No Smart Meters for Palo Alto Before 2015
Utilities staff, the UAC and consultants have been reviewing the status of smart meters and their applicability for Palo Alto since 2009, and have concluded that it makes no economic or functional sense to install smart meters now.A The feasibility will be studied further and by 2014 or 2015 costs and benefits may be better balanced and ... (more)
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.
#1 Feb 21, 2012
THE COST-BENEFIT DOES WORK FOR PG$E BECAUSE ALL THE COSTS ARE ON THE BACKS OF CUSTOMERS AND ALL THE BENEFITS GO TO PG$E CORPORATE MANAGEMENT (not even to the employees.)
#2 Feb 21, 2012
ALREADY PAID FOR SMART METER
In PG$E Territory, Customers are ALREADY PAYING ABOUT $300 each FOR THE SMART METER HIDDEN WITHIN THEIR UTILITY BILL over many months, so WHY do they have to pay an additional OPT-OUT fee for something they already paid for but aren't getting?
Shouldn't PG$E give them a credit or rebate for saving PG$E the cost of giving them the meter THAT THEY ALREADY PAID $300 TO PG$E?!
#3 Feb 21, 2012
SMART METER HEALTH REPORT
HEALTH DEPARTMENT SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, STATE OF CALIFORNIA JANUARY 2012.
(Statements, not all 11 pages)
- Smart meters expose persons in the home to FULL BODY RADIATION EXPOSURES 50 to 450 times greater radiation than cell phones depending on proximity in the home to the smart meter attached to outside wall (calculated using the inverse square).
- Smart meters emit radiation almost continuously throughout the day 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Increased permeability of the blood-brain barrier in the head, harmful effects on sperm, double strand breaks in DNA which could lead to cancer genesis, stress gene activation indicating exposure to a toxin, and alterations in brain glucose metabolism.
- Electro Hypersensitivity is a real and sometimes debilitating problem for the affected persons.. Above affects are occurring to all persons, not just those who are hypersensitive (added for clarification).
- FCC guidelines are irrelevant and cannot be used for any claims of Smart Meter safety unless heat damage is involved
- Smart meter exposure is Involuntary exposure. Governmental agencies for protecting public health and safety should be much more vigilant towards involuntary environmental exposures because governmental agencies are the only defense against such involuntary exposure.
#4 Feb 21, 2012
HACKERS SEE OUR SMART METER ACTIVITIES BETTER THAN WE DO
Utility companies and hackers can access your precise activities in your home, but the utility customer living in the home CANNOT get that information.
The information available to the customer living in the home comes back from the utility company 18-24 hours later with all devices grouped together, so no individual device can be isolated for the customer.
Customers cannot see what the hacker or utility company can see. Without knowing how much each device uses, the customer cannot use the smart meter information to improve or conserve their energy use.
So unless the customer can hack the information spewing from their own wireless smart meter, the smart meter information provided by the utility company for the customer is useless to the customer.
#5 Feb 21, 2012
A smart meter blow up in San Bruno once.
#6 Feb 27, 2012
PG&E are TERRORISTS. They will do more harm than Sept 11 attacks. Every one who works for PG&E or installs Smart Meters has earned their ticket to HELL.
Add your comments below
|Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15)||Dec 2||Ron||151|
|Man in car exposes himself to woman in Palo Alto||Dec 1||Kevin from Michigan||1|
|Uber for Drones - "Palo Altitude" startup||Nov 30||Palo Altitude||1|
|Tesla competitor Lucid Motors picks Arizona for...||Nov 30||I Got Your Jewels||5|
|Trump deportation plan sends South Bay leaders ...||Nov 29||spytheweb||2|
|Sunnyvale Parrot Study (Dec '09)||Nov 27||lol||29|
|Sunnyvale considers expanding smoking ban to mu... (Sep '15)||Nov 19||Haha||30|
Find what you want!
Search Palo Alto Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC