States Pressure Topix.com to Stop Cha...

States Pressure Topix.com to Stop Charging for Abuse Review

There are 66 comments on the ConsumerAffairs.Com story from May 17, 2010, titled States Pressure Topix.com to Stop Charging for Abuse Review. In it, ConsumerAffairs.Com reports that:

Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal and 22 other state attorneys general are urging Internet message board host Topix.com to improve consumer protections and eliminate its $19.99 fee for a oepriority reviewa to eliminate abusive or inappropriate posts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ConsumerAffairs.Com.

Absinthe Elbow

San Bernardino, CA

#47 May 31, 2010
Arturo Ximenes wrote:
Are you comparing Hispanics to Neanderthals?
How dare you. It is one thing to have disagreements it is quite another thing to shut down civil discussion with bigotry.
Shame on you.
Sorry, buddy. I was just having some fun. I didn't know some people could be so hateful. Notice when called on their hate they attack and attack and then change the subject.

Racism is just wrong. No Hispanics are not Neanderthals. Sorry you had to endure this.

_Virginia_

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#48 May 31, 2010
Absinthe Elbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, buddy. I was just having some fun. I didn't know some people could be so hateful. Notice when called on their hate they attack and attack and then change the subject.
Racism is just wrong. No Hispanics are not Neanderthals. Sorry you had to endure this.
Talking to yourself again troll? really, they have new medicines on the market to help this, you CAN get the help you need, you do not need to feel lost!
Absinthe Elbow

San Bernardino, CA

#49 May 31, 2010
I don't claim to be good but I would never denigrate an entire ethnic group during a topix tantrum. You really need to apologize but a narcissist doesn't know how.

This started as fun and now it is ugly hateful and sad.
Not a Blogger

San Bernardino, CA

#50 May 31, 2010
Virginia Olive Hoge wrote:
<quoted text>
..... they have new medicines on the market to help this,....
We are very sure you are intimately familiar with these meds.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#51 Jun 1, 2010
Braintree wrote:
<quoted text>
Your calling Hispanics Neanderthals is disgusting. You should man up apologize.
Yes, the comparison is disgusting. At least the Neanderthals evolved. ;-)
Somethings Up With Jack

Parksley, VA

#52 Jun 1, 2010
Razorback Jack wrote:
Virginia needs a man in her life. She seems a bit bitter.
I'm disappointed with you Jack.
I need you to tell Virginia you were kidding.
Somethings Up With Jack

Parksley, VA

#53 Jun 1, 2010
Razorback Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that you have absolutely no sense of humor and the sooner the mods have had enough of your rant and ban you the sooner everyone here will forget you ever existed.
This isn't funny Jack, what are you doing?
Somethings Up With Jack

Parksley, VA

#54 Jun 1, 2010
Razorback Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that you have absolutely no sense of humor and the sooner the mods have had enough of your rant and ban you the sooner everyone here will forget you ever existed.
At least you were honest. You told me before you are a troll and I didn't believe it. You're a disgrace.

Virginia cares about everything including making the internet a better place. You're after the same.........I thought.

What do you say for yourself Jack?
Somethings Up With Jack

Parksley, VA

#55 Jun 1, 2010
Awesome Attorney General Blumenthal!!
"“We are calling on Topix to abandon its outrageous pay-to-police policy and I urge consumers to join us in telling Topix to stop exploiting pain and abuse on its site,” Blumenthal said.
Exactly! they are exploiting pain and abuse.
“Forcing victims to pay in exchange for promptly stopping abusive, obscene and harassing Internet posts is exploitive financial bullying. The perpetrators, not victims, should be charged this unconscionable fee for making false or abusive posts."
Yes, it is unconscionable for Topix to charge to remove abusive posts, I would add it is also unconscionable for Topix to facilitate abusive posts by their troll-friendly practices.
End troll abuse on Topix and most definitely, end the corrupt practice of charging to remove offensive posts!
One should be able to delete their own post(s).
THAT is the biggest problem here.

The fact that the topix staff pretends to be goody-goody and at the same time run around working as trolls to drum up posts is another problem.

Interesting how the story says to "end troll abuse on topix"
when Tolles himself is on here everyday doing the very things he's supposed to be protecting the general public from.

_Virginia_

Location hidden

#56 Jun 1, 2010
Somethings Up With Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
One should be able to delete their own post(s).
THAT is the biggest problem here.
The fact that the topix staff pretends to be goody-goody and at the same time run around working as trolls to drum up posts is another problem.
Interesting how the story says to "end troll abuse on topix"
when Tolles himself is on here everyday doing the very things he's supposed to be protecting the general public from.
I know, very interesting! Topix is facilitating and encouraging trolling, nothing less! this needs to be outed and Topix needs to clean up their act!

The ability to delete posts is a great idea. Also one of the biggest problems here is that offensive, harassing trolls post are not removed, they are serving Topix's purpose and that purpose needs to change!
lost in the pusd

San Bernardino, CA

#57 Jun 1, 2010
<quoted text>
I know, very interesting! Topix is facilitating and encouraging trolling, nothing less!.......
Why they tolerate racism is beyond me. Maybe it attracts more people and that is all they care about.

_Virginia_

Location hidden

#58 Jun 1, 2010
lost in the pusd wrote:
<quoted text>
Why they tolerate racism is beyond me. Maybe it attracts more people and that is all they care about.
You not only tolerate racism, Pasadena Topix troll, you intentionally spread it.
Nope

San Bernardino, CA

#59 Jun 1, 2010
Provide examples.
No Longer A Jack Fan

Annapolis, MD

#60 Jun 2, 2010
<quoted text>
You not only tolerate racism, Pasadena Topix troll, you intentionally spread it.
I know who that is.

_Virginia_

Location hidden

#61 Jun 2, 2010
No Longer A Jack Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who that is.
Who do you think it is?
TERMlNATOR

Germany

#62 Jun 2, 2010
C'mon No Longer A Jack Fan don't leave us hanging.

_Virginia_

Location hidden

#63 Jun 2, 2010
TERMlNATOR wrote:
C'mon No Longer A Jack Fan don't leave us hanging.
Gosh Kelly, where have I heard that username before?
Troll Kicker 666

San Bernardino, CA

#64 Jun 2, 2010
It is a totally kick a_S_s handle!

_Virginia_

Location hidden

#65 Jun 2, 2010
Troll Kicker 666 wrote:
It is a totally kick a_S_s handle!
Name-stealer troll, how sad and pathetic you are, get a life! loser
Troll Kicker 666

San Bernardino, CA

#66 Jun 2, 2010
I find my evenings to be rather amusing lately.

It aint stealing if someone gives it away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hidden streets of Menlo Park: Croner Avenue 4 hr Hellary Clitass 4
News Trump seeks to dismiss lawsuit over Trump Unive... 5 hr Callme TRUMP 2
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Jul 21 TMM 131
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Jul 21 Great Artist 98
Sprint Customers Beware Jul 21 Egregious Sprint 3
ANyone know what happened to the girl in east p... (Mar '07) Jul 20 No more illegals 43
Gay/bi skype Jul 19 Joelansing789 5

Palo Alto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palo Alto Mortgages