Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190357 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Then throw all marriage out the window. Everyone is free to pair up, raise children, and then move on with their lives if they so choose.
We'll let churches own the word "marriage". Only those couples who are afraid of being damned to eternal hell would seek matrimony.
Let's just take government completely out of the business of marriage. No one gets rights or protections. Everyone--gay, straight, whatever--can fend for themselves.
Such a GREAT idea! Why didn't the founders think of that?
The Founders never pictured wing-nuts like you. And, nice commentary on the statistics of SSD[ivorce].
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190358 Apr 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "opinion", it's proven every time you are unable to provide a rational fact based retort.
<quoted text>
Obama said to spread the wealth, so here I am.
<quoted text>
You have self admitted that you are ignorant of the founding documents. So I figure you have two choices: 1) Remain so and keep looking like one -or- 2) Go educate yourself.
You seem to have chosen the latter.
<quoted text>
Perhaps I do, do you know?
<quoted text>
Are you fake?
<quoted text>
Now you are just fabricating things in a sad attempt to save face.
You have been unable to point out a single flaw in my argument, and I am far from angry. For me to get angry with you, you would actually have to have the ability to effect my life. You don't, though your delusions of grandeur are comical.
<quoted text>
Where is the fury? The only anger I see is coming from you, you seem a bit upset about consistently having your ass handed to you.
Take note of your response here, you haven't even attempted to respond to a single question I posed to you, my guess is you lack the ability to. You have only presented two forms of replies to me: 1) A personal attack such as the one you presented here -or- 2) A rant of random talking points that have nothing to do with the subject matter.
Really it is pretty sad for someone who claims to hold a MSW. I would consider requesting a refund of my tuition if I were you.
I'm sure that he is full, from his "I-eat-my ass" sandwich, that you constantly prepare, for him.
Thank you, for being coherent and eloquent, I just can't resist being more low-level about it, but you are doing a great job. Hat's off to you.
:-D
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190359 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Do the right thing, give LGBT equal rights.
They have the same rights as I do. Want to win the game? Play by its rules.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190361 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it, sir!! Pound your fist on the railing! Shout in a fit!! Work the crowd up into a lather, sir!! I think you're on to something, now...Think! Of the possibilities...
On no, that is a priests job

I am stating a simple fact

People work on their marriages now, partnerships in life. They donít rely on the crutch of wedding rings forged into handcuffs.
iceman

Chico, CA

#190362 Apr 27, 2013
I think that the gays are not understanding how lucky they are not being allowed to get married. I have been married for years and frankly speaking it is overrated. If I could have just stayed boy friend / girlfriend rather then do the husband and wife thing, I would have been much happier.
Don't be so quick to throw away the perfect excuse to not be committed! It is a hidden blessing.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190363 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
it is the freedom that matters, if you choose to subjugate yourself to people pushing their imaginary playmate on you to control you behavior while hiding behind a pulpit, that is your affair
You're using those "oh so confusing" big words again, you should stick to "My Little Pony"...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190364 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
They have the same rights as I do. Want to win the game? Play by its rules.
No in California 18,000 same sex couples are legally married, while others are no allowed to marry. They are demanding equal rights as other same sex couples have, and they will get them. One way or the other.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190365 Apr 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, the only one mentioning religion is you.
Yep. Grabbing them by the collars, so that he may whip them for being pushy...
The old "Poland has attacked the Fatherland" routine, again...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190366 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm.... let's see..... what was that post of yours? "You must be some kind of wimp, to threaten people on the internet."
Curious.
Not at all curious. Just my response to his claim that we are weasels that shrivel up, when he's around.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190367 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia....... very sad.
It couldn't POSSIBLY be that you're a wing-nut, now could it?
Paranoia, eh? F**ked up.= "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. "
This is my "paranoia". I get this message when I type the exact same words that VV typed. Except, he didn't have to use 2 asterisks to edit his post. I did. You call that paranoia? Hmm.. interesting. I call it absolute proof. Yeah, keep talking....
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190368 Apr 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. You're very sad.
If I type f*** as you routinely type it, my post will be deleted. I have tried it several times.
You mean that you, also, get a "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. " when you try to type the same words that the gays use? How very paranoiac of you...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190369 Apr 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so what if it is about the Benjamens??
why should a heterosexual married couple be able to leave their spouse an estate without having to pay taxes and a homosexual couple can't. That's one of the cases before SCOTUS. A gay woman had to pay nearly $400,000 in taxes on the property her married partner (to her) owned when her partner died. Since the IRS (Federal Gov't) didn't recognize their marriage thanks to DOMA.
Why should heterosexual married couple have hospital visitation rights and homosexual couples don't.
why should heterosexual couples benefit from tax breaks that are denied homosexual couples.
its all about equality and yes some of that is monetary equality
You know I don't understand what the big hang-up is. What two adults with regards to their personal lives do is completely between them.
Please explain exactly how legalizing same sex marriage will adversely affect your life?
Because a natural, familial relationship supersedes all others. It is (supposed to be) inviolate.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190370 Apr 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you check your history. Same sex marriages have been around for thousands of years, including Europe in the Middle Ages.
Aberrations have always existed. Never have they been governmentally sanctioned, and forced into recognition.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190371 Apr 27, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
That opinion, plus fifty cents, gets you Jack Schitt.
I thought that Jack Schitt was outlawed. It would seem that anything can legally sanctioned anymore...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190372 Apr 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190373 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that you, also, get a "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. " when you try to type the same words that the gays use? How very paranoiac of you...
Yes. And if I post it anyway, my post will be deleted. As evidenced by a missing post number.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190374 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which simple truth is that?
That there are over 120,000 legally married same sex couples now in the US
In the millions worldwide?
Or that California legally recognizes same sex couples right now, some 18,000 of them? And other same sex couples are being denied equal rights?
That the desire, intent or ability to have children has never been a requirement for a marriage license?
Which simple truth?
No, the ones that we have already posted, you know, the ones about the polls being carefully controlled, and the ones about how society set up marriage laws to protect the natural normal families, and the ones about the government being used to force acceptance and recognition upon the majority of us, and the ones about how the people of California made the opinions known, through legal channels, and were overruled (illegally) by a biased judge, and the ones about how the SCOTUS have no jurisdiction in the matter, and should refer the matter to the State of California to sort out, and the ones about ...well, you get the idea, you have always sidestepped our rational arguments, and then claimed that we have nor presented any rational ones. Hell, you even let Chongo get away with claiming that there is no difference between men and women. You know, those ones, and more... Those were just off the cuff, as we say.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190375 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít, they keep bringing up procreation as an argument against same sex marriage and I just keep reminding them that has no place in this argument.
And thank you I agree, when you argue with a child and they canít stand up to what you are saying they go after you personally, or criticize spelling or typos or what have you... I agree, you cannot stand up to the argument
Yes, I agree. The typo was a cheap shot, I admit it...
:D
I just felt like being petty, for a minute...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190376 Apr 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"White guy"? Don't forget the Italian half.
Ichi-ban-paisan.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190377 Apr 27, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Where you been, driver? You get lost at a coop? D.O.T. get ahold of you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for some girls in miami 2 hr Brazillover 1
Ron Obenchain Psycho Stalker!!! 55 years old 7 hr NeverAgain 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) 9 hr Kay 128
Beam me up Scottie Mon guest 12
Is this intergration or segregation Whatever ha... Oct 18 Love it or Leave it 1
Apple shows off new gadgets, but Pay is bigger bet Oct 18 Philip Cohen 3
Palo Alto Hosts 'Smart' City Partner From Austr... Oct 15 Sick of paying fo... 1

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto Jobs

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]