Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189967 Apr 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>That's nice, now go eat your Cream of wheat.
Yuck! Cream of Wheat, eh? Sorry for you.

But I have teeth Jizzy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189968 Apr 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Inorite. Hey its worth a shot. The fool keeps centering his objection on procreation. How many times do we have to show him that procreation is not a requirement in marriage. Shat 2 teenage kids can have sex in the back seat of a car and make a baby
Inorite? Kewl!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189969 Apr 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The supposed growth of your congregation is no indicator of denominational growth. Pick an open and affirming denomination, and let's look. Your choice.
I generalized nothing, you gay twirled.
Again.
Smile.
The start of any movement is, by definition, slow. Look at the history of any major change in policy. It doesn't start out with tens of millions of people spontaneously supporting an idea.

Even Christianity started out with a few followers.

You're a dying breed; at least for the foreseeable future.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189970 Apr 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is just upset that the argument was a total failure, he doesnít understand why
Yes, but Jizzy is always upset and never understands why.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189973 Apr 24, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then let's take back the Fourteenth Amendment and let people own one another. Let's allow slavery to flourish in the country again. Let's allow segregation of schools. Let's allow discrimination based on race, gender, religion, etc.
Such pesky government interference...
Look, our country EVOLVES. It doesn't stay stagnant. Decisions are made and processes are created in a manner that you may not agree with. But you are powerless to do anything about them.
The LGBT Community is aware of the processes necessary to get the rights and protections of marriage that we feel, as citizens, we deserve.
We will work within those systems, whether you believe they fall in line with the Constitution or not, in order to obtain our goals.
Rightly or wrongly, these are the processes that we have access to at this point in the game.
We like to refer to it as our unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness.
That is the difference between the disgruntled and the rest of us, they only look back with longing to earlier times.

When abortions were done by criminalís with coat hangers

When Homosexuals were persecuted legally

When minorities did not have equal rights or status

They long for those days, while the rest of us are looking forward to a brighter future.
food gal

Los Angeles, CA

#189976 Apr 24, 2013
Foodies wrote:
If you write an article on "Restaurant Inspection Grades in Glendora" wouldn't it be useful to name those that did poorly?
I'll save everyone the trouble and call out those that rated below 89 which is a B rating.
1) Palms Family Restaurant scored 82, B rating. No surprise here, this place will make you sick just opening their sticky menus!
2) Chili's scored 83, B rating. No excuse a chain restaurant this big should do so poorly. However I'm not surprised.
3) Coco's scored 86, B rating. Another chain restaurant that should know better, though if places were rated on service this place would probably get an F.
4) Sushi Umi scored 88, B rating. I really love Sushi but when it comes to dealing with raw fish, a B rating is a huge red flag for me.
There were 10 places had a score of 90 which is still an A, but barely.
5) Glendora Country Club was one of them.
To put all of this in perspective, both 7-Eleven's received a 99 and 100 and we all know they let barely warm hot dogs tumble on that roller rack for who-knows how long... so how bad are these other places to not score as well?
Check the local hospitals for more rating comments coming from those that have eaten there and are in the process of being treated.
Thanx, Foodies! The old Herald Examiner (in Los Angeles) used to regularly publish health inspection reports for restaurants/cafes within the city that had issues and violations. A real eye opener (and stomach churner)!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189977 Apr 24, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The start of any movement is, by definition, slow. Look at the history of any major change in policy. It doesn't start out with tens of millions of people spontaneously supporting an idea.
Even Christianity started out with a few followers.
You're a dying breed; at least for the foreseeable future.
That's what I try to tell Big D about polygamy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189978 Apr 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Custom made or Ebay?
Real.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189979 Apr 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the difference between the disgruntled and the rest of us, they only look back with longing to earlier times.
They long for those days, while the rest of us are looking forward to a brighter future.
Oy vey!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189980 Apr 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Conversation? Umm not with you. Stay in school, even if it takes you 6 years to get out of the 5Th grade.
Weak. Very dopey. Try harder. Much harder. You are resorting to dopey ad hominem, please try to make it funny. Seriously!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189981 Apr 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I find it best just to scratch him behind the ears and give him a chew toy.
You shouldn't treat Big D like a dog. It's mean.
Seymour DUCK

United States

#189982 Apr 24, 2013
Quack, QUACK, QUaCK, quAck. QUACK! GO BUiLD a PoND , They will Flock.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189984 Apr 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Ad Hominem attempts a poor taste joke, it fails being that Miss Ad Hominem is in poor taste himself.
So lets see. Lets sum up X-Box schtick so far today.
We should allow same sex marriage because Mr Hudson is stupid.
We should allow same sex marriage because Frankie is drug addled.
We should allow same sex marriage because Frankie is stupid.
We should...
Oh hell, you get the drift.
Gee.... I thought you were in favor of SSM. Guess it was a big, fat lie after all. What a surprise!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189985 Apr 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny part is they think they're hiding their true feelings.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189986 Apr 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>The funny part is they think they're hiding their true feelings.
Not very good at that... are they?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189987 Apr 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee.... I thought you were in favor of SSM. Guess it was a big, fat lie after all. What a surprise!
I do favor it. I do not favor your ad hominem explanations as to why.

My point is tell them why it's good, don't tell them that they are stupid.

Get it Miss Ad Hominem?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189988 Apr 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like hiding behind glass with them. Their only frame of reference is their own stupid selves. A lack of education is a VERY obvious thing to people who have one. They have no idea that they are textbook examples of calumny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189989 Apr 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops. I forgot one of your favorite reasons to allow SSM. Because Frankie can't walk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189990 Apr 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>The funny part is they think they're hiding their true feelings.
YUK!YUK!YUK! HAR!HAR!HAR! So funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189991 Apr 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy vey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for some girls in miami Tue Brazillover 1
Ron Obenchain Psycho Stalker!!! 55 years old Tue NeverAgain 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Tue Kay 128
Beam me up Scottie Mon guest 12
Is this intergration or segregation Whatever ha... Oct 18 Love it or Leave it 1
Palo Alto Hosts 'Smart' City Partner From Austr... Oct 15 Sick of paying fo... 1
Musk's Tesla D Intrigue Stokes Rally in Mobiley... Oct 7 amineunited 2

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto Jobs

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]