Living in Argentina - Can't stand it anymore

Posted in the Palo Alto Forum

Alex Vojacek

San Luis, Argentina

#1 May 26, 2012
Hello people from this lovely forum, I currently live (and always lived in Argentina), my whole life I lived on Buenos Aires, the capital city but recently, just 3 years ago, I moved out to San Luis (A province on the same country) to better live on the country side, I bought 7 hactares of land and have a beautiful house with my family, wife and 2 kids.

The thing is, I work on the internet, my whole work is on the internet and with technology, I manage a hardware website doing reviews of products, the problem is, for years now, my current love for computers, web design and hardware testing is not well recognized on my country, in fact, is not recognized at all, the internet connectivity is lousy, I barely have 512kbits at night, at day I have intermitent 128kbits connection and can't be improved, there is a really lack of technology where I live on the internet matters and I won't improve, I can barely watch a video on youtube or see a movie online.

The main problem is, the goverment here is a disaster, the country is rampant on piracy (which I strongly fight with my website), bad attitude from the people, loussy bussiness interests and above all, a increase in corruption that I can barely stand anymore.

I am seriously considering moving out to United States, I know that legislations are really hard on us, I know that it's difficult, but somehow I believe that I can still make it, buy some land there, have a nice house and be able to succeed in the tech industry and web as is evidently, here, I can't.

How is life in Palo Alto? I really have some kind of magnet to that place, I don't know why, but I fell like we could live there.

How is the cost of living, job oportunities and above all, the people. Do yo guys think my family and me have a chance?

I would be very glad to hear your answers about this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for some girls in miami 15 hr Brazillover 1
Ron Obenchain Psycho Stalker!!! 55 years old 20 hr NeverAgain 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) 22 hr Kay 128
Beam me up Scottie Mon guest 12
Is this intergration or segregation Whatever ha... Oct 18 Love it or Leave it 1
Palo Alto Hosts 'Smart' City Partner From Austr... Oct 15 Sick of paying fo... 1
Musk's Tesla D Intrigue Stokes Rally in Mobiley... Oct 7 amineunited 2

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match

Palo Alto Jobs

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]