Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189843 Apr 23, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't convert anyone into being gay, dumbass. Is it really THAT difficult for you to comprehend what you read? Jesus!
They donít comprehend that, they are so insecure in their own sexuality that they are afraid they will be "converted"

They are more afraid of you, than you are of them
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189846 Apr 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They donít comprehend that, they are so insecure in their own sexuality that they are afraid they will be "converted"
They are more afraid of you, than you are of them
Why would I be afraid of them? They are simple cowards and completely bereft of intellect.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189847 Apr 23, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I am sure that you can cite specifically where in Article III of the US Constitution the court is granted the power to "interpret law" or for that matter where they are granted the power to create "right's"?
Hell, how about you tell us where the Federal Judiciary found the authorization in Article III to HEAR the Prop 8 Case in the first place?
This was a State matter, not a Federal one.
Well, apparently a number of people who are a whole lot more knowledgeable about the matter than you or I have decided that it was worth hearing.

And 14 Supreme Court rulings that identified marriage to be a right of all U.S. citizens seems to be at odds with your beliefs.

Maybe you believe that you know more about law than these people. Is that the case? If so, why didn't you offer your services to the proponents of Proposition 8? Maybe you did. Maybe they didn't want it.
nixxed

Covina, CA

#189848 Apr 23, 2013
France became the 14th country in the world to allow same-sex couples, when its parliament approved a law that has sparked often violent street protests and a rise in homophobic attacks.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189849 Apr 23, 2013
Proposition 22 was a law enacted by California voters in March 2000 to restrict marriages to only those between opposite-sex couples. In May 2008, it was struck down by the California Supreme Court as contrary to the state constitution.

The Act was proposed by means of the initiative process. It was authored by the state senator William "Pete" Knight and is known informally as the Knight initiative. Voters adopted the measure on March 7, 2000 with 61% in favor to 39% against.[1] This large margin of victory surprised many, since a Field Poll immediately prior to the election estimated support at only 53%, with 40% against and 7% undecided.[2]

The Act added Section 308.5 of the Family Code, which read "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California". Because the Act was an ordinary statute, it could be struck down if it were inconsistent with the state constitution. This occurred on May 15, 2008 when the state supreme court, ruling on In re Marriage Cases, declared that same-sex couples had a constitutional right to marry.[3] This 4Ė3 decision invalidated Proposition 22 and some related California laws.

Despite the brevity of Proposition 22 (it added only fourteen words to the Family Code) its effect provoked debate long after its passage. In November 2008 California voters overturned the In re Marriage Cases decision by approving an amendment of the state constitution called Proposition 8.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189850 Apr 23, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Stop being stupid, and accept LGBT people as your equals.
Why is it "LGBT", instead of "BGLT", the latter being in alphabetical order?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189851 Apr 23, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Not as big a laugh as your posts get!
Thanks.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189852 Apr 23, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't convert anyone into being gay, dumbass. Is it really THAT difficult for you to comprehend what you read? Jesus!
So, you should tell him you can't convert anyone to being gay dumb ass and prove it, you didn't do that you just called him stupid, Miss Ad Hominem

Is that really too difficult to understand? Jesus.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189853 Apr 23, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your life must truly be empty, if all you can do is to target a veteran that is handicapped, and finds entertainment of the internet. Sad, man, that's sad... At least try to go and find a life somewhere, I'm sure that you're not a crippled 75+ yr old man.
It's always funny when some clown like him, who is doing the exact same thing you are, tells you that you don't have a life like he does.

Jizzy does that too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189854 Apr 23, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Ranks right up there with the fundies who think that you can pray away being gay.
Ranks right up there with Jizzy!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189855 Apr 23, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I be afraid of them? They are simple cowards and completely bereft of intellect.
Like you're brave? Or intellectual?

Too funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189856 Apr 23, 2013
Why does X-Box get to write f***, when if I do it I get quickly banned. Rose_NoHo gets a pass on that too.

Just an observation. I'm not whining, I know the drill.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189857 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you should tell him you can't convert anyone to being gay dumb ass and prove it, you didn't do that you just called him stupid, Miss Ad Hominem
Is that really too difficult to understand? Jesus.
Drug addled again, I see. Randy didn't 'prove' his point, but I am required to prove my point?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189858 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you're brave? Or intellectual?
Too funny.
As funny as your walk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189859 Apr 23, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I be afraid of them? They are simple cowards and completely bereft of intellect.
I agree, just mentioning that they are the ones filled with fear.

It is a lousy way to go through life
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189860 Apr 23, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Ranks right up there with the fundies who think that you can pray away being gay.
Reminds me of the time I was not expected to survive, someone asked if I would mind their praying for me.

My wife could not help but chuckle when I responded very softly ( all I could muster at the time under medication ) "only if you do it out loud"

Later she told me that particular response reassured her that I was going to be OK

She was right :)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189861 Apr 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of the time I was not expected to survive, someone asked if I would mind their praying for me.
My wife could not help but chuckle when I responded very softly ( all I could muster at the time under medication ) "only if you do it out loud"
Later she told me that particular response reassured her that I was going to be OK
She was right :)
Very cute. Sounds like another Big D made up story where Big D is always the hero.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189862 Apr 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, just mentioning that they are the ones filled with fear.
It is a lousy way to go through life
We'll take your word for it, you should know.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189863 Apr 23, 2013
Imagine the arrogant bastid who would disrespect someone who offered him a prayer.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189865 Apr 23, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>As funny as your walk.
Miss Ad Hominem attempts a poor taste joke, it fails being that Miss Ad Hominem is in poor taste himself.

So lets see. Lets sum up X-Box schtick so far today.
We should allow same sex marriage because Mr Hudson is stupid.
We should allow same sex marriage because Frankie is drug addled.
We should allow same sex marriage because Frankie is stupid.
We should...

Oh hell, you get the drift.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which cheap and legit site to buy fifa 15 coins? 8 hr alex 3
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 8 hr hsktommox 34
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Wed yes call me 09864... 376
'Hybrid' store displays new plans (Jun '07) Tue Silver Blade 4
Review: Calvary Chapel (Apr '09) Dec 21 WhyWait 36
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA Dec 21 D mann 1
Police Blotter: Porch package snatcher arrested... Dec 21 One way or another 5

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto