Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,397

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#232193 Aug 20, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
<quoted text>You are a stupid and probably an idiot mexican when you say blatant lies like the above. You don't deserve to live in the USA. You are too stupid and should be deported.
What are you some white Supremacist?
what up doc

Covina, CA

#232194 Aug 20, 2014
August 20, 2014

The bank of America will be paying $10 billion in cash and provide consumer relief valued at $7 billion.

The agreement requires the bank to acknowledge making misrepresentations about the quality of its residential mortgage-backed securities itself and in those by Countrywide Financial and Merrill Lynch.

Finally got caught after lying about it for years.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232195 Aug 20, 2014
what up doc wrote:
August 20, 2014
The bank of America will be paying $10 billion in cash and provide consumer relief valued at $7 billion.
The agreement requires the bank to acknowledge making misrepresentations about the quality of its residential mortgage-backed securities itself and in those by Countrywide Financial and Merrill Lynch.
Well "Covina", I see you appear desperate for a response to this post since you had to repeat it from earlier because no one cared to comment before, so to soothe your neglected ego let me simply say "good point" ;)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232196 Aug 20, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you some white Supremacist?
My dear, I think we can all agree that has already been certifiably substantiated (lol)

;)

Location hidden

#232197 Aug 20, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>My dear, I think we can all agree that has already been certifiably substantiated (lol)

;)
The ultimate troll, haters...That's y
they live in the Desert.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232198 Aug 20, 2014
BoinkO wrote:
Retardo you and rick perry and glenn becker can all go of and talk about it together boinko's or buckO.
What he did is nothing compared to all the scandals obama has been in.
what up doc

Covina, CA

#232200 Aug 20, 2014
August 20, 2014

As if by magic.The bank of America will be paying $10 billion in cash and provide consumer relief valued at $7 billion.

Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232202 Aug 21, 2014
Mexicans continue racism.
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232206 Aug 21, 2014
Apparently, there are a large contingent of Latinos who hate Blacks more than a Rednecked southerner.

TeleVisa. Forget You.

All the actors in this skit. Forget You.

The coonin brother? Forget You.

All the ignorant Latinos who agree with this bull-shyt and look down your nose at Black people (and I know some of you personally) Forget You.
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232207 Aug 21, 2014
If Black and Brown racial tensions were simmering, it just went ablaze with the racist TeleVisa skit that went viral today. Although the skit is over a year old, it found life on the internet as it’s overtly racist jokes and gags offended thousands.

In the skit, and exchange student from Africa join a class of Mexican students. They immediately begin to ridicule him, calling him a monkey, telling him his mother uses shoe polish to grease him up, throwing bananas at him, etc. The exchange student take it all in…agreeing with their assessment of his Blackness and begins smiling, cheesing and coonin.

Really Mexico? This is how you treat Blacks….Really? You?

MadMen, I’ve seen a lot of racist shyt, but this sickened me. I don’t know what is worse – the Latinos (who obviously don’t understand they are “colored”), the insensitive TeleVisa for airing it or the African actor who has no sense of pride.

It can be argued that even if all Black people refused to play these types of parts, they would have just put someone in Blackface to play the role. Apparently, there are a large contingent of Latinos who are more racist than a Rednecked southerner.

There is no way this can be misconstrued or explained away. There wasn’t a lesson learned about how we are all “brothers” or “family”. It didn’t poke fun at racism…it perpetuated it. Someone said that this is not racism because they don’t “hate” the Black kid. But we all know that hate and racism come in many forms. Any dark-skinned child watching this will learn hate themselves. But I guess that is the point isn’t it?
Vanella

Sierra Madre, CA

#232208 Aug 21, 2014
This topic is gone to the blanko and means nothing butt to some religious extremist's and their followers in the backroom
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232209 Aug 21, 2014
Vanella wrote:
This topic is gone to the blanko and means nothing butt to some religious extremist's and their followers in the backroom
You are a blanko idiot. Are you a pendejo? Black and Brown race riots continue!
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232210 Aug 21, 2014
Vanella wrote:
Chinga tu madre y jodete "Vanell de Sierra Madre".
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232211 Aug 21, 2014
Vanella wrote:
Chinga tu madre y jodete "Vanella de Sierra Madre."
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232212 Aug 21, 2014
Vanella wrote:
Vanella:

You mean nothing with your blanko head. Comprende cholo?

Location hidden

#232213 Aug 21, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
They are more welcoming than you
"Vineyard".....Watch ed American
History X too many times? Plus
throughout the centuries, especially
during the first Colonies and the
Slave era, all the races intermixed
therefore, unless you came from
somewhere else( like Mars) you
have mixed blood too.

Location hidden

#232214 Aug 21, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
<quoted text>Chinga tu madre y jodete "Vanell de Sierra Madre".
You tell him to go fk his mother??
How old are you?17?.....,
dear

Mountain View, CA

#232215 Aug 21, 2014
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????

Exactly, my thoughts what is the use of voting when these judges are going to over rule what the majority wants, I'm not going waste my time or gas
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232216 Aug 21, 2014

If Black and Brown racial tensions were simmering, it just went ablaze with the racist TeleVisa skit that went viral today. Although the skit is over a year old, it found life on the internet as it’s overtly racist jokes and gags offended thousands.

In the skit, and exchange student from Africa join a class of Mexican students. They immediately begin to ridicule him, calling him a monkey, telling him his mother uses shoe polish to grease him up, throwing bananas at him, etc. The exchange student take it all in…agreeing with their assessment of his Blackness and begins smiling, cheesing and coonin.

Really Mexico? This is how you treat Blacks….Really? You?

MadMen, I’ve seen a lot of racist shyt, but this sickened me. I don’t know what is worse – the Latinos (who obviously don’t understand they are “colored”), the insensitive TeleVisa for airing it or the African actor who has no sense of pride.

It can be argued that even if all Black people refused to play these types of parts, they would have just put someone in Blackface to play the role. Apparently, there are a large contingent of Latinos who are more racist than a Rednecked southerner.

There is no way this can be misconstrued or explained away. There wasn’t a lesson learned about how we are all “brothers” or “family”. It didn’t poke fun at racism…it perpetuated it. Someone said that this is not racism because they don’t “hate” the Black kid. But we all know that hate and racism come in many forms. Any dark-skinned child watching this will learn hate themselves. But I guess that is the point isn’t it?

Apparently, there are a large contingent of Latinos who hate Blacks more than a Rednecked southerner.

TeleVisa. Forget You.

All the actors in this skit. Forget You.

The coonin brother? Forget You.

All the ignorant Latinos who agree with this bull-shyt and look down your nose at Black people (and I know some of you personally) Forget You.

Mexicans say racism first, not the Blacks.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232218 Aug 21, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a blanko idiot. Are you a pendejo? Black and Brown race riots continue!
true, but can all the blame go to them? Why do the cops incite violence? Why does the media incite violence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UPDATE 1-Vivus says erectile dysfunction drug m... (Sep '12) 4 hr joshjonhson 20
Complaints Against Google+ (Jul '14) 22 hr andrewharas 100
Long Beacha s middle class, then ... and now Sun Lucy 4
Moderators why have i been shadow banned? (Jun '14) Feb 27 Fracking Doodooda 4
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Feb 26 tera 112
Caltrain accident Feb 25 Mary J 1
VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Feb 25 Jack Offmoore 14

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:28 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:28PM
Rugby League Star Hayne Signs with 49ers
Bleacher Report11:01 PM
Raiders' Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
Bleacher Report 9:28 AM
MJD Compares New Raiders HC Del Rio to Frank Underwood
Bleacher Report11:38 AM
Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions for 49ers
Bleacher Report 1:03 PM
Fact/Fiction: Raiders to Be Big Factors on Cobb, Suh?