Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,381 - 165,400 of 200,577 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine states and counting you silly boob and no one give one hoot what you think about it. You have zero impact on whether Gay Americans get equal rights. You don’t support Gay Rights, you support platitudes as a transparent attempt to marginalize Gay Americans. If you truly support unilateral marriage equality you’d have equal contempt for the ignorant haters posting anti-Gay comments. You know like your boy friend Rock. You are truly the biggest hypocrite posting here.
And, your gay ass forgot, Frank and I DO support equality, you left out our other man-toy, Pietro. Don't disrespect our polygamous relationship.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
we all know you dont.... I will see if I have any crayons for you
Would that be to illustrate the difference between "compression" and "comprehension"? Make one of them "red", and the other "blew", wood yew?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>There is a lot of stuff going on today and all you can think about are coloring books?
The cream has certainly risen to the top, yes?
HaboobS

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Monster dust storm turns day into night.

A massive dust storm, called a haboob, moves over a Saudi Arabian city & blocks out the sun.

Let this be the start of a covering up of a pox that lays waste to other peoples and religions.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that proves it then!
heartandmind's opinion is worth more than others because Frankie needs "My Little Pony" coloring books.
What an idiot.
Hey, lover.......I'm lost. What does that prove?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's trying to prove heartandmind's opinion is worth more than anyone else.
Where coloring books fit into his argument I'm not sure, but of course Big D isn't either.
He complains that I don't compress his incomprehensibility.
Do you compress him?
Well, he has me decompressed.
HaboobS

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

You didn't say much but I did, POOF

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Why do you suppose so many "straight" men are involved in this issue? They're so emotional--so angry. And they're the same ones--over and over and over.

"Country Girl" kind of came and went. I'm not sure there are any other women who are on this thread; carrying on about the "horrors" of same-sex marriage.

There is that study, which clearly found that most men who have strong negative feelings about male homosexuality, tend to have homosexual tendencies themselves.( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014 )

I believe that's what's going on here...

Thoughts?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget the lesbian trapped in the straight man. How could you???
Smile.
He's extremely one-dimensional.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny! Big D attempts eloquence and depth. Fails. Looks stupid.
Today he told me I don't compress him. WTF?
Yeah, he really does try, so awfully hard, to use what he got given....Pity.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D don't need to read no stinking arguments or decisions. He already knows everything and we don't.
Yep. It's all there, in black, and white, and pink, and magenta, and ....well, you get the idea. If it's in "My Little Pony", he's the authority.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jizzy stops by and with an air of superiority, adds his stupidity.
You can't make this stuff up! I love this thread.
That's not an air of superiority, it's effluvia.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
GAYS SICK PERIOD!I DONT THINK THAT JUDGE KNOWS WHAT HE HAS DONE AGAINST MARRIAGE.
Oh yes, he does.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Why do you suppose so many "straight" men are involved in this issue? They're so emotional--so angry. And they're the same ones--over and over and over.
"Country Girl" kind of came and went. I'm not sure there are any other women who are on this thread; carrying on about the "horrors" of same-sex marriage.
There is that study, which clearly found that most men who have strong negative feelings about male homosexuality, tend to have homosexual tendencies themselves.( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014 )
Thoughts?
Propaganda, intended to intimidate men into silence, for fear of being labelled "gay". Simply fallacious, to us, but please yourselves, if you wish, and buy your own hype. Thoughts? Frank, Pietro and I have our own thing going on...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Thoughts?
VV lisps to us "straight guys are so emotional!"

Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an air of superiority, it's effluvia.
Jizzy came out on another forum tonight. Goes by "The Big Bear".

Full flaming. I almost believed him when he used to say he was straight. He's a pretty good liar.

Nothing wrong with being gay but at least we now know where he's coming from.

Maybe he'll be more relaxed and fun now.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Thoughts?
My thought is, that it's simply fabulous how you found a study to quote. Absolutely spellbinding. Gee whiz, amazing how you always have a study or a poll to quote. That is a manufactured result. As I'm certain that you are aware of.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Propaganda, intended to intimidate men into silence, for fear of being labelled "gay". Simply fallacious, to us, but please yourselves, if you wish, and buy your own hype. Thoughts? Frank, Pietro and I have our own thing going on...
Don't forget Ronald and his honey. Arf!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
VV lisps to us "straight guys are so emotional!"
Too funny!
He'th tho thweet...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Whoops! The so-called straights don't like to be accused of maybe having a little sugar in their tanks.

So, why do they hang out here? Why do they come back; time and time again?

It's like I used to tell Kimare...

Coming to a site where you KNOW you'll interact with gay men, over and over again is kind of like coming to an online gay bar--one where no one knows who you are.

Hell hath no fury like a closet case.(quote me on that)

And some of these bitches are showing A LOT of fury!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 5 hr Twin 3
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr facts faced 15,929
Border Agents Make Zero-Tolerance Zone (Aug '06) 16 hr guest 48
comment 23 hr Just Thinking 13
Google, Oracle Enlisted to Help Fix Obamacare Site (Nov '13) 23 hr Just Thinking 8
Complaints Against Google+ Tue Just Thinking 79

Search the Palo Alto Forum:
•••

Palo Alto News Video

•••
•••

Palo Alto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE