Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#190436 Apr 29, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you who has the hidden agendas. Tell us the truth. It's all about the Benjamins. the money. The financial gain. Not about "love" at all, is it? Want some love? Curl up with someone, and get some. that's all you need to start with, not governmental protection of your fragile status.
waa....

waa,,,,

waa.....

Nothing you can do to stop it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#190437 Apr 29, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys keep saying that.
Fact is, 31 States have a Constitutional ban on same sex marriage, that is only 7 States shy of a US Constitutional Amendment.
Just keep that in mind, 7 more states and it won't matter what the SCOTUS has to say about the matter.
Oh puh-leez. You don't have the votes to get an amendment out of Congress.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190438 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Federal Marriage Amendment attempt failed in 2006. And in today's environment, it's even less likely to pass today.
It will never get to the states, I doubt it will pass the house, more Republicans are crossing the fence every week, and cannot possibly pass the senate. There is no point in a constitutional convention of state legislatures as it would require a 2/3 vote of state legislatures to go around the house and senate.

There are not enough states opposed to same sex marriage to get that, you would not even get California ( counted among his 31 states and dropping )

Used to be 50 states that would not recognize same sex marriages, today it is 31 and dropping.

They would not even get 31 states on board and adding 7 is a pipe dream, the momentum is going the other way
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190441 Apr 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the same people, it is turning that fast, and as more of our young folk turn of voting age, they are all on the right side of the issue as well.
Prop 8 is toast, regardless of what the court decides
White, wheat or rye?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190442 Apr 29, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. You don't have the votes to get an amendment out of Congress.
Oh PAH-LEEZ Miss Thing.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190443 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've told you several times that your posts come across as angry; as though you're always looking for confrontation and fights.
THAT is why, I believe, you may have been banned.
Whenever I've typed in coarse language, I am alerted by the TOIX system that my words may be offensive. All I do hit the "post comment" tab a second time and my post is created--blue words and all.
Yes sir, that is exactly my point. You enjoy the privilege of typing coarse words. When I type those same words, in no more confrontational manner than you, my posts get deleted and never make it the same screen that you are allowed to splash them on. Bias.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190444 Apr 29, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
waa....
waa,,,,
waa.....
Nothing you can do to stop it.
Unfortunately not. It is a sign that "Idiocracy" has arrived.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190446 Apr 29, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes sir, that is exactly my point. You enjoy the privilege of typing coarse words. When I type those same words, in no more confrontational manner than you, my posts get deleted and never make it the same screen that you are allowed to splash them on. Bias.
I second that.

I cannot post "F**k" without asteriks. Rose_NoHo, X-Box and certain other "more equal" posters can.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190447 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've told you several times that your posts come across as angry; as though you're always looking for confrontation and fights.
Whenever I've typed in coarse language, I am alerted by the TOIX system that my words may be offensive. All I do hit the "post comment" tab a second time and my post is created--blue words and all.
And I fail to see how a f**ked-up show of bias can be missed.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190449 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And this how it goes, when I omit the asterisks:
And I fail to see how a f**ked-up show of bias can be missed. Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
Although I had to edit it, for the post to go through, see? No confrontation here, but, without the asterisks, not gonna go through. So, please save your gentle chidings for someone else. We know bias when we see it.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190450 Apr 29, 2013
Because I sent the post, sans editing, and it doesn't show.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190451 Apr 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that.
I cannot post "F**k" without asteriks. Rose_NoHo, X-Box and certain other "more equal" posters can.
While they tell others that we are paranoid.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190452 Apr 29, 2013
While they tell others that we are being paranoid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190453 Apr 29, 2013
It was post # 190448. It was deleted. If Rose_NoHo or X-Box posted it, it wouldn't have been deleted.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190455 Apr 29, 2013
19054 will be deleted.
Bell hop

Covina, CA

#190456 Apr 29, 2013
Frankie, your being paged.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190457 Apr 29, 2013
19054 was deleted. I typed out f**k. Everyone has seen the more equal posters use the full uncensored word with impunity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190458 Apr 29, 2013
Bell hop wrote:
Frankie, your being paged.
OK I will PM you!

TLFN!
Bell hop

Covina, CA

#190459 Apr 29, 2013
Frankie, your being paged and you didn't pick up?

Don't you feel well today or this morning?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190460 Apr 29, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, it must be pretty bad to feel that your rights are being quashed. We gay people wouldn't know ANYTHING about that.

Seems the worm has turned...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 14 hr Big Red 35
Which cheap and legit site to buy fifa 15 coins? Fri alex 3
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 24 yes call me 09864... 376
'Hybrid' store displays new plans (Jun '07) Dec 23 Silver Blade 4
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Dec 21 WhyWait 36
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA Dec 21 D mann 1
Police Blotter: Porch package snatcher arrested... Dec 21 One way or another 5

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto