Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,974

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189516 Apr 20, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, they don't understand that they are Homophobic, because they are afraid of who they really are. When they post that the thought of two gay men having sex makes them sick. I ask they why are they thinking of it?????
So, you are against pedophilia, because, you are really a pedophile? I get it.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#189517 Apr 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Justice isn't an unelected and unaccountable court rewriting marriage law for everyone.
How would marriage law be "re-written" for everyone by removing unconstitutional laws created relatively recently to harm gay Americans?

Do you really think that everyone will be forced to marry someone of the same gender? I promise you that this is not the case.

Gay people are too caring and polite to want to come into your home and create laws to harm your family.

It's simple courtesy. If something can't harm YOU, don't create laws banning it that harm others.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189518 Apr 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Justice isn't an unelected and unaccountable court rewriting marriage law for everyone.
Anymore, it is....Just ask them, they'll tell you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189519 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given you my thoughts on this... Even if this study says what you believe it does; even if the study is sound; it does not prove that lesbian couples should not be parents.
To say that something is "not as good as" is not the same as saying "is so poor that it should not exist".
Did this study compare lesbian couples, for example, to poor heterosexual couples? Did it compare the children of lesbian couples to children who are in the foster care system? Did it compare lesbian couples to couples who create a chaotic home environment?
I can't find the study that you cite, but if I'm not mistaken, it was commissioned by a right-wing group.
Maybe you'll give us a link to the study so all of us can draw our own conclusions.
Yes. Any study that puts you in a less than perfect light is bogus and right wing lies. It's in the rainbow handbook.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189520 Apr 20, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So.......you ARE saying that we ARE gay.....All that denial, when a simple "Yes" would've sufficed. That's funny, wheezer. News flash.....I'm not gay. We're not gay. You are gay. Clear now?
He gets confused. Like Marram.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189521 Apr 20, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mess with Jizzy's logic, he'll stroke out. Oh Snap! I'm a pedophile!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189522 Apr 20, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So.......you ARE saying that we ARE gay.....All that denial, when a simple "Yes" would've sufficed. That's funny, wheezer. News flash.....I'm not gay. We're not gay. You are gay. Clear now?
OK.. you're not gay. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out gay men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are straight?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#189523 Apr 20, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.. you're not gay. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out gay men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are straight?
I've seen your response played out here going way back, if a straight person is on here questioning a gay person, then it plays out that they must be seeking out a gay person and desire to be gay....How childish.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#189524 Apr 20, 2013
Quest asks: "How would marriage law be "re-written" for everyone by removing unconstitutional laws created relatively recently to harm gay Americans?"

Quests wants courts to address social justice for mascot victim groups who are the historic victims of prejudice, we want to do what's best for our children; this is where we differ.

Quest asks: "Do you really think that everyone will be forced to marry someone of the same gender? I promise you that this is not the case."
That's Quest's strawman argument, I never wrote anyone "will be forced to marry someone of same gender". We do have forced marriage now, there's no evidence same sex marriage would help make the problem better, it could get worse and include forced same sex marriage. Not everyone, of course; but one forced marriage is too many.

Quest wrote: "Gay people are too caring and polite to want to come into your home and create laws to harm your family."

Quest wrote: "It's simple courtesy. If something can't harm YOU, don't create laws banning it that harm others."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189525 Apr 20, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, they don't understand that they are Homophobic, because they are afraid of who they really are. When they post that the thought of two gay men having sex makes them sick. I ask they why are they thinking of it?????
So how's this work in Jizzy La La land? If pedophilia disgusts you you are a pedophile?

What a dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189526 Apr 20, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen your response played out here going way back, if a straight person is on here questioning a gay person, then it plays out that they must be seeking out a gay person and desire to be gay....How childish.
Yup. That's X-Box schtick. If you have an opinion she doesn't like, you're gay!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189527 Apr 20, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.. you're not straight. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out straight men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are gay?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189528 Apr 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Any study that puts you in a less than perfect light is bogus and right wing lies. It's in the rainbow handbook.
Frankie...

I have a bachelor's degree in Sociology. I have a master's degree in Social Work.

Since 1984 I have been exposed to scholarly studies that look at many aspects of social behavior and mental health. I've written papers on them, discussed them with friends and colleagues, and basically been elbow deep in evaluating the methods used by other social scientists to draw conclusions re: any number of topics.

I am not biased when it comes to looking at data from an experiment. However, I won't blindly accept the conclusions drawn from a study until I've seen and reviewed the data and look at the many facets that are involved in doing a study.

Read the following piece from Salt Lake City's "Desert News"...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765581831/...

Kimare has taken one of the studies discussed in this article and ran with it. He claims it as fact; just it like he uses his ridiculous "epi-marker/genetics mistake" theory.

He's no scientist. He is a preacher with an education in ministry.

He doesn't let the "facts" get in his way.

The bottom line concerning the outcomes of children is as follows: A child who is raised in a stable, loving, supportive, resourceful environment is going to do better than one who is not.

And there will always be those kids who have issues that are not related to the family's makeup. Take, for example, that kid who killed all of those children in Newtown Conn. He came from a household with support, resources, encouragement, etc. But he also had a mental disorder that resulted in tragic outcomes.

Finally, it is insincere to claim that a child of an intact, heterosexual, biological family will always do better than a child of an intact, same-sex family.

There just isn't conclusive evidence to say that this is factual.

Don't be fooled by Kimare.

He pulls studies out of his behind and makes them say exactly what he wants them to say.

I don't do that. If I've referenced a study here, it's because I've read it entirely and believe that it is sound.

Knoxville, TN

#189529 Apr 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.. you're not straight. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out straight men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are gay?
If you truly believe what you just said to Xavier, then you must accept his claim about you.

If you think that he comes here as a gay man who is actually a "closeted straight man" (is there such a thing?); in order to abuse other straight men, then you must accept that you are a closeted gay man who comes here to abuse other gay men.

Knoxville, TN

#189530 Apr 20, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't make a conclusion about pedophiles based on the study I referenced. The study focused on "homophobic men" (for lack of a better term)--not pedophiles.

If what you're saying is true, you must also be a pedophile because I'm assuming that you don't openly support pedophilia either.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189531 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie...
I have a bachelor's degree in Sociology. I have a master's degree in Social Work.
Since 1984 I have been exposed to scholarly studies that look at many aspects of social behavior and mental health. I've written papers on them, discussed them with friends and colleagues, and basically been elbow deep in evaluating the methods used by other social scientists to draw conclusions re: any number of topics.
I am not biased when it comes to looking at data from an experiment. However, I won't blindly accept the conclusions drawn from a study until I've seen and reviewed the data and look at the many facets that are involved in doing a study.
Read the following piece from Salt Lake City's "Desert News"...
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765581831/...
Kimare has taken one of the studies discussed in this article and ran with it. He claims it as fact; just it like he uses his ridiculous "epi-marker/genetics mistake" theory.
He's no scientist. He is a preacher with an education in ministry.
He doesn't let the "facts" get in his way.
The bottom line concerning the outcomes of children is as follows: A child who is raised in a stable, loving, supportive, resourceful environment is going to do better than one who is not.
And there will always be those kids who have issues that are not related to the family's makeup. Take, for example, that kid who killed all of those children in Newtown Conn. He came from a household with support, resources, encouragement, etc. But he also had a mental disorder that resulted in tragic outcomes.
Finally, it is insincere to claim that a child of an intact, heterosexual, biological family will always do better than a child of an intact, same-sex family.
There just isn't conclusive evidence to say that this is factual.
Don't be fooled by Kimare.
He pulls studies out of his behind and makes them say exactly what he wants them to say.
I don't do that. If I've referenced a study here, it's because I've read it entirely and believe that it is sound.
WOW! Real proud of you fruitloops!

I have a masters in geology. Sociology is one of the majors people fall back to after they drop out of geology. Those that can't hack real science do well in the Psuedo ah, er, social sciences.

P.S. How good a parent someone is or isn't is irrelevant to marriage equality.
frankies still dead mommy

Burlington, WI

#189532 Apr 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a masters in geology. Sociology is one of the majors people fall back to after they drop out of geology. Those that can't hack real science do well in the Psuedo ah, er, social sciences.
Condescending much? Don't be a Kuntmary; that troll role is already taken.

Knoxville, TN

#189533 Apr 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness! I didn't realize I was talking to someone who studies "rocks". That must take some REAL training. After all, they have brains and are complex, thinking objects.

Wait... I'm mistaken. Rocks are rocks. I must have been thinking about people and how difficult it is to understand human interactions and how the mind functions.

By the way, I cut my teeth on physics. That was my initial field of study. But I found it too impersonal and uninteresting when compared to the social and psychological sciences.

And finally, a person or couple's ability to parent has been made a key issue in the Prop. 8 and DOMA arguments--by YOUR side.

You guys are the ones who claim that same-gender parents are inadequate when it comes to raising a child.

But, hey, if you don't want to make it an issue, that's fine by me.

By the way, I've been collecting rocks since I was a kid. I have a hell of a collection. They're all over my house.
Support

Covina, CA

#189534 Apr 20, 2013
End CA war on idiots who sit on the Glendora, California city council.

“I have chosen not to lie down ”

Since: Oct 08

Tampa

#189535 Apr 20, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 6 hr scoop 2,273
US stocks start lower 13 hr Newland 36
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 19 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu Pizza 16,000
How would you like to/be proposed? Wed Hopeless Romantic 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy coming... Wed malloryciliberti 1
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
Palo Alto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••