Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,101 - 166,120 of 200,330 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
it is the freedom that matters, if you choose to subjugate yourself to people pushing their imaginary playmate on you to control you behavior while hiding behind a pulpit, that is your affair
One more time, do you think before you post?

Seriously, it's like you have a magic eight ball filled with talking points. You simply shake the ball and type whatever it says.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, legal marriage... Do you have a problem understanding the concept?
Yes, because if marriage is a "right" it cannot be "illegal"

Do you have a problem understanding the concept?
-It seems you do.
Gs will

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

It's GOD's will, so let the Muslim's kill one another and blow themselves up in their own country.

Export them back to their own country.

The first bombing Saturday was in a residential area and the second in Karachi’s largest slum, Lyari.

Pakistan holds national elections May 11, 2013.
Rock hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Ranks right up there with the fundies who think that you can pray away being gay.
So...you DID try?
Rock hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Stop being stupid, and accept LGBT people as your equals.
Stop being so stupid, and answer my question.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

nixxed wrote:
France became the 14th country in the world to allow same-sex couples, when its parliament approved a law that has sparked often violent street protests and a rise in homophobic attacks.
Yes, this is what usually happens, when the government attempts to legislate morality, and to institute measures that the people don't approve of. It's called "protest' for a reason. As to the attacks, anybody can be targeted, for any reason, by idiots.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Why does X-Box get to write f***, when if I do it I get quickly banned. Rose_NoHo gets a pass on that too.
Just an observation. I'm not whining, I know the drill.
Oh, that's an easy one. It's because the site is operated by biased moderators.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, just mentioning that they are the ones filled with fear.
It is a lousy way to go through life
You must think yourselves to be very powerful, to imagine that we fear anyone. Did you fear your children, when you told them not to play with matches? Of course not. Did you fear them, when you told them that there'd be no cookies before dinner? No. Do you fear the dog-shit that you avoid stepping in? No. Stop being ridiculous.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Imagine the arrogant bastid who would disrespect someone who offered him a prayer.
Yeah, he's so cool..
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, I see people like you all over the place.
I won’t live my life in fear, you have to stand up to tynary, your type falls apart quickly as the frightened little weasels your kind are
You must be some kind of wimp, to threaten people on the internet. Your attempts to marginalize us for having opposite opinions proves that you are the traitor to the Constitution. You'd better keep being meek out in the world.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am relaxed and yeah, frightened little weasels are what they are.
Scared to death that someone different than themselves will be recognized equally, even though that recognition will cost them absolutely nothing at all.
I wish that we were both in the same place, at the same time. I'd throw a drink in your face, and then, we'd see who the weasel really is.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
smirking dolt :
the law is central to the cases at hand and to what's been presented in court.
your opinion doesn't play into either the cases nor the law. just because you don't think that same sex couples can make a marriage doesn't negate the fact that they can (and will) obtain marriage licenses.
your opinion doesn't play into anyone else's marriages either.
if you consider the law a mockery, then your're free to leave and find a place of residence where you feel like you're surrounded by like minded people and you agree with the laws regarding marriage. good luck.
We'd prefer it if YOU left, and we could return to what is normal. If you don't like it here, then you should go and form your own country, instead of f**king ours up.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant haters sure do have a hard time reading for comprehension. Let me explain it for you, my point is that it doesn’t matter if I am a bigot, a hypocrite or anything else you want to label me to deserve Gay Marriage Equality. Essentially you feel you’re superior to Gay Americans and calling us names is your very lame (and I mean very lame) way of justifying your own hate. Cutting out all of your childish name calling and tantrums; you can’t present one valid reason why Gay Americans don’t deserve Gay Marriage Equality.
Did you say something, sugar, besides how you ignore all the rational arguments? I didn't think so.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunken losers like you aren’t even on the train, you’re just too stupid to realize it.
"Drunken"? "Loser"? You are funny, minimum-wage-boy. Go and flip some more burgers, and hate me, when I walk into your McPlace of employment and pull out a wad of C-notes.
TexOpens

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rick Perry's and Mitt Romney's IDEA OF HANDS OFF BUSINES JUST BLEW UP in there faces.

BOOM - it's all gone.

Texas has another opening for a replacement business?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually appreciate the handicap. When I get banished, I know I have hit the sweet spot.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are all great reasons, but, you forgot the most important one. Gay Marriage should be legal because we deserve equal rights and we’re Americans. By the way, who is the “we” you are referring to? Could it be the arrogant elitist ignorant haters? When are “we”(being you and all your hater friends) going to realize you have no say when it comes to people’s rights. That’s why “we”(being you and all your hater friends) are losing the fight to suppress Gay Americans right to marriage. But, thanks for the silly tantrum, you always amuse me.
As an American, you have equal rights, to marry according to the dictates of the majority. That's it. Elitist haters? You steal my words. You have no rights to marry a man, you moron. you may be changing that, but you are making the law recognize monstrosities. Such as yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that we were both in the same place, at the same time. I'd throw a drink in your face, and then, we'd see who the weasel really is.
Call me first! I'll pay for that drink. And then a few more while we laugh as Big D dries off.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm.... let's see..... what was that post of yours? "You must be some kind of wimp, to threaten people on the internet."

Curious.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia....... very sad.

It couldn't POSSIBLY be that you're a wing-nut, now could it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE