Mercury News editorial: San Mateo and Santa Clara County school measures deserve support
Proposition 30 last year markedly improved funding for public schools, but little state money is available to renovate and expand them.Read more
Since: Mar 13
#1 Oct 29, 2013
so, the mercury news suggests supporting it because they feel there are answers (not given) to the concerns. And because it could take years for them to come up with another plan. Doesn't sound like good reasons to vote for a bad ballot measure.
Vote NO on P.
* why tear down a school and rebuild it instead of just adding on and saving money?
* The District has $70 million remaining from Measure L from 2008
* Its a bad idea to send 5th graders to Middle School with 6-8th graders.
* Why would the District pay for solar panels with debt, instead of leasing them and locking in lower rates. Seems like a faster way to reduce costs and reduce risk instead of a huge capital outlay.
* Same with technology funding. Why set aside so much money for something that has no clear plan for how to use it and will be obsolete so quickly.
* Borel Middle School is also impacted and older with no plan for its future. Can we figure this out too?
VOTE NO on P.
#2 Nov 1, 2013
VOTE NO ON G
Add your comments below
|Soledad Canyon a " California||Mar 25||Ravenite Coffee||2|
|Need a place to stay asap!||Mar 25||Will||1|
|does anyone need a good dog walker (May '07)||Mar 25||chicagodawg||46|
|Suddenly, water is everywhere in solar system||Mar 24||Beingreal999||2|
|Rogue Topix Moderators||Mar 23||WTSenior||7|
|Talking with ... One of the nation's leading di...||Mar 23||Controversy||1|
|Belmont outlines accomplishments: City Council ...||Mar 21||Schmones||1|
Find what you want!
Search Palo Alto Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC