Sunnyvale police shoot, kill one person, arrest two near schools

Sep 12, 2007 Full story: www.mercurynews.com 62

Sunnyvale police officers shot and killed one man and arrested two others this morning on the 1100 block of Ayala Drive, according to the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety.

Full Story
Only God Can Judge Me

United States

#42 Sep 21, 2007
i don't have children but fine i will thanks for the advice pal peace.

Since: Apr 07

Sunnyvale, CA

#43 Sep 22, 2007
Only God Can Judge Me wrote:
youre an a-hole of course i knew him he wouldnt run over a squirrel much less a human being im sure all he cared about in this world were his two sons who witnessed the tragedy just shut up already this is extremely painfull and im tired of people jumping to conclussions thinking they know more than the people who actually have more knowledge than anybody including law enforcement please lets stop the killings how about using non-lethal weapons.
If you "actually have more knowledge than anybody" than you wouldn't be saying "im sure all he cared about in this world were his two sons...". I have no doubt he loved his children. What I highly doubt is how well you think you know someone. You would be a little more confident than "im sure"...
Only God Can Judge Me

United States

#44 Sep 23, 2007
looks like you should be teaching english rather than arguing with some one who is only at a high school level??

Sunnyvale, CA

#45 Sep 23, 2007
Your education level has nothing to do with why I think you have no idea what you're talking about. ...but no matter how you try to rationalize it, you've still haven't shown you possess the knowledge you claim.

“One of the Beaker People”

Since: Aug 07

Way Out West

#46 Sep 24, 2007
Yesterday there was a shoointg in Mountain View that is considered gang related as all members involved with the victim were of the Mountain View Sureno's. It's a stretch but the last 3 violent deaths (by cop or by civilian) have been 3 dead gang or former gang members, so there seems to be a root cause forming here. How do we get our fellow citizens to reject the gang affiliations that bring violence to our communities? I don't want the indivduals to leave, just dump the whole gang thing. they usually grow out of it, you don't see many 50 year old gang members. Can we get them to reject it earlier?
Only God Can Judge Me

United States

#47 Sep 25, 2007
There is gang intervention my friend Marco G. from Mtn view works at Graham Middle School doing just that counseling youths that are on the troubled road towards gang violence,however a lot of them come here already in their late teens or early twenties from L.A with their street trash mentality of gang banging,there is only so much that can be done.

“One of the Beaker People”

Since: Aug 07

Way Out West

#48 Sep 25, 2007
I agree, more must be done at home. By the time they get to school with it it is too late. It has to be parents and authority figures that stop this. It goes back to leadership, if there isn't the gang lifstyle to emulate then they won't. How do we get people to reject it from the aspect of the gang lifestyle being unattractive??
Stephan

San Leandro, CA

#49 Oct 9, 2007
I happened to be driving in the Sunnyvale neighborhood where this happened and saw all the police cars and the ambulance still there and knew something bad had happened. Sorry to read about the loss of life and I feel for the family of the deceased, especially the twins who will grow up without a father... I hope that the truth comes out (I reserve judgement until all the facts are in), above all I hope that witnesses will come forth and help ensure that justice is ultimately served. And regardless what the truth here is, Neighbors have to stand up and work with law enforcement to root out gangs among them. If a mistake was made here by the police, while that would be the immediate cause of the tragedy (and would need to be punished), recognize that tolerating gangs and gang behavior is ultimately responsible for the violence in your neighborhood.
none

San Francisco, CA

#50 Apr 24, 2008
I talked to a neighbor a of the victim.
Jose was a victim of shoot first, ask questions later.
If you live on the wrong side fo the tracks in this city you get treated like a minority in a racist neighborhood. Fact end of story! A lot of these cops are over paid poor excuses for human beings.
He was shot by an undercover officer because he was suspected of being the gang leader. He was merely yelling at kids who were gang members to take thier beef somewhere else instead of in front of his house. I grew up around corrupt police and if didn't see police corruption first hand, i would have never believed myself either. I don't don't blame you for questioning people who say that. Realize that human nature is what it is. Putting on a badge and uniform doesn't make Infaluable or holier than thou. It can in a sense naturally push you to abuse your some of your powers. How many cops do you know plead guilty for tickets? This deparment has had its share of problems over the years with running prostitution, raiding the homes innocent peoples homes due to incompetance and poor investigating.
This officer should fry in prison like any other citizen would for what he did. Since he's a cop he'll most likely be working again getting paid over 100,000 a year and walk free for making a huge mistake ! Dont give up your rights to being policed ! What happened was an atrocity to Jose and his family.

Sunnyvale, CA

#51 Apr 25, 2008
You talked to a neighbor and are suddenly an expert on the events that led to the shooting??? You're actually serious aren't you....:::rolls eyes:::
find justice

United States

#52 Jun 5, 2008
People can't defend or understand someone's position until you hear both sides.
I know many of the police officers in Sunnyvale and for the most part, they are doing their job. Many come in to my work, Starbucks.
However, there is one incident that proves that not all people or workplaces are perfect. On May 24th, on Colombia Ave in Sunnyvale, the police was called because there was a group of people being too loud. Half of the people left. 5 girls and 6 guys stayed underneath the apartments carport. Two police cars stayed ( 4 police men). Twenty minutes later , two police approached them and yelled " Do you fucken need something else?" (what kind of language is this went through many of the guys and girls.) they answered nothing, everything is okay....
the worst came later...this is going to trial and will be in the news. stay tune for more info. Cops cover each other just like in any other workplace. Cops are human beings and can do mistakes.
The only excuse the cops came out with that night was "we are new" " we will fix this problem." that night there were more cops involved into the scene and said that it will be investigated , however, nobody's name, phone number or address was taken. A fifty year old lady was hurt by the cop with the baton and there was one arrest. Please give us any information that can help.

Sunnyvale, CA

#53 Jun 7, 2008
find justice wrote:
People can't defend or understand someone's position until you hear both sides.
So you present a scenario about alleged police misconduct without the other sides story...kind of hypocritical of your statement isn't it? Serving cops coffee qualifies you as knowing "their side"?

Sunnyvale, CA

#55 Jun 7, 2008
Still spouting that non-sense, avoiding questions and making personal attacks on people I see. Very classy, following me into a forum which you have no connection too, with no other intention but to personally attack me... Yes, you are the pinnacle of greatness. :::rolls eyes:::

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#56 Jun 8, 2008
Bunker wrote:
<quoted text>
All I hear.... are fart noises coming out of this person....
You love the sound of your own voice. Stay out of our town business and you won't catch us at the gay bar slapping units out of your mouth OK?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#59 Jun 9, 2008
Are you really that stupid?
Quit imitating people, they might think you like them.

Stay in your trailer park and open another can of choco soda and rip open a new box of moonpies. Try not to get too much spittle on yourself idiot.
Kawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are all the good gay bars? Which one is the best?

Sunnyvale, CA

#65 Jul 5, 2008
Jeezus, I go on vacation and wtf did I miss? Ahhh...that little a$$clown bunker charles whatever-the-f**k still spouting his trash....:::rolls eyes:::

Sunnyvale, CA

#67 Jul 6, 2008
I'm not starting anything. Just stating a fact and my opinion. If you think I'm starting something back up, that's your interpretation and ignorance.
RiP SMiLEY

Oakland, CA

#68 Sep 27, 2011
BrotherOblivion wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happened? Is it possible that if he was not the prime suspect then he knew who was?
It is unfortunate that anyone has to die, even the kid a few weeks ago who was beat to death with bricks was somebodys cousin as well. Is it possible that your cousin could have helped bring the real criminal to justice? It sounds like (until I hear back from you) that he had a good opportunity to show his wife and children some courage and leadership and cooperate with the safety officers. One has to wonder why he didn't
i may not have witnessed anything but that day my friend got killed, i drove down that street and i can say there were many older men not guys bcuz at that time i must have been 18 years old and i had to come to a complete stop due to the fact that there were many big men who were all dressed in red who were huddled all together in the middle of the street, if u ask me it looked like it was a reunion for them, guess something r never really left behind and i speak from experience bcuz i also have an ex husband who was "tried to run his life around" but when u a gangster u will forever be one, jumped in or not. itz only one way in & one way out!! come on now. i am not justifying the death of this salvadorian guy who was associated with i believe la mara. yes many like my mother speak that this guy was no longer involved and whoopdy whoop but who is really to say? they say tell me who u hang out w. n ill tell u who u r! Now the bottom line is that Jose and Smiley Rest in Peace both knew that someday their life was going to end this way, itz death or life behind bars. JUST A FUCKN COINCIDENCE THAT JOSE SO HAPPEN TO LIVE ON AYALA WHERE SMILEY WAS KILLED NOT SO FAR AWAY FROM HIS HOME EITHER!.... AND WHAT WERE ALL THOSE GANGSTERS DOING ON AYALA ON THAT EXACT SAME DAY AND PLACE WHERE JOSE RESIDES? I MEAN DONT GET ME WRONG THERE R MANY GANGSTERS OUT THERE BUT NOT MANY NORTENOS AND IT JUST SO HAPPEND LIKE I WILL NEVER GET TIRED OF MENTIONING IS THAT THEY WERE ALL IN RED, TOO MUCH OF A FUCKN COINCIDENCE U FUCKEN ASK MEEH. ITS JUST LITTLE BITS OF INFORMATION U CAN JUST PT TOGETHER URSELF AND COME UP W. A DAM CONCLUSION, AND JUST SO ALL U PPL OUT THERE NOW, SMILEYS BROTHER, BEST FRIEND AND TWO OTHER FRIENDS WENT TO JAIL TRYING TO GET HIM T THE HOSPITAL AND AWAY FROM THE Area. THEY WERE UNABLE TO ATTEND HIS SERVICES AND WERE RELEASED MANY MONTHS LATER. EVERYONE MADE IT A BIG DEAL BCUZ THE COPS KILLED HIM N ALL THIS TRYING TO NAME HIM THE VICTIM, WHEN THERE WAS A LIFE LOST WAY B4 THIS BCUZ OF THE ASSOCIATION AND THATS IT!
dano

Mountain View, CA

#69 Apr 9, 2013
I witnessed Sunnyvale cops smash a suspects head into their cruiser after he had handcuffs on. I believe that's police brutality. Good thing there are more cell phone cameras now to expose these lawbreaking cops.
Adam Mosh

Sunnyvale, CA

#70 May 28, 2013
> I wish I knew what really happened that day.

Considering how ludicrously cheap cameras are, and that the starting salary for a police officer in this area is around $85,000 - I have to wonder why police don't just wear a camera mounted on their head.

http://www.amazon.com/Looxcie-LX1-Bluetooth-C...

There, any questions as to what happened - gone. At the same time, all the evidence is record, no question as to guilt or innocence 90% of the time.

Mehserle would have probably walked if it wasn't for the fact 20 people actually recorded him killing a man. Heck, he only got 2 years - and he's no longer in prison, despite the fact he initially ran.

I mean, we have the technology, we live in SILICON VALLEY, this is EASY to make - but the police won't want to adopt it. Why is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 14 hr Does it All 29
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) 18 hr maryjaneprincton 19
US stocks start lower Tue Anthony V 104
annoying helicopter flying near fremont st and ... (Sep '08) Dec 15 Zombie Corpse Rental 14
pune india Dec 13 sudhir1984 2
For Google's self-driving cars, learning to dea... Dec 12 Truth 6
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375

Palo Alto News Video

Palo Alto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palo Alto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palo Alto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palo Alto

Personal Finance