Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,467

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189499 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Why do you suppose so many "straight" men are involved in this issue? They're so emotional--so angry. And they're the same ones--over and over and over.
"Country Girl" kind of came and went. I'm not sure there are any other women who are on this thread; carrying on about the "horrors" of same-sex marriage.
There is that study, which clearly found that most men who have strong negative feelings about male homosexuality, tend to have homosexual tendencies themselves.( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014 )
I believe that's what's going on here...
Thoughts?
Then there's the latest, largest and most scientific study of it's kind that shows out of all family types, lesbian couples rate last. After single parents.

Thoughts?

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189500 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Whoops! The so-called straights don't like to be accused of maybe having a little sugar in their tanks.
So, why do they hang out here? Why do they come back; time and time again?
It's like I used to tell Kimare...
Coming to a site where you KNOW you'll interact with gay men, over and over again is kind of like coming to an online gay bar--one where no one knows who you are.
Hell hath no fury like a closet case.(quote me on that)
And some of these bitches are showing A LOT of fury!
Let me get this straight (smile).

You are saying the anathema of gays, straights defending marriage and family, are really, horror of horror, CLOSET GAYS?!

I don't know if you could shame 'us' any more...

I mean the lesbian trapped in a straight man.

Snicker.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189501 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
We understand your pain and your fear.
But rest assured, we will welcome you into the fold.
Speaking for someone who came out, you lie.

I came out, and you hate me more than anyone on here.

This in spite of the fact that the lesbian in me kind of liked the queen in you.

She is deeply hurt. She says you don't want anyone to come out, you just want everyone to agree with your lies and denial.

Snicker smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189502 Apr 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I humbly accept the winner's position. Aw shucks! Warn't nothin!
Glad to have played. Proud to have pissed off this little clown "UrObsessedWithGayMarriag e" so much he was inspired to rate me the highest!
Lets give a hand for all the other contestants. Here! Here!
Thank you. Thank you.
And go figure, the one who came out of the closet, but disagrees with imposing an imposter relationship on marriage get's top billing!

Smirk.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189504 Apr 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there's the latest, largest and most scientific study of it's kind that shows out of all family types, lesbian couples rate last. After single parents.
Thoughts?
Smile.
I've given you my thoughts on this... Even if this study says what you believe it does; even if the study is sound; it does not prove that lesbian couples should not be parents.

To say that something is "not as good as" is not the same as saying "is so poor that it should not exist".

Did this study compare lesbian couples, for example, to poor heterosexual couples? Did it compare the children of lesbian couples to children who are in the foster care system? Did it compare lesbian couples to couples who create a chaotic home environment?

I can't find the study that you cite, but if I'm not mistaken, it was commissioned by a right-wing group.

Maybe you'll give us a link to the study so all of us can draw our own conclusions.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189505 Apr 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight (smile).
You are saying the anathema of gays, straights defending marriage and family, are really, horror of horror, CLOSET GAYS?!
I don't know if you could shame 'us' any more...
I mean the lesbian trapped in a straight man.
Snicker.
No dear... That's not what I'm saying at all.

I said that those men who vehemently oppose male homosexuality--those who angrily oppose all things related to gay men--THEY are the ones who have some soul-searching to do.

I'd put you right up there at the top of the list.

As I've pointed out to you in the past; you know more about gay male sex than most gay men I know. You know explicit details.

Why would any straight man be so fascinated almost exclusively with gay men?

You closet-queens get on here and rail against gays with such fury.

Anybody with half a brain knows that you only do so because it hits a little too close to home for you.

We will welcome you into the fold once you have come to terms with your demons and accepted your true bisexual or homosexual orientation.
Anonymous

United States

#189506 Apr 20, 2013
I think Judy Crouch, Mike Shubeck and Barbara Shubeck should all go off to an island and continue the gross things you do. Please, keep gays, family, the kids and the previous places of employment out of your mess. Have your wierd life, but if you mess with my life again and my girl, I will put your videos,(yes, you Emily) online.. get it? got it? Stay away from my wife Mike Shubeck and Judy Crouch.
EndOfacts

Covina, CA

#189508 Apr 20, 2013
This topic has so many endo's the headlights are knocked off.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189509 Apr 20, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see, Super Man has an S on his cape, do you have an L on yours???
No. Mine says J for Jizzy!

Even though you are obsessed, you stalk me and it's very creepy. But you're such a silly galoot, and a harmless pu$sie, so you're lots of fun.

OK! Cool beans! Oh snap! Jizzy!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189510 Apr 20, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, they don't understand that they are Homophobic, because they are afraid of who they really are. When they post that the thought of two gay men having sex makes them sick. I ask they why are they thinking of it?????
I have dinner most Sundays with my neighbors, a gay couple in their 70s. Love those two silly jackasses! That's where I get all my gay jokes. About 30% of the gated community I live in are gay. Great neighbors! The best. The place is perfectly maintained.

Glad Jizzy doesn't live here, all angry calling everyone homophobes even the gays! Jizzy's house would be all trashy, junk cars on the lawn on blocks and such. Mangy dog flea bitten sexually abused dog chained up barking all hours.

YUK!YUK!YUK! Jizzy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189511 Apr 20, 2013
Cool beans!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189512 Apr 20, 2013
Oh snap! Jizzy is off from his loser job at the Car Wash today.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189513 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear... That's not what I'm saying at all.
I said that those men who vehemently oppose male homosexuality--those who angrily oppose all things related to gay men--THEY are the ones who have some soul-searching to do.
I'd put you right up there at the top of the list.
As I've pointed out to you in the past; you know more about gay male sex than most gay men I know. You know explicit details.
Why would any straight man be so fascinated almost exclusively with gay men?
You closet-queens get on here and rail against gays with such fury.
Anybody with half a brain knows that you only do so because it hits a little too close to home for you.
We will welcome you into the fold once you have come to terms with your demons and accepted your true bisexual or homosexual orientation.
So.......you ARE saying that we ARE gay.....All that denial, when a simple "Yes" would've sufficed. That's funny, wheezer. News flash.....I'm not gay. We're not gay. You are gay. Clear now?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#189514 Apr 20, 2013
Justice isn't an unelected and unaccountable court rewriting marriage law for everyone.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189515 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear... That's not what I'm saying at all.
I said that those men who vehemently oppose male homosexuality--those who angrily oppose all things related to gay men--THEY are the ones who have some soul-searching to do.
I'd put you right up there at the top of the list.
As I've pointed out to you in the past; you know more about gay male sex than most gay men I know. You know explicit details.
Why would any straight man be so fascinated almost exclusively with gay men?
You closet-queens get on here and rail against gays with such fury.
Anybody with half a brain knows that you only do so because it hits a little too close to home for you.
We will welcome you into the fold once you have come to terms with your demons and accepted your true bisexual or homosexual orientation.
And, you should listen to that other half of your brain, the one that is telling you that you are lying, again. It knows better than the half that lies to you. Deep stuff, but, there it is.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189516 Apr 20, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, they don't understand that they are Homophobic, because they are afraid of who they really are. When they post that the thought of two gay men having sex makes them sick. I ask they why are they thinking of it?????
So, you are against pedophilia, because, you are really a pedophile? I get it.

Since: Mar 07

Drakes Branch, VA

#189517 Apr 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Justice isn't an unelected and unaccountable court rewriting marriage law for everyone.
How would marriage law be "re-written" for everyone by removing unconstitutional laws created relatively recently to harm gay Americans?

Do you really think that everyone will be forced to marry someone of the same gender? I promise you that this is not the case.

Gay people are too caring and polite to want to come into your home and create laws to harm your family.

It's simple courtesy. If something can't harm YOU, don't create laws banning it that harm others.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189518 Apr 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Justice isn't an unelected and unaccountable court rewriting marriage law for everyone.
Anymore, it is....Just ask them, they'll tell you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189519 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given you my thoughts on this... Even if this study says what you believe it does; even if the study is sound; it does not prove that lesbian couples should not be parents.
To say that something is "not as good as" is not the same as saying "is so poor that it should not exist".
Did this study compare lesbian couples, for example, to poor heterosexual couples? Did it compare the children of lesbian couples to children who are in the foster care system? Did it compare lesbian couples to couples who create a chaotic home environment?
I can't find the study that you cite, but if I'm not mistaken, it was commissioned by a right-wing group.
Maybe you'll give us a link to the study so all of us can draw our own conclusions.
Yes. Any study that puts you in a less than perfect light is bogus and right wing lies. It's in the rainbow handbook.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189520 Apr 20, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So.......you ARE saying that we ARE gay.....All that denial, when a simple "Yes" would've sufficed. That's funny, wheezer. News flash.....I'm not gay. We're not gay. You are gay. Clear now?
He gets confused. Like Marram.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racial profiling by Facebook against Natives, w... Thu ghostdancer1890 1
Awful humming/thrumming sound in the middle of ... (Jun '12) Wed Suzette 37
Downtown North Wed ralph 1
UPDATE 1-Vivus says erectile dysfunction drug m... (Sep '12) Mar 3 joshjonhson 20
Complaints Against Google+ (Jul '14) Mar 2 andrewharas 100
Long Beacha s middle class, then ... and now Mar 1 Lucy 4
Moderators why have i been shadow banned? (Jun '14) Feb 27 Fracking Doodooda 4

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:31 am PST

NFL 4:31AM
Aldon Smith restructures 2015 contract with Niners
Bleacher Report10:00 AM
Raiders Extend Lease at Coliseum for 1 More Year
Bleacher Report 1:00 PM
49ers Making Bad Decision Shopping Wilhoite Instead of Borland
CBS Sports 2:52 PM
Raiders lease renewed for one year in Oakland: Three things to know
NFL 4:26 PM
Nick Roach released by Raiders; career in jeopardy