest contribution to the umpteen forums you haunt is to cut and paste snippets of your own fabricated ass-holery.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 166,221 - 166,240 of200,211
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE